Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: DeFazio: Inspectors, time to get tough - crack down on buildings where criminal activity has occured
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/21 18:57
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Can you name a building where criminal activity HAS NOT occurred? You are assuming it is all low income stuff again. Most cocaine dealers in the US are WHITE MALES between the ages of 18-45.

Posted on: 2009/8/4 20:45

Re: DeFazio: Inspectors, time to get tough - crack down on buildings where criminal activity has occ
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/25 2:12
Group:
Banned
Well I wasn't talking to you.

Posted on: 2009/8/3 21:15

Re: DeFazio: Inspectors, time to get tough - crack down on buildings where criminal activity has occ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DowntownSteve28 wrote:
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
Downtownsteve28- So you think I should move down south? you really are a clown aren't you? how about I stay here and try to change this city for the better. Chances are you'll eventually get fired and your new job will be in some other state. I'm self employed and tied to the area.

I never said get rid of all low-income housing. I said dont blame the landlord for the mess thats been created by govt policies.

Thanks for phsycho-analyzing me. It's kind of pathetic how every lib on this forum will correct ones grammar when they dont have an intelligent rebuttal.

Atleast you admit you dont know the first thing about landlording, I'd be glad to post on the electrical engineering thread.

FYI,there are more right leaners and independents in JC than you realize.

After thinking all day about it, I agree. You are better than me. I want to make Jersey City better too, so this afternoon I walked down Columbus Drive and told everyone that they are stupid liberals. I think it helped. The governor just called to let me know how much better everything is now.

I hope my son is your tenant one day.

He didn't say that he was going to make JC a better place by calling everyone a stupid liberal - you did. There are more useful things to can do to Christopher Columbus Drive to improve downtown living. I like you better when you talk about raps and jazzes.

Posted on: 2009/8/3 20:34

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/18 18:35
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
witty, Xerxes !

Posted on: 2009/8/3 20:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
Downtownsteve28- So you think I should move down south? you really are a clown aren't you? how about I stay here and try to change this city for the better. Chances are you'll eventually get fired and your new job will be in some other state. I'm self employed and tied to the area.

I never said get rid of all low-income housing. I said dont blame the landlord for the mess thats been created by govt policies.

Thanks for phsycho-analyzing me. It's kind of pathetic how every lib on this forum will correct ones grammar when they dont have an intelligent rebuttal.

Atleast you admit you dont know the first thing about landlording, I'd be glad to post on the electrical engineering thread.

After thinking all day about it, I agree. You are better than me. I want to make Jersey City better too, so this afternoon I walked down Columbus Drive and told everyone that they are stupid liberals. I think it helped. The governor just called to let me know how much better everything is now.

I hope my son is your tenant one day.

Posted on: 2009/8/3 19:40

Re: DeFazio: Inspectors, time to get tough - crack down on buildings where criminal activity has occured
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
Quote:
Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio believes it's time to use city inspectors to crack down on buildings where criminal activity has contributed to trouble spots.

The crackdown won't be too tough becasue there is only one buillding that is completely rife with criminal activity: 280 Grove Street.

Posted on: 2009/8/3 15:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/8/3 14:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
So defazio wants to put blame on the landlords and property managers for the crime taking place in the city?

maybe if this backass liberal city would get rid of rent control landlords would be able to rent to quality tenants.

lets not forget that if a landlord denies a section 8 tenant they can be fined for descrmination.

give it up jc you spun the web and now youve tangled us all up in it.

I admit that I'm an electrical engineer by training and don't know much about landlording, but I think I can assume that the issue isn't as easy to boil down to its constituent parts as you make it out to be.

Perhaps some policy changes are needed, but I believe that an elimination of all low-income-housing opportunities would lead to an explosion of homeless people, and that would certainly not be in the best interest of the community.

If you feel that this city is too "back*** liberal" then perhaps you are living in the wrong part of the country? I'm not trying to be mean, but many of the people I talk to in our city seem to lean "to the left" as they say. Your anger is apparent in your typing errors. For the benefit of yourself and anybody else who will get emotional reading your posts, I suggest, as someone who has been around for quite sometime, that you should relax, rewind, and gain some perspective. We only have one life, I say.

Posted on: 2009/8/3 7:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
conchords_flight- I have some rent control buildings, why do you ask?

Posted on: 2009/8/3 4:10

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
heights and newheights, do you guys own buildings that are rent controlled?Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
heights-even if a property is held in an llc, all the members and/or the in-state agent can have warrants issued against them.

I know because I went to court and paid a bogus garbage fine (neighbors dumping their trash in one of my buildings recycle pales) but the court had no record of the paid fine and issued a warrant for my arrest even though I was in an llc.

I agree that the absentee landlords need to be held accountable too, but until the section 8 system/rent control system is seriously revamped, the vicious cycle will continue.

Posted on: 2009/8/3 0:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
This is so tedious.
ALL inspectors in Jersey City are on the take and most of the buildings in the heights are owned by the mob.

Perhaps DeFazio is trying to avoid being the next one arrested.

Tedium tedium!

Jersey City is a dirty crooked city from top to bottom...crooks do well, but honest people get screwed.

Posted on: 2009/8/3 0:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
heights-even if a property is held in an llc, all the members and/or the in-state agent can have warrants issued against them.

I know because I went to court and paid a bogus garbage fine (neighbors dumping their trash in one of my buildings recycle pales) but the court had no record of the paid fine and issued a warrant for my arrest even though I was in an llc.

I agree that the absentee landlords need to be held accountable too, but until the section 8 system/rent control system is seriously revamped, the vicious cycle will continue.

Posted on: 2009/8/2 23:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Conchords_Flight wrote:
heights, defazio is no liberal.

rent control is a different issue.

can't we ask absentee apartment building owners to make sure they don't turn into crackhouses?

How can we when you can list the ownership name under a corporation / LLC This way they don't get a ticket because it has to be written to an actual name, and this is rubber stamped on all checks to the tax dept, PSE&G, and other utility companies. And with the LLC part it limits law suits to only the one said property. Great scheme huh !

Posted on: 2009/8/2 22:48

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
heights, defazio is no liberal.

rent control is a different issue.

can't we ask absentee apartment building owners to make sure they don't turn into crackhouses?

Posted on: 2009/8/2 22:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
So defazio wants to put blame on the landlords and property managers for the crime taking place in the city?

maybe if this backass liberal city would get rid of rent control landlords would be able to rent to quality tenants.

lets not forget that if a landlord denies a section 8 tenant they can be fined for descrmination.

2 words CONDO Conversion

Posted on: 2009/8/2 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/8/2 17:50

DeFazio: Inspectors, time to get tough - crack down on buildings where criminal activity has occured
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
DeFazio: Inspectors, time to get tough

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio believes it's time to use city inspectors to crack down on buildings where criminal activity has contributed to trouble spots.

"That has been a high crime, high drug distribution area for many years and police and other law enforcement agencies have made numerous arrests there," DeFazio said about the area of Reed Street and Bergen Avenue. Five police officers were shot in and outside a building at 24 Reed St. two weeks ago and one later died.

DeFazio said Reed Street is a short block, making it difficult for police to set up surveillance, adding, "When a car comes down the street, it draws attention."

"I think the city, perhaps with our help, can contemplate charges of maintaining a nuisance against the management of that building and perhaps neighboring buildings as well," said DeFazio, referring to 24 Reed St. "Clearly it is notorious for the misconduct that is going on there."

MICHAELANGELO CONTE

Posted on: 2009/8/2 15:24

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017