Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 134

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Man held at gunpoint in Paulus Hook yesterday?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Most burglaries & thefts to autos happen downtown where the best autos/parts are to be found or because we believe we are safe if we leave our valuables and GPS devices on the front seat or dashboard. While the robberies and other violent crime do in fact occur in Lafayette the point is that they are moving into our downtown area. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that there is more money to be had downtown than in the hood with the possible exception of robbing the drug dealers which could result in a serious case of lead poisoning. As the bad guys do a risk/reward assessment they will and have already begun to realize and redirect their activities to areas (i.e. downtown) where they can maximize their profits while taking the least risk. One need only read the local papers to see the trend toward conducting their activities downtown. Look at homicide 7th/Coles, Lite Rail area Robberies, Shooting at Newport Mall and in todays paper a robbery of an apartment resident at Second and Coles. Have a pleasant day.Quote:

stani wrote:
Quote:

Yahoo wrote:
Ice chute is right. The bad guys are going to where the money is not to rob in their own neighborhood unless the opportunity presents itself in their neighborhood. Otherwise the money and big scores for them are Downtown!Quote:

icechute wrote:
It's because this is the "good part" that this stuff is happening. The thugs know this is where the "good stuff" is and that the owner's of the "good stuff" aren't going to out up much resistance.

And the light rail has become a crime pipeline.

If that were the case, that would mean there are more robberies in places like Paulus Hook than places like Bergen Lafayette. I don't think so. The robberies in places like Paulus Hook are less frequent but more newsworthy (it appears).

Posted on: 2009/2/16 11:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 14:33
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yahoo wrote:
Ice chute is right. The bad guys are going to where the money is not to rob in their own neighborhood unless the opportunity presents itself in their neighborhood. Otherwise the money and big scores for them are Downtown!Quote:

icechute wrote:
It's because this is the "good part" that this stuff is happening. The thugs know this is where the "good stuff" is and that the owner's of the "good stuff" aren't going to out up much resistance.

If that were the case, that would mean there are more robberies in places like Paulus Hook than places like Bergen Lafayette. I don't think so. The robberies in places like Paulus Hook are less frequent but more newsworthy (it appears).

Posted on: 2009/2/13 15:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users

icechute wrote:

Posted on: 2009/2/13 11:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

linky wrote:
Yup. If we had a normal proactive police force they would be shaking down people on the Light Rail who are evading the fare, just like the cops did under Ray Kelly in NYC. They cut crime drastically and confiscated a lot of weapons just by arresting turnstile jumpers.

But then that was Ray Kelly in NYC.

I've seen them checking tickets three times this month alone. Considering I used to see them maybe once every three weeks, thats a big jump. I'll also point out that I use the Light Rail on average six times a week or so. So we're talking 3 in 10 vs 1 in 18.

Posted on: 2009/2/13 8:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
Yup. If we had a normal proactive police force they would be shaking down people on the Light Rail who are evading the fare, just like the cops did under Ray Kelly in NYC. They cut crime drastically and confiscated a lot of weapons just by arresting turnstile jumpers.

But then that was Ray Kelly in NYC.

Posted on: 2009/2/13 7:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/12 9:14
From Jersey City,nj
Group:
Registered Users
I and many people I have spoken to could'nt agree more.It is hard to imagine this guy continuing.

Posted on: 2009/2/13 4:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 18:21
Group:
Banned
Quote:

icechute wrote:

All this crime, regardless of the economy, good or bad, there is no excuse and hope this will lead to the current adm being voted out of office come may!

Posted on: 2009/2/12 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2009/2/12 13:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/8 19:40
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

xplanted wrote:
This is terrible. It's not even that late at night. Seemed that more and more of this is happening in the "good" parts of town.

The "good" parts of town? Crime doesn't discriminate. None of us are immune to it no matter where we live...

Posted on: 2009/2/12 6:09
www.ninasdogwalk.com

A positive attitude brings strength, energy and initiative.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/13 23:15
Group:
Registered Users
This is terrible. It's not even that late at night. Seemed that more and more of this is happening in the "good" parts of town.

Posted on: 2009/2/12 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/2 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
Midnight at Hudson & Essex a young man from NYC was held up at gunpoint by two thugs who took his stuff and ran along the light rail tracks to getaway.

Posted on: 2009/2/11 23:44

Man held at gunpoint in Paulus Hook yesterday?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/26 14:23
Group:
Registered Users
I came home from work today and found a note under my door from the property manager from where we lease (Windsor Liberty on Dudley Street) stating that yesterday at 11.30pm a man was held up at gun point in 'our area' and the police are looking for any info as they haven't got the person who did it yet! I was wondering if anyone knew where exactly this happened? Thanks...I'm a bit worried...

Posted on: 2009/2/11 23:35

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017