Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 161

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Re: Can anyone in local goverment hold thier drink (Lipski this time)?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
If the guy was honest about this incident one might find it in their heart to forgive but he has lied again and again and the other council people are buying it. It's obvious by now that these guys are nothing but a bunch of degenerates. Members of a club that protect their positions and keep their hands in the till.

Posted on: 2008/11/19 5:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
I really hope this story doesn't die in the press. I have nothing personal against Mr. Lipski, but he had the misfortune of being the fourth Jersey City politician this year to make headlines in the Star-Ledge for all the wrong reasons and I'm sick of it.

If I speak about this during the open mike at the next council meeting, will I be assaulted by Mr. Lipski's security detail?

Posted on: 2008/11/19 4:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/25 16:16
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City and Lipski (though not mentioned by name) immortalized forever in The Approval Matrix of New York magazine.
http://nymag.com/arts/all/approvalmatrix/52166/

as Lowbrow Despicable

Posted on: 2008/11/18 13:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Honestly I think they get away with it because this is a relatively poor city of people who are not residing homeowners. You have a lot of absentee landlords. That leads to non-voting residents and thus no accountability. I think this already has and will continue to change starting downtown with Fulop and all the new homeowners who actually attend neighborhood meetings and give a sh1t. Not that there are not people that care in other parts of the city because there are, just not enough.

Posted on: 2008/11/18 4:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ihatethiscity wrote:
The elected officials in this city don't care what most people in this city think about them because most people in the city DO NOT VOTE!!!! It is all about votes.

I vote, every election, even school board elections, but I don't live in Lipski's ward, which is too bad, because I know I'd be voting against him. I'd write in Donald Duck if I had to.

Posted on: 2008/11/18 4:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/26 3:14
Group:
Registered Users
The elected officials in this city don't care what most people in this city think about them because most people in the city DO NOT VOTE!!!! It is all about votes.

Posted on: 2008/11/17 12:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jim399 wrote:
Lipski should resign.

Well no one seems to disagree with that, but we all know that's unlikely to happen.

You know what further disgusts me? Nobody at the public relations level in the various offices I've called will have anything to say about this and all they do is refer me to someone else.

In Lipski's office, they don't even pick up the phone but that's to be expected.

Mayor Healy's press office has said, well this is a serious matter but they believe Lipski can get through it, and I should really talk to the City Council President's (Vega's) press aide about it.

I spoke with City Council President Vega's press aide and she would not speak about it and said that somebody else will call me back about it. No one, as of yet, has gotten back to me. Of course, it was Friday afternoon when I called, perhaps they were busy, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I do not want this story to die. Mayor Healy's, Councilmember Flood's and Deputy Mayor Tayiri's antics may be considered ancient history by now and maybe they'll even get away with what they did, but Lipski was the straw that broke the camel's back and I'm just sick of it. The high property taxes are something I can accept in a city that is expensive to run but the politicians who abuse their positions is something I can't.

Where is the accountability in one of New Jersey's largest cities? Why do we have to live with this corruption?

Posted on: 2008/11/17 7:37

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/17 22:54
Group:
Registered Users
Lipski should resign.

Posted on: 2008/11/17 4:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Non-alcoholic drinks in the fridge ! What a load of horse-shit.

Lipski and his minders who have a vested interest in his position at cityhall, will even claim he was blessed by the Pope...At least he is a fast learner, and seems to be following Healy's lead on how to create a grey area when one fccukks up.

I call it the 'McDonalds syndrome' - feed us crap and give or create a charity, so everyone turns a blind eye!

Posted on: 2008/11/15 21:11
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Stranger wrote:
Does anyone here live in Lipski's district? Anyone who doesn't regularly piss on people and lie about it? You've got my support.

Hey, that's one thing I haven't done. I should move there and run for office. (Though I have to admit that at first glance pissing on the Grateful Dead had my seal of approval. I now renounce this position.)

Posted on: 2008/11/15 13:59

Re: Lipski's friend says he didn't see pol urinate
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Devino said. "It seemed like the club was going overboard."

It was going overboard alright. Didn't know Steve referred to it as The Club.

Posted on: 2008/11/15 1:20

Re: Lipski's friend says he didn't see pol urinate
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Lipski's friend says he didn't see pol urinate

Friday, November 14, 2008
By CHARLES HACK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

An architect and close friend of Jersey City Councilman Steven Lipski said yesterday he was with Lipski a week ago when the councilman was arrested for allegedly urinating on fellow concert-goers in a Washington, D.C., nightclub.

But Dennis Devino, of Devino Associates on Garfield Avenue in Jersey City, said he didn't see Lipski do what police, bouncers and two victims have accused his friend of doing.
Advertisement

But on the other hand, Devino, who said he's known Lipski for eight years, didn't rule out the possibility and acknowledged that Lipski, who he hadn't seen drink alcohol in two years, was drinking heavily.

"I don't know what compelled him to drink," Devino said. "He said, 'just one drink,' but somehow or other it got out of hand. I kept saying, 'Come on Steve, don't drink.'"

At some point at Nightclub 9:30 - where Lipski, Devino and others had gone to see the Grateful Dead tribute band Dark Star Orchestra - Lipski was holding a red 12-ounce picnic cup containing a mixed drink and spilled it while "moving around dancing," Devino said.

Some time after that incident, Devino said, bouncers came to the balcony where Lipski was and told him to leave the club.

He and Lipski began to look for a taxi, Devino said. Then a police car showed up. It was only then, Devino said, he heard the allegation Lipski had urinated on two concert-goers.

He said the two persons who complained were initially willing to let it go, but filed police complaints after nightclub management intervened.

"All of a sudden it all went crazy," Devino said. "It seemed like the club was going overboard."

Nightclub 9:30 managers and the alleged victims didn't return phone calls last night to comment.

After being arraigned and released on his own recognizance from court on Saturday, Devino said, he took Lipski to the hotel where they were staying. Lipski went home early Sunday morning, he said.

Devino said Lipski had been a teetotaler for two years and that his refrigerator is stocked with non-alcoholic beers.

Nice friend.

Devino, you're a scumbag too.

Posted on: 2008/11/15 1:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

Friday, November 14, 2008
By CHARLES HACK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

An architect and close friend of Jersey City Councilman Steven Lipski said yesterday he was with Lipski a week ago when the councilman was arrested for allegedly urinating on fellow concert-goers in a Washington, D.C., nightclub.

But Dennis Devino, of Devino Associates on Garfield Avenue in Jersey City, said he didn't see Lipski do what police, bouncers and two victims have accused his friend of doing.
Advertisement

But on the other hand, Devino, who said he's known Lipski for eight years, didn't rule out the possibility and acknowledged that Lipski, who he hadn't seen drink alcohol in two years, was drinking heavily.

"I don't know what compelled him to drink," Devino said. "He said, 'just one drink,' but somehow or other it got out of hand. I kept saying, 'Come on Steve, don't drink.'"

At some point at Nightclub 9:30 - where Lipski, Devino and others had gone to see the Grateful Dead tribute band Dark Star Orchestra - Lipski was holding a red 12-ounce picnic cup containing a mixed drink and spilled it while "moving around dancing," Devino said.

Some time after that incident, Devino said, bouncers came to the balcony where Lipski was and told him to leave the club.

He and Lipski began to look for a taxi, Devino said. Then a police car showed up. It was only then, Devino said, he heard the allegation Lipski had urinated on two concert-goers.

He said the two persons who complained were initially willing to let it go, but filed police complaints after nightclub management intervened.

"All of a sudden it all went crazy," Devino said. "It seemed like the club was going overboard."

Nightclub 9:30 managers and the alleged victims didn't return phone calls last night to comment.

After being arraigned and released on his own recognizance from court on Saturday, Devino said, he took Lipski to the hotel where they were staying. Lipski went home early Sunday morning, he said.

Devino said Lipski had been a teetotaler for two years and that his refrigerator is stocked with non-alcoholic beers.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 23:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/22 22:53
Group:
Registered Users
Wow! This guy isn't a public servant, he's a public menace!

Drunk to the point where you fall asleep at the wheel? There is no excuse for drunk driving, ever, but that is above and beyond.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 11:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
The councilman said he retained a lawyer to work on having the Abington matter expunged from his record.

Lipsky said he hired a cleaning contractor in Washington, DC to have that incident sponged from his record as well.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 5:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Here's what's really galling:

1. Lipski pulls down a salary of $105K a year for running CREATE Charter school - salary details

2. His school currently boasts state scores that indicate only 53.1% of his students meet standardized reading proficiency and 21.7% meet basic math proficiency.

3. Further, only 33% of his graduating students appear to go on to a 4-year college.

4. CREATE'S AYP status indicates that they are not making adequate yearly progress. (AYP targets are set for state test proficiency and participation, as well as for other academic indicators such as attendance and graduation rates)

Nice work at the helm. Our children deserve better.

state scores

Well maybe it won't be necessary for him to tender his resignation at Create Charter - the place might get shut down by the state if it doesn't seriously turn around.

$105,000 to run your own non-profit built mostly with state tax dollars and where you get to run your own show? Nice. I guess I'm in the wrong business.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 5:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
It seems that twice now he has lied in his explanation of the events in both cases. He should go. See you at the ballot box.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 4:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Here's what's really galling:

1. Lipski pulls down a salary of $105K a year for running CREATE Charter school - salary details

2. His school currently boasts state scores that indicate only 53.1% of his students meet standardized reading proficiency and 21.7% meet basic math proficiency.

3. Further, only 33% of his graduating students appear to go on to a 4-year college.

4. CREATE'S AYP status indicates that they are not making adequate yearly progress. (AYP targets are set for state test proficiency and participation, as well as for other academic indicators such as attendance and graduation rates)

Nice work at the helm. Our children deserve better.

state scores

Posted on: 2008/11/14 4:39

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/22 13:19
Group:
Registered Users
What a disgrace! Getting drunk despite a history of getting drunk and driving on sidewalks, pissing on people, lying about pissing on people, refusing to resign either of his government jobs.

Does anyone here live in Lipski's district? Anyone who doesn't regularly piss on people and lie about it? You've got my support. Any early word on who is planning on running for that seat?

Posted on: 2008/11/14 4:17

Re: Latest Lipski shocker: Councilman was busted for DUI after another \'Dead Head\' tribute concert -
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
DESECRATION 1: A Dead cover band show at the (new) 9:30 club.

DESECRATION 2: A JC pol repeatedly going to the 9:30 club and making a drunken ass of himself (why in DC; I wonder).

DESECRATION 3: Peeing on (even G-Dead) fans from the balcony.

Apparently, Lipski is the antithesis of the DC Straight Edge scene. Given his age he should know better.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 4:16

Re: Latest Lipski shocker: Councilman was busted for DUI after another 'Dead Head' tribute concert -
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Latest Lipski shocker: Jersey City councilman was busted for drunk driving after a 'Dead Head' concert in 2006

by Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
Thursday November 13, 2008, 9:14 PM

A drunk driving arrest in Pennsylvania in 2006 after a Grateful Dead tribute band concert put Jersey City Councilman Steven Lipski on the wagon for two years.

But then last Friday in Washington, at another Dark Star Orchestra concert, Lipski relapsed and was arrested on charges he urinated on two people in the crowd.

Since that scandalous arrest, Lipski has been showered with ridicule and scorn in the media and on online forums. It also resulted in his dramatic public confession on Monday to being an alcoholic.

Ironically, it was not his first run in with the law following some drinking at a Dark Star Orchestra concert.According to court records, Lipski was arrested on Dec. 8, 2006 in Abington, Pa. on charges that included driving with a blood alcohol level above twice the legal limit, driving on a sidewalk, reckless driving, recklessly endangering another person, careless driving and disregarding a traffic lane.

Lipski, who also directs a Jersey City charter school, was a apparantly a handful for the police. He was additionally charged with resisting arrest, disorderly conduct/fighting, and disorderly conduct/obscene language or gesture.

Last night the 44-year-old councilman refused to discuss specifics of his 2006 arrest, saying only his was the sole vehicle involved and no one was hurt.

"I had gone to see the Dark Star Orchestra show, had a few drinks and fell asleep at the wheel," he added.

Lipski said the accident prompted him to go on a two-year dry streak, until he found himself last week downing gin and tonics with longtime chums down in Washington.

The two disorderly conduct charges and the charges of driving on the sidewalk, reckless driving and endangering another person were all withdrawn.

With respect to the remaining offenses, a judge allowed Lipski to enter into Pennsylvania's Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition Program and ordered him to do community service and undergo a year of supervised release.

Finally, all the Pennsylvania charges were dismissed in September after Lipski successfully completed ARD.

Lipski said he spent a day in Pennsylvania loading old tires onto a recycling truck to fulfill his community service requirement. The councilman said he retained a lawyer to work on having the Abington matter expunged from his record.

Well, considering what Ted Kennedy has gotten away with, I guess Mr. Lipski's behavior is fairly tame. Of course, Ted Kennedy doesn't run a high school and never did.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 4:11

Re: Latest Lipski shocker: Councilman was busted for DUI after another 'Dead Head' tribute concert -
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Latest Lipski shocker: Jersey City councilman was busted for drunk driving after a 'Dead Head' concert in 2006

A drunk driving arrest in Pennsylvania in 2006 after a Grateful Dead tribute band concert put Jersey City Councilman Steven Lipski on the wagon for two years.

But then last Friday in Washington, at another Dark Star Orchestra concert, Lipski relapsed and was arrested on charges he urinated on two people in the crowd.

Since that scandalous arrest, Lipski has been showered with ridicule and scorn in the media and on online forums. It also resulted in his dramatic public confession on Monday to being an alcoholic.

Ironically, it was not his first run in with the law following some drinking at a Dark Star Orchestra concert.According to court records, Lipski was arrested on Dec. 8, 2006 in Abington, Pa. on charges that included driving with a blood alcohol level above twice the legal limit, driving on a sidewalk, reckless driving, recklessly endangering another person, careless driving and disregarding a traffic lane.

Lipski, who also directs a Jersey City charter school, was a apparantly a handful for the police. He was additionally charged with resisting arrest, disorderly conduct/fighting, and disorderly conduct/obscene language or gesture.

Last night the 44-year-old councilman refused to discuss specifics of his 2006 arrest, saying only his was the sole vehicle involved and no one was hurt.

"I had gone to see the Dark Star Orchestra show, had a few drinks and fell asleep at the wheel," he added.

Lipski said the accident prompted him to go on a two-year dry streak, until he found himself last week downing gin and tonics with longtime chums down in Washington.

The two disorderly conduct charges and the charges of driving on the sidewalk, reckless driving and endangering another person were all withdrawn.

With respect to the remaining offenses, a judge allowed Lipski to enter into Pennsylvania's Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition Program and ordered him to do community service and undergo a year of supervised release.

Finally, all the Pennsylvania charges were dismissed in September after Lipski successfully completed ARD.

Lipski said he spent a day in Pennsylvania loading old tires onto a recycling truck to fulfill his community service requirement. The councilman said he retained a lawyer to work on having the Abington matter expunged from his record.

SHAME!

Posted on: 2008/11/14 2:58

Latest Lipski shocker: Councilman was busted for DUI after another 'Dead Head' tribute concert -2006
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/11/14 2:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I still can't believe that in this day and age of hitech that no one caught this incident on video and posted it on youtube.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 1:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/5 13:14
Group:
Registered Users
I doubt that Lipski fell off the wagon and hadn't had a drink in 2 years...what is he going to say...i'm a drunken fool but i usually don't projectile urinate on people...it's tough to love this city and the people who run it..county executives shaking down people, a diabetic mayor who continues to drink like a frat boy and gets into scrapples and now a councilperson who acts like an animal.. I'm having alot of trouble having empathy for Lipski. he has shown very little remorse and acting like an arrogant arse at the last council meeting.

I still have high hopes for what this city could become.. more people like Fulop, Dan Levin and Shelly Skinner will become involved in running this horse town.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 1:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

skepticalhook wrote:
This is all very funny, but PEOPLE-GET SOME PERSPECTIVE

First--It's no surprise that Healy would not have someone resign over an alcohol-related offense, given his own history. He also doesn't think anything is wrong with Willie Flood's (JC counselwoman) nepotism (really embezzlement from JC), or Kabili Tayari's (deputy mayor) auto theft & theft from the local NAACP, or his own debauchery. This is an extremely abbreviated list of the corruption in this town, and these are intentional acts.

Put Lipski's offense at the bottom of the list. At least this guy has admitted he's an alcoholic and is seeking treatment. (Actually, if you believe him, he fell off the wagon after 2 years sober).

I have some PERSPECTIVE which I've had from my very first post about this. We all know that Lipski has said he won't resign his council seat and I never expected him to. His term ends in about 7 months and people will remember this. They have the choice to vote him out. No doubt the would-be opposition is coming up with a lot of creative slogans already. Nor can Healy make him resign even if he wanted him to - a formal recall petition is required for that and it is unlikely that anybody, least of all Mayor Healy, wants to go to the trouble of organizing that.

What I've been talking about from the getgo here is Lipski's other job - Executive Director of Create Charter High School - a PUBLICLY FUNDED high school, I might add, where he is supposed to be a role model for the students attending there (if it was a private high school it would be entirely in the hands of the school's board of directors and I wouldn't care so much because its not my money anyway). Why do my tax dollars have to pay somebody to run a school who, in my mind, is an extremely poor role model for the teenagers attending it? Lipski has not said anything about whether he will be leaving his post at this school but it doesn't look like anything has changed, nor have we heard anything about Create Charter's trustees having any kind of special meeting.

Lipski can be voted out of his council seat. He can't be voted out of this position at a public school paid for with your and my tax dollars.

Posted on: 2008/11/14 1:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
This is all very funny, but PEOPLE-GET SOME PERSPECTIVE

First--It's no surprise that Healy would not have someone resign over an alcohol-related offense, given his own history. He also doesn't think anything is wrong with Willie Flood's (JC counselwoman) nepotism (really embezzlement from JC), or Kabili Tayari's (deputy mayor) auto theft & theft from the local NAACP, or his own debauchery. This is an extremely abbreviated list of the corruption in this town, and these are intentional acts.

Put Lipski's offense at the bottom of the list. At least this guy has admitted he's an alcoholic and is seeking treatment. (Actually, if you believe him, he fell off the wagon after 2 years sober).

Posted on: 2008/11/13 21:35

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/13 22:23
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Healy did speak up, he said that Lipski doesn't need to resign.

Demand that Lipski resign. Demand it.

If you sit idly by, you are endorsing this inexcusable behavior.

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/jerse ... 26561236178300.xml&coll=3

Posted on: 2008/11/13 17:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

soulman wrote:
Perhaps he should get one of these.
http://www.uroclub.com/details.html

Resized Image

Do they sell a similar device for #2 or would you just use your golf bag? Ewwwww, I think I just grossed myself out!

Posted on: 2008/11/13 13:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/6 11:43
From Historic Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Perhaps he should get one of these.
http://www.uroclub.com/details.html

Posted on: 2008/11/13 12:54

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »