Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Downtown: Guy Stealing Packages and Mail.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Just saw a bust downtown by Hamilton Park. Black dude, about 40, busted on a bike carrying a large Target bag. Several cops had responded and they seemed to have busted this guy many times before. They actually asked him which pocket his razor was in as they were patting him down. He calmly responded "back right". Good job JCPD.

Posted on: 2012/4/25 20:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JackieCruise wrote:
Had a package of new size 11 black leather Dunham shoes stolen off my steps this week. I have found myself checking everyone's footwear all week. Going to be real interesting if I find the dirtbag. Area near 1st and Grove. Heard the Ups guy couldn't be bothered putting it in the open hallway. New Balance has been a real stand up company and is offering to take care of it. Wonder if I could put a bait box out there with a load of tirds in it??? You've all been officailly warned.

FROM MY EARLIER POST: About two years ago, there was an individual whose first name is Alex (Alexander) who was stealing packages in Journal Square which was where he lived until his father kicked him out of the home. I have seen him on several occasions in the Downtown section recently and alerted the police, but he got away. At the time, there was a warrant for his arrest.

Alex is not tall (5'4 - 5'6"), Filipino, and (please don't take this the wrong way) gay. I mention this only because he wears and flaunts his sexuality boldly. He has dark hair that he sometimes dyes blond. He usually wears a backpack and drapes a "man purse" over his shoulder.

Last Saturday while inside the Duane Reade on Grove, I observed Alex again, but this time looking around suspiciously. He saw me, and I alerted the manager of the store. Alex left quickly without making a purchase stealing anything.

Be on the lookout for this guy. His MO is stealing packages. I am not sure if his warrant is still current.

Posted on: 2012/2/4 19:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/7 4:11
Group:
Registered Users
Had a package of new size 11 black leather Dunham shoes stolen off my steps this week. I have found myself checking everyone's footwear all week. Going to be real interesting if I find the dirtbag. Area near 1st and Grove. Heard the Ups guy couldn't be bothered putting it in the open hallway. New Balance has been a real stand up company and is offering to take care of it. Wonder if I could put a bait box out there with a load of tirds in it??? You've all been officailly warned.

Posted on: 2012/2/4 19:02
I'm not perfect.....but I'm not all bad either.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I'd love to know how many packages are stolen each year in the downtown area. I still can't believe how often packages are left sitting on people's stoops in plain sight. It's like Christmas morning for thieves everyday.

Posted on: 2011/11/8 4:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

gordonh wrote:
I had a package stolen last week. Inside was 1,000 live meal worms. I would have liked to see his/her face. ;)

this? is awesome.

Posted on: 2011/11/7 22:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/30 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
I had a package stolen last week. Inside was 1,000 live meal worms. I would have liked to see his/her face. ;)

Posted on: 2011/11/7 22:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

shadrack wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Saw a Guy today who raised my "spidey senses" as he was walking on Pavonia Ave. Sure enough he did a smash and grab to a contractors van. I pursued him on foot to Columbus and Coles where the cops joined the chase. He ran when he saw the cops but they nabbed him in the projects west of Mercer. He had a stolen GPS which was soon returned to the contractor. Tonight the perp sits in jail. I was shocked at the JCPD response. There must have been 8 cars that responded. They were phenomenal and very grateful.

Good job. Keep this A$$hole off the street for a few days at least.

My sister had a UPS package stolen recently ... new shoes. It's best to get packages delivered to one's workplace. I got a feeling that it's going to be a busy season for these low-life A-holes.

I think he'll get a few months because I id'd him and he still had the stolen GPS on him. Cops think he's the same Guy who burglarized a bunch of cars on Monmouth.

Posted on: 2011/10/30 0:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Saw a Guy today who raised my "spidey senses" as he was walking on Pavonia Ave. Sure enough he did a smash and grab to a contractors van. I pursued him on foot to Columbus and Coles where the cops joined the chase. He ran when he saw the cops but they nabbed him in the projects west of Mercer. He had a stolen GPS which was soon returned to the contractor. Tonight the perp sits in jail. I was shocked at the JCPD response. There must have been 8 cars that responded. They were phenomenal and very grateful.

Good job. Keep this A$$hole off the street for a few days at least.

My sister had a UPS package stolen recently ... new shoes. It's best to get packages delivered to one's workplace. I got a feeling that it's going to be a busy season for these low-life A-holes.

Posted on: 2011/10/29 4:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2011/10/29 2:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/22 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
Awwwwwww that's a shame. I used to date nicky. he was soooo nice but now he be on the drugs. what a shame. what a shame. is he really a homeless?

Posted on: 2011/10/14 21:04

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/1/13 16:19
Group:
Registered Users
My gosh!!! It's a miracle.. Not only was he not out there.. there were no other scruffy lookin old men outside either. 4pm is about the time these guys are sh*tfaced haha..

Maybe i'll get lucky l8er. I am really PO'd that this dude is not only just a bad person to have around JC attitude wise.. he is stealing stuff..and is obviously right in ym neighborhood.

It bothers me cops can't do anything about stuff like this

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/10/4 19:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/1/13 16:19
Group:
Registered Users
I ran into this guy on Monmouth by the pencil factory condos. He was drinking a 24 ounce of malt liquor greeting the passing by walkers with drunk messages.

I almost fell off my skateboard passing him by coincidence, and somehow he strong armed me into a convo, and well.. I got stuck talking to this jerk, alcoholic, addict, loser, COMPULSIVE LIAR thief for quite a while (because I was scared he was going to go off on me if I just walked away). Yes he weeas wearing that stupid hat and looked Italian or something like that. Skinny but not frail by any means. He honestly looked like an alcoholic version of a dude from Sopranos..who was just super washed out and a total waste now.

During that time, he told me about allt he houses he owns around JC, NYC, how hes mad rich, he couldn't even keep his 10 different stories remotely straight. He repeatedly poked me hard as heck. I am a bigger dude then him..but definitely less muscular. HIs pokes hurt lol. All while shouting obscenities to passersby.

Anyway.. I finally broke away to go to pathmark when he told me, i'll be at Barge in you better meet me there after. "Sure thing man." This dude seemed like he was on an amphetamine trip with no clue what was going on. Ranting about 10 different things unrelated..nearly impossible to decode wtf he was talking about.

I've seen that idoit (no offense) with his stupid hat outside barge in repeatedly. Doubt he even remembers me. Dude is DEFINITELY big loser. Biggest i've met in JC. What a joke. I am going to snap a pic of him to post up here.. gonna go by there in a few mins and see if the jerk is outside.

Posted on: 2011/10/4 19:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/24 13:20
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah this is nicky.

He was selling drugs out of abbeys for a while until they banned him for doing so.

I see him almost every day hanging around in front of the Barge Inn. The cops have come and searched him a few times, but to no avail.

He tries to bum cigarettes off me a couple times a week.

Posted on: 2011/9/24 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nrl240 wrote:

....I went to the post office on several occasions because I know that mail service is an absolute disaster, but they said there was nothing they can do since it was scanned as delivered....

....A signature wasn't required so I am assuming they left it in front of my door...

We live in Jersey CITY not Maberry RFD -- why on earth would the Post Office think it is fine to leave packages on stoops. They should only leave a slip telling you to go get it!

Resized Image

Would it help to put a sign DO NOT LEAVE ANY PACKAGES ON THE STOOP?

Posted on: 2011/9/24 14:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/24 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
I live near Eighth St and Monmouth, and I had a package delivered by the USPS about a month ago. The tracking information on the post office's website said it was delivered while I was still at work. When I arrived home, there wasn't a package. I asked my neighbors, and no one had seen it or mistakenly received it. I went to the post office on several occasions because I know that mail service is an absolute disaster, but they said there was nothing they can do since it was scanned as delivered.
After seeing this topic on JC List, it is highly likely that this man stole my package after it was dropped off. A signature wasn't required so I am assuming they left it in front of my door.
Jersey City really needs to step up its law enforcement presence downtown. Obviously, they need it more in the Heights, but there are definitely a handful of people downtown that get away with a lot of crime because of the lack of surveillance.

Posted on: 2011/9/24 14:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
My wife saw this guy hanging out in Enos Jones Park tonight around 6:30pm. He was still wearing the same hoodie and hat. Keep an eye out especially if you are expecting any packages over the next few days.

Posted on: 2011/9/23 5:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

new2jc wrote:
If you are talking about the Nicky that I know, then I must say he is a rather nice guy who has been out of work for a while. He grew up downtown and knows most of the old timers here. Please ask the people whose porch he was on, it could well be that they do in fact let him charge his cell phone on their porch.

Assuming we're talking about the same person (a big assumption I know), no matter how nice he may be, it doesn't excuse his stealing packages and mail from peoples porches, and apparently stealing goods from stores as well.

Posted on: 2011/9/22 11:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Well, does he fit my description? Has he been to jail/prison? I ask because I had this same guy put away last year. When he was caught he had a bunch of stolen items and drug paraphernalia.

Posted on: 2011/9/22 1:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/30 19:47
Group:
Registered Users
If you are talking about the Nicky that I know, then I must say he is a rather nice guy who has been out of work for a while. He grew up downtown and knows most of the old timers here. Please ask the people whose porch he was on, it could well be that they do in fact let him charge his cell phone on their porch.

Posted on: 2011/9/22 1:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
What's the guy's name, anyway? I think I can remember how to look up New Jersey arrest records.

Posted on: 2011/9/22 1:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
He is/was a regular at the lamp post and white star.

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

ripple wrote:
Nicky?

You know this guy? I heard that he might be from the Italian Village area and that his parents are Greek. I also heard that he is a habitual thief/drug addict. I have witnessed his shenanigans and I will definitely have him put away again if I get the chance.

Posted on: 2011/9/22 0:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ripple wrote:
Nicky?

You know this guy? I heard that he might be from the Italian Village area and that his parents are Greek. I also heard that he is a habitual thief/drug addict. I have witnessed his shenanigans and I will definitely have him put away again if I get the chance.

Posted on: 2011/9/22 0:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
Nicky?

Posted on: 2011/9/22 0:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I saw the same guy back in the Hamilton Park area again today. I followed him awhile as he appeared to be casing cars along Erie and 9th St. He stopped on the porch of those condos at the end of 9th near Manila/Grove St and appeared to be rifling through their mailboxes. I called the cops and waited about 10-15 minutes for them as he hung around that same porch. I explained the situation to the officers and they drove off to question him. (I hung out at 9th and Erie the whole time). They let him go after a couple minutes. He claimed that, with the home-owners permission, he was charging his phone on their porch. The cops said they knew who he was and that they asked him "to go be homeless somewhere else". In any case, he is white, maybe 30-35, 5'11" and around 180-190lbs. He wears glasses and has a teardrop tattoo on the corners of both eyes. He was wearing a black shirt/hoodie and a black "newsboy's" cap like the one below. He is homeless and although tanned and slightly rough around the edges could definitely pass himself off as a legitimate delivery guy etc. If you are missing packages or netflix DVD's you can bet it was this guy.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/9/21 22:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/27 22:56
Group:
Registered Users
Call the cops. The customer of the Comcast account is clearly the guilty party. JCPD should be able to get that info.

Posted on: 2010/7/1 15:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/12 19:35
From PH
Group:
Registered Users
well, now it happened to me.

someone stole the rent check (in envelope) from my landlord who lives on manilla. made a new fake check with my acct #s and used it to pay a $300 comcast bill. NICE

i'm disputing the charges with my bank, but wondering how i can get this guy taken down. there is a name and address on the check which i'm assuming belongs to this thug.

any advice is appreciated.

Posted on: 2010/7/1 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
This perp could have a serious problem with the Feds since he was stealing mail.

apparently not.

The cops declined to pass the info on to the Postal Police. When they caught him he had items he had shoplifted from Target and Home Depot, a stolen credit-card and drug paraphernalia. What have you done to stop criminals in your neighborhood?

easy, Mister Defensive. just pointing out another wrinkle in the tapestry that is our justice system.

Okay. Call it in if you see this nuisance.

Posted on: 2010/6/28 0:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
This perp could have a serious problem with the Feds since he was stealing mail.

apparently not.

The cops declined to pass the info on to the Postal Police. When they caught him he had items he had shoplifted from Target and Home Depot, a stolen credit-card and drug paraphernalia. What have you done to stop criminals in your neighborhood?

easy, Mister Defensive. just pointing out another wrinkle in the tapestry that is our justice system.

Posted on: 2010/6/27 23:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

apparently not.

Posted on: 2010/6/27 22:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

apparently not.

Posted on: 2010/6/27 22:37

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017