Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Laguna Lounge in Heights?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
i see tons of the laguna postcards at my barber shop on palisade and franklin. it's weird because the postcards say they allow timbs and jeans, but if they really wanted to be at least semi-selective they should have stated no timbs.

plastic cups or not, i want to head out there one night. still trying to decide if it's better on a friday or saturday. as long as theres decent music and it's not completely empty, i wouldnt mind.

Posted on: 2009/3/3 1:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/5 13:09
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Just updating from my original post... I've now been in there a few times. It's a nice place, actually. Hard to grasp the crowd as it seems to change depending on the day. But, I've enjoyed myself. Plus, bartender Lola is great. Still get my drink in a plastic cup, and I've learned to just say CLUB soda instead of just soda, but... hey, it's a bar and they're trying to make it a nice place. Also, I saw first hand two guys come in who did not meet the "dress code" and were, nicely, told they weren't allowed. I asked about it and they said they bring trouble and they didn't want that for the bar. I didn't feel the guys looked particularly "thuggy" (whatever that means...) but that's the bar's choice I guess. I CAN understand trying to keep the bar as a place that the neighborhood feels safe coming into.

Posted on: 2008/11/26 13:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I'm just glad I wasn't kicked out because I had on sneakers! LOL
I looked pretty presentable beyond that...

Posted on: 2008/11/14 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
maybe the dish-washer hasn't started yet

Posted on: 2008/11/14 18:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Quote:

StevenJC wrote:
I went in there last night. "Interesting" bar... maybe they're still getting going but it seems like they're trying to be both a typical JC Heights bar ("Come watch the local NFC games on large flat screen tvs!) and something classy (a postcard said things like "no hoodies", "no sneakers", "appropriate dress". Of course, there was a provocatively-dressed woman also on the postcard). I also got served my drink in a plastic cup and was asked what kind of soda I wanted with my vodka & soda ("Coke?"). That was fun.

The whole dress restrictions on their postcard seemed very odd to me. Especially, when you're in there, you can tell there is no way this is going to be a "classy" bar. Plus, really, a bar that has to tell me how to dress makes me pause. Not that I really care, just was really questioning their promotion of the bar. You really can't be a local hangout/sports bar AND a lounge. But, like I said, maybe they're just getting going. I did notice a room in the back, so maybe that will be the Lounge.

Anyway, I hope it does well. Not much of a choice in the Heights to grab a drink, and it's just up the street for me. Definitely better than nothing.

Drinks in Plastic cups ???????
Yeah, real classy place....

CK

Posted on: 2008/11/14 15:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I went in there last night. "Interesting" bar... maybe they're still getting going but it seems like they're trying to be both a typical JC Heights bar ("Come watch the local NFC games on large flat screen tvs!) and something classy (a postcard said things like "no hoodies", "no sneakers", "appropriate dress". Of course, there was a provocatively-dressed woman also on the postcard). I also got served my drink in a plastic cup and was asked what kind of soda I wanted with my vodka & soda ("Coke?"). That was fun.

The whole dress restrictions on their postcard seemed very odd to me. Especially, when you're in there, you can tell there is no way this is going to be a "classy" bar. Plus, really, a bar that has to tell me how to dress makes me pause. Not that I really care, just was really questioning their promotion of the bar. You really can't be a local hangout/sports bar AND a lounge. But, like I said, maybe they're just getting going. I did notice a room in the back, so maybe that will be the Lounge.

Anyway, I hope it does well. Not much of a choice in the Heights to grab a drink, and it's just up the street for me. Definitely better than nothing.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 15:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

regulator wrote:
haven't heard anything.. any idea where in the heights? ive been looking for a good place to go to near my house. i live right near new moon but i don't think they're trying to make it into a night spot as much as just a standard bar. if this other place is different then it'd be great

It's on Charles and Summit it used to be the old Whal's Tavern.

This is another Re-incarnation at this location, use to be a Steakhouse soon after Whals, and then a tavern again.

Its a good location, hope that it works out...

CK

Posted on: 2008/11/13 15:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

regulator wrote:
haven't heard anything.. any idea where in the heights? ive been looking for a good place to go to near my house. i live right near new moon but i don't think they're trying to make it into a night spot as much as just a standard bar. if this other place is different then it'd be great

It's on Charles and Summit it used to be the old Whal's Tavern.

Posted on: 2008/11/13 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2008/11/13 13:47

Laguna Lounge in Heights?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/5 18:16
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone hear anything about a new place opening in the Heights called Laguna Lounge? Saw they were looking for bartenders on Craigslist. Sounds like a sports bar but its possible its more than that.

Posted on: 2008/11/13 13:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017