Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Dan Levin for Mayor
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/31 0:26
Group:
Registered Users
I voted for Dan.

Good luck.

Posted on: 2009/5/13 0:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I saw Dan with what I assume were his kids at the voting booth this morning. Just like the Paparazzi.

Posted on: 2009/5/12 16:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/25 16:16
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
+1
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
DanL (Dan Levin)

I have known you for most of my Jersey City life and from one long time member ot JCList to another. I wanted to say out loud what I've said to you privately. I'm very proud to know you. As a friend, I wish you the best of luck. You really caught me of guard when you decided to run and kudos to you for doing it.

Congrats to all of you for working so hard, see you later : )

[snip] .

Posted on: 2009/5/12 12:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
DanL (Dan Levin)

I have known you for most of my Jersey City life and from one long time member ot JCList to another. I wanted to say out loud what I've said to you privately. I'm very proud to know you. As a friend, I wish you the best of luck. You really caught me of guard when you decided to run and kudos to you for doing it.

Congrats to all of you for working so hard, see you later : )

ps
OMG..I totally have a crush on AH. He is so nice, smart and is such a hottie .

Posted on: 2009/5/12 11:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/8 14:23
Group:
Registered Users
Don't forget to vote tomorrow!
I'm voting for someone who is going to bring fair politics to Jersey City.

I'm voting for Dan Levin and the One Jersey City candidates.

Thanks for coming out to West Side Avenue yesterday and meeting my mom! She really enjoyed meeting everyone.

Posted on: 2009/5/12 2:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/10 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
There's one overriding issue in tomorrow's election - changing the status quo of palm greasing and pocket lining, double dipping and dozing at the wheel. If Jersey City hopes to get on top of the many problems it faces, its culture must change.
One of the lessons of last year?s national elections is that change is possible ? maybe even inevitable. The city?s challenges can?t keep piling up without new policy. Some of these problems have been around for a long time and, like the flu, have mutated and require new cures. Old and tired ideas aren?t solutions ? they?re just old and tired words.
The candidates who counter crime, fix schools, promote sustainable development and fight congestion with new ideas will get my vote. I don?t care if an incumbent or newcomer has it, but the city needs a new way forward ? beginning now.
Dan Levin and his ticket and incumbent Steve Fulop in Ward E are these candidates.

Posted on: 2009/5/11 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
He's got my vote. GO LEVIN

Posted on: 2009/5/11 1:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Any vote NOT FOR HEALY gets us closer to forcing a run off. That's a good thing.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 19:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Going to vote for him, even though sadly, I'm pretty sure he's going to lose.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 17:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
On Tuesday the voters of Jersey City are going to have a unique opportunity to bring actual "change" to our city goverment. By electing Dan Levin we can change the culture and attitude in City Hall. We can a have a leader who owes no favors and who can work for all citizens. Like a bad football team we are in need of a new coach, new blood that will bring fresh insight and help us find the best we have to offer. Like a football team many of the players will be the same but they will learn a new game and a new approach. And like veteran players they will have strong opinions but I have no doubt they will learn to respect and admire what new leadership can bring to any organization. Jersey City can a have a new day, a breath of fresh air and a bright, promising future. Please vote Dan Levin on Tuesday. Shake it up Jersey City. Thanks :).

Posted on: 2009/5/10 15:09

candidate's statement
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/16 21:05
Group:
Registered Users
I am running for mayor of Jersey City because I want to prepare our city for a future that works for us and for our children. As a husband, father, homeowner, small business owner, and your neighbor, I want to bring a clear, commonsense vision and sound management approaches to solve our problems and build upon our opportunities.

We face tremendous challenges ? starting with the unacceptable level and increasing fear of crime. Our sewers are crumbling; other environmental issues are not being addressed. In spite of a development boom of historic proportions, government spending, long-term tax abatements and rising school funding obligations mean that tax revenues fall short of expenses. Poorly planned, unsustainable development benefits a few without providing the jobs our residents need.

Our local government is dysfunctional and dominated by self-serving special interests. Many of our elected and appointed officials, as well as other mayoral and council candidates, are current or former city, county, or board of education employees. Owing to conflicts of interest, pay-to-play practices, patronage, cronyism, and lack of a strong ethical standards code, the career politicians do not represent the general public and fail time and time again to serve your interests. Instead, government should lead by example.

We can only solve our problems and face our challenges if the people of Jersey City participate in making the decisions and are truly represented in their own local government. It is time that we change politics-as-usual. Government should work for you.

We are a city of unique neighborhoods, each of which contributes to a diverse city. If managed properly, this city can be safe, financially sound, and provide a sustainable quality of life for its residents. We must come together as ONE Jersey City.

My experience as a small business owner, banking manager, community organizer, and leader provide me with the skills, insight, and understanding to listen to people, evaluate policy alternatives, and collaborate and build consensus to move our city forward. Over years, through participation in hundreds of community, government, and public meetings, I understand the importance of ensuring the public a voice in their own government. I am not a career politician.

Together with your support, I will BRING BACK community policing and cops on the beat, CREATE and IMPLEMENT a financial master plan, END double dipping, BAN campaign contributions in city offices, REQUIRE developers to disclose campaign contributions, ENACT a strict ethical standards code modeled on the state?s code, IMPLEMENT a formal and open process for citizens to apply for positions on municipal boards, commissions, and authorities, ACTIVATE the non-functioning Environmental Commission, STOP the Parking Authority from booting cars on the first ticket, and ENSURE fair and just code enforcement for cleaner streets.

I will SERVE the public interest, not special interests.

Sincerely,

Daniel Levin
Candidate for Mayor of Jersey City
onejerseycity.org

Posted on: 2009/5/9 3:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
I went to the last Fun(d)raiser this past week at Lex Leonard\'s Gallery and it was terrific! I met and spoke with not only the OneJerseyCity.org candidates but also several running for the April 21st JCBOE (Jersey City Board of Education)election (polls open from 2-9PM) including Tom Wilen. Tom Wilen has 3 children who all go to JC Public Schools, Heacches pro-bono at PACE, NYU, Sacred Heart and Fordham. He graduated from the Busines School of the University of Helsinki in Finland, and has executive education from Harvard, Stanford, Northwestern and the Center for Creative Leadership in Colorado Springs. In addition, to has managed companies with more than 2000 employees and turned around failing enterprises. Tom, and his family have lived here in JC for five years. My friend I brought to meet the candidates, had a great time, speaking with most and then introduced to Tom Wilen; she enjoyed speaking with Tom in Swedish, dancing and enjoying the excellent jazz presented by the Alex Stein Quartet. Now Tom Wilen is the kind of person I think deserving to serve on our JCBOE and is typical of the persons associated with the OneJerseyCity.org Candidates. I'm looking forward to the April 22nd Fundraiser below! Tris McCall is not only an excellent writer, blogger, and analyst of local politicians, he is a superb musician, singer-songwriter and acerbic commentator through some of his lyric writing. If you know Tris\'s work enough said, but if you don't you need to be at this OneJerseyCity.org Fund(d)raiser! Hear are some of Tris McCall's links: Stompbox http://stompbox.trismccall.net/ Demo club http://www.trismccall.net/democlub.htm new home demo every Tuesday & Friday The Tris McCall Report http://www.trismccall.net/ I'm also interested to hear architect and urban designer, Carmi Bee talk about the Jersey City Master Plan project he worked on and the Super 8mm film shot for that project and film footage of 60's JC. This is going to be one fun time, and educational about Jersey City as well as an excellent opportunity to meet, talk with and support the OneJerseyCity.org candidates. Hope to meet some of you that evening!
April 22nd: One JC Fun(d)aiser with Tris McCall and Carmi BeeResized Image
Support One Jersey City and the one and only Tris McCall- Jersey City writer, singer, songwriter and musician- as he performs songs inspired by local life and politics. Described on the blog Mister Snitch as: ?a Griller of local pols, intrepid reporter, troublemaker, champion of small merchants. The plugged-in, Internet-era muse of Jersey City, and by his own reckoning, ?a real nasty man???we can?t wait to see what Tris has in store! We will also host architect and urban designer, Carmi Bee (Fellow of the American Institute of Architects) who will talk about the Jersey City Master Plan project he worked on as graduate student under the direction of architect Michael Graves at Princeton University. He will present Super 8 film footage shot as part of that project, and give us a rare glimpse of 1960?s Jersey City (underscored by a pretty wicked period soundtrack!).
Wednesday, April 22nd: 7 pm to 9pm at Jordan?s Lounge, 247 Newark Ave.
Cash Bar. Light snacks provided. Come on in and share the love (or just meet the candidates)- One Jersey City! Suggested contribution $25; however, a contribution of any amount helps us get our message out. Contributions made by check (payable to ?Levin for Mayor?) or through our website ( OneJerseyCity.org) are preferable.

Posted on: 2009/4/16 20:05
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I've known Dan several years, his kids and mine play together at HP. He certainly has the right ideas and I will vote for him.

Posted on: 2009/4/15 15:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/7 16:42
Group:
Registered Users
Good luck tonight. I may vote for Dan. We need change.

Posted on: 2009/4/13 12:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/10 4:17
Group:
Registered Users
We need someone to work on Policy as Dan has demonstrated and not on Politics as we continue to see even on the backs of those to whom this current administration is obliged. We still have Reliable Recylcing and PPG lobbying OUR reps while the people are given less rights and access than the corporations who sponsor them. Any objective person would agree.

Posted on: 2009/4/10 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
At this stage of the game, Dan looks like getting my vote, but I am wanting to hear more about his vision and business plan for this city.

Posted on: 2009/4/10 1:50
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/8 14:23
Group:
Registered Users
I've known Dan through the Harsimus Cove Neighborhood Association since 2004. He and the group were very proactive in keeping a developer in check and in working with the Embankment Preservation Coalition. I was impressed and learned a lot from Dan in community organization.

As a member, I've watched him propose cleaning up Jersey City politics with CIVIC JC which I secretly laughed at the idea to myself. Now that's it's 2009, I've joined his quest. I still get a lot of smiles from my homegrown JC friends when I tell them about cleaning up Jersey City politics. But there have been so many changes already in New Jersey that I do believe that it can be done in Jersey City. And I'm happy to hear that my "west side" friends feel the same. They've checked out the one jersey city campaign and really like what they see.

Oh...and in as much as he's a downtowner, his wife is JC homegrown. I often joke, that I was in "downtown" before it became "downtown" and Dan was also here before the "hoopla" of downtown came about.

Another important thing to mention is that Dan is car-free and one can see the entire family walking everywhere if not biking. Wouldn't it be nice to have a Mayor who actually believes in urban green space?

Though I'm quite impressed in the hits that this post gets, I'm just as impressed seeing Dan, Andrew, and Emilio talking and connecting to people on West Side Avenue. They're smart people with solid ideas. I don't need imaginary numbers and fantastical ideas. I like the when Andrew has papers that he pulls out to show real numbers and where the city can save money.

If you're interested in hearing more check out the "Get Out the Vote Rally" Monday, April 13th
7:00-9:00 p.m.
Lex Leonard Gallery
2nd floor
143 Christopher Columbus Drive (at Barrow Street)

Thanks!

Posted on: 2009/4/10 1:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/12 9:14
From Jersey City,nj
Group:
Registered Users
My impression of Levin is that he is a very intelligent man with alot of good ideas.Looks like he has a bright future in JC.

Posted on: 2009/4/8 15:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 14:49
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
impressions are not fact, just stating mine.

i hope the guy sticks around, this city could use more like him.

ps. i'm in the heights, and i'm hoping we have our own fulop in the works- will know more after the next debate.

Posted on: 2009/4/6 20:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ErinMaiden wrote:
i was very impressed w/ him at the debate in the heights last week, but someone saying, "if everyone in downtown votes for him" kind of highlighted my one thing about him...there's more to JC than downtown, and i felt that he will do well there, but not so much in the other areas.

I think he has some great ideas and i truly did trust what he said, which is pretty impressive when i'm talking about a candidate. i just hope he's in it for the long haul, b/c i honestly don't think he'll be able to take down the machine this time, but maybe next time....

Dan Levin is in no way a "downtown" candidate. He totally understands the need to be inclusive of all of Jersey City. It is true that some candidates are much more popular on their home turf. Our point man right now is Steve Fulop. Fulop will get in the mayors face on all issues. He represents downtown, the mayor represents ALL of Jersey City.

Posted on: 2009/4/6 20:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 14:49
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
i was very impressed w/ him at the debate in the heights last week, but someone saying, "if everyone in downtown votes for him" kind of highlighted my one thing about him...there's more to JC than downtown, and i felt that he will do well there, but not so much in the other areas.

I think he has some great ideas and i truly did trust what he said, which is pretty impressive when i'm talking about a candidate. i just hope he's in it for the long haul, b/c i honestly don't think he'll be able to take down the machine this time, but maybe next time....

Posted on: 2009/4/6 16:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
If everyone downtown voted for Dan Levin it would send a strong Message to City Hall.I am telling all my friends and neighbors to vote
for Dan Levin.

Posted on: 2009/4/6 12:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I finally met Dan a couple of weeks ago. He truly has his heart in the right place. He had a lot to say and he understands it's an uphill battle. I was walking down 8th. Street the other evening around 6pm and there was Dan bicycling home from work. He's the real deal. One of us.

Posted on: 2009/4/5 16:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/20 23:56
From Bergen/Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
I also met Dan a few months back when he spoke at the school. We need new blood, new ideas, new leadership without the embarassing and very public situations we have witnessed in the past. It's time for a major spring cleaning.

Posted on: 2009/4/5 16:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
i met him at PS 6 downtown a couple of months back at a civic JC talk/meeting. the guy seemed to have his head on right and spoke intelligently enough about several key issues that he's worked on in the past. unfortunately, to beat the incumbent healy (whos backed by the HCDO) would require someone more of a game-changer than levin is. an obama-like character (not like obama's policies, but rather the type of person who inspires enough people to come out and vote), someone like booker in newark.

my guess is he finishes 4th this time around, but at least he'll get his name out there. if healy ever resigns, or if he decides not to run again next time out, i can see him doing much better (kinda like booker - took him 2 tries but eventually got the job done)

Posted on: 2009/4/5 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
I met him at a meeting for The Village. I truly think he has his head in the right place. He has my vote. The new era of change began last November and will continue in May.

Posted on: 2009/4/5 13:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
I was at the fun(d)raiser tonight for Dan Levin and the slate of candidates running with him on OneJerseyCity.com The event was held at St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church on Summit where candidate Emilio was baptized. The Church has commerative plaques honoring both his grandfather and grandmother and their antecedants who immigrated to Jersey City a hundred years ago. Emilio is a terrific candidate for Council Person At Large and hope he gets the support he deserves as well as the other excellent candidates who have excellent neighborhood activism in all their backgrounds.

It was a terrific evening and opportunity to meet the other candidates for Ward B and At Large Council Positions. Dan Levin and Emilio gave very stirrring and articulate speeches of why they were running and what they wanted to do with our help in Jersey City.

The evening was quite celebratory and as soon as I walked in I heard terrifc music, that had people dancing through the evening. The best though was when Nyugen played some Greek music and Emilio, his mother and many others joined in a terrific circle dance kicking their heels while holding arms around the dance floor. I see where my friend Emilio gets his dance genes from too! There was a terrific selection of lasagna, empanadas, pizza, salad and the best selection of wine I've ever seen at a political fundraiser. I saw friends I know from downtown, including candidates Dan Levin and his family, my neighbors, along with Andrew and his wife. I hated to leave but I wasn't going to miss UNC/Villanova even though I had missed the upset of Memphis State over Connecticut. All for a good cause.

A great evening with my neighbors, new acquaintances and old friends, that make up some of the best of Jersey City!

Posted on: 2009/4/5 5:33
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Dan Levin for Mayor
Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
You may?reply to this topic?if:1. You have?at least 50 prior posts
2. You post only legitimate,?sincere,?positive?facts and?opinion?about this candidate

This topic is?intended to promote this candidate and will be moderated.? All negative posts, complaints, criticisms, off topic posts, repetitive posts, non constructive posts, cut and paste advertising, and news articles not written by you?will be removed.
?

Posted on: 2009/4/5 2:19

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017