Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: beware bad car dealers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
Everything sounds to me like the deal was in the final stages, but not sealed.

Resized Image
Nothin's over till it's over!

Posted on: 2009/4/26 21:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fasteddie wrote:
Quote:

jclxz wrote:

Not that I would trust any used car dealer in Jersey City, but I don't see anything that severe about the story here.

Someone who's such a bad negotiator that they started crying when negotiating to buy a car? And even complained that they're being treated more harshly in the negotiation because they're a woman?

If you think you might start crying when haggling over the price of something, go to a business where you don't have to haggle.

Did you read the original post? The car was bought, the deal was sealed. The dealer reneged on the sale because they (so they say) had the car up for sale on ebay at the same time they were trying selling it off the lot. They probably got a better price on ebay (maybe) so they screwed the walk-in buyer. They suck. They are used car dealers therefore they suck.

If the deal was sealed, the poster has the superior position and should not have felt like crying. They should have easily been able to get the agreed-upon deal or a better one, using the threat of the consequences of breaking a signed contract as leverage.

Everything sounds to me like the deal was in the final stages, but not sealed.

Posted on: 2009/4/26 20:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
It sounds like a classic bait and switch to me. I'm SURE there was no actual e-bay sale and he lowballed you so you would warm up to the car and then be willing to pay $1000 more. Bait and Switch is the bread and butter of unscrupulous used car salesmen.

I would be loathe to buy a used car from any of these Jersey City used car outlets...even their ADS reek of dishonesty. I have bought many used cars in the past but not in Hudson COunty.

BTW nothing about this place sounds like a REAL auction except the name.

Thank you for brining this shady joint to our attention.

Posted on: 2009/4/25 12:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
We just bought a car from NJ auto auction. Our experience wasn't bad and I think that we got a great deal on the car. We were nervous and at times the communication between us and the dealership was a bit weird but overall the guys were really nice. They tried to sell us an extended warranty we didn't go for and we're glad because the very next night on the news we heard that they are pretty much a scam. Not that the dealership is scamming but the third party warranty companies are.
I don't think I would 100% trust any used car seller private or not. The carfax report was available and free which helped. It also helps to have someone in the insurance industry in your family who can run the auto through their channels of info.
Well see how the car does but so far very happy with it and the price we got. We will bring it to the dealer to check it out.
Oh and it is NJ state law that any used car sold with less than 60,000 miles the dealer is required for 30 days after purchase to pay for half of any major engine or drivetrain repair if necessary, hopefully we don't get to find out about that.

Posted on: 2009/4/25 12:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
I'd also avoid Axis Auto Group outside the tunnel. they sold me a truck before they even had the pink slip to it and neglected to mention that it needed 1k+ in mechanical repairs.

Posted on: 2009/4/24 14:04

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/16 19:25
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the info. I'm in the market for a car and saw this company on ebay. My first impression was that they seemed sketchy and your post confirmed it.

Posted on: 2009/4/24 13:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jclxz wrote:

Not that I would trust any used car dealer in Jersey City, but I don't see anything that severe about the story here.

Someone who's such a bad negotiator that they started crying when negotiating to buy a car? And even complained that they're being treated more harshly in the negotiation because they're a woman?

If you think you might start crying when haggling over the price of something, go to a business where you don't have to haggle.

Did you read the original post? The car was bought, the deal was sealed. The dealer reneged on the sale because they (so they say) had the car up for sale on ebay at the same time they were trying selling it off the lot. They probably got a better price on ebay (maybe) so they screwed the walk-in buyer. They suck. They are used car dealers therefore they suck.

Posted on: 2009/4/24 2:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
In my 5 years on this site, I can't recall ever going after a local business by posting a bad experience. I just let it go, bring my business elsewhere and hopefully they get their act together. If I like the people, I will call them and let them know why they lost me as a customer. I?m not big on the bashing a small business even if they are clueless and missed the customer service 101 class.

However, this is where I draw the line. Today I noticed in our classified section that this company is trying to sell a car. IMO this thread needs to be bumped up.

Caveat Emptor

I think you should read her post again.

Posted on: 2009/4/24 2:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
New Jersey State Auto Auction on Sip Avenue is the WORST place to buy a car!!! They tried charging me like $100 just because I wanted to take a test drive before deciding on what car I wanted to buy. I told them to shove it up their ass & started to leave. They called me back & said THEY can take me on a test drive, I demanded I wanted to drive it.
Once I started to drive it, they said dont drive it to hard & no faster than like 25 or something stupid.
All they really have on the lot is trash salvaged from floods & something is always wrong. Their policy I think is AS IS!
Check Craigslist or ebay.
I have a nice Jag for sale if interested. PM ME. Im the 2nd owner!!!

Posted on: 2009/4/23 19:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
In my 5 years on this site, I can't recall ever going after a local business by posting a bad experience. I just let it go, bring my business elsewhere and hopefully they get their act together. If I like the people, I will call them and let them know why they lost me as a customer. I?m not big on the bashing a small business even if they are clueless and missed the customer service 101 class.

However, this is where I draw the line. Today I noticed in our classified section that this company is trying to sell a car. IMO this thread needs to be bumped up.

Caveat Emptor

Posted on: 2009/4/23 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users

Caveat Emptor

Posted on: 2009/4/23 2:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Did you sign a sales agreement that spelled out terms? Did you give a deposit?

Their web page says that "you can buy right off the lot or online at our ebay store. We get new inventory delivered almost everyday, so check back often."

The have an ebay store with 200 cars for sale.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/New-Jerse ... uto-Auction__W0QQ_armrsZ1

I myself would just buy a car privately -- off of craigslist and pay cash - look for one owner and highway miles - but you have to know a bit about cars -- Places like the NJ auto auction scare me!

Posted on: 2009/3/28 20:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/10 16:29
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/3/28 20:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
sullyx, that might not be a bad thing. Dont buy an used volvo, much less from a shady auction dealer. There are many safe cars out there now.

Posted on: 2009/3/27 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry to hear about that Sully! If you post the model number, color, etc of the Volvo those of us with Ebay accounts will be able to search completed ebay transactions to see if such a car was actually auctioned off, which I doubt.

Better Business Bureau complaint + small claims court (if you can prove that you lost money/ incurred fees - I doubt pain and suffering and time lost is enough) = revenge.

There may be state agencies that you may also be able to file a complaint with.

Good luck!

Posted on: 2009/3/27 17:48

beware bad car dealers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Horrible experience with New Jersey State Auto Auction on Sip Avenue...AVOID!

In the beginning, I was so happy to purchase my new Volvo from New Jersey State Auto Auction ([url]http://www.njstateauto.com/[/url]). It seemed to be a really good deal (below blue book) and the car had the ammenities I was searching for.

I worked with a salesman named Martin who set up an appointment with me to purchase the car and we agreed on a price. I told Martin that I would have a check from Chase for him at the appointment so that I could drive home with the car and he said that was perfect...and I would also get the registration and tags at that time. He had sent a copy of the title to Chase Auto Financing department and they set me up with a loan for the Volvo with specific VIN.

As I was closing on the loan and the friendly men at Chase were cutting me a check, Martin called to let me know the car had been sold (I forgot to mention I had also already purchased car insurance for the Volvo). When I told him I didn't understand how the car had been sold, he mentioned something about being sold on Ebay. When I asked him where the car was physically he said it was on the lot being prepped for delivery and that they could not give it to me. I am assuming they received more money for the car than we had agreed on. When I told Martin my predicament....that I already had a loan for the specific Volvo and a check made out to the Auto Auction (as well as insurance) he said he didn't know what he could do for me but that he was sorry and there are other cars. He told me about another Volvo they have in stock that is $1000 more expensive but they were willing to give me a break on it.

After telling him that I could not afford an extra thousand dollars for a car...he told ME I was not being flexible. As I sat in Chase Bank crying, feeling extremely violated, the manager at the Auto Auction, Jerry, called me to "see what he could do for me". I explained the situation to him and he said there was nothing he could do since the car had already been sold...he also talked to the loan closer at Chase who told him that we in fact had a copy of the title and the loan had been issued to me for that specific vehicle. Jerry was trying to convince Chase that we could "just switch" the VIN on the loan...which isn't really the process and as I mentioned, I was not willing to pay more money.

After telling Jerry I would not be doing business with him and that I felt taken advantage of (possibly because I am a woman) he laughed at me and asked if I was getting paid to say such things...and that if I wanted to come there to do business with "a mask over my head" I could do that. I didn't find that amusing at all. After all the time and energy I spent finding and financing a car, the whole deal fell from beneath me....only for me to be burdened. Jerry also mentioned that I could come to the lot and we could find another car (since they have over 400 cars) and they could finance me.

In a nutshell, these guys are scammers. They wanted to get more money from me, that is obvious...and they could care less about their customers. I advise you all to stay away!

Posted on: 2009/3/27 17:01
utterly deplorable

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017