Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 60 Erie condos

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/18 6:10
Group:
Registered Users
actually they cleared the parking lot because they are going to be building another apt buiding.

Posted on: 2009/8/27 2:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/14 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
I live close to these condos and a few months ago they planted trees along the right side of the building (if you're looking at the building from across the street) and they cleared out all the cars from the parking lot.

The only car that is parked there day and night is a pick-up for a construction company.

The automatic door to the parking lot is no longer working and hasn't been for a good six months and it is kept locked with a bike lock.

When cars were in the parking lot there was land rover with four flat tires that sat there for a year or longer. When they cleared the cars out, I guess it was towed out.

I think it's odd that the tenants are not allowed to park in the lot anymore and I thought I heard they might be putting an extension onto the building (extending into the parking lot). I could be totally off base though.

Posted on: 2009/8/25 17:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/10 17:24
From Chilltown & West Village
Group:
Registered Users
You can do better quality wise for the money i'd say. I found it was given a quick, poor, unimaginative renovation... however, the one thing going for it is the excellent location and parking.

I lived very near this bldg. until recently and went to visit a resident there roughly 6 months back... was happy to finally see inside after watching a slow renovation over the period of a year or two back in '02 i think it was.

It was indeed a former elementary or middle school which sat empty for ages. Seemed like it's destiny was forever going to be a safe haven for bad kids to camp out on the entrance steps and roll blunts or a secret hideaway for pigeons & local ferrel cats that were able to sneak in via the broken windows. It smelled musty and had extensive water damage for a long while, unfortunately even after the renov. it still feels dank and damp inside.

Once inside i found the entrance floor covered with cheap, thin industrial carpet, you can almost feel the plywood sheets buckling underfoot. Not sure why the developer didn't opt to leave original floors there and renovate properly. (prolly b'cos it's a cost cutting trick by housing flippers seeking quick profits..)

The hallways are huge but apts and interior rooms are curiously small and not entirely private feeling. Of the one apt. i was in, i could hear neighbors talking next door and footstep sounds of 'walking around' above. Apparently they tossed up thin plasterboard walls to make apts out of the shape of the classrooms but it certainly didnt feel natural or cool. As another poster noted (a former tenant i think) it was cold and drafty in winter, perhaps they've worked on that issue by now.

Weirdest thing of all is, I've never once seen a super caring for the outside- never see anyone taking out trash, sweeping up the sidewalk or caring for tree planter areas which is on their property but they don't seem to mind garbage tossed into them. Broken glass, et c has been there for eons- i thought being private property they were required to keep it tidy/safe but apparently not. In winter the sidewalk is rarely cleared of snow until late in the afternoon, even then it's such a narrow strip two people cannot pass one another without stepping into a pile to let the other pass.

All in all i only wish they'd not doen a slap-dash hack job, because the school is cool, very solid. Had taken care with it given it's history, left the soul intact without sacrificing quality it would be the gem of the 'hood. But it's unlikely any new work will be done on it for another 50 years the way things tend to go in Chilltown .

Posted on: 2009/8/23 23:20

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/24 18:54
Group:
Registered Users
if you're talking about the building that i think you're talking about, that is the former P.S. # 2. It was a grades k-4 school waaaaaay back. my first day of school ever was right there. that's a great block, as i'm sure you must have noticed.

Posted on: 2009/8/23 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nicoray wrote:
Hi. Has anybody heard anything about 60 Erie St condos? We are thinking of buying so we would love some feedback from owners or former/current renters. Thanks.

I lived there as a renter in 2004-05. Its a great place, I particularly miss having a clicker to a gated lot for my car. It's a nice, quiet block now that the bodega across the street is gone. (we used to get noise from the idling cars playing music there before) One thing to beware of - make sure their windows have been sealed or replaced recently. The windows are very large and had drafts when we were there. We froze in the winter! Also if you have pets or kids, make sure there are screens on the windows. I asked for those several times and they never installed them.

Posted on: 2009/8/23 1:09

60 Erie condos

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/18 6:10
Group:
Registered Users
Hi. Has anybody heard anything about 60 Erie St condos? We are thinking of buying so we would love some feedback from owners or former/current renters. Thanks.

Posted on: 2009/8/23 0:48

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017