Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Mayoral Candidate Threads
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
good point Jen.
I laughed when i read what Manzo wrote because it reminded me of Jimmy on Seinfeild where the guy always talks in the third person.That was definitly from the manzo camp,just not from lou himself.

Posted on: 2009/4/9 11:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Is there any way to confirm that the people posting as candidates (like LouManzo) are in fact the candidate or an official representative and not some goofball?

Posted on: 2009/4/9 4:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know where I can view the recent mayoral debates online? You-tube link or something?

Posted on: 2009/4/8 22:48

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/4 15:48
Group:
Registered Users
I don't like the 50 post minimum to post in the mayor candidate threads, since it gives me an incentive to spam with trite messages.

But my biggest complaint is the "positive comments only" restriction. Political campaigns are not cheerleading contests. Having an honest dialog where politicians are pressed on their unpopular or poor decisions, potential conflicts of interest, and flawed campaign promises is intensely useful. Life is not all roses. You can't please everyone, let's not try to pretend that's how things work. I completely understand that the webmaster wants to avoid donaldj "So, have you stopped beating your wife yet?" style trolling, but cutting off all criticism makes the the threads barely worth reading for me.

Posted on: 2009/4/8 18:53

Mayoral Candidate Threads
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/12 9:14
From Jersey City,nj
Group:
Registered Users
I would like to encourage everyone to post their positive thoughts on the various mayoral candidates.The webmaster has provided the sites for discussion to do that and the parameters to follow.I would suggest that the webmaster help to keep these sites active so that the readers can review the various ideas offered on all candidates and no one favored candidate dominates the board.

What would also be helpful was if the candidates posted information about themselves so those who get alot of their info off the List had a chance to see their bio,positions,etc...

Posted on: 2009/4/8 16:40

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017