Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: “War of the Worlds” towers in JC????
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
I guess New Jersey figures that there is NOTHING that doesn't need surveillance.
Medical Care for all...not so important, PEACE on Earth...Communist plot.

WHy not srvey/surveille the U.S. biological warfare plant at Fort Detricl instead of the the Charlotte Circle. Or else why not fix the WATER pipes under the circle so they don't break monthly!

Why should ANYONE be happy when a town as corrupt as Jersey City SURVEILLES! Is anyonone should be surveilled it's the crooks running this joint.
Spycam in City Hall and the Courthouse would reveal more criminality than one in the Charlotte Circle.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 18:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Pretty sure they are new state traffic camera?s. I see they just put them up along rt 287 down by Edison. The NJ DOT web site is pretty sharp. You click on a camera (red dot) and you see live images.

Interesting you can even request a log from a camera. They keep them for seven days. Comes in handy if needed for an accident investigation.

This is the web site.

http://www.state.nj.us/transportation/traffic/cameras/

PS - if you click on 440 and don't see JC...if you didn't know there is a rt 440 down by edison and also in JC. Can't wait to see JC's!!

Posted on: 2009/10/8 16:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
There?s Also one on 1/9 in North Bergen across from the Holiday Inn.. A Very giant pole and on top there?s something resembling a drop cam, Or it can be a lamp, still haven?t been able to figure out what exactly it is..

Posted on: 2009/10/8 16:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Mystery solved!!

The elves were hard at work last night. This morning I saw they placed two cameras on top of the massive pole/tower on Communipaw and 440. The cameras do resemble the Cyclops eye on the Martian war machines steel shaft. But we all know that Martian war machines only have one eye per shaft. So all of the good citizens of JC are safe from the Martians. It?s just the politicians we need to watch out for.

Smile BIG brother is watching. (at least along 440)

Side note: did anyone go down to the new War of the Worlds set at the end of Bayonne when they were filming it? I can?t get over how they built that gas station just for the movie and then ripped it down a few weeks later. Nice Hollywood magic in our own backyard. I tried to get a piece of it but was yelled at by security. Bummer!!

Cheers!!

Posted on: 2009/10/8 16:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/25 2:12
Group:
Banned
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 0:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I don?t care if city/county/state property is being used for government surveillance camera?s that?s at least for the good of the city/county/state. (yes someone along the line is probably getting their palm greased i.e - family friend is the contractor, etc ) Fighting crime or moving traffic along is always a good thing. I would ?kick? in a few extra bucks to see more cameras. (no pun intended) Especially if I owned a Ferrari and a 100K watch.

It kills me to think that city/county/state property might be used for nasty billboards or wireless receptors. I don?t want to see them messing up my beautiful Jersey City skyline. (again no pun intended) Hey but if they are those new fangled changing billboards ..I might be able to live with them...they are cool!

I saw 4 poles? you figure the current kickback rate is around $5K . That?s 4 times $5K ?$20K not bad to just sign a permit.

I was also thinking maybe the poles are for that County wide early warning system. But I thought that was already in place.

Posted on: 2009/10/7 19:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/24 18:54
Group:
Registered Users
<<>> are you saying that if they were FOR surveillance cameras that no one would be getting a kickback? really?

Posted on: 2009/10/7 17:57

“War of the Worlds” towers in JC????
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know the purpose of the huge metal poles going up at the entrances to JC? If you ride along 440 they are at: the Bayonne city line, Communipaw Ave. , and the Charlotte Circle. (I think there is also one across from the Wilson Carpet man)

I am hoping they are for surveillance cameras (traffic) and not for cheesy billboards or wireless receptors. If they are not for surveillance cameras I wonder who is getting the kickback?

My son swears they are some sort of ?War of the Worlds? towers popping up out of the chromium contaminated soil of JC. You never see anyone working on them but the next day you will see more and more brackets and connectors on them?hmmmm

Posted on: 2009/10/7 16:12

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017