Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: PSE&G Supply Energy Question
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
FYI for anyone looking to lock in a rate before kicking on your A/C this summer.

https://www.njenergyratings.com/ has a rate of $0.0123 kWh fixed for 3 months, which is a bit below what PSE&G is charging.

I haven't found a better rate yet.

If you have a commercial / house meter, take a look at your current rate. Commercial meters aren't as regulated and are subject to variable rate increases faster than residential meters.

For my house meter, the PSE&G rate is now 120% above my fixed rate (which expires soon).

Post here if you can find a natural gas rate under $0.50 per therm. I am seeing fixed rates well over $1 per therm. We are going back to the gas shortage prices back in the earl 00s!

Posted on: 2022/5/13 15:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
My contract expires this month. Best locked rate I can find is Frontier Energy at $0.1179 per kWh for 12 months. Anyone see a better rate offered out there?

Posted on: 2021/2/4 21:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
My rate lock just expired. Anyone know of a supplier who is offering a fixed rate under $0.11 per kWh for 6 months or longer?

Posted on: 2020/9/16 13:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Loll, thanks for the "pitch" Brewster! I have several in my basement and the recurring letter is only about one of them. I will keep your advice...

Posted on: 2019/3/4 10:27

Re: Gas meters replacement
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
They keep harassing me about changing them, but when I tell them they must do them all at once, not one at time wasting my time, they shit the bed and tell me they can't, for reasons they can't tell me. So I tell them to fuck off till they can. This has been going on for years.

Posted on: 2019/3/4 1:24

Gas meters replacement
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Hello everyone, I got a letter from PSEG about replacing my (old) gas meters. Mine are >10 years old. Can anyone comment about the experience and what was the result on their gas bill? - especially the old timers here. Not sure how these meters are accurately regulated..

Posted on: 2019/3/3 23:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:

Who did you see this rate with and how long was the term? I need to re-lock my rate as well.

These are the best rates I have found so far:

Stream - $11.08 Fixed 12 month
Just Energy - $11.56 Fixed 36 months
AEP - $11.76 - Fixed 18 months
M Power Energy - $0.109 Fixed 3 months

PSE&G is billing me about $0.134 per kWh. My previous rate lock was just over $0.10 per kWh.

Posted on: 2019/2/24 14:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MDM wrote:
My latest rate lock expired. Anyone here know of offers rate locks for 2+ years under $0.11 per kWh? Best I can find is just under $0.12 per kWh

Quote:

MDM wrote:
My electric rate lock is expiring soon. I locked in at $0.0925per kWh which saved me some significant $$$ over the past few years.

Lowest rate (3 year lock) I have found so far is about $0.1089 per kWh.

Anyone know of a supplier with a lower rate?

Who did you see this rate with and how long was the term? I need to re-lock my rate as well.

Posted on: 2019/2/23 5:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MDM wrote in 2015:
Estimated billing will be going away over the next 2 years. PSE&G is upgrading to wireless electric and gas meters. They are eliminating the human meter readers.

LOL. File that prediction under "not so much".

Posted on: 2019/2/22 23:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
My latest rate lock expired. Anyone here know of offers rate locks for 2+ years under $0.11 per kWh? Best I can find is just under $0.12 per kWh

Quote:

MDM wrote:
My electric rate lock is expiring soon. I locked in at $0.0925per kWh which saved me some significant $$$ over the past few years.

Posted on: 2019/2/22 20:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sam112 wrote:
Before switching, be sure to read the post on "Beware - Direct Energy Marketers - latest scam".
You'll see from that link, at least one company you do NOT want to switch to, regardless of the promises.

The people who get screwed when switching are the ones who go on variable rate plans, which often buy energy on the spot market.

The spot market during extreme weather events can get incredibly expensive.

Posted on: 2015/11/16 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/2 2:11
Group:
Registered Users
Before switching, be sure to read the post on "Beware - Direct Energy Marketers - latest scam".
You'll see from that link, at least one company you do NOT want to switch to, regardless of the promises.

Posted on: 2015/11/16 16:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/15 16:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Wow! 6 months IN A ROW!? When you finally got an ACTUAL reading bill, did it work out that the ESTIMATED bills were more or less correct?

Sometimes I owed a few hundred extra $$. Other times I got a few hundred $$ in credits. It goes either way.

As for the meter readings. PSE&G (worked there for a few years a while back) has had bad luck with wireless systems before. In particular, those switches that cycle your A/C compressor on and off during periods of high loads. To allow the utility to do that, you got a discount on your electricity.

PSE&G touted for years the success of the program.. until one day they found out the cycle switches in fact never worked. If I remember correctly, it was a software issue. Once fixed, people were calling up demanding the system be removed as their homes were not cooling off during a particularly bad heat wave.

My guess is their real motivation is to get rid of some of their unionize workforce, which a good portion of the metering departments are unionized. PSE&G likes to hire contract workers, which can be gotten rid of quickly if they are no longer needed.

Posted on: 2015/5/19 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Not quite on topic, but I do have a question about PSE&G billing. Has anyone had TWO CONSECUTIVE months of ESTIMATED bills??

I have had up to 6 month's worth. Estimated billing will be going away over the next 2 years. PSE&G is upgrading to wireless electric and gas meters. They are eliminating the human meter readers.

Wow! 6 months IN A ROW!? When you finally got an ACTUAL reading bill, did it work out that the ESTIMATED bills were more or less correct? As with JadedJC, I feel it makes very little sense in my case, as there is always someone available to let in the meter readers, so I am confused as to the estimated bills happening two months in a row. Back when I lived in Texas, they had a pretty neat system that did electronic reading as well as wireless. So, they "knew" your reading back at the company, but they also had a truck drive slowly through the neighborhood picking up all the readings from the meters of each house. Never had an issue, and this was over 10 years ago. I am surprised we don't have that system in place around here.

Posted on: 2015/5/19 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Not quite on topic, but I do have a question about PSE&G billing. Has anyone had TWO CONSECUTIVE months of ESTIMATED bills??

I have had up to 6 month's worth. Estimated billing will be going away over the next 2 years. PSE&G is upgrading to wireless electric and gas meters. They are eliminating the human meter readers.

Posted on: 2015/5/19 14:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Not quite on topic, but I do have a question about PSE&G billing. Has anyone had TWO CONSECUTIVE months of ESTIMATED bills?? I am at a loss as to why I have received estimated bills for March and April. Prior to this, in almost 9 years as a PSE&G customer, I don't think I had ever gotten an estimated bill before. Certainly, I have never received two in a row. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

My March bill was estimated, which was odd because I live in a doorman building. Someone is always here to grant the meter reader access. Before, when my condo was in a historic row house, we would often get three or four months in a row of estimated bills because no one was around to unlock the meter closet when PSE&G came by.

Posted on: 2015/5/19 13:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Not quite on topic, but I do have a question about PSE&G billing. Has anyone had TWO CONSECUTIVE months of ESTIMATED bills?? I am at a loss as to why I have received estimated bills for March and April. Prior to this, in almost 9 years as a PSE&G customer, I don't think I had ever gotten an estimated bill before. Certainly, I have never received two in a row. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Posted on: 2015/5/19 13:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

sepecat wrote:
Had a knock this evening from a lady wearing a blue polo working for SFE Energy asking to look at my bill to see if I qualify for a lower rate. I refused to show my bill and let her out. Anyone else have sales rep from this company knocking?

So it's that time of year again. Anyone else who runs into this, be sure to post the names of these scammy third party energy resellers here so others know to send them on their way. I'll see if they're even legitimately registered to do business in New Jersey (unfortunately SFE Energy is - but they haven't paid their annual $50 fee for 2015 as of yet that is required of all corporations doing business in the state).

Agree with Caj11. Just don't.

Posted on: 2015/5/19 1:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sepecat wrote:
Had a knock this evening from a lady wearing a blue polo working for SFE Energy asking to look at my bill to see if I qualify for a lower rate. I refused to show my bill and let her out. Anyone else have sales rep from this company knocking?

So it's that time of year again. Anyone else who runs into this, be sure to post the names of these scammy third party energy resellers here so others know to send them on their way. I'll see if they're even legitimately registered to do business in New Jersey (unfortunately SFE Energy is - but they haven't paid their annual $50 fee for 2015 as of yet that is required of all corporations doing business in the state).

Posted on: 2015/5/19 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/5/19 0:14

Re: Gas and Electric Scam
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

wrensdad wrote:
We live by Hamilton park and two young guys in matching coats knocked on our door today. They said they were from PSEG and wanted to see our bill to explain a notice on it. Smelling a scam I sent them off on their way.

A little research and I believe I have their scam. They are trying to switch you to a different gas/electric provider. Not sure if they go into a hard sell line, try to trick you into signing documents that actually transfer your provider, or just steal your account number and switch it without your consent. Don't care.

Here's a link with more details outlining the nature of the scam. The specifics are for NY, but the SCAM could apply in NJ too.

http://www.desmogblog.com/2012/12/27/ ... -sleazy-scams-sell-energy

Call the police becaue they are not from PSE&G then trying to sell off a competitor's product.

Posted on: 2014/3/17 14:37
Get on your bikes and ride !

Gas and Electric Scam
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/22 17:13
Group:
Registered Users
We live by Hamilton park and two young guys in matching coats knocked on our door today. They said they were from PSEG and wanted to see our bill to explain a notice on it. Smelling a scam I sent them off on their way.

A little research and I believe I have their scam. They are trying to switch you to a different gas/electric provider. Not sure if they go into a hard sell line, try to trick you into signing documents that actually transfer your provider, or just steal your account number and switch it without your consent. Don't care.

Here's a link with more details outlining the nature of the scam. The specifics are for NY, but the SCAM could apply in NJ too.

http://www.desmogblog.com/2012/12/27/ ... -sleazy-scams-sell-energy

Posted on: 2014/3/15 20:41

"10% error on your PSE&G bill"

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/12 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
I was just visited by a guy calling himself Lyndon Walker from Hiko Energy. He said PSE&G has made a billing error and has been billing me a supply import charge of 10% for the BGS/BGSS suppliers which comes all the way from Texas (or something to that effect) and he's here to correct the error by switching me to Hiko Energy which is a local NJ company and does not have the 10% charge.

He claimed the discount will take effect by 60 days, and I will get an official confirmation within 4-5 days, if I could just complete a TPV call with him right there on the spot. He then proceeded to spent 10 minutes explaining to me what I'm going to be asked during the call and exactly how I should answer. At this point things started to feel very suspicious, so I told him to come back on Monday.

He claimed to have already done this for my neighbors and showed me a filled out form from some guy Luke (don't know a neighbor with that name.)

Has anyone else been greeted with a similar story? The guy was able to write down my PSE&G account numbers and name/phone number before he left, should I be worried?

Posted on: 2013/7/27 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
So, I got this call from Commerce Energy, and the guy says something like this: I'm calling from Commerce Energy, and we supply energy to PSE&G who then supplies it to you. Since there are so many other energy companies now competing for our business, we'd like to offer you a yearly rebate to stay with PSE&G. Now can you give me this and that info from your PSE&G bill?

Is this a hoax? It doesn't sound right to me...

Posted on: 2013/5/5 12:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Just wait until Congress oks natural gas exports - this will shoot the price up to about 10$ btu although I pray to God it

Congress won't have to approve anything. There are two GTL plants (gas to liquids) on the drawing board to be built in Louisiana. They will turn natural gas into diesel fuel, jet fuel, and lubricants. Shell's plant in Qatar went fully operational last year.

In addition, Methanex is shipping an entire methanol factory from Chile to the USA to take advantage of the cheap gas. A number of other chemical manufacturers are also expanding manufacturing in the USA. Consumption of natural gas will be going way up in the next few years.

The price per million Btu for gas needs to be over $4 for gas exploration companies to make money. When it goes over $5, they will drill more.

As long as the government doesn't get in the way, gas supplies will increase with demand. There are a lot more formations that have hydrocarbons that are only beginning to be tapped (Utica Shale, Mississippi Lime). We even have an a gas bearing formation in NJ (though I doubt it will ever be commercially drilled).

So you may see $5 to $8 natural gas in a few years. However, I doubt we will have prices similar to what Japan and Europe pays (up to the $15 range).

Posted on: 2013/2/3 20:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Does anyone have any experience using thin-film solar photovoltaic panels ? I am thinking of converting to all electric and want to experiment with renewables DIY style.

Here is a thread that covered solar:

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... _id=291097&keywords=solar

Scroll down to post #26 for a cost estimate for solar

If you want to cut energy costs, look towards your building envelope first (insulation, air-sealing). You can cut your heating and A/C load on the order of 50% by insulating a poorly insulated or non-insulated home. Typical payback is 5 years.

You can also generate your own power via a small combined heat and power unit. However, this only pays for itself with medium to large apartment buildings. Even then, it takes typically 7 years for small systems to payback and 3 to 4 for larger systems.

Posted on: 2013/2/3 20:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/4 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
Gas prices have risen from their lows in early January to about $3.30 btu or so up from below 2$. This is due to overproduction on the part of drillers without corresponding demand.

Just wait until Congress oks natural gas exports - this will shoot the price up to about 10$ btu although I pray to God it won't happen for energy consumers and communities living near fracking.

Does anyone have any experience using thin-film solar photovoltaic panels ? I am thinking of converting to all electric and want to experiment with renewables DIY style.

Posted on: 2013/2/3 17:05

Energy Supplier

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/1 16:36
From The Village
Group:
Registered Users
I switched from the default(PSEG supplier) to Constellation Energy last year @9.22 cents per KWh. My contract is coming to an end and their renewal offer has a higher rate(surprise!) than what I currently pay.

I checked the list of third-party suppliers but most of them don't publish the rates. I found another website that lets you compare rates but it has fewer suppliers. The best rate I found was 8.99 cents / KWh from eCommerce Energy and its better than what I currently pay.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for a third-party energy supplier?

Thanks!

Posted on: 2013/2/2 21:24

Re: "Direct Energy" asking to see my electric/gas bill...

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/12/31 1:11
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
As a result of government deregulation of the largest public utility you now have a right to chose your supplier of gas and electric in currently deregulated states. The utility is Generated - Delivered & Supplied three separate parts. The incumbent energy companies like PSEG were only allowed to keep one of the three. They chose the delivery because they own and maintain the infrastructure used to deliver this commodity. This is the first part of your bill the delivery charge. The second part is the cost of the actual supply of gas and electric. There are over a dozen ESCO's (Energy Supply Companies) that you can shop for a better rate.

Companies like Direct Energy go door to door, use telemarketing, and mailers to solicit you as customer. Some of them tend to be very aggressive trying to get you to commit on the spot. They usually lock you into a contract for 1-2 years at a rate. If you try and switch they hit you with a cancelation fee. Read the fine print.

Read about the energy choice program on PSEG's website:
http://www.pseg.com/home/customer_service/energy_choice/index.jsp

I am an independent consultant with a company called Ambit Energy that uses word of mouth instead of traditional forms of marketing. We have no contracts and offer a free energy program showing you how to eliminate the supply portion of your bill (Gas&Electric). Nothing changes, there is no cost to switch, no inconvenience, the only thing that changes is that you now pay less for a bill you already have to pay.

Not many people are familiar with deregulation and tend to think it's a scam. Do the research yourself.

To learn more about how to save money or make money showing people how to get free energy check out this short video and partner with Americas fastest growing company.

http://nscerbo.energygoldrush.com/

Feel free to reply to this message board with any questions.

Inc. 500 Article ranking Ambit#1 link:

http://www.inc.com/magazine/20100901/ ... test-growing-company.html

Posted on: 2012/12/31 1:10

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact