Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Political Stickers in Jersey City

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/9 13:52
Group:
Registered Users
Political stickers and posters have been used since for probably well over 60 years (at least) by politicians. I doubt if we're going to see any changes in that system anytime soon!

Posted on: 2009/3/2 14:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

frenchmen wrote:
I don't think this is even Lou Manzo who is posting.The lou i know hates computers and does not even have E-mail.This is probably
his PR person who has told him he must "go on jclist and let them see your one of them".Funny the Newbie above his name says it all.

Now that he is here lets ask him some Questions that do count downtown.
I will start:
Why as an assemblymen did you vote against the Same sex marriage proposal that was put forth.This affects me personally.Please answer.

What about the newbie above your name. Everybody has to start sometime.

Posted on: 2009/3/2 6:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/27 21:40
From city hall
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think this is even Lou Manzo who is posting.The lou i know hates computers and does not even have E-mail.This is probably
his PR person who has told him he must "go on jclist and let them see your one of them".Funny the Newbie above his name says it all.

Now that he is here lets ask him some Questions that do count downtown.
I will start:
Why as an assemblymen did you vote against the Same sex marriage proposal that was put forth.This affects me personally.Please answer.

Posted on: 2009/2/19 2:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/4 19:36
From McGinley Square / Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
He still hasn't cleaned up his stickers and signs from various previous campaigns (oh sorry, I mean "the stickers that his overzealous supporters and/or enemies have put up without his knowledge and/or financial backing" -- yeah right.) So I don't see him starting now.

I'll usually remove illegally posted signs and stickers, regardless of candidate or party, while walking to and from the PATH on my commute. I don't touch anything on private property, but street lights, power line poles, trees, etc are all fair game. A few years back one of his cronies verbally and almost physically threated me while I was pulling down his posters on JFK.

Posted on: 2009/2/18 22:23

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/23 17:02
From Wayne Street
Group:
Registered Users
Why don't you serve the city by cleaning the mess up?
I understand that you didn't make the mess, but it is your name up there and you are the recipient of both the bad will and good will in this situation.

Posted on: 2009/2/18 18:36

Political Stickers in Jersey City

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 17:46
Group:
Registered Users
Office of Louis Manzo
Mayoral Candidate

As a Mayoral candidate in the upcoming municipal election, I find it necessary to speak directly to the residents of downtown and other areas of our city in regard to an issue which causes me deep concern. Offensive stickers have begun to appear in public areas throughout the Ward E area as well as in some neighborhoods surrounding Journal Square in Ward C. Placed below these offensive postings are ?Manzo? stickers that could reasonably lead one to conclude that my campaign had somehow been responsible for the polluting of these neighborhoods with both of these political stickers.

I have served the people of Jersey City as your State Assemblyman for two terms in Trenton and in no way do I have a need to obtain name recognition in such an unseemly manner. In the 2004 special election for mayor my campaign was victimized by the same anonymous type postings of political stickers which displayed my name. At that time, these political stickers had been placed on all sorts of public property which neither I or my campaign had sanctioned. As in 2004 neither I nor my campaign condone or are responsible for the most recent defacing of public property with campaign these stickers. This is a political ploy which is being perpetrated by parties who insist upon hiding their identities. I look forward to seeing and speaking with as many of you as possible over the upcoming months about the serious issues which Jersey City will be facing over the coming four years.

Sincerely,
Louis Manzo

Posted on: 2009/2/18 17:57

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017