Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Winds blamed for sparking Downtown Jersey City fire ( FJB Comic Books and Video Games on York St.)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SpyderVash wrote:

As for my Scrabble buddies, everything is set up so I'm ready to return to winning by default =)

Game on, Spyboy!

Posted on: 2008/12/1 21:50

Re: Winds blamed for sparking Downtown Jersey City fire ( FJB Comic Books and Video Games on York St.)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/1 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Hey everyone just letting you know that I'm back up and running but have relocated a few blocks away. It's probably going to take at least 6 months to fix the old store. I want to say thanks to EVERYONE!!! who helped whether it was with info I needed, a good word and even just the offer of assistance. Alot of my customers live closer to the new location and the rest just walk over. So it hasn't been that much of an inconvenience. So anything you need you know how to find me As for my Scrabble buddies, everything is set up so I'm ready to return to winning by default =) Thanks, Floyd...your Friendly Neighborhood SpyderVash (I always wanted to say that) FJB Comics & Games 17 Coles St JC, NJ 07302 12p-7p everyday 201-946-2200 Between Newark Ave & Columbus, 1 Block from Jersey Ave, right next to Hudson County Art Supply Photobucket

Posted on: 2008/12/1 20:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/8 19:40
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I spoke to Floyd and it seems he will be relocating his shop at least temporarily...

Posted on: 2008/10/31 0:55
www.ninasdogwalk.com

A positive attitude brings strength, energy and initiative.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/28 21:50
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
HOLY SHEET!!! Floyd, I cant believe it!! I didnt come by this wed cause all that was out was the new spider-man annual, and who cares about the backstory of Jackpot. Anywho, i will be in hopefully soon to pick up the new Old Man Logan and Kick-Ass (which u totally got me addicted to). Great store, and hey, any publicity is good publicity!!!

Posted on: 2008/10/30 23:52

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/1 22:15
Group:
Registered Users
saying that Floyd is a nice guy is an understatement. He has got to be one of the last gentlemen left in Jersey City. His mild personality has got to be a reflection of his home life. Your parents did a wounderful job on you buddy. I am so happy that everything is ok with your store. GOD BLESS YOU

Posted on: 2008/10/28 1:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/5 13:14
Group:
Registered Users
Floyd is nice guy.....for all interested in shopping locally check out his store...competively priced on big ticket items..Wii games, play stations ect ect..he'll order what you need

Posted on: 2008/10/26 22:45

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/4 14:33
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Wow that is some crazy shit, glad to hear you're alright Floyd. Good thing your place didn't get any major damage either.

Posted on: 2008/10/26 16:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/8 19:40
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Thank God and everything else that his business remains in tact and everyone's okay...

Posted on: 2008/10/26 12:39
www.ninasdogwalk.com

A positive attitude brings strength, energy and initiative.

Re: Winds blamed for sparking Downtown Jersey City fire ( FJB Comic Books and Video Games on York St
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
I love that Floyd was so calm and kept his humor throughout. I on the other hand, was in panic mode, and could not calm down until I saw the smoke and flames completely gone. And what the feck was the deal with PSE&G, arriving ONE HOUR after the 911 call?

Posted on: 2008/10/26 6:33

Re: Winds blamed for sparking Downtown Jersey City fire ( FJB Comic Books and Video Games on York St
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Floyd Bennett !!

Posted on: 2008/10/26 4:43

Winds blamed for sparking Downtown Jersey City fire ( FJB Comic Books and Video Games on York St.)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Winds blamed for sparking Jersey City fire

by Reena Rose Sibayan
The Jersey Journal
Saturday October 25, 2008, 8:20 PM

Resized Image
A freak chain reaction started with today's wind and ended in flames on York Street in Downtown Jersey City.

Today's gusty winds are being blamed for setting a fire on York Street in Downtown Jersey City just before 5 this afternoon by pushing tree limbs into electrical lines that sent sparks into the second floor of a building.

Resized Image
Store owner Floyd Bennett describes the chain reaction that set his building on fire this afternoon.

Resized Image
A firefighter received a minor shock while battling the blaze, officials told The Jersey Journal.

"I was outside making a phone call when I saw the wind blow over the tree and hit the electric lines straight into the building. That's pretty much when I called 911," Floyd Bennett, owner of FJB Comic Books and Video Games on the first floor of the affected building.

He said that he went back inside the store right away to get two customers out.

A firefighter was "shocked but it was minor, he is back on duty," Deputy Fire Chief Tim Kearny said.

He said the apartment on the second floor was empty at the time of the fire.

According to Bennett, the landlord lives upstairs but he had left "about two hours ago. I had called to make sure he wasn't still up there but he had left already."

Bennett said that he will probably be open tomorrow adding, "It's just a little water damage."

Posted on: 2008/10/26 4:24

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017