Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Fight at Newport Mall Tonight
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SICULO wrote:
Why is it that towns, cities, nations, with a homogenous make up are less violent?
In one word: inbreeding.

http://images.google.com/images?rlz=1 ... &resnum=4&ved=0CCQQsAQwAw

Posted on: 2010/2/13 17:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/12 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
How much do you think these Security Guards get paid?

Around $10 p/h is my guess.

Why would they interfere? Like those Security Guards in Seattle,

http://abcnews.go.com/US/seattle-teen ... ds-watch/story?id=9800478

they're probably instructed to stay on the sidelines and call the PD.

By interfering, it brings Civil Liabilities onto them, AND the Security company. So if you think security guards are there to actually do anything, you got a lot to learn.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 16:56

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/1 19:25
Group:
Registered Users
i was there last night and left the food court right before it happened. you can definitely feel something brewing with all the kids by the movie theater. they were so out of control before the fight. one of the female security guards was talking to the teenagers, but they were totally ignoring her.
they absolutely need police presence up there.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 16:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/12 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Move to Utah. I'm sure there are far, far less of those "ewwww" types in Salt Lake City.

Ewwww.......Mormons.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 16:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/25 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Why is it that towns, cities, nations, with a homogenous make up are less violent?

Posted on: 2010/2/13 16:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Let us be honest. If this was west Jersey the kids would've simply taking it out to the woods or behind the Burger King parking lot. As far as community centers go? Last thing you want is encouraging kids to congregate in one area. Ask the residents around Grace church about that idea!

Posted on: 2010/2/13 15:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
Wow never seen Mallrats? Its a mall people hang out there not just shop.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 15:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/25 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Its a shame that we blame the Mall, lack of a community ctr,etc etc, when the focus should be on the house holds that breed this type of anti-social behavior.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
As long as there are malls, teens will gather there.
Where a large number of teens gather, there will be the occasional fight.
I do think this mall is a bit worse than others, and I base that not on seeing any fights but the rudeness of the patrons of the movie theater (and those weren't all teens).
My advice is to stay away on Fri and Sat nights if you can help it.
And yes, they do need better security guards.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 15:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GoEagles wrote:
I just saw a crazy fight in the food court. There were sooooo many teenage kids just milling around when I came up the escalator. I should have turned right around, but made the mistake of getting my 2 very young kids a quick slice of pizza. Within 5 minutes a huge fight broke out with chairs being tossed and tons of black teenage kids running all around beating the crap out of each other with four useless female security guards following close behind. Fight started near the movie theater and ended up coming all the way around towards Popeyes chicken. I was with my two young boys who witnessed the chair throwing and the running and screaming of so many people. My description does this scene no justice. It was crazy and scary....

Stay classy JC.

I'm sure it was no worse than anything at an Eagles game...

At least Newport doesn't have a special jail! lol

Posted on: 2010/2/13 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

openheads wrote:
"eww paramus is almost as bad. Short Hills!"

Other than the amount of teenage brown faces (how frightening!), the Paramus malls & Newport have very little in common................ Ewww to you and your disgusting, narrow, obnoxious mind frame.
Why people choose to live in an area like North Jersey & yet shun the racial, economic, religious diversity it offers is beyond me.
Move to Utah. I'm sure there are far, far less of those "ewwww" types in Salt Lake City.

Are you serious? First off you assuming, liberal child, Paramus and Newport Center both have a food court, movie theatre and lots of crappy stores. When an adult goes to the mall, the purpose is usually to purchase an item. Why have to wade through that foot traffic of pedestrians with a different agenda?
I really hope you are fixed, this world definitely doesn't need any more people with your uncritical, unsophisticated mind.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 12:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/7 4:11
Group:
Registered Users
The mall can actually be one alternative. Teens can socialize, have fun and spend money. As adults we need to model, especially parents and provide structure and discipline. Those teens would not act like that in my house! The mall should not allow them to act like that in their house! I've been in communities with outstanding programs for teens and that has been a positive thing.....but the lure of the mall I'm afraid will always be there for teens.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 12:17
I'm not perfect.....but I'm not all bad either.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
What do you do in this town if you are a teenager? In the winter the Mall looks like the best alternative. The point that the city hasn?t provided alternatives to this demographic is apparently a valid one. I?m 45 and have no kids. I tend to blame the parents when I see out of control youth, and I?m sure I?m correct most of the time, but I never try to do anything about the problem. Is there anything people like me can do? Are there places one could volunteer to try to provide worthwhile activities and positive roll models for these kids? Short of a full-on Big Brother program, which I simply have no time for. I would however feel better if I could give back to the community in some smaller ways and try to make a difference in the community, rather than fall back on my usual complaining about the way things are mode.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 12:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/7 4:11
Group:
Registered Users
It was very scary. The 4 very young 5' 2" inch female security guards were useless. Perhaps the mall should focus on security "quality" and not security "quantity". My guess is that they are dressing up many borderline children (18-22) with little life experience and paying them very little. How can Shoprite afford an off duty police officer and the mall has nothing on a weekend night at that food court??? One of the combatants almost bowled over a young child in a baby carriage. I had to step between him and the child while the mother was screaming. I almost wish he had run into me because I would have put his skinny lil ass on the ground.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 12:01
I'm not perfect.....but I'm not all bad either.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/30 11:03
Group:
Registered Users
"eww paramus is almost as bad. Short Hills!"

Other than the amount of teenage brown faces (how frightening!), the Paramus malls & Newport have very little in common................ Ewww to you and your disgusting, narrow, obnoxious mind frame.
Why people choose to live in an area like North Jersey & yet shun the racial, economic, religious diversity it offers is beyond me.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 10:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
Whats the point of the community center? No movies, no fried chicken, no teens.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 4:57

Re: Newport Mall Tonight
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/25 16:16
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe if the Community Center that was supposed to be built at 9th street had not been turned into the Golden Door Charter School, teens may have had somewhere to safely hang out with activities and supervision, and we might have not had that eruption at the mall today.

But, I guess our new Commisioner of Education, Brett Schundler, on whose watch community center funds were used to create a charter school around the corner from Cordero School knew best.

Just had to get my 2cents in.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 4:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
eww paramus is almost as bad. Short Hills!

Posted on: 2010/2/13 3:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
I was there today, but not during the fight.

I did notice at least 3 security guards on the 3rd floor, I wondered why considering there are usually none.

That mall is a joke, its more of a hangout than a place of business. Just getting around the idiots standing in groups, doubles the amount of time you spend there. Thats why the drive to Paramus is usually worth it for me.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 2:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I really hate that mall; especially on weekends.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 1:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/31 0:26
Group:
Registered Users
My son just came home and told me about it.

He was in the Food Court with a couple of his friends when the fight broke out. They ran for the hills. Thankfully, he is home safe and sound.

What a cesspool.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GoEagles wrote:
I just saw a crazy fight in the food court. There were sooooo many teenage kids just milling around when I came up the escalator. I should have turned right around, but made the mistake of getting my 2 very young kids a quick slice of pizza. Within 5 minutes a huge fight broke out with chairs being tossed and tons of black teenage kids running all around beating the crap out of each other with four useless female security guards following close behind. Fight started near the movie theater and ended up coming all the way around towards Popeyes chicken. I was with my two young boys who witnessed the chair throwing and the running and screaming of so many people. My description does this scene no justice. It was crazy and scary....

Stay classy JC.

Im sorry your children had to witness that but huge rumbles while common in JC happen across the world too.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 1:12

Fight at Newport Mall Tonight
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/10 21:47
From Erie Street
Group:
Registered Users

Stay classy JC.

Posted on: 2010/2/13 0:54

Edited by Webmaster on 2010/2/13 4:29:41

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact