Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Re: Anti-gay group plans protests in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
These people are a waste of your time. The real enemy of Gay rights is this guy.

http://www.nysenate.gov/senator/ruben-diaz

He is right here in your backyard and yet he sounds like one of those Deep South conservative Republicans. And his people Love him!

Posted on: 2009/10/31 4:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/12 1:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Just in case anyone missed all the fun with this group in Jersey City or Hoboken yesterday, or wants to do some more counter-protesting they'll be in Chatham early on Saturday morning.

You can find out where and when on their website if interested.

I wonder where these people stay when they go on these trips - I mean, what hotel would want these people staying there given the potential for more drama? They must keep a really low profile wherever they stay and eat, or go camping instead.

I was wondering as well, where they stayed. There was a black SUV with PA plates that dropped them off and picked them up. While in Hoboken, they just strolled up first street, crossed Washington Street, behind the barricades, took out the signs and started to picket. It was like they were going to the corner store. UGHHH. I may even be up for a drive to Chatam tomm morning if anyone wants to go.

Posted on: 2009/10/31 0:29

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/10/30 17:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
Quote:
I wonder where these people stay when they go on these trips

UNDER BRIDGES.

Posted on: 2009/10/30 12:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Just in case anyone missed all the fun with this group in Jersey City or Hoboken yesterday, or wants to do some more counter-protesting they'll be in Chatham early on Saturday morning.

You can find out where and when on their website if interested.

I wonder where these people stay when they go on these trips - I mean, what hotel would want these people staying there given the potential for more drama? They must keep a really low profile wherever they stay and eat, or go camping instead.

Posted on: 2009/10/30 4:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
I think that a sign saying GOD HATES JEWS AND HOMOSEXUALS might run afoul of the new federal hate crimes legislation:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/a ... iaY9Z-mYoVmDw1HgD9BKDFDO0

James Spader might argue that such signs are implicity calling for violence against protected groups and thus lose first amendment protection. I'm sure at least one of these stooges was carrying a sign that said "KILL HOMOSEXUALS." That might come close to conspiracy to commit a hate crime.

Were the NAZI signs saying KILL THE JEWS in 1936 hate crimes? Seems likely to me.

(But then probably Scalia, Alito, Roberts, and Thomas would be perfectly fine with hating Jews and gays. They must DESPISE this new legislatiion.)

Posted on: 2009/10/29 12:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I know it's hard to resist the bait, but ANY attention is what these morons want. The media should have ignored them, as the synagogue requested it's members to. A hater has no interest in shouting to an empty street with no cameras.

Posted on: 2009/10/28 21:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
What is in the water out there. Insane people.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009 ... at_rutgers_take_part.html

Posted on: 2009/10/28 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
5 people? 15 minutes?

O-ver-ra-ted.

Posted on: 2009/10/28 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/25 0:22
Group:
Banned
And now, the sun looks like it is coming out.

Posted on: 2009/10/28 20:06
As hard to handle as chopsticks.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Wacky Westboro church group protests near Dickinson High, then bolts
By Ron Zeitlinger/The Jersey Journal
October 28, 2009, 2:38PM

Five members of the infamous Westboro Baptist Church protested on Newark Avenue for about 15 minutes next to Dickinson High School in the rain this afternoon amid a heavy police presence.

Then a minivan pulled up, the hate-mongers jumped in and the minivan sped off.

The fireworks some people expected when students were let out of school never materialized because students were dismissed before the protesters arrived at about 2:40. There was one group of kids that turned around on Newark Avenue and began to follow the church group, but police directed them away.

The Westboro Baptist Church members, who hate just about everyone who isn't white and everyone who isn't heterosexual, carried signs that read "You will eat your babies" and "The Beast" referring to President Obama and "God Hates Jews" and "The Jews Killed Jesus".

The protesters were corraled behind a small barricade enclosure, singing songs as a steady rain fell with a dozen police officers monitoring the scene from across the street.

There were no bystanders in the area, but a few worker at a used car dealership looked on from a distance.

"I think they're a bunch of a--holes,"said the owner of the dealership. "Who gave them a permit to protest?"

It could not be determined why the church group, which has protested military funerals, went to the Jersey City school. An explanation on the group's Web site intimated a general dislike for our "filthy" state.

Last night the group was outnumbered by 30 to 8 when it demonstrated in front of the United Synagogue in Hoboken. It also protested in front of Hoboken City Hall yesterday afternoon.

Posted on: 2009/10/28 20:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Look outside: Heavy rain. Excellent! God hates the haters.

Posted on: 2009/10/28 15:33

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/7 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

whospeaksforyou wrote:
I was all geared up for the Dickinson protest today, but I think the school and school board made the right decision to let school out early (hopefully avoiding large-scale student confrontation.) And especially considering the lackluster showing by the WBC in Hoboken yesterday, it seems unnecessary to take valuable time to counter-protest these folks.

I spoke with one lesbian student from Dickinson who told me that at least one group will be protesting. I imagine not too many JCers realize how diverse and (relatively) tolerant our high schoolers are, so it would be almost nice if the high school's gay rights group got a little press.

Finally -- kudos to the JJ for their piece on yesterday's protests. The tone was just right and I like that they left the WBC out of the photo.

Agreed. Cool photo. God Hates Signs :)

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... s_protest_draws_coun.html

Posted on: 2009/10/28 13:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/16 2:47
Group:
Registered Users
I was all geared up for the Dickinson protest today, but I think the school and school board made the right decision to let school out early (hopefully avoiding large-scale student confrontation.) And especially considering the lackluster showing by the WBC in Hoboken yesterday, it seems unnecessary to take valuable time to counter-protest these folks.

I spoke with one lesbian student from Dickinson who told me that at least one group will be protesting. I imagine not too many JCers realize how diverse and (relatively) tolerant our high schoolers are, so it would be almost nice if the high school's gay rights group got a little press.

Finally -- kudos to the JJ for their piece on yesterday's protests. The tone was just right and I like that they left the WBC out of the photo.

Posted on: 2009/10/28 13:44

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/4 14:33
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I HOPE some kids at Dickinson WHOOP their ass.

Posted on: 2009/10/28 4:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/10/20 19:23
Group:
Banned
It was amusing to watch the protest. I wanted to throw some eggs (brought a few) but there were too many police. The Hoboken crowd was pretty fun and was a positive crowd. Mostly just heckling and throwing out jokes and singing. I imagine the crowd at Dickinson will be more hostile, but who knows.

Posted on: 2009/10/28 3:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Hi. I was in Hoboken today, both events. Washington St and Park Ave. Was really weird seeing these folks in person and the hate they preach. I drove out to west orange today, but parking or the lack there of prevented me from finding them. Tomorrow, Im going to try to get some footage at Dickinson HS. I just hope there is no riot, because these kinds don't play.

Posted on: 2009/10/28 1:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I was at two of them in Hoboken today, it was great. They got drowned out by a crowd quite a few times and even left 5 minutes early at one of their protests.

Plus there was only like 5 people from Westboro Baptist Church there protesting lol.

Posted on: 2009/10/28 1:12

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/28 17:54
Group:
Registered Users
So did anyone go to any of the protests?

Posted on: 2009/10/27 23:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/7 4:11
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

grovester wrote:
A few weeks ago, I was walking home from the PATH at night, and there was this guy on the corner of Columbus & Grove yelling at two guys holding hands... something about God and burn in hell...

I walked by not really realizing what he was saying or what was going on.

Then I got about half-way down the block and realized that he was shouting at them for being gay. Seriously, I have never even seen that kind of behavior (maybe in a movie? maybe?) that it didn't even occur to me, I just assumed they had had some kind of argument about something.

I turned around to go back and say something to the shouter, but when I got back there, he was gone. I hadn't really worked out yet what I was going to say to the lunatic, but I was really thrown off by the whole encounter. A. You're wrong & B. You're in the wrong city/part of the country.

Probably the same guy that screeched at me one day when I told him that I went to Grace Van Vorst Church....He went on a rant about how my church was ungodly because it "coddled the gay satanic element." He walks around Newark Avenue and pretends to drop something. When you are nice enough to point it out to him he launches into his religious dogma. Have seen him pull this trick on at least a couple of folks in the area. I'll prefer the Mormons over this guy any day.

Posted on: 2009/10/26 22:34
I'm not perfect.....but I'm not all bad either.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
This will be interesting, anybody going to their protests?

Posted on: 2009/10/26 22:05

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/4 16:26
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the vid, R Pinkowitz. That put it all in perspective. I don't get it -- why did these people pick Jersey City of all places to protest?

Posted on: 2009/10/25 18:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/8 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
A few weeks ago, I was walking home from the PATH at night, and there was this guy on the corner of Columbus & Grove yelling at two guys holding hands... something about God and burn in hell...

I walked by not really realizing what he was saying or what was going on.

Then I got about half-way down the block and realized that he was shouting at them for being gay. Seriously, I have never even seen that kind of behavior (maybe in a movie? maybe?) that it didn't even occur to me, I just assumed they had had some kind of argument about something.

I turned around to go back and say something to the shouter, but when I got back there, he was gone. I hadn't really worked out yet what I was going to say to the lunatic, but I was really thrown off by the whole encounter. A. You're wrong & B. You're in the wrong city/part of the country.

Posted on: 2009/10/25 15:33
Thank you for making The Great Jersey City SOUP SWAP an annual success! See you in January 2013 for the next Soup Swap!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Want to quickly mention, just because I saw Catholics mentioned- They do not hate gays. They don't approve, but they most certainly do not hate individuals. Whether or not their disapproval is fair, it is NOT fair to characterize them as a lesser degree of these tools. That being said...Does anyone want to start a Slayer cover band? No rehearsals, one night only. With the amps that go to 11 and a drummer that breaks sticks.

Posted on: 2009/10/24 23:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
pooper wrote: For anyone who wants to learn more about these people. The BBC's excellent Louis Theroux stayed with them for a few weeks and gives a somewhat sympathetic but fair documentary about them. Link at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7735501683185935638
Thanks for this link. We watched the segment last night. Bunch of twisted psychos that will self destruct.

Posted on: 2009/10/24 19:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
Looking at that video makes it obvious that the woman is insane and just looking for a lot of attention. They are a family of nuts, not a religion. The best thing anyone can do when they come out to protest is to ignore them. And if they come within 2 miles of any soldier's funeral again they should be thrown in jail........ Hey! Maybe they might run into some of the type of sex they like to carry pictures of.

Posted on: 2009/10/24 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
ahahah, "these people hate god and worship the rectum"!!! genius

Posted on: 2009/10/23 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 16:14
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
For anyone who wants to learn more about these people. The BBC's excellent Louis Theroux stayed with them for a few weeks and gives a somewhat sympathetic but fair documentary about them. Link at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7735501683185935638

Posted on: 2009/10/23 16:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ihatethiscity wrote:
Has anyone read the article that annouced these bozo's were coming to Hudson County? It doesn't say anything about them coming here to protest the gay community. THEY ARE COMING HERE THIS TIME TO EXPRESS THEIR HATRED FOR JEWS. Why don't we get off the talk about what the gay community should do and show some support for the Jewish Community. The heading of this subject is very misleading.

Does it really matter? This group hates EVERYBODY. Gays, Jews, Blacks, New Jersey, Klingons...you name 'em, they hate 'em. Thankfully, this group is so lunatic and their message so unfocused and nonsensical that they will never expand beyond a fringe group consisting of a handful of family members, most likely inbred, too.

Posted on: 2009/10/23 12:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/26 3:14
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone read the article that annouced these bozo's were coming to Hudson County? It doesn't say anything about them coming here to protest the gay community. THEY ARE COMING HERE THIS TIME TO EXPRESS THEIR HATRED FOR JEWS. Why don't we get off the talk about what the gay community should do and show some support for the Jewish Community. The heading of this subject is very misleading.

Posted on: 2009/10/23 11:23

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017