Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: City Hires Former Mayor and Felon, Gerry McCann
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Wow - how low can we set the bar? A convicted felon, drug-using shakedown artist is "one of the best mayors we ever had." Says a hell of a lot more about the city than it does about the man.

Wake up people. It's time to expect a whole lot more than you are getting or have gotten.

Posted on: 2010/2/26 21:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/25 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fedup07302 wrote:
Quote:

SICULO wrote:
Huhm, can some of you healy schils make it anymore obvious with yr comments, I mean no effort to hide it I GUESS???

Nonetheless, Gerry is and has allways been good for JC, like it or not he's here to stay and as far as that rumor about him pinching a loaf on his desk, its just that a Rumor, unlike the drunken smuck thats running JC at the moment who was photographed on his stoop in a drunken stooper and in his underwear......YEAH REAL CLASS ACT......and he gets elected???

Not quite sure where your coming from here.So your a fan of McCann but not Healy.It was McCann who gave birth to Healy by making him a judge back in the 80's.They were drinking buddies back then.

Healy just got McCann hired by the city in return for McCann geting his cousin Saun Conners to endorse Healy in the may election.
Both these fools need to be shown the door.

That was then, this is now, I was just stating a fact that McCann was one of the principle reasons why DTJC prospered.I never said he's an angel and yes probably one of the best mayors we ever had.For the record none of them have ever walked on water, if that makes you happy.

Posted on: 2010/2/26 21:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/19 23:04
Group:
Banned
The rumor is that McCann was someone's girlfriend for the two years he was locked up.

I am not a shill for Healy. He is a violent criminal (bar fight down the shore) and an alcoholic.

McCann is a convicted felon and he is eeking his way back into JC politics ironically on THE BOARD OF ED and the INCINERATOR those are facts, I am not even sure how this is legal.

Why do we let these lowlives handle our tax money? I am voting with my feet. I wish they'd come back and arrest the rest.

Posted on: 2010/2/26 20:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SICULO wrote:
Huhm, can some of you healy schils make it anymore obvious with yr comments, I mean no effort to hide it I GUESS???

Nonetheless, Gerry is and has allways been good for JC, like it or not he's here to stay and as far as that rumor about him pinching a loaf on his desk, its just that a Rumor, unlike the drunken smuck thats running JC at the moment who was photographed on his stoop in a drunken stooper and in his underwear......YEAH REAL CLASS ACT......and he gets elected???

Not quite sure where your coming from here.So your a fan of McCann but not Healy.It was McCann who gave birth to Healy by making him a judge back in the 80's.They were drinking buddies back then.

Healy just got McCann hired by the city in return for McCann geting his cousin Saun Conners to endorse Healy in the may election.
Both these fools need to be shown the door.

Posted on: 2010/2/26 13:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SICULO wrote:

Huh? Seems like the only shill here is you. The two G/Jerrys are in bed together. I don't think anyone but you has expressed any love for either of them. To me, they are both in their own ways part of why this place has as many problems as it does. Saying one is better than the other is a pointless exercise. Show both of them the door. Now.

Posted on: 2010/2/26 2:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/2/26 1:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ladybug247 wrote:
Yes the no good low down dirty bastard is . Board of Education elections April 20th. We need to get rid of MC Cann his crony Connors and De Here looks like he needs to be on the booted list.

So are these the Healy Candidates?Just trying to see who wears the Black hat and who wears the white one.

Posted on: 2010/2/25 22:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Mccann is responsible for the redevelopment of the waterfront? It would have gotten developed with or without him getting kickbacks from developers.

Only in Jersey City can a Felon and a Detective form a voting block on a school board.

Snifing coke and pooping on his desk? I guess not such a stretch for a felon. If felons are not allowed to vote for president or teach in a school how can one vote on the school board?

Posted on: 2010/2/25 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sandstone wrote:
Still not as bad as our current drunk.

What a dream match-up that would be:

Gerry McCann vs. Jerry McBeercan.

Posted on: 2010/2/24 19:58

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/22 12:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fedup07302 wrote:
Jerry McCann was a racist,coke snorting,drinking,womenizing
Bully when he was Mayor.Did you know he actually defacated on his desk the night he lost to Tony Cucci.Now he is whelling and dealing at the BOE.

Is he up for reelection this year?

All of the above is absolutely true complete with eye witnesses, myself included. A lot of his tricks were done at the Ale House in the company of cops and lawyers.

Still not as bad as our current drunk.

Posted on: 2010/2/24 19:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/10/29 1:05
Group:
Registered Users
Yes the no good low down dirty bastard is . Board of Education elections April 20th. We need to get rid of MC Cann his crony Connors and De Here looks like he needs to be on the booted list.

Posted on: 2010/2/24 18:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Jerry McCann was a racist,coke snorting,drinking,womenizing
Bully when he was Mayor.Did you know he actually defacated on his desk the night he lost to Tony Cucci.Now he is whelling and dealing at the BOE.

Is he up for reelection this year?

Posted on: 2010/2/24 18:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JRL wrote:
You can't be serious, The Waterfron is prime real estate. The Waterfront would have been built with or with out McCann. You are exaggerating.

Quote:

SICULO wrote:
Gerry was the best thing that ever happend for JC, had it not been for Gerry back in the 80's, we wouldn't have the amazing waterfront development we have today and not withstanding all the bizz that migrated from lower manhattan to DTJC.

So for all of you who may not have been around here back then, I don't exaggerate when I say He did JC right.

The americas would have been discovered with or without Colombus as well.

You're missing the point on this one.

Posted on: 2010/2/24 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ErinMaiden wrote:
just another reason to show up tonight and blast these incompetent, worthless, back door deal making idiots.

i've HAD IT.

Damn straight!

Posted on: 2010/2/24 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 14:49
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
just another reason to show up tonight and blast these incompetent, worthless, back door deal making idiots.

i've HAD IT.

Posted on: 2010/2/24 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
You can't be serious, The Waterfron is prime real estate. The Waterfront would have been built with or with out McCann. You are exaggerating.

Quote:

SICULO wrote:
Gerry was the best thing that ever happend for JC, had it not been for Gerry back in the 80's, we wouldn't have the amazing waterfront development we have today and not withstanding all the bizz that migrated from lower manhattan to DTJC.

So for all of you who may not have been around here back then, I don't exaggerate when I say He did JC right.

Posted on: 2010/2/24 15:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Charon wrote:
Quote:

SICULO wrote:

I was around and you ARE exaggerating. McConn is a legend in his own mind. NY money built downtown Jersey City. Not McConn, not Schundler. However, McConn has his loyal legion of lackeys who conveniently overlook his racism, substance abuse, bullying and felony conviction.

I hope that the voters of Jersey City turn out in April to vote this arrogant bully and felon off the Board of Education.

Theres no doubt that NY money built DTJC, thats not in questions, but you need to accept the fact that Gerry placed the wheels in motion for all of that to open up.

Say what you will, call him a bully and what not, but what successful mayor do you know that wasn't considered a bully? Prime ex:Giulianni, not liked by those who live off the hard working tax players, why? Cuz he told it like it was, well toooooooo bad, guess it depends on what side of the fence your standing on, nonetheless, your entitled to yr opinion, doesn't mean thats its right or fair.

Posted on: 2010/2/24 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Charon wrote:
Quote:

SICULO wrote:

I was around and you ARE exaggerating. McConn is a legend in his own mind. NY money built downtown Jersey City. Not McConn, not Schundler. However, McConn has his loyal legion of lackeys who conveniently overlook his racism, substance abuse, bullying and felony conviction.

I hope that the voters of Jersey City turn out in April to vote this arrogant bully and felon off the Board of Education.

I believe in recycling however, I'm looking forward to the day that a community stops trying to recycle crooked politicians with a past.

McCon is like a piece of chewed up gum stuck on Jersey City, that it just can't seen to pull off.

Posted on: 2010/2/24 2:27
I am a rock, I am an Island... and a rock feels no pain and an island never cries...Simon & Garfunkle

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/11 21:45
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Charon wrote:

Yup. Seems Fulop is the only one slamming these dope on a ropes and demanding changes. What's up with the other council people -- too afraid to swim in the opposite direction?

Posted on: 2010/2/23 23:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:11
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SICULO wrote:

Posted on: 2010/2/23 23:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/2/23 21:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Charon wrote:
McCann on Fulop: 'I'm totally going to sue him'

By Matt Friedman | February 3rd, 2010 - 2:48pm

McCann, who in 1992 had to resign during his second non-consecutive term as mayor after a federal bank fraud conviction, has remained active in Jersey City politics and currently serves on the city?s school board. He is a close ally and family friend of Sean Connors, a police detective and fellow school board member.

The city needs to be saving money, not hiring felons as part of a political deal for a Connors endorsement.?

The same school board that was behind the removal of the peg leg Pete statue?

Posted on: 2010/2/23 17:09

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Question - if current Councilwoman Nidia Lopez can run for JC City Council while residing in Florida, can residents from downtown Ward E run for JC Council in another ward? Seriously, we need to get new people into City Council in all wards.

Heights... are you up for running in your neck of the woods? Please consider it.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 16:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
It's weird that the same politicians keep re-surfacing. Why can't they just move to Florida after being voted or indicted out of office.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 16:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Right. You really expect there to be a lawsuit? Gerry McCann got attention for a day - that's what he was looking for. Nothing more, nothing less. It must suck to be so irrelevant, especially when it causes you to have to cut deals with the likes of Healy. Gotta be hard on the ego.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 15:56

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
What is the latest with this lawsuit?

Posted on: 2010/2/23 15:50

Re: McCann to sue Fulop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Connors can't be appointed mayor. If Healy gets carted off to jail or stumbles off a curb, the city would be led by ..... wait for it: Peter Brennan. I believe the City Council President (Brennan) steps into the spot if the mayor leaves office before his term expires.

Can anyone recollect who stepped in as mayor when McCann was removed from office? Was it the current council president at that time or an appointed person, the same goes for when Cunningham died?

Yes, Marylin Roman took over because she was council president. L Harvey Smith did the same when Cunningham died.

Posted on: 2010/2/4 13:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Connors can't be appointed mayor. If Healy gets carted off to jail or stumbles off a curb, the city would be led by ..... wait for it: Peter Brennan. I believe the City Council President (Brennan) steps into the spot if the mayor leaves office before his term expires.

Can anyone recollect who stepped in as mayor when McCann was removed from office? Was it the current council president at that time or an appointed person, the same goes for when Cunningham died?

Posted on: 2010/2/4 13:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/7 4:11
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jsqfunk wrote:
Do I have this right?

Why was the endorsement of Sean Connors worth so much that Healy got over the naked pictures thing that McCann allegedly was involved in?

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Money changes everything. A political machine this size runs by tying up all the loose ends. (paying them)

Posted on: 2010/2/4 11:50
I'm not perfect.....but I'm not all bad either.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/7 2:57
Group:
Registered Users
Do I have this right?

McCann got Sean Connors to endorse Healy, Healy gave McCann a patronage job at the Incinerator Authority, Fulop called out the appointment and thus McCann is going to sue Fulop.

Why was the endorsement of Sean Connors worth so much that Healy got over the naked pictures thing that McCann allegedly was involved in?

Posted on: 2010/2/4 3:34

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017