Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Just wanted to thank the garbage men for the 6am wake up call this morning.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jcnight wrote:
Can my 5 pound chihuahua watch, and can you guys do this at the same time that the garbage is being picked up just to add a bit more drama.......... Geesh....... This thread is going to the dogs pretty darn fast

I just Love messing with Hippo-Crates.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 22:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Can my 5 pound chihuahua watch, and can you guys do this at the same time that the garbage is being picked up just to add a bit more drama.......... Geesh....... This thread is going to the dogs pretty darn fast

Posted on: 2009/5/10 22:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jaah37 wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Eleanor_A wrote:
I live on 8th Street, right across from Hamilton Park. I work nights and don't get home until an hour before they start work. HOW DARE THEY interrupt my sleep! Who do I compalin to?

It just is. Suck it up or move to the 'burbs.

I have decided that you are right. Some things should be chalked up to "city living". I just don't want to see you same people bitching when I let my dogs off leash in the new Hamilton Park. Hey, don't like it? Move to the "burbs".

I agree. I have a 65lb pit bull I'm going to let off leash too. He like some dogs, greatly dislikes others. Wonder whats going to happen when our dogs meet snout to snout? Should be alot of fun!!!

Mine weighs 66lbs. Bring It.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 22:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Eleanor_A wrote:
I live on 8th Street, right across from Hamilton Park. I work nights and don't get home until an hour before they start work. HOW DARE THEY interrupt my sleep! Who do I compalin to?

I have decided that you are right. Some things should be chalked up to "city living". I just don't want to see you same people bitching when I let my dogs off leash in the new Hamilton Park. Hey, don't like it? Move to the "burbs".

I agree. I have a 65lb pit bull I'm going to let off leash too. He like some dogs, greatly dislikes others. Wonder whats going to happen when our dogs meet snout to snout? Should be alot of fun!!!

Posted on: 2009/5/10 22:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
oh boy here we go................. i just heared the bell go DING.............

Posted on: 2009/5/10 22:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Eleanor_A wrote:

Posted on: 2009/5/10 22:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/12 19:35
From PH
Group:
Registered Users
This whole debate already happened here:

JCLIST- Trash collection moves to nighttime

The point is that the collection was moved because for whatever reason, the benefits of moving it to nighttime outweighed the reasons to leave it during the day.

Trash trucks don't just block commuters - they block ambulances, fire trucks, police cars, school buses.

The noise from the trucks really is minimal. I live across the street from a huge construction site. I don't get any say in what time they start banging away and blowing their air horn in the morning. It's far louder than the trash trucks AND it's 5 days a week.

Do I hate it? Yes, but this is city life- take it or leave it.

I just tell myself it could be worse. I could live in the SUBURBS.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
phew!!!

Posted on: 2009/5/10 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Quote:

linky wrote:
First of all JC is not the big city as compared to any large city. I'm sorry but we ARE a suburb of NYC as is any place located within 15 miles of NYC, but we are NOT the big city. Maybe if we did things like the BIG CITY we could call ourselves a big city.

You need to get into a car and drive Southwest, Northwest, and South. Maybe then you will see that it's not all Paulus Hook.

And I used to drive around this city(of 1/4 million people, most of whom never even go to NY) to get to work in the mornings. The garbage trucks made the rest of the "city" a traffic nightmare.

We ain't no suburb. That's just mean.

We're the second largest city in the state and we have not a single attribute of a suburb.

(This has nothing to do with garbage but I couldn't let such a hateful thing just go unremarked upon. Carry on.)

My apologies. I messed up when I was trying to quote JC downtown regular. Although the first paragraph is not quoted, they are the words of JC downtown regular, not me.

I'm horrified that anyone might think I said that JC is a suburb of New York. I was arguing against that as for obvious reasons. And, yes, it is mean.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 12:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2009/5/10 1:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
These are not sex toys - They are earplugs

Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/5/9 22:14
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:
"None of you"? It's obvious that I have been consistent on the noise issue. And I might say, right.

Ok, fair enough, Vig. (May I call you "Vig"?)

Just seems like some here will complain about anything....

Complain about the conditions of the roads and then complain about not being able to park while they are getting paved.

Clamor to get the park renovated and then complain that it's closed during the work.

All that sort of thing.....

Posted on: 2009/5/9 15:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

icechute wrote:
Quote:
Please read this and then eat your words.

No can do.....

The words I'd be eating are my own as I was the one who started that thread.

Nice try though....

"None of you"? It's obvious that I have been consistent on the noise issue. And I might say, right.

Posted on: 2009/5/9 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:
Please read this and then eat your words.

No can do.....

The words I'd be eating are my own as I was the one who started that thread.

Nice try though....

Posted on: 2009/5/9 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

icechute wrote:
Quote:
Get a green garbage truck and it'll be quieter. The offense isn't the garbageman or the garbage... it's the truck noises.

And yet none of you have a problem when the Fresh Direct truck idles for 15 minutes with the super-loud compressor running to bring you whatever green-organic-free-range item is in fashion that week....

But it is a huge problem for some of you when the garbage truck comes to pick up the mountains of cardboard FD packs their stuff in.

Amazing!

Please read this.

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... id=154431#forumpost154431

Posted on: 2009/5/9 14:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:
Get a green garbage truck and it'll be quieter. The offense isn't the garbageman or the garbage... it's the truck noises.

And yet none of you have a problem when the Fresh Direct truck idles for 15 minutes with the super-loud compressor running to bring you whatever green-organic-free-range item is in fashion that week....

But it is a huge problem for some of you when the garbage truck comes to pick up the mountains of cardboard FD packs their stuff in.

Amazing!

Posted on: 2009/5/9 14:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/30 19:58
From Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City is actually classified as a part of "New York Metropolitan area"

see here!

Posted on: 2009/5/9 13:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
If we're a suburb, then Brooklyn is a suburb. As for garbage pickup, it's no quieter in the real suburbs. Plus you get incessant lawnmowers and leafblowers.

Posted on: 2009/5/9 13:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

linky wrote:
First of all JC is not the big city as compared to any large city. I'm sorry but we ARE a suburb of NYC as is any place located within 15 miles of NYC, but we are NOT the big city. Maybe if we did things like the BIG CITY we could call ourselves a big city.

You need to get into a car and drive Southwest, Northwest, and South. Maybe then you will see that it's not all Paulus Hook.

And I used to drive around this city(of 1/4 million people, most of whom never even go to NY) to get to work in the mornings. The garbage trucks made the rest of the "city" a traffic nightmare.

We ain't no suburb. That's just mean.

We're the second largest city in the state and we have not a single attribute of a suburb.

(This has nothing to do with garbage but I couldn't let such a hateful thing just go unremarked upon. Carry on.)

Posted on: 2009/5/9 12:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

linky wrote:

Quote:

jsqjc wrote:
That may be true, but let's face it, if garbage was to be collected during the day, you'd still see "ugh those garbagem en and their big stupid trucks continously block traffic"

Don't assume I live in Paulus Hook because I don't.

I drive northwest every day. Yup about 80 miles west-northwest every day.

When the garbage trucks were picking up garbage at 6 am regularly, I would either wait behind them until they got to the end of the block if I was in no rush, or just go down another street. Don't try to argue that we can alter our routes when we are going somewhere or that we can't choose another route because they are no other routes. Then I'd think you are arguing that we live in the boonies where when you get stuck behind a school bus picking up kids at 7 am you have no alternate route because there IS only one way to get somewhere and you have to sit in about a 1/2 miles worth of traffic in both directions.

Posted on: 2009/5/9 11:18
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/5/9 10:45
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/5/9 10:27

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/23 23:26
Group:
Registered Users
That may be true, but let's face it, if garbage was to be collected during the day, you'd still see "ugh those garbagem en and their big stupid trucks continously block traffic"

Posted on: 2009/5/9 2:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I like how some people on this thread reason that loud trucks and garbagemen in the middle of the night is acceptable but a slight traffic delay during the day is not. Another "big city living" argument that holds no water.

Posted on: 2009/5/9 2:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Somalia reference = jumping the shark.

Sheesh.

Posted on: 2009/5/9 1:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Guess he told me.

Posted on: 2009/5/9 0:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcnight wrote:
Children on sidewalks, cars,buses,dogs cats,etc. a road less traveled is safer no one gets hurt, and that seems to be late at night

Ummm.....no. I was born and raised in NYC. Garbage was collected early in the evenings or after rush hour in the morning. I don't recall any children, cars, buses, dogs, cats, etc. being hurt and/or damaged by garbage collection.

For the comment of get used to living in the city.....ummm shut the f*** up. I am more than used to living in the city and getting garbage picked up in the middle of the night is unreasonable. I am tired of the "this is how things are done in the big city" mentality. First of all JC is not the big city as compared to any large city. I'm sorry but we ARE a suburb of NYC as is any place located within 15 miles of NYC, but we are NOT the big city. Maybe if we did things like the BIG CITY we could call ourselves a big city.

Garbage is collected during reasonable hours in other CITIES - aka the big cities - so Jersey CITY can do it as well.

*sigh* I don't need this after a long week of work and into my sixth vodka.

And by the by, why are we contracting out this service. let's do this like the big city and collect it ourselves. We must be paying up the yazoo with having to pay a contractor to pick up our garbage. And I can barely call what they do as picking up the garbage as the garbage ends up on the sidewalk and all over the street. What a waste of taxpayer dollars. Hmmmm....sounds like a common theme with me.

Posted on: 2009/5/8 23:34
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Blame Detroit and Washington: no new internal combustion (diesel) engine technology "in more than" 100 years.

"In America, innovation eats you."

Posted on: 2009/5/8 23:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/31 18:13
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
san francisco (where we moved from) picks up garbage at night also.

i wonder if it's a function of the particular crew working in a certain area. the garbage collectors here (near st. peter's) are amazingly quiet. i never ever hear them, even when i'm watching tv on the ground floor fifteen feet and one window pane away from the curb. maybe (like in most professions) there are some conscientious folks and some who are not so conscientious.

i like the night time collection, but it doesn't disturb me, so i don't have an insomniac's axe to grind with it. i do know that i have very little tolerance for things that stand between me and sleepyland.

Posted on: 2009/5/8 23:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:
I bet you that even Somalia provides some form of garbage pickup and that it is done at a time convenient for the citizenry.

Somalia picks up the trash during the day.... they used to do it at night, but the pirates 'complained'.

And what a stupid thread this is....

Posted on: 2009/5/8 22:58

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017