Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Mayoral Candidate Lou Manzo gets named in the book "The Soprano State" NJ's culture of corrupti
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/14 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yahoo wrote:
At least he is persistent. Are you suggesting that because of previous losses Mayor Healy should run unopposed by any serious challenger?

Manzo is about as far from a serious challenger as you could get. Frank the Pizza Man would be a more serious challenger.

Posted on: 2009/2/24 17:01

Re: Mayoral Candidate Lou Manzo gets named in the book "The Soprano State" NJ's culture of corrupti
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
At least he is persistent. Are you suggesting that because of previous losses Mayor Healy should run unopposed by any serious challenger? Maybe we could have an election like Chavez in Venezuela would like and elect Mayor Healy for a life term. Could you imagine a life term for Mayor Healy with all of its accompanying scandals like corruption in the courts, crime through the roof especially violent crime, appointments of incompetents to key positions around the city based on their ability to consume alcohol, drunken out of town brawls with police officers and subsequent conviction and unsuccessful appeal, stolen sound amplification equipment from Dickinson HS recovered from Astor Bar garage, skyrocketing taxes and last but not least Mayor Healys denial and or reassignment of blame for all of the above. Sounds to me like Mayor Healy should have his own Chapter in the Sopranos. Mayor Healy should get back to work tracking down UFO debris. I dont think Jersey City can take four more years of Mayor Healy and his exploits.

Posted on: 2009/2/24 14:37

Re: Mayoral Candidate Lou Manzo gets named in the book "The Soprano State" NJ's culture of corruption

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/24 5:42
Group:
Registered Users
I read Manzo's comments today about Fulop on NJ.com.

Manzo is a liar, a fraud, and a phony hero. When we were down here 4 years ago fighting the machine that sellout made a deal to run for the Assembly with Charlie Epps.

The ticket was backed by none other than the HCDO. Manzo is no reformer. He is a McCannite who takes his ball and goes home whenever he doesn't get his way.

Bring it on Lou because we are going to crush you. Stay out of our ward and stop using us for political gain. You haven't done a thing for us and now you want to attack our Councilman?

You've got another thing coming.

Posted on: 2009/2/24 5:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

frenchmen wrote:
Supper furry read the book.Page 39 states that Lou Manzo was on Govt.list in the case but since everyone plead guilty before trial nothing more came of it.I did not mention his brother because he is not running for anything and so should be left out of the debate.

Bottom of page 39:
Louis Manzo was on the list, the list of potential witnesses. State Senator/party boss Ray Lesniak was also on the list.

Top of page 40:

"Beside Taffet, the SEC named...Ronald Manzo of Bayonne, who is brother of Louis Manzo, the legislator federal authorities said was not involved."

BTW, I think that Lou Manzo served effectively in the state assembly, but that doesn't mean I think he'd make a good mayor of JC.

Posted on: 2009/2/22 1:02

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/27 21:40
From city hall
Group:
Registered Users
Supper furry read the book.Page 39 states that Lou Manzo was on Govt.list in the case but since everyone plead guilty before trial nothing more came of it.I did not mention his brother because he is not running for anything and so should be left out of the debate.

Posted on: 2009/2/22 0:31

Re: Mayoral Candidate Lou Manzo gets named in the book "The Soprano State" NJ's culture of corruption
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

frenchmen wrote:
I bought the paperback version of the book "the soprano State
and on page 39 I found Lou Manzo being written about in connection with an insider trading scandal involving Ex Governor McGrevee and his chief of staff.This is a great book about all the different corruption scandals involving NJ politicians.

That being said ...

Ronald Manzo, Lou's brother, was convicted of insider trading. The book you reference mentions they were brothers, and did not accuse Lou of involvement. Your post is misleading.
http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/n ... _j__gov_s_ex-aide__s.html

That section of the book you refer to clearly states it was Ronald.
Look it up at: http://books.google.com - search for ""Ronald manzo" "insider trading"

Posted on: 2009/2/22 0:03

Mayoral Candidate Lou Manzo gets named in the book "The Soprano State" NJ's culture of corruption

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/27 21:40
From city hall
Group:
Registered Users
I bought the paperback version of the book "the soprano State
and on page 39 I found Lou Manzo being written about in connection with an insider trading scandal involving Ex Governor McGrevee and his chief of staff.This is a great book about all the different corruption scandals involving NJ politicians.

That being said we now have a choice between Healy,a nice guy but an incompetent mayor.Lou Manzo,who may or not be corrupt
.Harvey Smith who is better than the two above although his association with Gene Drayton is toxic.

I think Downtown should rally around Dan Levin.They say he can't win city wide but there are 27,000 registered voters in Ward E that could say different.

Posted on: 2009/2/21 23:46

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017