Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 16 »

Re: Unleashed Mastiffs Attack JC Man Downtown this Morning
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/9 22:52
Group:
Registered Users
I just don't want her to ever be given the opportunity of owning those dogs again.

Posted on: 2009/6/16 1:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
What are the chances that she actually has to serve time in prison for this? I would rather see her hit with a hefty fine and some sort of animal-rescue public service than time in a cell. (ok, come at me, I'm ready...)

I agree..she made a profit by breeding these dogs and selling them (as shown in her website earlier in this thread). A very stiff fine and community service would be justified. There is also a very strong possibility of civil suits brought on by the victims and IMO rightfully so. I hope that young man that was brutally attacked is doing better.

Posted on: 2009/6/16 1:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
What are the chances that she actually has to serve time in prison for this? I would rather see her hit with a hefty fine and some sort of animal-rescue public service than time in a cell. (ok, come at me, I'm ready...)

Posted on: 2009/6/16 1:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/9 22:52
Group:
Registered Users
Transferred to California? What the hell does that mean? To NEW owners?

Posted on: 2009/6/16 1:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Criminal charges filed against Jersey City dog owner

by Michaelangelo Conte / The Jersey Journal
Monday June 15, 2009, 8:20 PM

Criminal charges have been filed against the Jersey City woman whose dogs have been tied to several Downtown attacks and she has agreed to have the South African boerboels transferred to California, officials said.

A grand jury has indicted Susan Kolb on three counts of fourth degree aggravated assault with a deadly weapon based on her alleged reckless behavior, Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Leo Hernandez said today.

"Based on all the facts and circumstances related to these three separate and distinct incidents, the grand jury found probable cause to believe there was reckless conduct on the part of the defendant," Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

Medical treatment was needed by all four alleged victims of the dogs that weigh a combined 160 pounds.

Jonathan L. Rodriguez, 24, of Brunswick Street, was injured on Jan. 19 at Washington Street and Christopher Columbus Drive. He said Kolb unleashed the dogs and they ran across the street and tore into his arm.

A group of construction workers tried to scare the dogs away during the attack and a driver tried to frighten them off with his car. Kolb said the dogs got spooked by trucks plowing snow and got away from her.

James Joyce, 24, said he needed six stitches after being attacked on Jan. 9 by the dogs at Warren and Morris streets. Joyce, who has also filed a lawsuit against Kolb and her husband Gary, said he was struggling to keep one dog from biting his face when the other bit him in the groin area.

Susan Kolb said Joyce was not injured and that he had approached the dogs incorrectly.

On Sept. 21, at the park at Greene and Essex streets, police said the two dogs were reportedly unleashed when they knocked down a woman who was carrying her 6-month-old granddaughter. Kolb said she thought the park was empty.

After the attacks the dogs faced possible euthanization, when Jersey City impounded them under the state Vicious Dog Law.

Kolb asked for a trial in Jersey City Municipal Court to defend them and as a result of that court process, prosecutors and Kolb came to an agreement on May 15 and the dogs were ordered transferred to another owner on the west coast, Hernandez said.

The three counts filed against Kolb in criminal court each carry a sentence from probation up to 18 months in state prison, Hernandez said.

Kolb and her attorney, Gerald Miller of Jersey City, could not be reached for comment yesterday.

She will be arraigned on the charges in the next few weeks, officials said.

Posted on: 2009/6/16 1:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Good to hear that. I was told they had been released to the owner but I guess they meant "new owner". Good News.

Posted on: 2009/5/29 21:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
...as tens of thousands of non-bitey dogs continue to languish in shelters.

Posted on: 2009/5/29 21:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
It would appear we do more for our city dogs then our city kids !

Transportation, west coast, finding an appropriate owner - sounds like they're going to a holiday resort for dogs !

Posted on: 2009/5/29 21:18
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

StevenFulop wrote:
I will have in the next few days a copy of the court order but in order to alleviate misinformation, my understanding is that the Mastiffs are being shipped out of state, initially to PA and eventually to new owners in CA.

The city's animal control officer indicated that all parties involved are fully aware of the history with regards to these two animals as is the animal control officers in the new destination.

I will have more information in the next few days but hopefully this wily serve to clarify this issue in some regard

Steve

Thank you for posting this and your information is correct.
The dogs were not released to the original owner and were picked up at LHS by a special pet transportation company and are en route to the new owners. They are no longer within the state and the final destination is the West Coast.

Posted on: 2009/5/29 21:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/27 19:46
Group:
Registered Users
I will have in the next few days a copy of the court order but in order to alleviate misinformation, my understanding is that the Mastiffs are being shipped out of state, initially to PA and eventually to new owners in CA.

The city's animal control officer indicated that all parties involved are fully aware of the history with regards to these two animals as is the animal control officers in the new destination.

I will have more information in the next few days but hopefully this wily serve to clarify this issue in some regard

Steve

Posted on: 2009/5/29 20:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
FALSE

Posted on: 2009/5/29 17:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/5 14:28
Group:
Banned
How do you KNOW this???? There are a lot of people in my neighborhood who are very curious about this....

Posted on: 2009/5/29 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
The Mastiffs have been returned to the owner. That's all I know.

Posted on: 2009/5/29 1:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
There is a trial on the 19th of May.

Posted on: 2009/5/15 15:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know what happened?

Posted on: 2009/5/8 23:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Updates anyone? Is anyone going? Any new info? Tomorrow's the trial!

Posted on: 2009/5/7 15:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Alright People--The trial is set for 5/8/09 at 1pm. That's this friday. I looked at their website, and it appears that the DA has offered a settlement where they sell the dogs. They refused, which has me nervous. In any event, that doesn't solve the larger problem with these horrible people. They will just get new dogs and someone will die (unfortunately, it likely won't be the husband who is the root of this mess for beating the dogs incessantly).

I am going to try to show up. To those that were injured and, hopefully, will be there to testify, I wish you good luck in this and your civil proceedings. Everyone seems to think this is a done deal, that they won't get the dogs back, but I really have my reservations about "justice" in JC.

Kolb has retained an attorney that knows her way around the vicious dog laws. The Municipal judges, on their best days, are largely political tools--and I would not be surprised if the Kolbs have greased some palms to get the outcome they want. On their worst (most) days, they are downright corrupt.

Let's get some support for the prosecution and the injured here. If anyone has any ideas, please post them. Thanks.

Posted on: 2009/5/4 17:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Doggy defense finally gets its day in court
Saturday, March 28, 2009
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

"...The dogs' family are at wits end and quickly going broke.."

Their landlords are lucky that they aren't getting their a$$es sued off too!

Posted on: 2009/3/31 18:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Here's the latest. Please note that this witch has set up a new website: www.bringjumbaandimanihome.com. Crash that f'er. Go to the website and let her have it. Her dogs, and particularly her husband, are damn menaces. They have put their dogs into this position through lack of training, lack of control, and beatings (I have personally seen the husband punch Jumba in the head and kick him in the ribs).

Give them an earful on their website!

Dogs, owner to get their day in court
Doggy defense finally gets its day in courtSaturday, March 28, 2009 By MICHAELANGELO CONTEJOURNAL STAFF WRITER
A trial date has finally been set to determine the fate of two dogs who face possible euthanization after being accused in three attacks in Downtown Jersey City.

Yesterday afternoon Jersey City Municipal Court Judge Nesle Rodriguez set May 8 to start the trial at which Susan Kolb intends to defend her South African boerboels, Jumba and Imani.

The dogs have been held at Liberty Humane Society since Jan. 21, two days after the last alleged attack. The trial date has met with numerous delays as Kolb's lawyer waited for prosecutors to turn over pictures, statements and a witness list as part of the discovery process.

Meanwhile, Kolb has taken her fight to the Internet. She has a Web site - bringjumbaandimanihome.com - that tells of the dogs remaining at the shelter.

"Today, they sit on death row with no firm date set for a hearing or a trial," the site's home page said yesterday. "The dogs' family are at wits end and quickly going broke battling to save the dogs they love. The family moved at great expense to a house with a backyard and a 6-foot high fence. They purchased a secure kennel, yet . the city of Jersey City continues to delay."

At yesterday's hearing, the municipal prosecutor said all discovery had been turned over to defense attorney Gina Calogero, but it quickly became clear that was not true.

Calogero told the judge her client has been to numerous hearings and "Every time the state asks for more time. And oops there's more, and oops there's more and oops there's more. She would like to know there is a definite court date."

Calogero and the municipal prosecutor then had a lengthy meeting outside the courtroom and when they returned Rodriguez set April 9 as a deadline for turning all the material over to the defense and the judge also set the trial date.

Jonathan L. Rodriguez, 24, of Brunswick Street, was injured on Jan. 19 at Washington Street and Christopher Columbus Drive. He said Kolb unleashed the dogs and they ran across the street and tore into his arm. Kolb said the dogs got away from her.

James Joyce, 24, said he needed six stitches after being attacked on Jan. 9 by the dogs at Warren and Morris streets. Kolb said Joyce was not injured.

On Sept. 21, at the park at Greene and Essex streets, police said the two dogs, reportedly unleashed, knocked down a woman and the 6-month-old child she was carrying. Kolb said she thought the park was empty. All four alleged victims needed medical treatment.

Posted on: 2009/3/31 17:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I'm no women's fashion guru, but I hope she wears all her 'gucchi' gear to highlight her wealth.
This will hopefully show to her pending civil action that she is a woman of means !

Posted on: 2009/3/14 22:50
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Did you see Kolb's shoes in the online JJ ? She should be locked up for bad fashion taste.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... tos_turned_over_to_d.html

Posted on: 2009/3/14 18:55

Re: Montclair man sues in Jersey City dog attack
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Apparently a trial date has not been set-Kolb's attorney is playing the "my client's the real victim" card now-claims she's being prejudiced by delay. I think the guy with puncture wounds in his crotch was prejudiced more, but then again, some folks think I'm batsh*t crazy. I hope the court and prosecutor don't lose focus.

Posted on: 2009/3/14 13:56

Montclair man sues in Jersey City dog attack
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Montclair man sues in Jersey City dog attack

by Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
Thursday March 12, 2009, 11:28 PM

A Montclair man has filed a civil lawsuit against the owners of two Jersey City dogs that he says attacked him in January.

The suit filed by James Joyce against Susan and Gary Kolb, the owners of the South African boerboels, claims he "suffered severe, painful and embarrassing injuries, required painful medical treatment, as well as substantial emotional distress."

Joyce, 24, said he needed six stitches after being attacked on Jan. 9 by the dogs at Warren and Morris streets.

He said he was fighting to keep one dog from biting his throat while the other bit his groin. Joyce said a short time later his pants had blood all over them.

Susan Kolb told The Jersey Journal that Joyce exaggerated.

She said was walking Jumba and Imani, a male and a female who have a combined weight of 260 pounds, when Joyce walked up to the dogs with open arms. They are trained to jump up and give a kiss when approached that way, she said.

She said Joyce got upset, grabbed the dogs and moved away, but afterward told her he was fine. Susan Kolb said there was no blood on Joyce.

The dogs are accused in two other Downtown attacks that resulted in three other people needing medical attention. The Kolbs are expected back in Jersey City Municipal Court tomorrow at 1 p.m. for another hearing on the vicious dog charges before Judge Nesle Rodriguez.

Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio is presenting the matter of the attacks to a grand jury to determine if Susan Kolb should be charged criminally with aggravated assault.
Joyce's civil suit, filed in Hudson County Superior Court's Civil Division, does not name an amount being sought.

Read more in tomorrow's Jersey Journal.

Posted on: 2009/3/13 8:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Crazy coincidence her last laywer was name Jonathan and her new laywer is named Gina.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 21:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
Agreed. That Charles Hack really lives up to his name. Its no wonder the paper is going under.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 16:56

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/2 7:31
Group:
Banned
What a terribly written article. The Jersey Journal consistently reads like a middle school project on journalism.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 16:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Kolb's new attorney is apparently a specialist in this type of case. According to her website, she authored "Pitfalls for Pitbulls", NJ Lawyer Magazine, August 2005 and touts herself as an expert in NJ Vicious Dog law. Her website (which doesn't seem to be working - viewed in cache) says :

"In 1994, Gina took on the defense of ?Splinter,? a mixed breed terrier from Saddle Brook, wrongfully accused of an unprovoked attack on an 8-year-old girl. After two appeals and three trials, the verdict was finally overturned and Splinter was adjudicated not vicious.

Since then, Gina has represented numerous ?death row? dogs, impounded under the New Jersey Vicious Dog Act. Her efforts led to the only reported decision on the Act, State vs. Smith, 295 N. J. Super. 399 (Law Div. 1996).

Gina also handles other animal law-related cases, including veterinary malpractice, landlord tenant issues, pet custody, breach of contract and pet trusts, involving a variety of species and issues. Her representative clients have included animal activists, the New Jersey Animal Rights Alliance, Closter Animal Welfare Society (C.L.A.W.S), Helping Hands of Passaic and other animal rights groups. She is on the Board of Directors of Caring About the Strays Inc. (C.A.T.S.).

Gina?s work was also featured in an article in New Jersey Law Journal on animal law in 2002 and her various cases have been covered by the press and television. "

I hope the prosecutor is doing his homework.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
'Graphic' dog-bite pics delay trial

Saturday, March 07, 2009
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Deciding how to handle graphic medical images caused another delay in setting a trial date for the two allegedly vicious South African boerboels that have been tied to several Downtown attacks and could be euthanized under the state's Vicious Dog Law.

The dogs' owner, Susan Kolb, has asked for a trial to defend the animals. At yesterday's pretrial hearing, her attorney noted that she had not received the disc that contains images of the injuries of the victims.

Prosecutor Armando Molina quickly produced the disc, but said the pictures were very graphic. He said he wanted to have a conference to decide how they would be used and also said he wanted a confidentiality agreement before he would share them with the defense.

With a courtroom full of people waiting to appear for other matters, Municipal Judge Nesle Rodriguez said, "I just can't do it today, I have a packed courtroom." Rodriguez set Friday at 1 p.m. for a hearing to deal with the disc - apparently the last hurdle before setting a trial date.

Kolb's lawyer, Gina Calogero, said she was ready to go to trial yesterday. Calogero noted that the dogs have been impounded since Jan. 19, the day after the most recent attack. The proceedings have been delayed several times already because the defense was waiting to receive documents from prosecutors.

"It is very important to my client and the state that this is resolved," Calogero told Rodriguez.

Jonathan L. Rodriguez, 24, of Brunswick Street, was injured Jan. 19 when, he says, Kolb unleashed the dogs and they ran across the street and tore into his arm. James Joyce, 24, said he needed six stitches after being attacked Jan. 9. Kolb said Joyce was not injured. On Sept. 21, at the park at Greene and Essex streets, police said the two dogs knocked down a woman and the 6-month-old child she was carrying.

Kolb has complained that officials at the Humane Society have barred her from visiting the dogs.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boerboel

Check out the 1st paragraph, last sentence - Does Susan work during the day and are the dogs left alone during that time ?

Posted on: 2009/3/8 10:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/3/8 6:53

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 16 »

[Advanced Search]

Login