Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
156 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 156

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Exchange Place Gunfire Injures Two
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
So sad to hear that the victim died.

That's all I got. It's just sad.

Posted on: 2009/6/15 21:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Dragon:

I doubt you will understand the relevance of this quote, but here goes anyway:

"It is better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Posted on: 2009/6/15 19:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 23:23
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
It was a rhetorical question. And very sloppy reporting as no person has yet to be accused of being the shooter. If they are charging an unknown "John Doe" until an arrest is made, then the reporter should just say so.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/05/12/99-grammar/

Posted on: 2009/6/15 19:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/3 0:37
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
It was a rhetorical question. And very sloppy reporting as no person has yet to be accused of being the shooter. If they are charging an unknown "John Doe" until an arrest is made, then the reporter should just say so.

FWIW, I had zero problem understanding the particulars in the JJ story the first time I read it.

Posted on: 2009/6/15 19:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/6/15 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
Do they have the shooter in custody or not?

No, they don't have the shooter - they have Terrell who is charged with conspiracy to commit murder and aggravated assault...

"...charges against the person who is accused of shooting him have been upgraded from attempted murder to murder...Terrell Sandifer, 23, of Bayview Avenue, was arrested on May 28 and charged with conspiracy to commit murder and aggravated assault in connection with the incident...Sandifer, who is not believed to be the shooter, is currently being held at Hudson County Jail in lieu of $1 million bail..."

Posted on: 2009/6/15 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
I think the writer of this article needs to make up his mind. In the first paragraph, the police are asking for help finding the shooter. In the third paragraph, the charges against the person accused of the shooting have been upgraded to murder.

Do they have the shooter in custody or not?

Posted on: 2009/6/15 14:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Man dies a month after shooting

Monday, June 15, 2009
By TOM SHORTELL
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A 19-year-old shot at Exchange Place in Jersey City last month died from his injuries Friday night and police are asking the public to help locate his killer.

Shawn Huff, 19, of Montgomery Street, was shot six times in front of 90 Hudson St. at 2 a.m. May 23 after a fight, said Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio.

Huff died Friday and the charges against the person who is accused of shooting him have been upgraded from attempted murder to murder, officials said.

A 20-year-old who was with Huff was shot in the leg and has since recovered, officials said.

Terrell Sandifer, 23, of Bayview Avenue, was arrested on May 28 and charged with conspiracy to commit murder and aggravated assault in connection with the incident.

Sandifer, who is not believed to be the shooter, is currently being held at Hudson County Jail in lieu of $1 million bail, DeFazio said.

The two victims and two friends were in front of 70 Hudson St. when they said they heard shots and started running. They told police they did not see where the shots came from. "They have not been fully cooperative," Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said about the group. "We would appreciate any help that could be provided. Now that it's a homicide, I would hope people would realize the gravity of the situation."

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the Hudson County Homicide Squad at (201) 915-1345.

Posted on: 2009/6/15 13:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:
oh and - I did not direct retarded towards you.... I happen to value your opinion on this board Jenny

It's mutual.

Posted on: 2009/6/2 16:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
Greenville Chick

I'm sorry that you witnessed such a horrible crime. I hope you are ok.

Can you give me more details on exactly what happened? Did you know the person that was shot?

Posted on: 2009/6/2 3:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
oh and - I did not direct retarded towards you.... I happen to value your opinion on this board Jenny

Posted on: 2009/6/1 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
That was a whole lot to address in one post but suffice to say that I AGREE WITH YOU about horrible stuff sometimes just happening by accident. I just don't believe it in this case. And it's irrelevant to me if it happened downtown or Greenville or whatever. Stop contributing to that madness. It's still my town and it's still hateful.

Posted on: 2009/6/1 15:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
IT WASNT SECOND HAND INFORMATION - The guy shot in the ANKLE was right next to me.....

The kids yes were too old for the prom but their friends who are only a year or two younger were not....

Like I said if you want to blame someone blame the shooter... not the ones who got shot... it is possible to be at the wrong place at the wrong time... it happens... now say someone from "downtown" was hanging out at the piers... taking pictures or drinking a latte or whatever it is that yall do.... and they got shot... Im sure this thread would be SOOOOOOOOOOO much different because surely the kids from GVILLE all have a good enough reason to get shot they couldnt possible be doing anything innocent right cause were all monsters???... give me a break

Posted on: 2009/6/1 15:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Did anyone actually get the information on the area these kids were from so we can talk about that?

Posted on: 2009/6/1 3:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 23:23
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

regulator wrote:
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
G-chick, no offense but that is the most pathetic thing I have ever read. Innocent fun? HE GOT SHOT.

When did that become ok?

The fact that it was a post-prom thing makes it even more pathetic and sad...and these guys seem sort of old for the prom.

no offense, but g-chick never said that the shooting was innocent fun. maybe reading comprehension isn't my strong suit, but it was pretty clear to me what she intended to say.

Same here, I understood exactly what she was trying to say.

I was on the Iron Monkey rooftop looking over when the shooting "popped off" my date was from out of town and of course was alarmed. I was amazed how fast the police response was, I was telling her how they would never show up this quickly in any other part of JC. I also told her that it would most likely show up on JC list (looky looky). Then predicted the usual response would be from the "downtowners". Complaining about how the victims were not from the area. This is Jersey City, these kids are more then likely born and raised, they should NOT be limited to one part of the city just because Downtown is gentrified and doesn't want their presence. If people from Greenville want to hang out at the piers (I know I did when I was in my teens), so be it. The only person responsible for that gun going off is the shooter, the location plays no part.

On another note, I'm glad the police and the EMS responded so quickly, thanks to them no one died. Great job.

Posted on: 2009/5/31 17:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

regulator wrote:
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
G-chick, no offense but that is the most pathetic thing I have ever read. Innocent fun? HE GOT SHOT.

When did that become ok?

The fact that it was a post-prom thing makes it even more pathetic and sad...and these guys seem sort of old for the prom.

no offense, but g-chick never said that the shooting was innocent fun. maybe reading comprehension isn't my strong suit, but it was pretty clear to me what she intended to say.

Yes, what she intended to say is (hopefully) different than what she did say, which was "you can hear everything... it was actually innocent fun, kids went down to the waterfront after the prom... an argument ensued and someone popped off....."

And then she called a couple of us "retarded" for taking what she wrote as it reads. Mean.

In any case, giving a second-hand story based on what was heard in the ER is tricky like that. No mention of this being post-prom in the news, either.

I like $1 million cash bail though. Punks.

Posted on: 2009/5/30 22:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
I have to agree with mwa, that nobody really considers the other side of the Turnpike to be Downtown. It may be the "official" designation, but in look and feel (plus the fact that it's separated by a friggin' highway), in my opinion, it's really not Downtown. Also the Holland Gardens is "technically" downtown, on 16th Street, but who the hell really considers that to be Downtown? I'd bet that 50-75% of "Downtown Crime" occurs in or near these 2 projects that are "technically" downtown...but nobody really considers them to be Downtown.

Funny how downtowners consider themselves to be the 6th borough but do not consider the projects as theirs!

Posted on: 2009/5/30 21:38
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:

When did that become ok?

Posted on: 2009/5/30 18:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
I have to agree with mwa, that nobody really considers the other side of the Turnpike to be Downtown. It may be the "official" designation, but in look and feel (plus the fact that it's separated by a friggin' highway), in my opinion, it's really not Downtown. Also the Holland Gardens is "technically" downtown, on 16th Street, but who the hell really considers that to be Downtown? I'd bet that 50-75% of "Downtown Crime" occurs in or near these 2 projects that are "technically" downtown...but nobody really considers them to be Downtown.

i think that hoboken is technically part of the heights. i mean we're just separated by a measly cliff and we even have an elevator to get us down there.

also i think the west side of manhattan , while technically new york, should be considered nj as well. and really.. greenville is technically part of jc, but they're closer to bayonne anyway and no one really considers them part of the real jc.

Posted on: 2009/5/30 18:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/18 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
Charged in shootings at Exchange Pl.
Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Jersey City man has been charged in the shooting of two men last week at Exchange Place -- putting six slugs into one of them -- and his bail was set at $1 million cash only yesterday, authorities said.

Terell Sandifer, 23, of Bayview Avenue, was arrested on Thursday at the corner of Martin Luther King Drive and Bayview Avenue by Jersey City police and charged with conspiracy to commit murder and aggravated assault, Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Timothy Moriarty said.

At about 2 a.m. last Saturday, the 19-year-old Montgomery Street victim and 20-year-old Bayside Terrace victim were hanging out with friends outside 70 Hudson St. when gunfire erupted, reports said.

The men ran, but the 19-year-old was shot twice in the ankle and also in the abdomen, upper left thigh, upper left buttock and upper right back outside 90 Hudson St., reports said.

The 20-year-old was shot once in the left leg, reports said.

Police are still looking for others thought to be involved in the shooting, said Moriarty, adding that the motive for the shooting is still unknown.

Sandifer is being housed at the Hudson County jail in Kearny. His bail was set by Superior Court Judge Michael Raven, Moriarty said.

Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to call the Jersey City Police Department tip line at (201) 547-5245.

Posted on: 2009/5/30 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:
I am aware of the comstat #'s as well, I was just referring to the past week, I know that everyone love to include Montgomery projects in downtown but for all intents and purposes Downtown ends at the highway.

Somebody has there numbers wrong check out this map

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009 ... e_map_details_08_hud.html

I don't get what the point of the map is? Yes the Heights had a few more murders then Downtown in 2008. The year before that Downtown had two more then the Heights. I don't get your point that doesn't change my stats in any way. The fact remains other then burglaries there is more crime Downtown then the Heights. Which you didn't believe to be true.

As far as the border I believe we had that discussion already in the past so if it helps you sleep better at night, then believe what you want. At the end of the day the city is still going to have its original borders.

We'll see what happens in the next five years. My money is on Downtown.

I agree that one day Downtown could become the safest area of the city I never said it couldn't, just that it isn't. It might take more time it might take less.

Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

Lol.....How does nobody consider it Downtown? I'm sure since you have only lived in this city for a short time I know more people then you from here and 98% would agree with me. Why don't you ask the residents of those areas where they live?

Also how does it not look and feel like Downtown? The way those areas look and feel is how Newport and much of the waterfront was before being developed. I am sure if those areas were were bulldozed and condos, parks and brownstones were there you would not consider it a different neighborhood. I don't get why the turnpike would make a difference. The embankment when it had the bridges didn't stop people from calling the Hamilton Park area part of Downtown.

This is what it looked like around Avalon Cove and the Trump building, does the "look and feel" change what part of the city this is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aPY0fgfPuM

As far as 50-75% crime coming from those areas I have to disagree. They are hot spots but Downtown has more then just those areas that contribute to the crime.

Check it out for your self if you don't believe me. You can no longer type in addresses so just go to quick zoom go click Ferris and make sure its set to 50 results then go through each crime category and see what side of the Turnpike 50-75% land. To do the same with 16th st click Cordero P.S. #37.
http://www.starledger.com/str/indexpage/crime/neighborhood4.asp

Posted on: 2009/5/27 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

I've never see "Downtown" come up so much in a paragraph, im just busting balls

Posted on: 2009/5/27 18:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:
I am aware of the comstat #'s as well, I was just referring to the past week, I know that everyone love to include Montgomery projects in downtown but for all intents and purposes Downtown ends at the highway.

I don't get what the point of the map is? Yes the Heights had a few more murders then Downtown in 2008. The year before that Downtown had two more then the Heights. I don't get your point that doesn't change my stats in any way. The fact remains other then burglaries there is more crime Downtown then the Heights. Which you didn't believe to be true.

As far as the border I believe we had that discussion already in the past so if it helps you sleep better at night, then believe what you want. At the end of the day the city is still going to have its original borders.

Leave it to beaver to defend the honor of his Heights neighborhood again.

Posted on: 2009/5/27 17:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/5/27 16:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:

We'll see what happens in the next five years. My money is on Downtown.

Posted on: 2009/5/27 16:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:

Posted on: 2009/5/27 15:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:
Actually no one was murdered....

they are still alive.

I'm not sure if your comment was directed at me but the 3 murders in the stats have nothing to do with the shooting at the piers I know they are alive. If that is what you were referring to?

Do you know if the one that was critical is pulling through or is he in pretty much the same condition?

Posted on: 2009/5/27 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:

they are still alive.

Imagine that!

Posted on: 2009/5/27 15:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users

they are still alive.

Posted on: 2009/5/27 15:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/5/27 11:10

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact