Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Trained Dog Attacking on 1st and Erie
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Also, as an update to this story: the woman who claimed to be chased on top of a car by a man and his fighting dog has since become something of a neighborhood legend for her fanciful tales. (Ask her about the album she's cutting with Beyonce.)

Hahaha! That's funny. I wondered exactly what happened, now that this four-year-old thread has been revived.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 22:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Also, as an update to this story: the woman who claimed to be chased on top of a car by a man and his fighting dog has since become something of a neighborhood legend for her fanciful tales. (Ask her about the album she's cutting with Beyonce.)

Posted on: 2013/8/19 21:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

hyejeong wrote:
Yea definitely not Rob Rizzo. We trust our dog with him. He is very kind and very attentive in dog care. I think he changed his phone number. Does anybody here know his contact or how to contact him? I need to board my dog with him again soon. Please PM me. Thanks.

Rob moved away months ago. I believe he was in NOLA but now is in Florida.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 20:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
PM'd you :)

Quote:

hyejeong wrote:
Yea definitely not Rob Rizzo. We trust our dog with him. He is very kind and very attentive in dog care. I think he changed his phone number. Does anybody here know his contact or how to contact him? I need to board my dog with him again soon. Please PM me. Thanks.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 20:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/20 12:54
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/19 20:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/25 18:50
From corner of van vorst and vienna
Group:
Registered Users
Definitely not Rob Rizzo. He was my dog walker for a year, and his love and respect for huskies are paramount to him. He also feels strongly about keeping dogs leashed. Especially huskies, who are escape artists. Plus, he's a very nice guy who keeps to himself and his dogs?he doesn't want trouble with people.

I know of the dog/owner in this situation. Not a good vibe. But whoah! This is horrific. I hope the dog gets a new home, pronto.

Posted on: 2009/8/10 19:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
it kills me how many posters have asked why this woman, while on top of an SUV, with a huge dog at her heels, didn't calmly whip out her cel phone and call the police (after taking a picture of the dog, of course).

there were witnesses. they came to her aid. she went to the police immediately, and was told there was nothing they could do without an ID of the dog owner.

bornandraised, I wonder if you can help on that front.

Posted on: 2009/8/7 16:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/7 14:54
Group:
Registered Users
Oh it just wouldn't be a proper thread unless we blamed the victim through pure supposition. First the 17 year old sexual assult victim and now this.

Posted on: 2009/8/7 13:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Bornandraised- This is your first post. Are you the dog owner? Just asking. What is your side of the story?

Posted on: 2009/8/7 13:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/7 11:36
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, I had to respond to this. If this incident even happened at all, or do we have a lonely attention getter on our hands? Isn't this obvious to anyone, that this was probably a minor conflict between two neighbors. It seems to me that someone feels spurned from a confrontation and now went out of the way to exaggerate the events in the hopes of getting some personal satisfaction. Think about it, if all this commotion was going on, a dog attacking, a person jumping on a car on Erie. So, this person had to be screaming "help me" extremely loud and the dog should have been barking insanely mad and loud, if it were an attack dog, right? And this whole incident must have lasted for some time, but NO ONE ELSE SAW THIS to call the police. The person who tells this to the neighbor claims they didn't have a cell phone on them to call the police, but must have one, how convenient. And then doesn't call immediately after the incident was over. Why, because this person would have had to fill out a report if the police would have been summoned to the altercation, which would then be on file. There is no file, because nobody filed anything. So, apparently the events of that night weren't exactly as horrific as portrayed to the neighbor who posted this. I know If a dog would have been attacking me I would have ran to the police station immediately after it happened. But this person chose to tell the neighbor the dramatic tale instead. The little fish that keeps getting bigger and bigger from everyone who tells the story, WOW! And all you people that feed into this kind of garbage should be ashamed of yourselves, your making JC a bad place to live. See, your not busy enough with your boring lives, so you actually look for fodder and could care less if there is any truth to what you here, you just know your on your way to Frankensteins castle with your torch. Think about that the next time write something.

Posted on: 2009/8/7 11:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Hopefully the next time this happens, you will have your cell phone with you. Immediately call the police precinct house in Hamilton Park, 201-547-5408, and report what is happening, and ask that an officer come immediately.

Posted on: 2009/8/7 3:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
This is absolutely unacceptable and bordering on terrorism. This person should be charged and having a Neighborhood Association leading the charge the city and cops will heed the concern.

People should not live in fear in their own neighborhoods, cities, blocks. People like that idiot dog owner/walker should be stopped for making terrorists threats by using a trained attack dog as his weapon.

+1
Your are 100% correct.

Posted on: 2009/8/7 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
I've got it!

We'll get ahold of that truck with the loadspeakers that Healy used for his campaign.

Then we drive around downtown with the thing screaming
"Chopper! Sic Balls!"

Wherever the ruckus develops, we know we found our man.

Kind of like clicking your remote to find your car in the parking garage.

Posted on: 2009/8/7 1:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
"Chopper, sic balls"?

Posted on: 2009/8/7 0:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/12 0:51
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
jcbiscuit, if your friend remembers the words the person used to command the dog, it might help to figure out where the dog was trained. command words for this type of behavior are not common words and are often in other languages so that the dogs don't react when the word comes up in conversation.

Posted on: 2009/8/7 0:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
This is absolutely unacceptable and bordering on terrorism. This person should be charged and having a Neighborhood Association leading the charge the city and cops will heed the concern.

People should not live in fear in their own neighborhoods, cities, blocks. People like that idiot dog owner/walker should be stopped for making terrorists threats by using a trained attack dog as his weapon.

Posted on: 2009/8/6 22:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

creativeconquests wrote:
Do you think he may know the police in a friendly way and they are slowing up the issue?

My guess, too.

Posted on: 2009/8/6 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Rules are rules, laws are laws. Just sayin.

LOL! Point taken. Once we start ignoring the little rules, the big ones start to seem ok.

Posted on: 2009/8/6 19:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Robin, I forwarded your advice, and have no idea why the AC wasn't contacted. this is not my report to make. I'm just the nosey neighbor, twiching my curtains.

Posted on: 2009/8/6 18:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
it seems the JC police are not taking this seriously. my neighbor went back to follow up yesterday, only to learn that no report was on file.

they're not treating this as an attempted assault, but as a simple grievance between neighbors, and they refuse to file a report without the dog owner's name.

this is like getting mugged and not being able to report it because you can't identify your attacker. ridiculous.

JCbiscuit, We pm'ed exchanged yesterday. Is there any reason why Animal Control was not contacted either yesterday and today?

Posted on: 2009/8/6 18:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

elvis wrote:
Quote:
Does this mean I can drive drunk? Steal from the bank? Shoot people? NOPE. Because like having a dog off-leash, these things are ILLEGAL.

Jenny,

come on. Thats not an apt comparison. I agree that everyone should leash their dog, but the last time I checked, the number of fatalities related to drunk driving outnumbers the dog leash fatalities by alot. Aren't you being a tad overdramatic? Jaywalking is illegal too, and I can assume you may have done that once in your life.

That being said, this guy has a serious problem. I think I saw him near the Path this morning. Had a gold chain on? Not the bald dude. This guy looked like Bob the neighbor on That 70's show.

Rules are rules, laws are laws. Just sayin.

And me? Overdramatic? NEVER!

Posted on: 2009/8/6 18:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
it seems the JC police are not taking this seriously. my neighbor went back to follow up yesterday, only to learn that no report was on file.

they're not treating this as an attempted assault, but as a simple grievance between neighbors, and they refuse to file a report without the dog owner's name.

this is like getting mugged and not being able to report it because you can't identify your attacker. ridiculous.

Do you think he may know the police in a friendly way and they are slowing up the issue?

Posted on: 2009/8/6 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
A message was send to the OP requesting that he/she contact this neighbor and have them call Animal Control Unit ASAP.

My PM was received by the OP and he replied to me.

As of 2:25pm today there were no calls to this office.

Posted on: 2009/8/6 18:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Since when do you need a perp's name to report a crime??

Maybe try calling the mayor's office if the cops won't help.

Office of Constituent Services
Tel: (201)547-4900/5555

Posted on: 2009/8/6 18:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Does this mean I can drive drunk? Steal from the bank? Shoot people? NOPE. Because like having a dog off-leash, these things are ILLEGAL.

Jenny,

come on. Thats not an apt comparison. I agree that everyone should leash their dog, but the last time I checked, the number of fatalities related to drunk driving outnumbers the dog leash fatalities by alot. Aren't you being a tad overdramatic? Jaywalking is illegal too, and I can assume you may have done that once in your life.

That being said, this guy has a serious problem. I think I saw him near the Path this morning. Had a gold chain on? Not the bald dude. This guy looked like Bob the neighbor on That 70's show.

Posted on: 2009/8/6 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:

Do you expect the JCPD to file it under The Invisible Man ?? Contact you block association for help because in numbers there is action. In numbers...

Posted on: 2009/8/6 18:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 15:44
Group:
Registered Users
I do see the guy in Hamilton Park a couple times a week. Seems like a nice guy. His dog never bothers me or my dog, so I don't mind him not being on leash. Although one day he did lift up his leg and take a leak on my the back of my wife's leg. Pretty funny.

Posted on: 2009/8/6 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/8/6 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

lunawolf3 wrote:
JCbiscuit if the dog is a Jindo, I may be able to help you. Please PM me.

Sorry I do not know how to post photos here but just have your neighbor Google Jindo. It's a Korean breed and if it is the person I am thinking of the dog is constantly off leash and equiped with a shock collar. They are sort of a smaller husky looking breed, but not a husky.

And No, It certainly is NOT the husky guy spoken of earlier.
He NEVER, EVER has his dogs off leash and does not have attack dogs.

Mary Ann

There is a guy who lives near Hamilton Pk. with a Jindo. I talk to him all the time and he would never sic his dog on anyone. His dog is very well trained but I have never seen it go after anyone or anything. No he doesn't use a leash but thats another story as the dog is very well disciplined. The guy the OP writes about must be someone else and I would hate to see a lynch mob going after the wrong guy. The guy I know understands the implications of doing something so stupid.

I am also well disciplined. Does this mean I can drive drunk? Steal from the bank? Shoot people? NOPE. Because like having a dog off-leash, these things are ILLEGAL.

The fact that this guy walks his dog near the police department makes it particularly infuriating.

Posted on: 2009/8/6 12:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Agreed Vig.
Hysterics and false accusations are not helpful to anyone involved here, and ultimately won't help find out who the dog owner is. Such as the wrongful comments about the Husky owner/walker on this thread.

What I think would be helpful here though, is if the folks who have direct contact with the Jindo owner encourage him to meet with the woman involved in the incident. Very Simple really. This way he can help the community found out who did this. If you should see him please ask him to contact jcbiscuit and I will do the same. For me it's really not about false accusations but rather pitching in to help figure out who this dog owner is. If I were in a position where I even suspected myself and my dog were being accused of some wrong doing I would step forward to clear the record and help the authorities focus elsewhere. I would want to know about it too, right away. I think the best approach here is for anyone reading this who knows the Jindo guy? Have him contact jcbiscuit, that would be helpful.

Mary Ann

Posted on: 2009/8/6 12:15

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017