Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Celebrity Softball game in Lincoln Park
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
I think they changed the location to the fields by the lake near the track. Either way you have to pass the track to get to Lincoln Pk west.

Posted on: 2009/9/11 13:24

Re: Celebrity Softball game in Lincoln Park
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/10 23:12
From Henderson Yards
Group:
Registered Users
AT LINCOLN PARK
Softball tournament to honor fallen police officers
Friday, September 11, 2009
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER
The eighth Annual Police Officer Domenick J. Infantes Jr./Fallen Officers Memorial Softball Tournament will be played tomorrow in Jersey City's Lincoln Park.

"We are hoping family members and other residents will come out not only to enjoy some softball, but to have something to eat, listen to music and pay tribute to our officers who died in the line of duty," said Jersey City POBA President Jerry DeCicco yesterday.

Advertisement

The tournament will begin at 8 a.m. and is comprised of 20 teams made up of law enforcement, firefighting and emergency medical services personnel, DeCicco said.

There will be a break in the play at noon for a ceremony, featuring bagpipers, to honor the 32 Jersey City police officers who have died in the line of duty. A concert featuring four local bands will follow the ceremony.

At 6 p.m., there will be a celebrity softball exhibition game dedicated to Detective Marc DiNardo, courtesy of the Hudson Film Group. The exhibition will feature various actors and actresses from TV, radio and movies, according to Infantes' brother, Jersey City Police Officer Erik Infantes.

Domenick Infantes died on July 6, 2001, two days after being struck on the back of the head with a metal pipe. Though off-duty, witnesses said he had identified himself as a police officer and was attempting to break up a fight when he was struck.

On July 16, DiNardo was shot by an armed robbery suspect as he and other officers went door-to-door in a Reed Street building looking for the man and his accomplice. DiNardo died just days later. A total of five officers were shot in the incident and both suspects were killed by police.

Tomorrow's tournament is being organized by the Jersey City Police Officers Benevolent Association and will benefit the POBA scholarship fund

Posted on: 2009/9/11 13:13

Celebrity Softball game in Lincoln Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Matt Pinfield just announced on 101.9 that there will be a celebrity softball fundraiser game in Lincoln Park to raise money for the family of Marc Dinardo, tomorrow night at 6pm in Baseball Field West. (I was listening in the car so I apologize if this isn't 100% accurate)

I did a quick search for information online and did not find anything. If anyone has more information, please post here.

Posted on: 2009/9/11 13:08

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017