Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Councilman Fulop Press Release July 24
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/4 2:56
Group:
Registered Users
I like this idea better:

Steven Fulop for Mayor

Daniel Levin for At-Large

Andrew Hubsch for Downtown Council

Although i think Levin is great and I supported him in his mayoral bid, the fact is that Fulop would make the better mayor because of experience.

Posted on: 2009/7/27 21:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/30 3:40
Group:
Banned
Levin, Fulop and Skinner for Mayor, Council At Large and Council woman would be a good fresh start for Jersey City, wouldn't it?!?

Posted on: 2009/7/27 0:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
And now to get rid of Healy and rest of the council.

It's an old Mafia town and the only pol left standing is Steve Fulop.

I hope they can tie Lefrak money into this scandal.

But, alas, the money men walk and the sleazy pols take the hit. Well, I guess that's what sleazy politicians are for!

Posted on: 2009/7/26 19:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/2 11:36
Group:
Registered Users
?I think there is a culture in the state which, if it does not promote corruption, certainly tolerates it,? said Bob Ingle, a veteran reporter and co-author of The Sopranos State , a book that chronicles New Jersey's seamy political past. ?In Indiana, if you hold two public jobs it's a felony. In New Jersey if you hold two public jobs, you're a slacker.?

Media has also been an issue. New Jersey lacks its own network television affiliate, and relies instead on broadcasters from nearby Philadelphia and New York, neither of which spend much time covering the state's political scene. Local newspapers, meanwhile, have made considerable cutbacks and lack the resources to hold politicians accountable.

?One of the more valuable checks on government officials really has very little ability now to provide any kind of investigative work,? said Brigid Harrison, a professor of political science at New Jersey's Montclair State University.

In my opinion:
Jersey Journal had to know this was happening and probably provided the propaganda articles necessary to perpetuate these horrific alleged crimes.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 12:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/31 0:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dontstealmyrocks wrote:

Yes, and so while (Mariano, and #4 and others in JC) were stuffing their pockets, they neglected the citizens of JC, thus only when the outcry for more police and other city services by the tax payers, would they move their asses by then it was kinda too late, then claiming that crime was down.

But lets remember the people who died in this city due to lack of police, the gangs were running amok selling their drugs and they still are on the street corners(white-t- shirts), the kids that became part of those gangs when something could have been done sooner. There wouldn't have been members of those dying or innocents dying or people getting seriously hurt.

I still see prostitutes on Ocean Avenue, Sam Jefferson's ex brother in law is a regular out at night at 3:00 am in a Greenville neighborhood were the drug dealers hang out as well. Why is he there what is he looking for? He's been doing this for years.

Mariano is very tight with some people who are heads of some city depts. in JC

QFT

I attended the City Council meeting when they voted on the Pay to Play.

I yelled out bought & paid for. I was right.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 1:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/7 16:42
Group:
Registered Users
Dan Levin has just issued a press release asking for Healy to resign. See below statement:

www.onejerseycity.org

"We issued a press release today calling for the resignation of Mayor Healy, Councilman Vega, and Councilwoman Lopez, and for a "punch list" of reforms necessary to restore the public?s confidence in the decisions made by our city government."

"A rally is being planned and we enourage members of the public to attend both the City Council Caucus meeting on Monday and City Council meeting on Wednesdsay, both meetings at 10am."

Posted on: 2009/7/25 23:54

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/7 16:42
Group:
Registered Users
It would be impactful if all outraged JC residents showed up at the City Council meeting on Wed to support Fulop in introducing these resolutions.

Meeting is at City Hall at 10am (summer hours). You can call the City Clerk the day before to have your name placed on the speakers list. Time and place to vent is there.

Quote:

StevenFulop wrote:
COUNCILMAN INTRODUCES TWO VEGA FOCUSED RESOLUTIONS FOR COUNCIL AGENDA

(Jersey City- Friday, July 24, 2009): At this week?s city council meeting scheduled for Wednesday July 29th, Councilman Fulop will present two resolutions before the city council. With the lone exception of Fulop, the council, led by Mariano Vega, was elected in May as part of ?Team Healy? and ran under the banner ?Change You Can See?.

The first resolution will be a no confidence vote asking the rest of the city council to support a formal request for the resignation of Councilman Mariano Vega. Fulop stated that ?while Mariano Vega deserves his day in court, the sheer scale and widespread nature of the allegations is an outrage to the people of our city. Vega?s every vote going forward will be tainted on the council. It is impossible at this point that Council President or the other indicted members of the Healy administration for that matter can adequately represent the people of Jersey City with this cloud of suspicion hanging over them.?

The Second Resolution will formally request that Mayor Healy amend his executive order regarding the closed - door abatement negotiation committee to which Healy appointed Mariano Vega as chairperson.

?In light of yesterday?s arrests, there is a cloud over these closed backroom meetings. The public is rightfully concerned about them. There has never been a more appropriate time for the mayor to open these meetings so the public can see how the city negotiates their tax dollars,? Fulop added.

# # # # #

Posted on: 2009/7/25 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

freedom wrote:
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
Upstate.What about the two homes he has built in Brazil.
How about all the Art work he took from the old Medical center?

Very interesting, I heard about his mansion upstate but never heard about two homes in Brazil. This sounds like the perfect way for developers to compinsate for favors, no checks to trace. I wonder if the big boss (Healy) has been gifted property out of state?

Yes, and so while (Mariano, and #4 and others in JC) were stuffing their pockets, they neglected the citizens of JC, thus only when the outcry for more police and other city services by the tax payers, would they move their asses by then it was kinda too late, then claiming that crime was down.

But lets remember the people who died in this city due to lack of police, the gangs were running amok selling their drugs and they still are on the street corners(white-t- shirts), the kids that became part of those gangs when something could have been done sooner. There wouldn't have been members of those dying or innocents dying or people getting seriously hurt.

I still see prostitutes on Ocean Avenue, Sam Jefferson's ex brother in law is a regular out at night at 3:00 am in a Greenville neighborhood were the drug dealers hang out as well. Why is he there what is he looking for? He's been doing this for years.

Mariano is very tight with some people who are heads of some city depts. in JC

Posted on: 2009/7/25 15:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/19 20:14
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:

Very interesting, I heard about his mansion upstate but never heard about two homes in Brazil. This sounds like the perfect way for developers to compinsate for favors, no checks to trace. I wonder if the big boss (Healy) has been gifted property out of state?

Posted on: 2009/7/25 13:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 11:12
Group:
Registered Users
As a reporter that covered countless city council meetings from Orlando to Chicago, I have never seen such a committed council member as Councilman Fulop. The residents of Jersey City appreciate your effort and dedication, in an arena where it seems as if there is none.

Posted on: 2009/7/25 13:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/30 3:40
Group:
Banned
Right on, Steve. The cloud of suspicion also hangs over Mayor Healy aka Jersey City Public Official 4. Let us all show our support on Wednesday, 10AM @ City Hall for these resolutions.

Posted on: 2009/7/25 13:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
Whether Healy is proven to be found guilty remains to be seen. However, he is definitely guilty of stealing Steve Fulop's line. " We will continue to conduct open and honest government". Is he for real? His deputy mayor was just arrested for back door deals and bribery.

Posted on: 2009/7/25 11:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/7/25 1:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Why couldn't this have come down before the elections in JC and Hoboken?

Posted on: 2009/7/25 1:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/19 20:14
Group:
Registered Users
Council members that are convicted of corruption should be forced to pay back the taxpayers their entire salary for the term in which they were convicted. I would like to hear more about Vega's Mansion upstate.

Posted on: 2009/7/25 0:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I agree it could not be a more perfect time for Steve to reintroduce his ordinance on pay-to-play. Maybe with the additional provisio that elected officials understand that their assets will become property of city coffers if they are found guilty of corruption charges.

Go Steve, I find myself reasserted for voting for Dan.

Posted on: 2009/7/24 23:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone else notice Healy has co-opted "Open and Honest Government" in his written statements yesterday and today? Setting aside the absurdity of the statement for a moment, does he really think he can adopt the Fulop mantra and suddenly, magically it will apply to him? What's next - the haircut?

Posted on: 2009/7/24 23:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/25 16:16
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Yes he made a statement at 5pm
See this thread and the post by JCIndependent
http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... id=206616#forumpost206616

Posted on: 2009/7/24 23:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

shadrack wrote:
I get the feeling that a special election for Mayor is inevitable as Mayor Healy has been identified as "Official #4" under investigation.

Dan Levin for Mayor -- Fulop should be Council President.

Has Healy been identified as JC Official 4, or is that just speculation?

Posted on: 2009/7/24 23:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
I get the feeling that a special election for Mayor is inevitable as Mayor Healy has been identified as "Official #4" under investigation.

Dan Levin for Mayor -- Fulop should be Council President.

Posted on: 2009/7/24 22:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
i have said this before and will say again, fulop should run for mayor for the next election. I dont always agree with him, but his straight forward no slippery politcal bs approach to issues at hand is admired.

also he's the only one who seem to be competent enough to move the city in the right direction.

he should've ran last election!

Posted on: 2009/7/24 21:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/4 14:09
From Journal Square, duh!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FletchFletcher wrote:
FULOP should be mayor. The city council is full of old guard GHETTO THUGS. I will be at the next city council meeting. I am over this bullshit city AND BUSINESS AS USUAL. ITS OVER.....OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW!!!

No way, he is too close to a saint. He should be appointed bishop or cardinal.

Posted on: 2009/7/24 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/11 16:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

covetalker wrote:
As suggested by a prior post in this thread, this is the ideal time for Councilman Fulop to re-introduce the Redevelopment Pay-to-Play (Campaign Finance) ordinance that he proposed in January 2007. [The ordinance was originally crafted and requested by Civic JC, and presented by Dan Levin and Andrew Hubsch, who appeared before Municipal Council in June 2006.]

The (re)development crowd -- real estate developers, their lawyers, etc. -- is the single greatest source of local campaign dollars. And until tighter rules (and penalties) are in place, with increased transparency, that money will unduly influence the city's decisions about development: approvals, variances, abatements.

And only a Council-sponsored ordinance can address redevelopment law. So it's down to Fulop, and up to us, to seize the moment.

All for this, and commend Councilman Fulop for consistently trying to address these issues since he was elected, but that alone will do nothing. Let's not forget that these people are in the position they are in because they allegedly violated laws of which they were very much aware.

Posted on: 2009/7/24 20:46

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/8 19:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
FULOP should be mayor. The city council is full of old guard GHETTO THUGS. I will be at the next city council meeting. I am over this bullshit city AND BUSINESS AS USUAL. ITS OVER.....OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW!!!

Posted on: 2009/7/24 20:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/18 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
As suggested by a prior post in this thread, this is the ideal time for Councilman Fulop to re-introduce the Redevelopment Pay-to-Play (Campaign Finance) ordinance that he proposed in January 2007. [The ordinance was originally crafted and requested by Civic JC, and presented by Dan Levin and Andrew Hubsch, who appeared before Municipal Council in June 2006.]

The (re)development crowd -- real estate developers, their lawyers, etc. -- is the single greatest source of local campaign dollars. And until tighter rules (and penalties) are in place, with increased transparency, that money will unduly influence the city's decisions about development: approvals, variances, abatements.

And only a Council-sponsored ordinance can address redevelopment law. So it's down to Fulop, and up to us, to seize the moment.

Posted on: 2009/7/24 18:34

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/30 17:43
Group:
Registered Users
No wonder the Healy team said Fulop wasnt a "team player" guess he didnt want to play for a team that has bribery and corruption as its organizing principles.

Posted on: 2009/7/24 18:11

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/24 16:46
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
This seems like a great time for Fulop to re-introduce his bill to end pay-to-play in JC. Maybe the rest of the council would be too afraid to vote against it this time since they're under such scrutiny.

Posted on: 2009/7/24 18:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with all of the above except the jersey journal. It can become a good if not great paper under the right direction. Go Fulop.......

Posted on: 2009/7/24 15:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/2 11:36
Group:
Registered Users
Third, Healy step aside for a new more progressive and honest Jersey City.

Fourth, all City Council members not be employed by the county or city as this creates conflicts of interest. Imagine defying your bosses orders when wearing another hat as city council member or even president?

Fifth, city workers, I believe, should not being intimidated into voting for sympathetic members to healy for the board of ed and any other electable position.

Sixth, city jobs, I beleive, should not be given out as awards for "good behavior".

Seventh, enact the recommendations put out by (I think) Newark Star Ledger Editorial Staff on abatements which includes not accepting political contributions from any developers receiving abatements. Abatements are no longer needed. Our city schools and children have suffered enough by the greed of these and probably many more alleged criminals.

Eighth, Shutdown the Jersey Journal, worse than Fox news during Bush, in my opinion. Support real journalism such as the Jersey City Independent.

Posted on: 2009/7/24 15:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/8 22:31
Group:
Registered Users
If there is a member of TEAM HEALY who is not corrupt they should do what is best for the people of Jersey City and draft Fulops resolutions and elect him City Council President!

Posted on: 2009/7/24 15:09

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017