Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parking Tickets...
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/13 17:44
From Hamilton Park(ish)
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

nikkiinnj wrote:
Quote:

jillianp wrote:
You do know you have to get a parking permit right? It is $10/year for residents, but I think you will have to change your plates to NJ (not 100% sure). I do know, however, that your insurance must reflect your current address, you will have to show a lease or something else to prove you are living here, and your registration must be in your name. The Parking Authority is located on Central Ave in JC. You should get this taken care of ASAP or you will continue getting tickets and they will probably just tow/boot your car at a certain point.
Also...FYI-there is no street cleaning on Wednesdays.

http://www.getnj.com/jerseycity/parkingpermit.shtml

Not all streets/neighborhoods require parking permits. If you live close to Bayonne then odds are that you don't need one.

If you can, go to court to fight the tickets. I'd also take photos of the area where you received the 2nd ticket to show that there wasn't proper signage.

Some areas have Wednesday street cleaning as well as Saturdays. Yes you must have Jersey plates especially if your insurance reflects your current J.C. address. And I believe the fee is up to $15. Here in J.C. we take our parking seriously.

Sorry for any incorrect info I gave...
I was just at the parking authority and thought it was still $10...and I didn't realize there was street cleaning in JC on Wednesdays...Shows what I know!

Posted on: 2008/10/22 14:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nikkiinnj wrote:
Quote:

jillianp wrote:
You do know you have to get a parking permit right? It is $10/year for residents, but I think you will have to change your plates to NJ (not 100% sure). I do know, however, that your insurance must reflect your current address, you will have to show a lease or something else to prove you are living here, and your registration must be in your name. The Parking Authority is located on Central Ave in JC. You should get this taken care of ASAP or you will continue getting tickets and they will probably just tow/boot your car at a certain point.

Not all streets/neighborhoods require parking permits. If you live close to Bayonne then odds are that you don't need one.

If you can, go to court to fight the tickets. I'd also take photos of the area where you received the 2nd ticket to show that there wasn't proper signage.

Some areas have Wednesday street cleaning as well as Saturdays. Yes you must have Jersey plates especially if your insurance reflects your current J.C. address. And I believe the fee is up to $15. Here in J.C. we take our parking seriously.

Posted on: 2008/10/22 14:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/17 23:54
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jillianp wrote:

Posted on: 2008/10/22 13:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/13 17:44
From Hamilton Park(ish)
Group:
Banned
Quote:

kmahoney wrote:
I am relatively new the area, living close to Bayonne. I have Virginia plates, and in the past two days I have received 3 tickets. Two of them were FOUR MINUTES apart from each other for not moving my car during street cleaning. I have no problem paying one ticket for that. Today, I got one that said 'parked in non designated parking area' but I was not in the red or the yellow, or on a side of street where there was sweeping or anything else going on. I am starting to think I am getting ticketed because I have out of state plates. I am going to court to fight two of the three tickets. Any suggestions on how to stop this from happening? Also, having to move my car 5 days a week for street cleaning (which does nothing!) is getting pretty absurd.

Posted on: 2008/10/22 13:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kmahoney wrote:
Also, having to move my car 5 days a week for street cleaning (which does nothing!) is getting pretty absurd.

Yup, I did it for 3 years and then finally decided to get a garage spot. Basically you need to move your car every day except Wed. As a general rule it is best if you move your car in the evening so that it is 'safe' for the next day. If you try in the morning you'll have a much harder time finding a spot.

Posted on: 2008/10/22 1:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:
I am starting to think I am getting ticketed because I have out of state plates.

Do you have a proper parking permit? if not, you're lucky you haven't been booted yet.

Posted on: 2008/10/22 0:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/22 2:28
Group:
Registered Users
Welcome to JC! I would read the signs again, I have never had that problem, but I have heard that people sometimes get more then one ticket during street cleaning. You could ask your neighbors as well. Good luck!

Posted on: 2008/10/22 0:24

Parking Tickets...

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/17 18:37
Group:
Registered Users
I am relatively new the area, living close to Bayonne. I have Virginia plates, and in the past two days I have received 3 tickets. Two of them were FOUR MINUTES apart from each other for not moving my car during street cleaning. I have no problem paying one ticket for that. Today, I got one that said 'parked in non designated parking area' but I was not in the red or the yellow, or on a side of street where there was sweeping or anything else going on. I am starting to think I am getting ticketed because I have out of state plates. I am going to court to fight two of the three tickets. Any suggestions on how to stop this from happening? Also, having to move my car 5 days a week for street cleaning (which does nothing!) is getting pretty absurd.

Posted on: 2008/10/22 0:07

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017