Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: "Sing to Win" contest gives people a shot at fame - June 16 at Newport Centre in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Note to self: Do not go anywhere near Newport Mall on June 16th.

Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
3 from Morris closer to fame
Each reaches finals in singing contest at Rockaway Townsquare

Daily record
By KATELYN FARAGO
STAFF WRITER

ROCKAWAY TWP. ? Morris Hills High School student Anamaria Angel was one of 28 aspiring singers who belted it out in the Rockaway Townsquare Mall Tuesday in the hopes of winning the opportunity to record an original song written by multiplatinum, Grammy-nominated songwriter and producer Rob Fusari.

Angel, a 16-year-old Rockaway resident, sang the Celine Dion hit "When I Need You" and was then chosen as one of 10 semifinalists, each of whom was asked to sing Elton John's "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me."

"I'm very shy off stage, but when I'm on stage, I feel like a totally different person," she said. "I like reaching out to people."

The Rockaway Township audition was the first of five for the "Sing to Win" competition, which is being sponsored by 95.5 WPLJ-FM and Simon Property3 Group malls. Angel and two other Morris County hopefuls ? David Marin of the Kenvil section of Roxbury, and David Badano of Parsippany ? were chosen to go on to the July 14 finale at the Rockaway Townsquare, where they will compete against the top three finalists from four other Simon malls.

The purpose of the "Sing to Win" competition is to give people in the community a shot at fame and fortune, according to Joe "Monkey Boy" Pardavila, executive producer of the Morning Show on 95.5 WPLJ and the host for the auditions.
However, don't expect the kind of critiques made on "American Idol." Pardavila said there will be no Simon Cowell on the judging panel.

The judges for Tuesday's audition included Deb Warren, a songwriter and Simon employee; Josh Sarubin, who has worked in A&R at Columbia Records, Arista Records and Island Def Jam Recordings; and Rob Fusari, a songwriter and producer who has worked with artists like Lady Gaga, Destiny's Child and the Jonas Brothers.

The remaining "Sing to Win" auditions will be held June 9 at the Livingston Mall, June 16 at Newport Centre in Jersey City, June 23 at the Menlo Park Mall in Edison and June 30 at the Ocean County Mall in Toms River. Singers between the ages
of 16 and 26 are eligible, but those under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The finale will be held 5:30 p.m. July 14 at the Rockaway Townsquare Mall.

Katelyn Farago: 973-428-6630; kfarago@gannett.com

Posted on: 2009/6/5 3:25

"Sing to Win" contest gives people a shot at fame - June 16 at Newport Centre in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
3 from Morris closer to fame
Each reaches finals in singing contest at Rockaway Townsquare

Daily record
By KATELYN FARAGO
STAFF WRITER

ROCKAWAY TWP. ? Morris Hills High School student Anamaria Angel was one of 28 aspiring singers who belted it out in the Rockaway Townsquare Mall Tuesday in the hopes of winning the opportunity to record an original song written by multiplatinum, Grammy-nominated songwriter and producer Rob Fusari.

Angel, a 16-year-old Rockaway resident, sang the Celine Dion hit "When I Need You" and was then chosen as one of 10 semifinalists, each of whom was asked to sing Elton John's "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me."

"I'm very shy off stage, but when I'm on stage, I feel like a totally different person," she said. "I like reaching out to people."

The Rockaway Township audition was the first of five for the "Sing to Win" competition, which is being sponsored by 95.5 WPLJ-FM and Simon Property3 Group malls. Angel and two other Morris County hopefuls ? David Marin of the Kenvil section of Roxbury, and David Badano of Parsippany ? were chosen to go on to the July 14 finale at the Rockaway Townsquare, where they will compete against the top three finalists from four other Simon malls.

The purpose of the "Sing to Win" competition is to give people in the community a shot at fame and fortune, according to Joe "Monkey Boy" Pardavila, executive producer of the Morning Show on 95.5 WPLJ and the host for the auditions.
However, don't expect the kind of critiques made on "American Idol." Pardavila said there will be no Simon Cowell on the judging panel.

The judges for Tuesday's audition included Deb Warren, a songwriter and Simon employee; Josh Sarubin, who has worked in A&R at Columbia Records, Arista Records and Island Def Jam Recordings; and Rob Fusari, a songwriter and producer who has worked with artists like Lady Gaga, Destiny's Child and the Jonas Brothers.

The remaining "Sing to Win" auditions will be held June 9 at the Livingston Mall, June 16 at Newport Centre in Jersey City, June 23 at the Menlo Park Mall in Edison and June 30 at the Ocean County Mall in Toms River. Singers between the ages
of 16 and 26 are eligible, but those under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The finale will be held 5:30 p.m. July 14 at the Rockaway Townsquare Mall.

Katelyn Farago: 973-428-6630; kfarago@gannett.com

Posted on: 2009/6/4 11:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017