Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
65 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 65

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: $70,000 Mixed income housing wins award for quality: 1600-square-foot, three-bedroom brick townhouse
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/8 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
I remember the houses you are talking about Xerxes. They are on a side street near the Hub. I am not sure, but I think they were rowhouses that were gutted and rebuilt (an apparently not very well). They looked so nice from the outside.

I am pretty sure this housing is the new construction right on MLK. Lets hope they've done a better job with the plumbing. : (

Posted on: 2009/10/1 3:15

Re: $70,000 Mixed income housing wins award for quality: 1600-square-foot, three-bedroom brick townhouse
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
Perhaps they were STARTED in 1941?
Perhaps the first residents moved in in1951?
Perhaps the lawsuits were filed in the 1960's becasue of unfinished work.
Perhaps 30 years of delays caused 15 suicides and 30 murders.
Perhaps a meteor struck in 2002 killing everyone on site.

And then perhaps in 2008 they were declared, BY THE DEVELOPER, a HUGE sucess and thus could NEVER have been mentioned previous to this date of consummate completion.

It is possible I am thinking of the catastrophic project next door to this "fabulosity" that got all the bad press and lawsuits while it was being built shoddily with tax money and extortionate sales practices while residents sued for raw sewage in their basements.

Maybe they changed the name?

Posted on: 2009/9/30 20:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/29 4:12
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Xerxes wrote:
Aren't these the homes that spent 5 years in the local papers with story after story about sewage coming up into basemements, subsiding foundations, shoddy and unfinished construction, and lawsuits by people against the builders seeking to get their money back and on and on and on.
Or was that ANOTHER mixed income develeopment on MLK drive near that godforsaken "shopping mall" that couldn't keep even a single grocery store even after being subsidized.

If they were only completed in October 2008, how could they have spent 5 years in the local papers?

Posted on: 2009/9/29 14:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
Aren't these the homes that spent 5 years in the local papers with story after story about sewage coming up into basemements, subsiding foundations, shoddy and unfinished construction, and lawsuits by people against the builders seeking to get their money back and on and on and on.
Or was that ANOTHER mixed income develeopment on MLK drive near that godforsaken "shopping mall" that couldn't keep even a single grocery store even after being subsidized.

Posted on: 2009/9/29 11:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

"I think these people are very happy to be in a decent well-constructed affordable home and they're just waiting for the neighborhood to turn around," said Ward F Councilwoman Viola Richardson.

Hey Richardson! Ward F is more then MLK if no one told you that. Why don't you show up to some council meetings and do something for your ward in an area besides MLK.

Posted on: 2009/9/28 18:34

$70,000 Mixed income housing wins award for quality: 1600-square-foot, three-bedroom brick townhouse
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Mixed income housing wins award for quality

Monday, September 28, 2009
By AMY SARA CLARK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Harriet Tubman Homes, an eight-townhouse mixed-income development in Jersey City won the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency's Choice Award Tuesday for its quality and affordability.
Advertisement

Located on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive at Myrtle Avenue, the homes were completed in October 2008. Before the homes were built the block was a vacant lot.

The homes show that mixed-income housing doesn't have to be built cheaply, but rather, can be built with high quality materials and in an energy efficient way, said Robert Antonicello executive director of the Jersey City Redevelopment Agency, which oversaw development of the homes.

The 1,600-square-foot, three-bedroom brick townhouses sold for between $70,000 to $259,900, depending on the income of the buyers, Antonicello said.

The houses are supplied with energy-efficient appliances, 10-inch thick, 100 percent brick exterior walls with 2 feet of high-grade insulation lining them and state-of-the-art hot water heaters, greatly reducing the homeowner's energy bills, Antonicello said. "I think these people are very happy to be in a decent well-constructed affordable home and they're just waiting for the neighborhood to turn around," said Ward F Councilwoman Viola Richardson.

Posted on: 2009/9/28 15:30

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017