Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: TRANSFORMATION OF VACANT FIRST STREET PARK TO BEGIN
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/6 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Well, that's certainly more than you can say for Hamilton Park.

Posted on: 2009/10/12 4:02

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/23 16:00
Group:
Registered Users
Walked by the park today and the gate was open to the park.

Posted on: 2009/10/12 3:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 16:14
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Can they just move that fence over to Wayne St?

Posted on: 2009/10/11 20:41

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/23 16:00
Group:
Registered Users
awesome. I will be there Tuesday to crit the designs. Earlier this year we walked by this park and wondered was up with it. Why did they close it in the first place?

Posted on: 2009/10/11 20:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jaah37 wrote:
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
Quote:

Walk_Idiot_Walk wrote:
I wish you all luck. But until Indio's Place is closed down that block will still be a mess. A beautiful Park with a bunch of cretins lurking across the street. Ugh.

Agreed. Just the other day, in broad daylight no less, two filthy scumbags were pissing on the side of the building adjacent to the park. No, not the vacant building, the one in which people actually live and make their home. When I called them out on it, he said the bathrooms were locked??

This park is going to look amazing, and add to the value of the neighboorhood..... for about a week or two. Then the savages from Indio's will destroy it. They will use it for their own personal toilet, and probably move their drug deals and prostitute appointments from the cars in front of the bar to the new park.

If this occurs then it is up to the residents who live near the park to help keep a watchful eye and call the police to deter these situations. I realize patrons of Indios are, at times, problems. I live around the corner from the Barge and have seen and heard many bad incidents. The residents have to be vigilant and report any problems, they have to be driven to make the area better and let evryone know that the area is being watched by neighbors who care!

I'm sure the residents of the area, myself included, would be more likely to call the police if they actually gave a shit. With all the time they spend 50 feet away at Carmine's, you would think they would at least give the appearance that they cared about quality of life issues like jerkoffs pissing on the sidewalk. Of course, they don't.

This is where the the people start to post about how the police have more important things to worry about, like drugs and crime. To that I say I agree, provided they actually start to make a dent in the drugs and crime. There's no reason for them to be terrible at both!

Posted on: 2009/10/11 19:16

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/14 4:37
Group:
Registered Users
Having reviewed the proposals, the design firms have done an AMAZING job at addressing the concerns related to the park's location. They've taken into account the park's checkered past, and steps are being taken to prevent history from repeating itself. The success of the park will be directly related to the form and functionality of its design. Stop by Tuesday to our monthly meeting to review the designs and provide feedback. This is your opportunity to be a part of the future of the park. Hope to see everyone there.

www.jcvillage.org

Posted on: 2009/10/11 16:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
Quote:

Walk_Idiot_Walk wrote:
I wish you all luck. But until Indio's Place is closed down that block will still be a mess. A beautiful Park with a bunch of cretins lurking across the street. Ugh.

Agreed. Just the other day, in broad daylight no less, two filthy scumbags were pissing on the side of the building adjacent to the park. No, not the vacant building, the one in which people actually live and make their home. When I called them out on it, he said the bathrooms were locked??

This park is going to look amazing, and add to the value of the neighboorhood..... for about a week or two. Then the savages from Indio's will destroy it. They will use it for their own personal toilet, and probably move their drug deals and prostitute appointments from the cars in front of the bar to the new park.

If this occurs then it is up to the residents who live near the park to help keep a watchful eye and call the police to deter these situations. I realize patrons of Indios are, at times, problems. I live around the corner from the Barge and have seen and heard many bad incidents. The residents have to be vigilant and report any problems, they have to be driven to make the area better and let evryone know that the area is being watched by neighbors who care!

Posted on: 2009/10/11 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Walk_Idiot_Walk wrote:

Posted on: 2009/10/11 14:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/17 12:03
Group:
Registered Users
thanks jaah37 for seeing the positive in this restorative project! - yes, the four design proposals will be available for online viewing after the oct. 13 meeting - we might even post them here - otherwise visit www.jcvillage.org, the website of the village neighborhood association (vna) - getting back to your question about the adjacent abandoned house: that will be demolished in the next few weeks and a new home is going up in conjunction with the new park - thanks again

Posted on: 2009/10/11 13:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

historyrules wrote:
One of our goals is that the restoration of the park (closed 25 years now) will greatly improve the neighborhood and become a singular oasis we can all be proud of - this post is meant to be a reflection of that positivity - thanks

Very well put history, I think this is a great idea! That park and the house to the left of it desperately need some fixing up. Unfortunately, due to work, I can't make the meeting... will the potential park plans be posted online to check out? Thanks.

Posted on: 2009/10/11 13:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
One of our goals is that the restoration of the park (closed 25 years now) will greatly improve the neighborhood and become a singular oasis we can all be proud of - this post is meant to be a reflection of that positivity - thanks

Posted on: 2009/10/11 3:33

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/10/11 3:26

TRANSFORMATION OF VACANT FIRST STREET PARK TO BEGIN
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
4-FIRST: A LANDSCAPE DESIGN COMPETITION FOR FIRST STREET PARK, THE ITALIAN VILLAGE, DOWNTOWN JERSEY CITY The Village Neighborhood Association (VNA), in collaboration with Gotham West Development, the City of Jersey City, the Jersey City Parks Coalition and JC Landmarks, invites you to attend 4-FIRST, a public presentation showcasing the visionary works of four landscape architecture firms aimed at transforming the long-abandoned and deteriorated First Street Park in the Italian Village section of Downtown Jersey City. Invited design firms from across the New York metro area - including SiteWorks, Green Room Landscape Design, Garber Robertson Office (GRO), and Future Green Studio - will present their design concepts for neighborhood consideration and feedback. The presentation will be introduced by VNA's First Street Park Restoration Committee, and a brief history of the site - from its civic advocacy origins in the 1940s to its Mayor Paul Jordan-led ?Legacy of Parks? construction in the 1970s - will be given by John Gomez of JC Landmarks. Tuesday, October 13, 2009 Time: 7:30 pm Location: PS #5 (See map below or go to www.jcvillage.org) AGENDA 7:30 ? 7:40 Introductions Rob Crow President, The Village Neighborhood Association 7:40 ? 7:45 The History of the First Street Park John Gomez Founder, JC Landmarks; M.S. Historic Preservation, Columbia University 7:45 ? 7:50 The Current Status of the Park Rob Crow, Michele La Monica-Egar The First Street Park Restoration Committee 7:50 ? 8:00 SiteWorks LLC Annette Wilkus, RLA, LEED AP Martin Leibrock www.siteworkscm.com 8:00 ? 8:10 Green Room Landscape Design LLC Adam Hoppe, BSLA Keith Buzzelli www.designgreenroom.com 8:10 ? 8:20 Garber Robertson Office Richard Garber Nicole Robertson, RA, AIA www.groarc.com 8:20 ? 8:30 Future Green Studio David Seiter www.futuregreenstudio.com 8:30 ? 8:50 Open Discussion | Design Review | Coffee | Raffle The VNA will also raffle off a $25 gift certificate on behalf of the Lighthorse Tavern. The only requirement is to be in attendance!! Baked Goods donated by Cocoa Bakery & Bistro! Coffee donated by Starbucks! General Meeting Information: The Village Neighborhood Association holds their monthly meeting on the second Tuesday of the month in the Auditorium of the Dr. Michael Conti Public School (PS #5). Meetings begin at 7:30pm and are open to the public. Please use the school?s main entrance located on Merseles Street. THE OFFICIAL 4-FIRST FLYER: www.jcvillage.org

Posted on: 2009/10/11 3:24

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017