Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Cops: Halloween mischief maker arrested on charges he spread false reports of gang violence
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/28 12:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BigBoi wrote:
I was so excited when I first saw that thread. Thanks ever so much for raising my hopes only to, inevitably, dash them- leaving me feeling more hollow and enervated than ever before, if such a thing were indeed possible.
At first glance, I thought that there was some sort of requirement for gang members to kill 35 year old women. This would be perfect, I thought- my owner, manmouth, is exactly that age, and has very much deserves death. You don?t believe me? Perhaps I am too harsh? Observe what I am wearing. Moreover, observe that I am wearing anything at all. I am a dog. Clearly I didn?t dress myself in this sweater.

The person who has done this to me, manmouth, must pay for her crimes. The karmic wheel, however, moves very slowly when you a fur bearing quadruped wrapped in a dolly sweater whilst locked into an apartment constantly heated at a temperature somewhere between Lom Pok and hell. So I very much was interested in moving the process forward a bit. I don?t care if my complicity earns me reincarnation as a bug. Look at me? What could be worse than this?

I?ve tried to take care of this myself, but the one chew toy that hag bought me three years ago (before the crazy took hold real tight and I transformed from a dog to her couture wearing BFF sole confidant) is far too soft to make an effective bludgeon. I know, I?ve tried.

I simply had to maneuver manmouth into a position where she would be bound to encounter one of these swarms of youths looking to join a gang. I have heard they are swarthy and tend to wear white T-Shirts. Excellent, I thought, ever since El Guapes, her capoeira instructor fled back to Brazil or Paraguay or Tom?s River or wherever he was actually from to avoid her incessant voice mails and midnight stalkings replete with stringed gourd instrument, Manmouth has been drawn to Strong Latin types dressed in silly white clothes. Match, meet gasoline.

I managed to wriggle out a half-nailed shut cat door left by the previous tenants and ran immediately to the places mentioned by Tom. It?s a long way from Hamilton Park to Journal square. Particularly when you are dressed in a sweater and are chased by packs of dogs intent on using you the way that Mr. Guapes used manmouth. Except that she?s anatomically equipped for that, mostly. Fortunately greenvillechick?s dog made a rare appearance, and I managed to hide under a bush while the bloodhoundgang had their wicked way with him.

Christ, even Dachshunds laugh at me. Why God? Why have you made me with these stubby legs and lack of thumbs, and then allowed the malevolent forces of a cruel world to stuff me into this goddamned cardigan? Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?

It was the same story every place I went. No one was dead in Journal Square, no hordes of white T-shirted delinquents on Armstrong. Although, near city hall, I did see a drunken and disheveled man in Shirt tails staggering around near Majestic, but that was just the Mayor. No news there. I would breathlessly pant my way back to the computer to find out where the virulent swarm was, and then find my way there to be, yet again, disappointed. The leitmotif of my life. After all this I discover that it was all lies, from the very beginning. All these agents of destruction, holding forth the possibility of sweet release from the torment of my ?master?, like a cunningly dangled snausage, snatched away at the last moment, all was for naught. All is bitterness, and the taste of life has turned to ashes in my mouth. Or perhaps that?s wool. I don?t know. I just don?t know.

A work of pure genius.

Posted on: 2008/12/13 17:54

Re: Cops: Halloween mischief maker arrested on charges he spread false reports of gang violence

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/17 0:43
Group:
Registered Users
To those on here that I love...

I just want to let you know that I was not posing as another person on this site. Although I find it funny and coincidental that someone was on the same IP as I, I do work for a big University in Manhattan where quite a few people I know live in Jersey City. It could have been a coworker/friend playing a joke on me, so I will check with her on Monday, but it has been nice knowing you all here. I do not recall getting a message about getting banned recently...in fact I sent the Webmaster a Happy Thanksgiving note because I know he gets alot of shit from people and I was trying to be friendly. Anyhow, I just created a new profile for now so that I could let you all know the truth...I am sure it will get deleted, and if not I am not planning on using it, but be in contact.

Hugs and Kisses
JP
jillian.peck@gmail.com

Posted on: 2008/12/13 17:51

Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
A few weeks ago I asked jillianp in a PM if he/she wanted to be banned because he/she seemed to be ignoring the rules. Now they Finally managed to get banned from JCLIST because they posted on this topic with a different username pretending to be a different person.

I am sure both usernames are the same person because:
*Both logged in today within 4 minutes of each other
*Both had the same IP address from a school in New York
*Both had similar email addresses; ex: TJones@, TomJones@

I dont see this as a big deal, no laws were broken and I am sure the police will not be arresting anyone else.

The posts about this person being banned are off topic and may be eliminated.

Posted on: 2008/12/13 5:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
I think I'll steal my neighbors wireless signal to post on JClist...I don't want them to sell me out like a bum!! At least google has a backbone and doesn't give out user data even with a sapena
Oh wait, that would be against the law, OMG is having bad thoughts out stealing wireless a crime too??? No I'm scared! Don't snoop my IP ahhhhhhhhhh!

Posted on: 2008/12/13 4:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Webmaster wrote:
jillianp who started the Halloween mischief topic and rraaakkkk are the same person.

I am banning both those usernames today.

The gun nut can post threatening and homophobic language and doesn't get banned, yet julianp gets banned for having another user name? Wow! The "hawk" is blind!

Posted on: 2008/12/13 3:24
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
It could of been that jillianp had an unsecured wireless connection and someone connected into it & used it to go to JCLIST.

Posted on: 2008/12/13 3:14
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
BRING BACK SWEET JILLY P!

Please?

Posted on: 2008/12/12 23:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/22 2:28
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with brightmoment. I do not think that jillianp started the thread maliciously and I do not think that she is rraaakkk. From her previous posts and posts on other topics I cannot believe that they are one in the same. Double check before doing anything.

Posted on: 2008/12/12 23:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
by Webmaster on 2008/12/12 15:14:03

jillianp who started the Halloween mischief topic and rraaakkkk are the same person.

Come on webbie, I've met jillianp who is a sweet person and you know and I know and we all know here that she was simply reporting something she had heard through her "significant other", a teacher. She was in no way trying to promulgate a falsehood as that idiot "Tom" and some of the other bogus newbies who showed up like turnips falling off a truck when he posted his lies did by escalating the lies.

I seriously doubt that "rraaakkk" is jillianp as the tone of the former is NOT that of jillianp! If you're going by identical IP address, you are aware, as we are, that many can share the same pc in one household.

REINSTATE jillianp!!!

Posted on: 2008/12/12 23:18
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters

Posted on: 2008/12/12 20:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
Ok rrraakkkk,

A few things you completely got wrong. The person who started the thread was not an idiot, she was genuinely concerned, had heard the rumor and was trying to verify if it was true or not. Yes, there were idiots in the thread that perpetuated the rumor, but the thread was started with legitimate concerns. Do yourself a favor, and know the whole story before you hurl insults.

And that "poor guy" who got arrested was no innocent bystander who got caught up in the lie. He was busy spreading false rumors himself. Did you even read the original thread, this thread, the jersey journal article or the snopes link? Its a rhetorical question, I know the answer is no.

Posted on: 2008/12/12 19:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/12 18:31
Group:
Banned
This shit is real life...how'd it end up on Snopes?
Poor guy gets arrested because some idiot has to start a thread based on falsity

Posted on: 2008/12/12 19:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Eleanor_A wrote:
The incident made it's way to Snopes.com

http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/halloween.asp

And so it does. Scroll to the bottom and it ends with "Tom" and jclist. The big time. Legend stuff. Who says dog poop and petty bickering is a waste of an afternoon?

Posted on: 2008/12/10 1:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
The incident made it's way to Snopes.com

http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/halloween.asp

Posted on: 2008/12/9 1:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
JCNewJersey,

Thats exactly what I thought of. In fact, if you go to the original thread, I posted that very thing with a link to an article about the prank.

Posted on: 2008/12/4 14:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/7 16:42
Group:
Registered Users
When I read "the" original thread as it was being written I knew it was a joke. It reminded me of War of the Worlds which was done live on radio back in the olden days> People were in a total panic they were convinced we had been invaded by aliens.

Posted on: 2008/12/4 2:21

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/25 17:45
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not on this site daily, so I missed this thread the first time around, but I perked up when I saw it today. I am employed at Saint Peter's College, and Campus Security sent out an official e-mail to all students, faculty, and staff in October repeating this rumor (ridiculous as it seems) and warning everyone to "be aware." If school agencies were warning their students, is jillanp really so naive to ask about it on JCLIST? It's not like she heard it from some crazy dude on the bus. As in my case she was shocked to receive this warning from a seemingly reliable source, and she thought this JC discussion board would be a good forum to find out if others had heard the same.

JCLIST can have such a nasty tone, seriously.

Posted on: 2008/12/3 20:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Oh yes! that should be on the New York Times best seller list.... good read!

Posted on: 2008/12/3 19:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jillianp wrote:
How could this thread have died? It is the best one on the site

you haven't read the brownstone hates babies thread then

Posted on: 2008/12/3 18:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/13 17:44
From Hamilton Park(ish)
Group:
Banned
How could this thread have died? It is the best one on the site

Posted on: 2008/12/3 18:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/22 2:28
Group:
Registered Users
I went back and reread the thread and laughed-out-loud again at bigeddie's comment about it only being virgins. I am sure when the authorities were reading it that made them chuckle as well.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 23:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/7 16:42
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you. Take a long vacation please.[quote]

GrovePath wrote:
[quote]
BTW - I am done responding to this thread.

[

Posted on: 2008/12/2 23:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
BigBoi....we need you!

Posted on: 2008/12/2 22:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
BIG BOI COME HOME!

Posted on: 2008/12/2 22:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
^^^ excellent.

GWB

Posted on: 2008/12/2 22:07

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/4 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
I was so excited when I first saw that thread. Thanks ever so much for raising my hopes only to, inevitably, dash them- leaving me feeling more hollow and enervated than ever before, if such a thing were indeed possible.
At first glance, I thought that there was some sort of requirement for gang members to kill 35 year old women. This would be perfect, I thought- my owner, manmouth, is exactly that age, and has very much deserves death. You don?t believe me? Perhaps I am too harsh? Observe what I am wearing. Moreover, observe that I am wearing anything at all. I am a dog. Clearly I didn?t dress myself in this sweater.

The person who has done this to me, manmouth, must pay for her crimes. The karmic wheel, however, moves very slowly when you a fur bearing quadruped wrapped in a dolly sweater whilst locked into an apartment constantly heated at a temperature somewhere between Lom Pok and hell. So I very much was interested in moving the process forward a bit. I don?t care if my complicity earns me reincarnation as a bug. Look at me? What could be worse than this?

I?ve tried to take care of this myself, but the one chew toy that hag bought me three years ago (before the crazy took hold real tight and I transformed from a dog to her couture wearing BFF sole confidant) is far too soft to make an effective bludgeon. I know, I?ve tried.

I simply had to maneuver manmouth into a position where she would be bound to encounter one of these swarms of youths looking to join a gang. I have heard they are swarthy and tend to wear white T-Shirts. Excellent, I thought, ever since El Guapes, her capoeira instructor fled back to Brazil or Paraguay or Tom?s River or wherever he was actually from to avoid her incessant voice mails and midnight stalkings replete with stringed gourd instrument, Manmouth has been drawn to Strong Latin types dressed in silly white clothes. Match, meet gasoline.

I managed to wriggle out a half-nailed shut cat door left by the previous tenants and ran immediately to the places mentioned by Tom. It?s a long way from Hamilton Park to Journal square. Particularly when you are dressed in a sweater and are chased by packs of dogs intent on using you the way that Mr. Guapes used manmouth. Except that she?s anatomically equipped for that, mostly. Fortunately greenvillechick?s dog made a rare appearance, and I managed to hide under a bush while the bloodhoundgang had their wicked way with him.

Christ, even Dachshunds laugh at me. Why God? Why have you made me with these stubby legs and lack of thumbs, and then allowed the malevolent forces of a cruel world to stuff me into this goddamned cardigan? Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?

It was the same story every place I went. No one was dead in Journal Square, no hordes of white T-shirted delinquents on Armstrong. Although, near city hall, I did see a drunken and disheveled man in Shirt tails staggering around near Majestic, but that was just the Mayor. No news there. I would breathlessly pant my way back to the computer to find out where the virulent swarm was, and then find my way there to be, yet again, disappointed. The leitmotif of my life. After all this I discover that it was all lies, from the very beginning. All these agents of destruction, holding forth the possibility of sweet release from the torment of my ?master?, like a cunningly dangled snausage, snatched away at the last moment, all was for naught. All is bitterness, and the taste of life has turned to ashes in my mouth. Or perhaps that?s wool. I don?t know. I just don?t know.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 20:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
very funny!!

oh and yes Greenville I surely am dying although, I knew he was questioned already before that article was posted.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 20:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/2 6:41
Group:
Banned
I am in a very similar situation to "Tom" and I can tell you it is no laughing matter.
I don't want to go into too much detail but this has ruined me, I'm looking at a hefty fine and jail time.
I'd just like to take this opportunity to warn people that this sort of activity around Halloween is not in anyway a good idea. Furthermore I'd like to publicly state to my niece and nephew, Jonty (7) and Molly (6), that any references made by myself on the evening of October 31st regarding the experiences of one Ichabod Crane and the glen of Sleepy Hollow were entirely false.
Thank you.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 18:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/13 17:44
From Hamilton Park(ish)
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Thanks for being smart and reading carefully Elvis!

Quote:

elvis wrote:... I think Grove was simply taken out of context and did not mean to imply you were one of the bad posters. This whole situation stinks thanks to some idiot 19-year-old. It ends there.

Oh, see....now, I thought you were going to leave this post alone and discontinue your "I am smart and everyone else is chopped liver" jabs.

Elvis also mentioned that "There is a lack of actual discourse on this site and you help elevate the site". That doesn't really fare well for you does it?

Posted on: 2008/12/2 17:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for being smart and reading carefully Elvis!

Quote:

elvis wrote:... I think Grove was simply taken out of context and did not mean to imply you were one of the bad posters. This whole situation stinks thanks to some idiot 19-year-old. It ends there.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 16:36

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017