Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 154

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Crime is up, while arrests are down
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/30 3:40
Group:
Banned
Given that "Making Jersey City Safer" is Healy's top priority (his words, from his campaign website), and he has failed to live up to such billing, I think you will understand why so many of us Jersey City RESIDENTS are so outspoken about such subject.

For instance, crime offenses increased (+5%) when comparing calendar year 2008 over 2007, while arrests decreased (-5%) during such time. 2009 is not looking any better.

Posted on: 2009/4/5 12:22

Re: Manzo : I Will Not embrass you
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcecker wrote:
... this is still going to be a close election because the mayor has the MACHINE in his corner.

Really? I didn't know these guys were Healy supporters.
Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/4/4 16:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/12 9:14
From Jersey City,nj
Group:
Registered Users
The truth of the matter is that putting aside the "embarrasment" issue raised here and any reading of who supported who at this debate this is still going to be a close election because the mayor has the MACHINE in his corner.

Posted on: 2009/4/4 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 14:49
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
it seemed to me that those in attendance went heavily to levin/manzo, or perhaps it was only the manzanites that were willing to brave the rath of the moderator w/ the out of turn clapping.

levin impressed me, but i think he got the short end of the stick sitting in front of manzo. anything he said, manzo said w/ a bit more flare. it was obvious who the career politicians were, not necessarily a good thing. although if webb doesn't win, he has a career in voice over work.

Posted on: 2009/4/3 17:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/12 9:14
From Jersey City,nj
Group:
Registered Users
There was another debate yesterday sponsored by the Heights coalition which took place at Christa McAuliffe Elementary school.The news coverage of debate was posted by Grove Path under the thread "The Heights Coalition will host two candidate forums in preparation of May's municipal election".

I did not read anything regarding the I will not embarass you comment covered in this article by Journal staff writer Amy Sara Clark.

According to the article there was some type of survey after the debate,it does'nt say who did the survey but from the looks of the article I would think that it was the reporter.
The article says that those surveyed after the debate were most impressed by Manzo and Levin.Three people were quoted.Of the three people 2 had positive comments for Levin and 3 had positive comments for Manzo.I wonder if this is a microcosm of the public's feelings.

Posted on: 2009/4/3 17:10

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/11/25 14:47
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ErinMaiden wrote:
PBW
Also, don't forget your council people in this election. Its not just the mayor who can get things done or not, there is some new blood out there. Heights residents go to the next council debate on April 16th. I think some of this new blood might even be sick enough of this broken system to actually do something about. They deserve your ear and hopefully your vote.

I also attended undiecided and to my surprise learned a whole lot about the candidates. My list is now much much shorter because of this event.

Looking foward to the councilman forum. I wish it was next week.

Posted on: 2009/4/3 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 14:49
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
PBW
don't waste your time listening to anyone on this board about "their" candidate. Go check out the candidates in the debates for yourself.

Last night in the heights was pretty eye opening for me. I went in pretty clueless to the other candidates and came out w/ a clear view of my front runner. Since i'm not sure what matters to you, i won't bother "shilling" for my pick, you should make your own choice.

there are plenty of oppportunities out there to hear the candidates in their own words, i urge EVERYONE on this board to do so, b/c it is clear many people on this board have their own agenda, and it does not include helping you pick the best candidate for you.

Also, don't forget your council people in this election. Its not just the mayor who can get things done or not, there is some new blood out there. Heights residents go to the next council debate on April 16th. I think some of this new blood might even be sick enough of this broken system to actually do something about. They deserve your ear and hopefully your vote.

Posted on: 2009/4/3 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Chakotay wrote:
I guess it wasn't embarassing when your brother, Ron Manzo, was convicted of insider trading. I guess it wasn't embarassing when your other brother, Allen Manzo, ran against you in a Mayoral election. I guess it wasn't embarassing when your brother, Allen Manzo, assaulted a political foe with a tire iron.

Ah, life's little embarassments !

Notice that these embarassments are not anything that Manzo did to himself, unlike Healy. They were done by adults who happened to be related to him. Healy on the other hand, made the conscious choice for himself to drink too much on more than one occasion and it had its dire consequences. He also made the conscious choice to have his cousin transferred to the JCPD who in turn made the conscious choice to wind up committing a DWI that cost the life of a young child.

Manzo, on the other hand, had no control over one brother choosing to committ insider trading and another brother attacking somebody with a tire iron.

I am not a supporter of Manzo, still not sure who I will vote for next month, tonight's debate had little influence but I have eliminated Healy from my choices for certain. Good riddance to Jerry - you reap what you sow.

Posted on: 2009/4/3 4:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pilar wrote:
Lastly, what happens if you are out of town on a business trip during mayoral elections. Is there anything you can do?

http://www.hudsoncountyclerk.org/

There's an excruciating powerpoint on absentee ballots that may help. If not, give them a call.

Posted on: 2009/4/3 2:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MisterHeights wrote:
Found this article this morning about Lou Manzo's closing statement during the debate yesterday:
http://jerseychronicles.blogspot.com/ ... will-not-embrass-you.html

Quote: "... during a closing statement, Lou Manzo sent out a proverbial smack to the face of current mayor, Jeremiah Healy. In the last sentence of his closing statement Lou Manzo finished the debate by stating, "I promise the people of Jersey City, I will NOT embarrass you!"

I agree with Manzo. I'm tired of people laughing at our administration.

The irony.

Posted on: 2009/4/3 1:59

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/3 19:20
Group:
Registered Users
I know this may sound a little naive but it is really embarrassing to see just how blatant and unprincipled some of these politicians are, from Healey to Manzo. It's hard to see how any of them can be seen to affect any real change in our dilapidated system. It just seems like they are two heads of the same coin. I am not someone who involves themselves in city politics too often, I can't say I've never voted previously for any mayoral elections just because of how much more base city politicians seem to be. It always seems like a lost cause. I plan to inform myself independently about these candidates this time around however, because I remind myself how important it is to affect positive change on the local level. I'd be interested to hear the opinions of other jc list posters regarding this, not the ones that have obviously infiltrated this site on the timely cusp of these elections because frankly, it's a little sickening, but the ones that are planning to vote etc. Lastly, what happens if you are out of town on a business trip during mayoral elections. Is there anything you can do?

Posted on: 2009/4/2 18:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Does this mean Manzo is promising to always keep his pants on?

Posted on: 2009/4/2 18:12

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/8 1:15
Group:
Registered Users
Manzo is right, his fifth mayoral election loss will probably only embarrass himself.

Posted on: 2009/4/2 17:19

Manzo : I Will Not embrass you
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/4 2:56
Group:
Registered Users
Found this article this morning about Lou Manzo's closing statement during the debate yesterday:
http://jerseychronicles.blogspot.com/ ... will-not-embrass-you.html

Quote: "... during a closing statement, Lou Manzo sent out a proverbial smack to the face of current mayor, Jeremiah Healy. In the last sentence of his closing statement Lou Manzo finished the debate by stating, "I promise the people of Jersey City, I will NOT embarrass you!"

I agree with Manzo. I'm tired of people laughing at our administration.

Posted on: 2009/4/2 17:12

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017