Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Heights' man, 27, stabbed twice in the stomach -- one attacker said "What is good now?"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Iwitness wrote:
Quote:

JRL wrote:
So Elvis, I guess I'm wrong the streets are safe then? Yes I am spewing. I have also presented solutions towards addressing crime to Team Healy, but they are ignorant and continue to tell us the streets are safe.

When is the last time "they" told "us" the streets are safe? Just curious, since you're talking about them "continuing" to do so.

Healy said it at the Night Out Rally against crime, so did Comey.

Quote:
Can crime be eliminated? No, but it can be put under control. With solid community policing strategies and adequate resources, we can attack crime ? take back our streets and take back our community.

Addressing crime is not rocket science. Our neighbors across the river have provided great examples how to attack street crime. NYC has proven that providing more cops and more equipment can make a difference. Today, we also have great technology that can help fight crime too, let?s use it.

How do you advocate paying for a greatly expanded JCPD? Since you're all about presenting solutions, and it's so simple that NYC is the norm and not the exception.

Citizen Safety is one of, if not the most important priorities of our elected officials. I'm tired of hearing bull shit about paying for it. We have bloated city payrolls, useless agencies. Elected officials taking bribes, to bad they use the bribe money against crime, oh yeah, how can they when they are committing crimes themselves. Since the Safety of the Citizens is that important as an elected office you find the money to protect the Citizens. Safe city also helps economically, more business comes in creating more jobs.

Quote:

So Elvis prove me wrong. Healy ran both times on a platform of safer streets, more policing and failed us.

You're absolutely right that the Healy administration has failed the city, in many ways. If I'm reading elvis the right way, I don't think he's disagreeing with the ideas behind your posts, as much as with your completely shameless and tedious politicking that talks down to people.

Cut the bullshit on politicking...I'm speaking the way I feel, it has nothing to do with politics. I want to see Jersey City run better. We can be a better city with a diverse and intelligent City Council rather than a Team Healy rubber stamp.

Posted on: 2009/8/25 22:32

Re: Heights' man, 27, stabbed twice in the stomach -- one attacker said "What is good now?"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/29 4:12
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JRL wrote:
So Elvis, I guess I'm wrong the streets are safe then? Yes I am spewing. I have also presented solutions towards addressing crime to Team Healy, but they are ignorant and continue to tell us the streets are safe.

When is the last time "they" told "us" the streets are safe? Just curious, since you're talking about them "continuing" to do so.

Quote:
Can crime be eliminated? No, but it can be put under control. With solid community policing strategies and adequate resources, we can attack crime ? take back our streets and take back our community.

Addressing crime is not rocket science. Our neighbors across the river have provided great examples how to attack street crime. NYC has proven that providing more cops and more equipment can make a difference. Today, we also have great technology that can help fight crime too, let?s use it.

How do you advocate paying for a greatly expanded JCPD? Since you're all about presenting solutions, and it's so simple that NYC is the norm and not the exception.

Quote:

So Elvis prove me wrong. Healy ran both times on a platform of safer streets, more policing and failed us.

You're absolutely right that the Healy administration has failed the city, in many ways. If I'm reading elvis the right way, I don't think he's disagreeing with the ideas behind your posts, as much as with your completely shameless and tedious politicking that talks down to people.

Posted on: 2009/8/25 21:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

elvis wrote:
You just never get tired of coming into crime threads and spewing your nonsense. It accomplishes nothing.

PS, when you ask a question, use a question mark.

Posted on: 2009/8/25 20:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
You just never get tired of coming into crime threads and spewing your nonsense. It accomplishes nothing.

PS, when you ask a question, use a question mark.

Posted on: 2009/8/25 14:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Safe streets....when are you going to keep your campaign promise Team Healy!

Posted on: 2009/8/25 4:46

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/13 22:03
From see profile name
Group:
Registered Users
Not to mention that I want to call the irony police every time Charles Hack writes about a stabbing.

Posted on: 2009/8/24 13:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
"what is good now" -

slang....

usually said "what's good now" like.. "now what's up?"... you get it??

The newspaper really is effin hillarious the way they incorporate stuff into their articles

Posted on: 2009/8/24 13:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, kind of reminds me of that old REM song - that refers to an incident in New York City in 1986, where news anchor Dan Rather was spontaneously attacked by one or two assailants who, between beatings, would ask, "what's the frequency, Kenneth?" One of the assailants has been since identified as William Tager, who attacked Rather because he thought the media had taken control of him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What%27s_the_Frequency,_Kenneth%3F

Posted on: 2009/8/24 13:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/28 13:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
One man said to him, "What is good now?" before slashing him twice in the stomach and running away, reports said.

I don't get it. What does this mean?

Posted on: 2009/8/24 13:10

Heights' man, 27, stabbed twice in the stomach -- one attacker said "What is good now?"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map Man, 27, stabbed in stomach Monday, August 24, 2009 A 27-year-old man on his way home was stabbed in the stomach in the Jersey City Heights Saturday night, police reports said. At the Jersey City Medical Center, the man told police he was walking home near Summit and Manhattan avenues when two men approached him, reports said. One man said to him, "What is good now?" before slashing him twice in the stomach and running away, reports said. The victim was treated for two minor lacerations, reports said. CHARLES HACK

Posted on: 2009/8/24 13:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017