Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: The Village Neighborhood Association - Updates
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/14 4:37
Group:
Registered Users
Community Meeting Tuesday, December 8, 2009 Time: 7:30 pm Location: PS #5 (Please see the map below) www.jcvillage.org AGENDA 7:30 pm ? 7:45 pm Introductions Rob Crow President, The Village Neighborhood Association 7:45 pm ? 8:00 pm The City of Jersey City Tax Assessor Eduardo C. Toloza, CTA, Chief City Assessor Mr. Toloza will be on hand to discuss the tax appeal process and guidelines. There will be a short Q & A. 8:00 pm ? 8:10 pm 4th Street Ball at City Hall Mike McNamara As the lead organizer for The 4th Street Art & Music Festival, Mike will give a rundown of the upcoming "4th Street Ball at City Hall" slated for December 10th. 8:10 pm ? 8:15 pm VNA Bylaws Rob will briefly discuss the VNA bylaws, and how we are working with our neighboring associations. 8:15 pm - 8:20 pm The Village Park: Update Rob will provide a brief update regarding this intricate and ongoing project. 8:20 pm - 8:25 pm The VNA Holiday Toy Drive The VNA will be collecting toys for the Annual Holiday Toy Drive for the Jersey City Police Department, East District Annual Children?s Party. Please bring unwrapped toys to the meeting. 8:25 pm - 8:40 pm New Projects for 2010: Suggestion Box As we walk around our neighborhood, all of us have ideas about how things could be better. Why are things the way they are? More than likely, they are the way they are because YOU haven't tried to change them yet. As we look forward to 2010, this meeting is your opportunity to voice your ideas, organize with like-minded members, and turn your thoughts into actions. 8:40 pm ? 8:45 pm Coffee and treats with your neighbors Coffee donated by Starbucks! Baked Goods donated by Carmen Rosa's Bakery General Meeting Information: The Village Neighborhood Association holds their monthly meeting on the second Tuesday of the month in the Auditorium of the Dr. Michael Conti Public School (PS #5). Meetings begin at 7:30pm and are open to the public. Please use the school?s main entrance located on Merseles Street. Finding the school: The Village

Posted on: 2009/12/8 0:53

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 Time: 7:30 pm Location: PS #5 (Please see the map below) www.jcvillage.org AGENDA 7:30 pm ? 7:45 pm Introductions Rob Crow President, The Village Neighborhood Association 7:45 pm ? 8:00 pm The Jersey City Parking Authority David Weiss JCPA Representative David will be on hand to discuss some of the responsibilities and services the Parking Authority provides, as well as answer any of your parking-related questions. 8:00 pm ? 8:10 pm Newark Ave. Phase III: Update This is your first chance to view comprehensive plans for the Newark Avenue Phase III streetscape courtesy of John Mucha, P.E, Jersey City, Division of Engineering. Having just been submitted to the NJDOT this past Monday, these plans are truly HOT OFF THE PRESS! 8:10 pm ? 8:20 pm The Village Park: Update The winning concept drawings will again be on display, as well as full details about this intricate project involving the VNA, the City of Jersey City, GothamWest Devlopment, The Jersey City Parks Coalition, and the JC Landmarks Conservancy. 8:20 pm ? 8:30 pm The VNA Holiday Toy Drive Irene Barnaby VNA is joining forces with the Jersey City Police Department, East District, for the Annual Holiday Toy Drive for under-privileged children in the area. Please bring unwrapped toys to our December 8th meeting or feel free to drop them off Weichert Realtors, 273 Grove St (corner of Montgomery), open Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, Sat & Sun from 9am to 6pm. 8:30 pm ? 8:45 pm Open Discussion and Coffee Coffee donated by Starbucks! General Meeting Information: The Village Neighborhood Association holds their monthly meeting on the second Tuesday of the month in the Auditorium of the Dr. Michael Conti Public School (PS #5). Meetings begin at 7:30pm and are open to the public. Please use the school?s main entrance located on Merseles Street. Finding the school: The Village

Posted on: 2009/11/16 20:35

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Community Meeting Tonight: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 Time: 7:30 pm Location: PS #5 (Please see the map below) Where is the Village? AGENDA: 7:30 ? 7:45: INTRODUCTIONS AND ASSEMBLE 7:45 ? 8:00: FIRST STREET PARK: UPDATE Gotham West Development, owners of the building to the left of the park, discuss their project and the potential renovation of the park. 8:00 ? 8:10: THE VILLAGE MURAL: UPDATE After eight months, the Port Authority has finished their internal process to green light the project. We?ll discuss next steps. 8:10 ? 8:20: NEWARK AVENUE PHASE III: UPDATE Following the completion of the City?s application for federal funds to extend the Newark Avenue Redevelopment into the Village area, the process and the role of the VNA will be discussed. 8:20 ? 8:30: THE VILLAGE WEEKEND: UPDATE The what, where, when, and more importantly why, regarding our first-ever weekend event. 8:30 ? 8:40: BOARD OF DIRECTORS: ELECTIONS General Meeting Information: The Village Neighborhood Association holds their monthly meeting on the second Tuesday of the month in the Auditorium of the Dr. Michael Conti Public School (PS #5). Meetings begin at 7:30pm and are open to the public. Please use the school?s main entrance located on Merseles Street. Finding the school: The Village

Posted on: 2009/5/19 18:07

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/9 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stani wrote:
Quote:

nickie wrote:
Stani- I wish I could attend. I haven't been able to attend a single meeting all semester. I have graduate classes on Tuesday evenings and tonight I have my final exams. Unfortunately, I cannot miss those.

The next Captain's meeting is next Tuesday, April 28.

However, it does seem like the issue with the bars around there needs to be handled through political channels and not just the police. I suggest the neighborhood association invite Steve Fulop to come talk to them about what can be done, and/or someone from the Mayor's Action Bureau.

I totally agree! Please add -BARROW STREET BAR- to your list. The noise level, especially on weekends is unacceptable.

Bars are nothing but trouble for our neighborhoods - besides the noise and parked cars; patrons who have sampled the products served in the bar are difficult to deal with as they depart. If owners cannot control their clientele, noise levels, etc., their licenses should be revoked and doors shut-period!

There are several legal options available. The most important thing is to mobilize your neighbors!
Almost every community prohibits excessive, unnecessary, and unreasonable noise, and police enforce these laws.

Restaurants and Bars

Restaurants and bars which are located in residential areas are a big problem, and many towns have ordinances specifically directed at the noise emanating from these businesses. A typical ordinance requires that restaurants with outdoor seating restrict amplified music to 10 decibels above background sound level in the area, provide that music may be played only from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.; bans shops from putting speakers outside, also all doors should be closed.

Parties and Bars

Many towns have ordinances regarding the noise generated by parties, particular towns with large college populations. Such ordinances provide for money penalties, and proscribe hours when excessive noise is not permitted. A typical ordinance prohibits noise from any party or social event that "interferes with the peace or health of members of the public or is audible through walls between units within the same building, from another property or from the street."

General Ordinances

Noise levels in neighborhoods are governed by the town or local government. Nearly every town has a general noise ordinance, which designates "quiet hours" from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. on weekdays, and until 9 a.m. on weekends. To determine what your town?s ordinance is, call your city hall and ask for a copy of the noise ordinance. Many towns also designate decibel levels, and restrict certain decibel levels at all hours of the day. Some towns have ordinances directed specifically at particular noises, like car horns, dogs, lawn mowers, boats, leaf blowers, and whatever other source of noise is a problem in that particular community.

In 2007 the Jersey City Council passed an ordinance to stop outdoor entertainment at 11 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays and at midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.
The new proposal limits restaurants and bars to a decibel level of 55 decibels from noon to 10 p.m. and then 45 decibels from 10 p.m. until closing. Sound measurements could be taken either inside or outside the establishment depending on the nature of the complaint.

Send a Letter and the Ordinance

If you want you can send the bar owner a letter, requesting that he stop the noise (in my experience it would not work), and providing him with a copy of your town?s ordinance that he is violating. Send a letter to your councilperson also; let them know about the problem.

Call the Police

If the letter does not work, the next step (I would say the first step) is to have the police issue a summons, or, if permitted in your town, to file a citizens complaint against the business. In either event, the owner will have to appear in court and defend himself against the noise complaint. You will undoubtedly have to appear as a witness. Procedures for filing a citizen?s complaint can be found at your local police department, or your town?s prosecuting attorney?s office.

You should attempt to have the police come when the noise is occurring, so that they can witness the noise for themselves, and they too become a witness. In some towns (like Jersey City) where noise is a particular problem, the police should be equipped with decibel meters, which can provide objective evidence of the level of noise.

Hire a lawyer

In addition to filing a citizen?s complaint, in most jurisdictions you can bring a civil complaint against your neighbor or establishment under the applicable noise ordinance. You can, if you succeed, receive money damages from the business. Notes of every time the noise problem occurred, whom you spoke to, when the police were called, and copies of all correspondence, will all be important parts of your evidence. Mobilize your neighbors!

Posted on: 2009/5/4 3:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 14:33
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nickie wrote:
Stani- I wish I could attend. I haven't been able to attend a single meeting all semester. I have graduate classes on Tuesday evenings and tonight I have my final exams. Unfortunately, I cannot miss those.

The next Captain's meeting is next Tuesday, April 28.

However, it does seem like the issue with the bars around there needs to be handled through political channels and not just the police. I suggest the neighborhood association invite Steve Fulop to come talk to them about what can be done, and/or someone from the Mayor's Action Bureau.

Posted on: 2009/4/21 21:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/30 18:45
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Walk_Idiot_Walk wrote:
Quote:

JimA wrote:
As far as the driving accidents and loud and lewd behavior from the bar this is the first time I have heard of it. Has anyone called the Police or filed a repot?

The loud and lewd behavior from Indio's Place and the Latin Lounge has been going on forever. A petition was passed to deprive Indio's of their liquor license but nothing ever happened.

My son was woken at 3 AM recently with a full blown fist fight going on on 1st St. The cops can't respond quick enough in these incidents.

Indio's must go !!!!

I am with you. the only way to solve the problems that are occurring on 1st street is to get rid of Idigos!

Posted on: 2009/4/21 20:21

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JimA wrote:
As far as the driving accidents and loud and lewd behavior from the bar this is the first time I have heard of it. Has anyone called the Police or filed a repot?

The loud and lewd behavior from Indio's Place and the Latin Lounge has been going on forever. A petition was passed to deprive Indio's of their liquor license but nothing ever happened.

My son was woken at 3 AM recently with a full blown fist fight going on on 1st St. The cops can't respond quick enough in these incidents.

Indio's must go !!!!

Posted on: 2009/4/21 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
I know I will be there tonight.

Posted on: 2009/4/21 14:16

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/10 14:44
From Under the Turnpike
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stani wrote:

You really should attend the next Captain's meeting and bring up these issues. Capt. McDonough is the person responsible for police response (or lack thereof) and he should hear about this directly from someone affected. You'll get results.

Posted on: 2009/4/21 13:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 14:33
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nickie wrote:

The police have been notified for every recent accident on First Street (that I am aware of) because in all cases accident reports were filed for insurance purposes and in some cases, cars had to be towed. One of the drunk drivers even left their crashed car and fled the scene on foot.

And this past Friday night at 3 am there was a loud fight and lots of screaming. My boyfriend said one of our neighbors notified the cops - I was out of town.

Another incident that I recalled since writing my first post - was when we came home an Easter gathering on Sunday at about 10:30 pm. Indio's must have been closing about that time because people were milling about and one man was peeing on our doorstep - and we live several buildings down from the bar!

I appreciate all of your information relating to the shooting and the mugging, however more needs to be done in this out of the way neck of the woods. Indios is starting to attrack a rougher crowd then normal and the safety and cleanliness of our neighborhood is being compromised.

You really should attend the next Captain's meeting and bring up these issues. Capt. McDonough is the person responsible for police response (or lack thereof) and he should hear about this directly from someone affected. You'll get results.

Posted on: 2009/4/20 20:35

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/21 16:54
Group:
Registered Users
nickie,

Please pm me.

JimA

Posted on: 2009/4/20 20:34

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Under the Turnpike
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JimA wrote:
nickie

I'm sorry you are not able to attend Tomorrows meeting and hope you will be able to make May 12th meeting.

With the little information I have gathered here is the breakdown on some of these incidents you mentioned.

The shooting on First & Brunswick was an unfortunate argument that got out of hand between two aquantainces.
The victim was uncooperative with the Police and was unwilling to file a Police report. Without the cooperation of the victim the Police were not able to follow up on this case.

As for the mugging on 2nd St. the assailant was apprehended shortley after the incident.

As far as the driving accidents and loud and lewd behavior from the bar this is the first time I have heard of it. Has anyone called the Police or filed a repot? If you have have ANY concerns regarding First St. there are some things you can do tho let the Association and the Police know.

E-mail the Village Neighborhood Association @ info@jcvillage.org

E-mail the Downtown Jersey City Watch @ downtownjcwatch@gmail.com

E-mail the East District Community Relations officer @

The police have been notified for every recent accident on First Street (that I am aware of) because in all cases accident reports were filed for insurance purposes and in some cases, cars had to be towed. One of the drunk drivers even left their crashed car and fled the scene on foot.

And this past Friday night at 3 am there was a loud fight and lots of screaming. My boyfriend said one of our neighbors notified the cops - I was out of town.

Another incident that I recalled since writing my first post - was when we came home an Easter gathering on Sunday at about 10:30 pm. Indio's must have been closing about that time because people were milling about and one man was peeing on our doorstep - and we live several buildings down from the bar!

I appreciate all of your information relating to the shooting and the mugging, however more needs to be done in this out of the way neck of the woods. Indios is starting to attrack a rougher crowd then normal and the safety and cleanliness of our neighborhood is being compromised.

Posted on: 2009/4/20 19:29

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/30 18:45
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
I am going because of Idigos and their lovely patrons.

Posted on: 2009/4/20 17:50

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
sorry I submitted by mistake E-mail the East District Community Relations officer @ policeeast@jcnj.org

Or you can attent the Captain's Meeting Tuesday, April 28
Middle School #4, Bright Street at 7pm

Hope this helps.

good luck on the finals.

JimA

Posted on: 2009/4/20 17:27

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
nickie

I'm sorry you are not able to attend Tomorrows meeting and hope you will be able to make May 12th meeting.

With the little information I have gathered here is the breakdown on some of these incidents you mentioned.

The shooting on First & Brunswick was an unfortunate argument that got out of hand between two aquantainces.
The victim was uncooperative with the Police and was unwilling to file a Police report. Without the cooperation of the victim the Police were not able to follow up on this case.

As for the mugging on 2nd St. the assailant was apprehended shortley after the incident.

As far as the driving accidents and loud and lewd behavior from the bar this is the first time I have heard of it. Has anyone called the Police or filed a repot? If you have have ANY concerns regarding First St. there are some things you can do tho let the Association and the Police know.

E-mail the Village Neighborhood Association @ info@jcvillage.org

E-mail the Downtown Jersey City Watch @ downtownjcwatch@gmail.com

E-mail the East District Community Relations officer @

Posted on: 2009/4/20 17:24

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Under the Turnpike
Group:
Registered Users
I have class on Tuesday evenings and have never been able to attend a Village Association meeting. This Tuesday I have final exams so there is no question that I will have to miss this month's meeting.

However, with that said, I hope that someone brings up the recent incidents that have occurred on the First and Second street blocks between Merseles and Brunswick - including but not limited to, several drunk driving accidents involving Indio's customers hitting residents' parked cars on First Street, the mugging of a woman at 6am on her way to work on Second Street, the inappropriate and lewd behaviour of Indio's clientele at the bar's closing time such as fighting in the streets, shouting and having sex in their parked cars at the currently dead-ended First Street after hours. And lastly, the apparent shooting that occurred on Brunswick and First two months back after Indio's let out for the night. Not enough information was released by the city involving this incident.

This is unacceptable behaviour and there have been far too many occurences in recent weeks to continue turning a blind eye.

Posted on: 2009/4/20 16:33

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Community Meeting: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 Time: 7:30 pm Location: PS #5 (Please see the map below) Where is the Village? AGENDA: 7:30 ? 7:45: Introduction and Assemble. 7:45 ? 8:15: Election 2009 -?Meet the Candidates? Forum In an effort to bring attention to the Jersey City Municipal Elections being held this May, the VNA is extending invitations to the Mayoral Candidates, as well as their Council Candidates. Over the next few months, we encourage candidates to use this forum to introduce themselves to our members, and present their vision for the future of Jersey City. Joe Cassidy At-Large Council Candidate Mr. Cassidy, a Hudson County sheriff from 1996-2007, is running for an At-Large Council seat on Lou Manzo?s ticket. Joe Tarrazi Ward E Council Candidate Mr. Tarrazi is running for the Ward E Council seat on Lou Manzo?s ticket. Steven Fulop: Downtown Ward E City Council Candidate Learn more about Councilman Fulop www.stevenfulop.com Guy Catrillo Downtown Ward E City Council Candidate Mr. Catrillo, a former Community Leader and Activist is running for a Council seat on Mayor Healy?s ticket. He works as a Senior Planning Aide in the City?s Planning Department, and was formerly Hudson County?s Deputy Superintendent of Elections. 8:15 ? 8:30: The Pennsylvania Railroad Harsimus Stem Embankment Preservation Coalition Founded in 1998, Maureen Crowley will update the community on the most recent developments regarding the Sixth Street Embankment, and how it could potentially impact The Village. For more information please visit www.embankment.org 8:30 ? 8:40: Announcement: The Village Weekend! Mark your calendars! We will discuss details of our May 30th - May 31st special weekend event. Jersey City Landmarks Conservancy Founder and President John Gomez will brief us on the upcoming "The Italian Village Historical Walking Tour" scheduled for Saturday, May 30th. 8:40 ? 8:45: Announcement: The Village Spring Cleanup 8:45: Open forum and coffee with your neighbors. General Meeting Information: The Village Neighborhood Association holds their monthly meeting on the second Tuesday of the month in the Auditorium of the Dr. Michael Conti Public School (PS #5). Meetings begin at 7:30pm and are open to the public. Please use the school?s main entrance located on Merseles Street. Finding the school: The Village

Posted on: 2009/4/20 15:48

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Community Meeting: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 Time: 7:30 pm Location: PS #5 (Please see the map below) Where is the Village? AGENDA: 7:30 ? 7:45: Introduction and Assemble. 7:45 ? 8:00: Election 2009 -?Meet the Candidates? Forum In an effort to bring attention to the Jersey City Municipal Elections being held this May, the VNA is extending invitations to the Mayoral Candidates, as well as their Council Candidates. Over the next few months, we encourage candidates to use this forum to introduce themselves to our members, and present their vision for the future of Jersey City. Steven Fulop Downtown Ward E City Council Candidate, Learn more about Steve at www.stevenfulop.com Councilman Fulop will discuss some of his notable achievements over the last four years and his focus for the next four years such as safety, education, taxes and City Government. 8:00 ? 8:10: New Jersey Turnpike Authority proposed waterfront elevated access ramp -- Exit 14D ?Separator? Ward E Downtown Councilman Steven Fulop will brief our members on the NJTPA proposed access ramp ?separator?. He will discuss where the ramp will be located, its possible timetable, and the benefits it could have for The Village . For a detail of the proposed plan, please visit New Jersey Turnpike Proposed Ramp ? Exit 14D ?Separator? 8:10 ? 8:25: The Pennsylvania Railroad Harsimus Stem Embankment Preservation Coalition Founded in 1998, Maureen Crowley will update the community on the most recent developments regarding the Sixth Street Embankment, and how it could potentially impact The Village. For more information please visit www.embankment.org 8:25 ? 8:40: QOL: Monmouth Street The VNA will present our approach to working with residents, businesses, and city government, to help better the quality of life for those in The Village having to deal with these issues. With its recent increase in loitering and street fighting, Monmouth Street is going to the focus of our discussion. 8:40: Open forum and coffee with neighbors. General Meeting Information: The Village Neighborhood Association holds their monthly meeting on the second Tuesday of the month in the Auditorium of the Dr. Michael Conti Public School (PS #5). Meetings begin at 7:30pm and are open to the public. Please use the school?s main entrance located on Merseles Street. Finding the school: The Village

Posted on: 2009/3/9 17:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pchops wrote:
Thanks Rob for the update and meeting reminder. I love the Village!

Will there some lovely Starbucks coffee and organic baked goods as usual?

Absolutely!

Posted on: 2009/2/10 19:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the info. As a resident of the Village and someone interested in finding out more about this Levin kid, I'll make an effort to stop by.

Posted on: 2009/2/10 15:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/8 14:23
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks Rob for the update and meeting reminder. I love the Village!

Will there some lovely Starbucks coffee and organic baked goods as usual?

Posted on: 2009/2/9 19:08

The Village Neighborhood Association - Updates
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Community Meeting: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 Time: 7:30 pm Location: PS #5 (Please see the map below) Where is the Village? AGENDA: 7:30 ? 7:45: Introduction and assemble. 7:45 ? 8:00: Election 2009 -?Meet the Candidates? Forum In an effort to bring attention to the Jersey City Municipal Elections being held this May, the VNA is extending invitations to the Mayoral Candidates, as well as their Council Candidates. Over the next few months, we encourage candidates to use this forum to introduce themselves to our members, and present their vision for the future of Jersey City. Dan Levin: Mayoral Candidate, community activist and Civic JC founder. Learn more about Dan at www.onejerseycity.org Emilio De Lia: Council At-Large Candidate, business consultant and community organizer Andrew Hubsch: Council At-Large Candidate, Vice President of the Jersey City Episcopal Community Development Corporation & Civic JC Board member 8:00 ? 8:15: East District Crime Update The East District will send a representative to update our members on the progress of their investigations into the recent shootings on Coles and Brunswick Streets. Note: Captain McDonough of the East District has monthly COMPSTAT meetings which are held the 4th Tuesday of the month at 7:00pm at Middle School #4, 107 Bright Street. The Captain?s meeting is open to the public and all are encouraged to attend. www.njjcpd.org 8:15 ? 8:30: CABA Public Safety Petition The Communipaw Avenue Block Association is circulating a crime and safety petition requesting Governor Jon Corzine and the New Jersey State Police to send Federal resources to assist the Jersey City Police Department in ?fighting the war on crime?. A CABA member will be on hand explain the initiative and answer questions. 8:30: Open Forum and coffee with neighbors. General Meeting Information: The Village Neighborhood Association holds their monthly meeting on the second Tuesday of the month in the Auditorium of the Dr. Michael Conti Public School (PS #5). Meetings begin at 7:30pm and are open to the public. Please use the school?s main entrance located on Merseles Street. Finding the school: The Village

Posted on: 2009/2/9 18:20

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017