Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
32 user(s) are online (26 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 4
Guests: 28

ilsalmi, user1111, Tino, Monroe, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Re: Parking Too Close to Crosswalks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Is there a way to file a complaint against a law enforcement officer in JC, similar to CCRB in NYC?

We need to start taking pictures and filing official complaints if we see cops in those spots.

The problem is, it's one more thing to do in an already busy life. It should not have to be our job to make sure city employees abide by the law.

Has anyone complained to Candace Osborne or the Mayor about this?

Posted on: 7/29 16:10
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Even if you made the fines upwards of $1,000.00, nothing will change. In the end, the worst abusers are cops, or their friends/relatives/spouses. As such, they are "untouchable" and the Parking Authority will not ticket them. I am always surprised/disappointed by all the cars you see parked illegally on the corners of 2nd and Newark, and Bay and Newark. Over on Bay, you have the Keyhole Bar, next to the JCFD fire station. Always cop cars, or cars with the police badges affixed to the windshield, parked illegally on the "no parking" white lines/zones.

Posted on: 7/29 14:36
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I likethe idea of the bike racks. SOmething needs to be done. THis is such a safetly hazard and people seem to have no regard for it. It makes me so angry. This should be a priority for the parkig authority. They should start giving out $1000 tickets for parking in these spots.

Posted on: 7/29 13:52
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
You know what's great for stopping this? Bike corrals, like they have in Hoboken.

Basically you put a bike rack in the street at curbside at the end of the block. Bikes can park there, and their small size and skeletal design allows drivers to see traffic approaching on cross streets (good), cars physically can't park there illegally (good), and cyclists get more parking (good).

It's all good!

Posted on: 7/29 13:12
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Or we could let the free market figure it out, and people can either pay for parking or get rid of their cars.

+1

Yes, because taxes aren't high enough and everyone in DTJC works a 9 to 5 job in NYC. In any case lets get back to reality and how about people be considerate of their neighbors and not park like selfish D-Bags?

Posted on: 7/29 10:03
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Or we could let the free market figure it out, and people can either pay for parking or get rid of their cars.

+1

Posted on: 7/29 9:22
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Not where you think. The obvious is not always.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
since a bulk of the cars parked at crosswalks downtown have "friends of JCPD" badges in the windshields, this won't escalate AT ALL.

I'd take photos of the badges that include the car plates plus their proximity to the crosswalk or other offence and post them here and send a copy to Fulop, your local councilman, cityhall and the media with a 'please explain'

I'd even call the JCPA and make a complaint and see what they do - A photo of them turning a blind eye would be gold !

JCPA won't do a thing. I watched them ticket a couple of cars for expired meters but not the car in front of them that was parked not only too close to the corner but in a crosswalk. The car belonged to a poplular police officer who lived on that street & was home sleeping.

Posted on: 7/29 7:18
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
since a bulk of the cars parked at crosswalks downtown have "friends of JCPD" badges in the windshields, this won't escalate AT ALL.

I'd take photos of the badges that include the car plates plus their proximity to the crosswalk or other offence and post them here and send a copy to Fulop, your local councilman, cityhall and the media with a 'please explain'

I'd even call the JCPA and make a complaint and see what they do - A photo of them turning a blind eye would be gold !

Posted on: 7/29 0:49
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Well this looks like the new trend of the month is spray painting cars, yeah that'll teach 'em. And those video cameras are junk.

Posted on: 7/28 21:19
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Well this looks like the new trend of the month is spray painting cars, yeah that'll teach 'em. And those video cameras are junk.

Posted on: 7/28 11:14
Get on your bikes and ride !
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Registered Users
Some people would say this reaction is extreme. Some...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/07/2 ... ing-out-bad-parking-jobs/

Posted on: 7/28 10:46
Print Top

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

blanquiita wrote:
I parked my car one morning after the street sweeper went through. I was the first car on that section of the block so I parked right up to the "No parking sign" so everyone could stagger behind me.

A women pulled up behind me but left a lot of space; just enough to fit maybe a Smart car. As she got out if her car I said she should move up so more cars could fit. And she replied, "But then my car won't be in front of my house."

Seriously?

Amazing. I've often wondered what goes through some people's heads when they do stupid stuff. Turns out it's as selfish and clueless as I had always guessed.

Posted on: 2012/10/17 14:15
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I've seen this happen before in the same neighborhood as vigilante. I parked my car one morning after the street sweeper went through. I was the first car on that section of the block so I parked right up to the "No parking sign" so everyone could stagger behind me.

A women pulled up behind me but left a lot of space; just enough to fit maybe a Smart car. As she got out if her car I said she should move up so more cars could fit. And she replied, "But then my car won't be in front of my house."

Seriously?

Posted on: 2012/10/16 6:52
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I sympathize Vigalante, but unless you saw them park you can't be sure that they were to blame, rather than the cars moving around them.

I have come back to my car to find it in a similar position on occasion.

Robin.

Posted on: 2012/10/16 0:17
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ripple wrote:
Having done some driving downtown lately (I'm 99.9% a pedestrian), the parking close to corners (let alone crosswalks) thing is totally out of control. There is no way to check for oncoming traffic at many intersections without at least partially pulling into the intersection.

It is absolutely ridiculous that Jersey City allows this situation to persist, and a lack of parking spots on the street is in no way a valid excuse for looking the other way on this issue.

Step 1: repaint the red curbs.

Step 2: recommunicate to the public exactly what the red curbs mean

Step 3: aggressive enforcement

Step 2a: recommunicate to the police exactly what the red curbs mean and enact a no tolerance policy. LEAD by example!

Posted on: 2011/6/14 15:04
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Having done some driving downtown lately (I'm 99.9% a pedestrian), the parking close to corners (let alone crosswalks) thing is totally out of control. There is no way to check for oncoming traffic at many intersections without at least partially pulling into the intersection.

It is absolutely ridiculous that Jersey City allows this situation to persist, and a lack of parking spots on the street is in no way a valid excuse for looking the other way on this issue.

Step 1: repaint the red curbs.

Step 2: recommunicate to the public exactly what the red curbs mean

Step 3: aggressive enforcement

Posted on: 2011/6/14 14:33
Print Top

Re: no parking in crosswalks? *wink*
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Too funny. I saw that NJ Transit bus & had a hard time making a turn because of it. Was very surprised no one was a the wheel too.
JCPD usually drives right past that stuff too even though like the pictures they park on the corners all the time.

Posted on: 2011/6/14 14:11
Print Top

Re: no parking in crosswalks? *wink*
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Here's one of my favorites, I've seen this numerous times from delivery vehicles too. The driver is not in his seat, he's in the back. Meanwhile anyone coming behind him to cross Coles has to be completely in the intersection before they can see oncoming traffic. It's a perfect setup for a t-bone.

Photobucket

Posted on: 2011/6/13 21:50
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
not to stir the pot any more .... but

I was told (when I was a student) that students are not required to change their plates/registration/addresses because its a temporary thing. This is possibly why the JCPA has to work with this bc a student could live in JC part of the year (ie sept - may) but legally be a resident of some other city/state etc. However your wife was told that she legally has to change (bc that is the rule when you move - you have 30 days to update your registration/insurance etc as to your new address)

Posted on: 2011/4/4 17:50
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Goodmorning JC_Downtownregular....

I like the debating, intelligent sparing about real topics with people who have an open mind.

Times here are changing, yes for the better! Im not beating you up but your here 7 years , Im here close to a half century. Ouch that hurt. The transformation has been incredible. In JC now , unless you go to different sections of the city , change is going to be harder for you to see. The people in charge are doing , what was done downtown 20 plus years ago, in other areas of the city. It takes time. I have no idea what street you live on but some of downtown wasnt the greatest of places , yes my family and I once lived there. I ll bet you wouldnt have lived here back then. It took the 20 plus years to change...Descisions made then have to be re thought and a new plan of attack has to come from that...

Heres one.... this is off the top of my head, since I was researching past practices of the PA, I found that they owned the lot where the BJs and Shoprite is. It was let go so cheap so the developers could invest and build. 20 plus years later , hind sight being 20/20 . Bad move. that could have made a great parking deck for the commuters . But back then , who knew.

Back then maybe the people in charge didnt have the ability to look that far in the future. That was just one decision from just one agency at one time made then that impacts now. It would be great to take that back but thats not happening. With the people in charge today , I see they have vision! Looking for ways to increase parking for all residents and visitors. Trying to , hate to say correct the descisions made back then because maybe the descisions made were the best they could do, so I will call it adjusting the descisions.

OH I understand about the certian cars get a ticket and some dont. Not to air others dirty laundry so I wont get into specifics but there was issues in another part of the city in regards to this. A friend called the JCPA CEO and explained her complaint The CEO sent someone in and summons were issued. We were both standing there. We were impressed. The ones who got tickets didnt complain about it, they sucked it up like men/women . People are being held accountable . Its better . Again it wont happen over night.

The people working to make this city better, I believe are trying . It takes time and im sorry to say change for some things , 7 years may be a stepping stone.

Posted on: 2011/4/4 4:00
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcresident0001 wrote:
JC_Downtownregular...

You must have gotten an A in Biology in school the way you dissect each of my answers. I believe that you dont want the right answers, just answers that will create controversy. I do understand that , it comes from frustration. I was the same way until i realized that it will get me "ZERO".

I like to call it debating. You raise points and I either agree or disagree and debate on a point by point basis. Am I looking for a right answer? No. Am I looking for a wrong answer? No. I am just giving you my point of view from my experience and my facts. Am I right and you wrong or vice versa? No. Do I want to stir controversy? No. Am I frustrated? Yes, at the unresponsive and contemptuous JC government. Am I actually trying to get influence change in JC policy and government this through this medium know as JCList? You've got to be kidding me. Do I, like so many other people, old timers and newcomers, come here to complain and vent full knowing that I will get responses ranging from sympathetic to outright disingenuous and uncalled for? Yes.

Quote:

I will leave you with the answer to your last experiment...
There have been and always will be people who will beat the system. Thats human nature. Also im sure there are special circumstances.

In December I was up on Central ave , as like you doing the permit thing when a young man came in and was being helped right next to me. He was on the phone, I believe with one of his parental units , as he was speaking with the JCPA rep. This man lived in JC but the vehicle , which was an out of stater, was registered to his parents. Meaning that he did live in JC (not sure what zone) but the vehicle belonged to his parents who are from another state. The man must have called before he got there because he had alot of documentation proving he lived there. If memory serves , he had a PSEG bill and a copy of lease. Yes they did give him a resident permit. So an out of state plate did get a residential permit.

Interestingly, when my wife moved to JC, her vehicle was registered to her parents, and she provided the deed for her residence and various bills. The JCPA would only give her a temp permit with 30-days to register the vehicle with the current address and the vehicle registered in her name.

Quote:

Are consessions made for some circumstances, yes. Do I think the JCPA/PD are "Out to get the resident"? I did, then I reaserched some things and found that thier job is preserving parking for the resident while making this city commuter friendly. That comes at a cost. Always have and always will. 30 years ago when it started ,who knew!!!

When they ticket resident vehicles at 6:30 AM and don't ticket the vehicle with a police shield in the windshield, yes they are out to get the resident and exhibit favoritism towards a fellow law enforcement officer over residents. Enforcement has recently had nothing to do with preserving parking and is all about increasing the money in the city's coffers. The JCPA and PD hide this new ticketing campaign under the guise of public safety, but the JCPA admitted to taking a hit when alternate side was canceled for two months and neither the JCPA or PD had such aggressive enforcement done before for the same violations. Only time will be the judge when we see if this steeped up enforcement continues when their pockets are overflowing.

Quote:

You stated that you are here 7 years correct? You got here after the downtown section had gone through its change from a section full of broken down buildings, boarded up factories and empty lots to the "West Gold Coast" we have now . And you, as a tax payer and a resident want the whole thing fixed to your liking over night. Sorry pal not happening. It takes time . Yes I a lifer of JC , they will probably plant me in the cemetary on Garfield ave when my time comes. Im very proud to make that statement. I understand what it takes to make changes ,some do some dont .

I never asked for changes. I am just pointing out discrepancies in policy and enforcement and just would like some consistency across the board. Believe you me, I know more about trying to implement changes in government than I would care to know. Let's just call it an occupational hazard for me.

Quote:

Im sure all these complaints and rants ,when people talk in thier own circles, start with the topic of "Government Corruption" . Its easy to do . Am I happy with my taxes going up ? No But I remember, you dont, when taxes didnt go up at all for years!! The beautiful brownstones downtown were dirt cheap!! They were giving them away! Now that JC is "The place to live" , Its gonna cost you!!

I have no problem paying my fair share of taxes and I am happy for you when taxes didn't go up for years. I don't appreciate my taxes going up 333% in 7 years and getting lousy services in the form of policing, education, waste management, infrastructure, and non transparent corrupt government.

Quote:

Im going to get off my soap box now and leave you with this last statement. People who want to crank up the masses with assumptions just make things worse.

Have a great day

I am not cranking up with the masses. As I have said these are my personal experiences. Maybe if so many people are "cranking up" with the same bad experiences it is actually JC that is making things worse for the residents. Are there people out there with a sense of entitlement? You bet. Are there people that like the status quo? You bet.

Posted on: 2011/4/3 18:37
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
JC_Downtownregular...

You must have gotten an A in Biology in school the way you dissect each of my answers. I believe that you dont want the right answers, just answers that will create controversy. I do understand that , it comes from frustration. I was the same way until i realized that it will get me "ZERO".

I will leave you with the answer to your last experiment...
There have been and always will be people who will beat the system. Thats human nature. Also im sure there are special circumstances.

In December I was up on Central ave , as like you doing the permit thing when a young man came in and was being helped right next to me. He was on the phone, I believe with one of his parental units , as he was speaking with the JCPA rep. This man lived in JC but the vehicle , which was an out of stater, was registered to his parents. Meaning that he did live in JC (not sure what zone) but the vehicle belonged to his parents who are from another state. The man must have called before he got there because he had alot of documentation proving he lived there. If memory serves , he had a PSEG bill and a copy of lease. Yes they did give him a resident permit. So an out of state plate did get a residential permit.

Are consessions made for some circumstances, yes. Do I think the JCPA/PD are "Out to get the resident"? I did, then I reaserched some things and found that thier job is preserving parking for the resident while making this city commuter friendly. That comes at a cost. Always have and always will. 30 years ago when it started ,who knew!!!

You stated that you are here 7 years correct? You got here after the downtown section had gone through its change from a section full of broken down buildings, boarded up factories and empty lots to the "West Gold Coast" we have now . And you, as a tax payer and a resident want the whole thing fixed to your liking over night. Sorry pal not happening. It takes time . Yes I a lifer of JC , they will probably plant me in the cemetary on Garfield ave when my time comes. Im very proud to make that statement. I understand what it takes to make changes ,some do some dont .

Im sure all these complaints and rants ,when people talk in thier own circles, start with the topic of "Government Corruption" . Its easy to do . Am I happy with my taxes going up ? No But I remember, you dont, when taxes didnt go up at all for years!! The beautiful brownstones downtown were dirt cheap!! They were giving them away! Now that JC is "The place to live" , Its gonna cost you!!

Im going to get off my soap box now and leave you with this last statement. People who want to crank up the masses with assumptions just make things worse.

Have a great day

Posted on: 2011/4/3 4:50
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcresident0001 wrote:
The amount of out of staters would be alot less on the weekends You would be surprised how many people commute into the city from out of state to work. I can see your wheels turning from here. Your saying....Public Transportation to get to JC.... right.. I agree but what I see downtown and all over the city during the day is out of staters 10 to 1 weekdays to weekends

Theyr is a Non Resident permit for out of staters . They have to show proof of employment in JC , then they pay 300.00 per year.

Ok, somehow I don't think that the owners of the KY or NY vehicles with the permits for Zone 5 of all places work here. They are more than likely residents.

Also, just what states are these people traveling great lengths from to park illegally in NJ? NYC folks that work in JC won't want to hazard the traffic of Manhattan to get into JC. CT folks wouldn't either. Pennsylvania types typically take the Martz buses. And the cars I see with the NH and ME plates probably aren't commuters either.

What I find in the mornings and find more believable are other JC residents from other parts of JC and NJ state residents from outside of JC parking downtown and hopping on the PATH into NYC. I don't think that the great influx of vehicles with NJ tags in the morning in Zone 5 that disappear by the time I get home from work belong to residents and they certainly don't belong to employees at the waterfront.

Posted on: 2011/4/2 22:19
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
The amount of out of staters would be alot less on the weekends You would be surprised how many people commute into the city from out of state to work. I can see your wheels turning from here. Your saying....Public Transportation to get to JC.... right.. I agree but what I see downtown and all over the city during the day is out of staters 10 to 1 weekdays to weekends

Theyr is a Non Resident permit for out of staters . They have to show proof of employment in JC , then they pay 300.00 per year.

Posted on: 2011/4/2 21:30
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcresident0001 wrote:
8 out of state plates on a saturday isnt alot? 8 on a short walk to the store isnt alot??? Serious? what about the rest of the area? You want numbers , give me a bit of time. Are you in JC during the day weekdays? I ll bet you its 10 times that amount between Grand st and 9th from Marin Blvd to the water. If you ever want to take a ride around on a weekday just let me know... Id take a day off for that tour.

Like I said, I would actually expect an increase in weekends. And two of those eight cars with out of state plates have resident parking permits. How does a KY and a NY registered vehicle get a resident permit? And yes the license on the permit matched the license on the vehicle.

Posted on: 2011/4/2 13:27
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Real quick,,, court date rescheduel , new court date , cant make it can it be next week..... on and on ... The 2 tickets are it just tickets with ticket dates and then the BOOT. Quicker easier and fair.

The ex CEO who was fired booted wrongly yes, thats why he s the EX CEO. The new CEO has to clean up the messes he left like giving money back for wrongly booted vehicles, 4 to 5 year old lawsuits equiptment bought and placed in the wrong places and things like that. I believe she is doing a good job considering it seems like putting out fires have been first and foremost, yes with much more to do.

8 out of state plates on a saturday isnt alot? 8 on a short walk to the store isnt alot??? Serious? what about the rest of the area? You want numbers , give me a bit of time. Are you in JC during the day weekdays? I ll bet you its 10 times that amount between Grand st and 9th from Marin Blvd to the water. If you ever want to take a ride around on a weekday just let me know... Id take a day off for that tour.

Im not trying to win anyone over I just state facts as I get them . This was stuck in my craw for years . Like I said I probably paid for some of thier equiptment with what they have hit me in the past that is why i WANT the RIGHT answers and I try to pass them along.

Posted on: 2011/4/2 12:59
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcresident0001 wrote:
JC_Downtownregular....

Goodmorning... The first time booting is ONLY done in Reserve Permit spaces , Resident Only spaces I believe they are Zones by the Light rail and colleges.
Non issue.. Do you have any idea how much money is outstanding with the out of staters!! There is an outstanding debt of Scofflaw in JC of almost 10 million!!!!!! The only ones that can get picked out are the Jersey Residents . Out of staters get a pass. Thats fair ? They use this state to park without care and we pay. Sorry pal, that is a Big issue.

The change in the Ordinance is instead of (3) FTAs then the boot, it would be (2) outstanding tickets then boot . Thats outstanding from the court dates. A much faster process. The Out of staters are subject to those rules because the JCPA can keep track of the dates the tickets are issued and can tell by thier records without going through DMV. The (3) FTA process could take months , 3 months plus. The (2) outstanding tickets process is weeks. Again sorry, another Huge issue.

Also the Out of state vehicles with permits are purchased by the owner of the vehicle AFTER proving that the owner works in JC. The cost of that permit is $300.00.

Im sorry again my friend , take a good look during the day there are more out of state plates then you think.

I hope this explains what the issues are and why they need to be addressed/changed .

No, booting was done on a first violation basis for many years up until recently. My sister-in-law's ex-boyfriend was parked on Jersey Ave and was booted after his first offense. It was probably because he had NY plates and the JCPA thought it was an easy target. I'd have to do some searching around the threads but I know other people had been booted on their first violation. Wasn't the JCPA ordered to reimburse the boot fee for those that were improperly booted?

On my way back from doing laundry, I took a quick notice of how many out of state cars are packed in a five block area around my part of downtown. It is the weekend so I would expect a greater number of out-of-state vehicles here. I counted 8 cars with non-NJ plates and two of them, one with a KY plate and one with a NY plate, had resident parking permits that expire sometime in the next eight months. I would bet that these cars belong to residents and not non-JC residents that work here.

Again, I don't see this huge number of out-of-state vehicles parked in downtown. Maybe if the JCPA could provide numbers in the form of a study rather than conjecture of how many out-of-state vehicles are actually illegally parked, as as well as how many within state vehicles that are illegally parked, I would give this notion of millions of dollars lost some more credibilty.

I don't understand how a 3 FTA violations takes month and a 2 FTA process takes weeks.

So you still haven't won me over with this being a big issue rather than the JCPA going down rabbit holes.

Posted on: 2011/4/2 12:42
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
JC_Downtownregular....

Goodmorning... The first time booting is ONLY done in Reserve Permit spaces , Resident Only spaces I believe they are Zones by the Light rail and colleges.
Non issue.. Do you have any idea how much money is outstanding with the out of staters!! There is an outstanding debt of Scofflaw in JC of almost 10 million!!!!!! The only ones that can get picked out are the Jersey Residents . Out of staters get a pass. Thats fair ? They use this state to park without care and we pay. Sorry pal, that is a Big issue.

The change in the Ordinance is instead of (3) FTAs then the boot, it would be (2) outstanding tickets then boot . Thats outstanding from the court dates. A much faster process. The Out of staters are subject to those rules because the JCPA can keep track of the dates the tickets are issued and can tell by thier records without going through DMV. The (3) FTA process could take months , 3 months plus. The (2) outstanding tickets process is weeks. Again sorry, another Huge issue.

Also the Out of state vehicles with permits are purchased by the owner of the vehicle AFTER proving that the owner works in JC. The cost of that permit is $300.00.

Im sorry again my friend , take a good look during the day there are more out of state plates then you think.

I hope this explains what the issues are and why they need to be addressed/changed .

Posted on: 2011/4/2 9:52
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_DowntownRegular wrote:
Quote:

jklm wrote:

Jersey City has to give up some portion of the revenue from state and federal violations (too close to hydrant and also too close to stop sign or curb).

Pardon my ignorance, but exactly what parking violations violate federal law?

I really find it unnecessary to get into specifics - I was just stating what I had heard, I can't cite regulations from google searches nor do I care to debate this point. The point is that Jersey City does not collect all the money from parking violations.
But there are federal guidelines behind some practices, but whatever.

Posted on: 2011/4/2 2:29
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jklm wrote:
Quote:

JC_DowntownRegular wrote:
Quote:

jklm wrote:

Jersey City has to give up some portion of the revenue from state and federal violations (too close to hydrant and also too close to stop sign or curb).

Pardon my ignorance, but exactly what parking violations violate federal law?

http://www.ehow.com/about_5396723_fed ... andicap-parking-laws.html

From CRS Report for Congress Federal Law on Parking Privileges for Persons with Disabilities

"State law generally governs parking privileges for people with disabilities. However, federal regulations offer a uniform system of parking privileges, which includes model definitions and rules regarding license plates and placards, parking and parking space design, and interstate reciprocity. The federal government encourages states to adopt this uniform system. As a result, most states have incorporated at least some aspects of the uniform regulations into their handicapped parking laws."

From briefly skimming the report and your link, I don't see a federal parking law. The federal government has a set of regulations and guidelines that states can adopt, but there is no federal law or any CFR that specifically indicates that someone can receive a ticket for improperly parking in a handicapped space. Those are laws developed by states and local municipalities.

Posted on: 2011/4/2 0:56
Print Top

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2014