Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: New rules to address noise complaints for restaurants and nightclubs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/7 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Still up for sale....he's got the dumb~dumb~head patrons in masks, swinging hammers at this hour. Swear to God. Please ~ who do I call at 9am tomorrow to complain?

Posted on: 2013/2/25 1:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Wasn't Guillo's up for sale? Is it a new owner who is renovating?

Posted on: 2013/2/25 1:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, Guillo's (dive) bar in the corner of Coles & Sixth.
Yes, hammers are still banging away right now.
Who do I call in the morning? City Building Dept, a lawyer, etc.?

Posted on: 2013/2/25 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
What bar, Guillo's? They are renovating?
Quote:

HamiltonParker wrote:
Laid down for a nap at noon today ~ the bar's now in full blown construction mode ~ circular saw on the sidewalk, sheets of plywood, hammers pounding, etc. No permit.

This can't be legal on a Sunday?

Maybe they're installing soundproof Sheetrock? Haha!

Anyone have a smoke bomb that I can borrow? Only kidding. Lordy.

Posted on: 2013/2/24 23:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
I told you guys to buy the JJ everyday. You find some very interesting items in the legal section fine print. Like the awarding of no bid contracts for HC and JC. Amazing stuff. For the last two weeks the notices for Entertainment application renewal?s have been in the paper.

Below is an example of one of them for DTJC on 2/18/13 for Zeppelin Hall. Surf City and OHara's Downtown were also in the 02/18/13 edition. Hard Grove was in Saturday?s paper. Last week The Iron Monkey, Light Horse Tavern, The Latin Lounge, and Jordan?s Seafood & Steak.

Maybe you can write to the same address about your problem with the bar next to you. Maybe their renewal is coming up. Good luck.

Public Notice

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE THAT 211 Washington Street Inc. has submitted an Entertainment application to the Division of Commerce, City of Jersey City, Department of Housing, Economic Development & Commence, for the issuance of a Restaurant Entertainment License, Class1 in order to operate an Entertainment Establishment in the premise located at 88 Liberty View Drive, Jersey City, New Jersey trading as Zeppelin Hall Restaurant & Biergarten in accordance with Chapter 157 (Entertainment and Dance Licenses) of the Jersey City Municipal Code.

ANY PERSON OR PERSONS having objections to the issuance of said license shall file such objections in writing, to the attention of Maynard Woodson, Director, Division of Commerce, 382 Martin L. King Drive, Jersey City, New Jersey, 07305 within twenty (20) days of the date of publication of this notice.

BY ORDER OF: The Municipal Council of the City of Jersey City

Maynard Woodson, Director of Commerce

02/11 & 02/18/13

These kind of City notices really belong online, and not hidden within pages of a newspaper that few people buy.

Posted on: 2013/2/24 20:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Laid down for a nap at noon today ~ the bar's now in full blown construction mode ~ circular saw on the sidewalk, sheets of plywood, hammers pounding, etc. No permit.

This can't be legal on a Sunday?

Maybe they're installing soundproof Sheetrock? Haha!

Anyone have a smoke bomb that I can borrow? Only kidding. Lordy.

Posted on: 2013/2/24 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Write to city hall that have a noise ordinance, the EPA of New Jersey that have noise legislation and to the JCPD District Commander .... I'd CC a copy to Healy and your elected councillor.
Get yourself a sound meter to measure decibels and record the time of day you have the problem - Get a diary going.

As a payback, get yourself a train horn and give it a toot from time to time to let your neighbor you're not happy with their noise - Sometime a tit for tat mentality could work.....it would be interesting to know if police come out for your noise !

The true fault for this problem is with City Hall, who grant planning permits to developers or to restuarant owners that are within close proximity to each other - one needs a permit for live entertainment that generates noise and you also need a liquor license to operate after a certain time which also has a compounding effect on anti-social behavior in the community and quality of life issues for residents

Posted on: 2013/2/24 9:27
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HamiltonParker wrote:
Can't stand the noise from the dive bar next door any longer. The (shared) brick walls of my home shake daily from noon until 1am or whenever they decide to close for the night.

Have tried talking with Guilo (bar owner) several times. The police can't be bothered with our calls as they're too preoccupied with more important crime fighting activities.

What to do? Who's called a lawyer with any success?

No, I cannot move.
Yes, this bar is open 365 days a year..
Please help...

what do you mean you cannot move?

Posted on: 2013/2/24 4:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I told you guys to buy the JJ everyday. You find some very interesting items in the legal section fine print. Like the awarding of no bid contracts for HC and JC. Amazing stuff. For the last two weeks the notices for Entertainment application renewal?s have been in the paper.

Below is an example of one of them for DTJC on 2/18/13 for Zeppelin Hall. Surf City and OHara's Downtown were also in the 02/18/13 edition. Hard Grove was in Saturday?s paper. Last week The Iron Monkey, Light Horse Tavern, The Latin Lounge, and Jordan?s Seafood & Steak.

Maybe you can write to the same address about your problem with the bar next to you. Maybe their renewal is coming up. Good luck.

Public Notice

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE THAT 211 Washington Street Inc. has submitted an Entertainment application to the Division of Commerce, City of Jersey City, Department of Housing, Economic Development & Commence, for the issuance of a Restaurant Entertainment License, Class1 in order to operate an Entertainment Establishment in the premise located at 88 Liberty View Drive, Jersey City, New Jersey trading as Zeppelin Hall Restaurant & Biergarten in accordance with Chapter 157 (Entertainment and Dance Licenses) of the Jersey City Municipal Code.

ANY PERSON OR PERSONS having objections to the issuance of said license shall file such objections in writing, to the attention of Maynard Woodson, Director, Division of Commerce, 382 Martin L. King Drive, Jersey City, New Jersey, 07305 within twenty (20) days of the date of publication of this notice.

BY ORDER OF: The Municipal Council of the City of Jersey City

Maynard Woodson, Director of Commerce

02/11 & 02/18/13

Posted on: 2013/2/24 4:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Can't stand the noise from the dive bar next door any longer. The (shared) brick walls of my home shake daily from noon until 1am or whenever they decide to close for the night.

Have tried talking with Guilo (bar owner) several times. The police can't be bothered with our calls as they're too preoccupied with more important crime fighting activities.

What to do? Who's called a lawyer with any success?

No, I cannot move.
Yes, this bar is open 365 days a year..
Please help...

Posted on: 2013/2/24 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Boy, this thread suddenly got a lot shorter.
And is poorer for it.

Talk about cranky old men in bathrobes!

Posted on: 2009/5/7 2:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/20 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
p.s. And, you can take Steve Fulop with you.

Posted on: 2009/5/6 14:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/20 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
They?re not at all outnumbered. Not everyone who enjoys a night out is a hipster. And, not every professional is a cranky old man in a bathrobe yelling about noise. If you live anywhere near the Lampost or Lucky 7?s, you?ve chosen poorly if it?s quiet living you?re after. You might consider a gated community or luxury building. Or, dare I say, the burbs?.Otherwise, please stop complaining about street noise in my neighborhood, crickets keep me up at night!

Posted on: 2009/5/6 14:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
"You're right about that. JC will never have any nightlife because people here think they live in the suburbs where all you should here at night is crickets. And then they turn around and complain that they have to go into the city to go out."

You guys are far outnumbered by either professionals who would rather sleep at night then hear your talent shows or the old timers to whom your music isn't relevant at all. It's one thing if a band had some following and filled the venue, but each time I pass lucky 7's or the lampost the bands there are playing to their 2 friends, mom and girlfriend. Why? Because they are shitty bands who couldn't score a gig at a bigger venue in the city. Your "scene" here is very incestuous, constantly the same people rehashing everything from the good old days of when JC was "cool". There's the handlebar guy, the hairdressers from balance, that leon trotsky character that makes weird lamps and that dude from gallery 64. On any given night, you will see at least one of these characters diligently "supporting" the "scene". Grow the eff up, get a real job and let people sleep on weekdays instead of creating contrived environments for picking up your next lay.

What's that saying the kids use these days? You Hipsters been OWNED.

Posted on: 2009/5/6 13:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
"You're right about that. JC will never have any nightlife because people here think they live in the suburbs where all you should here at night is crickets. And then they turn around and complain that they have to go into the city to go out."

You guys are far outnumbered by either professionals who would rather sleep at night then hear your talent shows or the old timers to whom your music isn't relevant at all. It's one thing if a band had some following and filled the venue, but each time I pass lucky 7's or the lampost the bands there are playing to their 2 friends, mom and girlfriend. Why? Because they are shitty bands who couldn't score a gig at a bigger venue in the city. Your "scene" here is very incestuous, constantly the same people rehashing everything from the good old days of when JC was "cool". There's the handlebar guy, the hairdressers from balance, that leon trotsky character that makes weird lamps and that dude from gallery 64. On any given night, you will see at least one of these characters diligently "supporting" the "scene". Grow the eff up, get a real job and let people sleep on weekdays instead of creating contrived environments for picking up your next lay.

Posted on: 2009/5/6 13:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ErinMaiden wrote:
i've played the lampost on a tuesday, so i'm sorry for interupting your NCIS.
And just b/c you play a dive bar doesn't mean you're a shitty band, it just means you live in a shitty town that can't support a great venue b/c people love to complain....

You're right about that. JC will never have any nightlife because people here think they live in the suburbs where all you should here at night is crickets. And then they turn around and complain that they have to go into the city to go out.

Posted on: 2009/5/6 11:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 14:49
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
i've played the lampost on a tuesday, so i'm sorry for interupting your NCIS.
And just b/c you play a dive bar doesn't mean you're a shitty band, it just means you live in a shitty town that can't support a great venue b/c people love to complain....

Posted on: 2009/5/4 18:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
GnomeGeneral wrote:

Quote:

I wonder if you would be saying that if the light horse tavern turned into a dive bar where shitty bands played until 2 am. Bar clientele changes, the one next door to me was quiet and then all the hipster losers with handlebar mustaches discovered it...

Lamp Post?!

Posted on: 2009/5/4 14:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:

If the bar was there when you moved in it is definitely your fault.[/quote]

I wonder if you would be saying that if the light horse tavern turned into a dive bar where shitty bands played until 2 am. Bar clientele changes, the one next door to me was quiet and then all the hipster losers with handlebar mustaches discovered it. Now I have to smell cigarette smoke and patchouli every time I step outside. The music blows too. What good band is gonna play in a dive bar in JC on a sunday night. This shit is just unnecessary, its noise pollution that lowers the quality of life here.[/quote]

So True.

Posted on: 2009/4/20 16:21

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/30 18:45
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
when someone hit our first car the kid across the street and my brother had to call the cops before they came.

Last night i could hear the people at Idigos yelling in the street. luckily they quieted down before i went to bed.

Posted on: 2009/4/20 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Sateen wrote:
I don't really hear noise from the bar on 1st Indigos or whatever.. lovely individual hang out there.

my problem is they have now hit two of our cars b/c they were drunk. one when we were on vacation but luckily my brother was at my apt and the kid across the street saw part of it and the 2nd i dunno when but my wheel well didn't get scratched up by itself. I would have notice doing that to it.

I part at grove point in a handicap spot next to a column so i know that it didn't get hit there and I don't really drive anywhere else. The cops should be paying attention to the drunkards getting in their cars.

I have no doubt this is because of the bar. Same thing happened to my car near Simple when it was a rowdier bar. I also witnessed a guy, leaving the bar, kick a side-view mirror off a neighbors car. I called the cops but they never showed. Bars= Trouble.

Posted on: 2009/4/20 16:00

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/5 19:45
Group:
Banned
So you had no witnesses, but the only possible culprits must be people from a specific bar nearby? Because nobody else driving through downtown Jersey City could have possibly dinged your wheel well?

I wouldn't rush out to open a private detective agency any time soon if I were you.

Posted on: 2009/4/20 14:21

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/30 18:45
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
I don't really hear noise from the bar on 1st Indigos or whatever.. lovely individual hang out there.

my problem is they have now hit two of our cars b/c they were drunk. one when we were on vacation but luckily my brother was at my apt and the kid across the street saw part of it and the 2nd i dunno when but my wheel well didn't get scratched up by itself. I would have notice doing that to it.

I part at grove point in a handicap spot next to a column so i know that it didn't get hit there and I don't really drive anywhere else. The cops should be paying attention to the drunkards getting in their cars.

Posted on: 2009/4/20 12:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
[/quote]
If the bar was there when you moved in it is definitely your fault.[/quote]

I wonder if you would be saying that if the light horse tavern turned into a dive bar where shitty bands played until 2 am. Bar clientele changes, the one next door to me was quiet and then all the hipster losers with handlebar mustaches discovered it. Now I have to smell cigarette smoke and patchouli every time I step outside. The music blows too. What good band is gonna play in a dive bar in JC on a sunday night. This shit is just unnecessary, its noise pollution that lowers the quality of life here.

Posted on: 2009/4/19 19:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/9 20:30
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
And no, it's not the renters/owners fault for living next door to a bar. If you are in a residential area, its the bars that should be held accountable.

If the bar was there when you moved in it is definitely your fault.

Posted on: 2009/4/19 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's the case. If you live on the same block as a bar, it's nearly impossible to fall asleep on the weekends. (Sundays including) And no, it's not the renters/owners fault for living next door to a bar. If you are in a residential area, its the bars that should be held accountable.

Posted on: 2009/4/19 19:07

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/30 16:58
Group:
Registered Users
I heard from one source that Steve Fullop was backing this ordinance and that as it is currently written most if not all of the bars in downtown Jersey City would lose their entertainment licenses and therefore not be able to have live bands/ DJs.

Does anyone have more information on this or know if the above is true?

Posted on: 2009/4/19 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:
icechute, i am up for discussing, but i want more than just annoyed people who live over bars complaining about the noise as the pro stance. Yeah, i'm sure it sucks to live above a bar, thats why i'd never move above one.

Erin,

It's not just about living above a bar, and yes, for anyone who does and has noise issues, that's the breaks for renting a place like that.

The much bigger issue, and the one that gets talked and written about much more, are loud groups outside the bars on residential blocks at 2 AM, thumping bass that can be heard half a block away (not an exaggeration), bottles thrown on the street, drunken fights, peoples stoops and gardens used as urinals, etc.

You want to have a discussion? Those are the issues.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 13:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Metropolis wrote: Quote:
GrovePath wrote: The new proposal limits restaurants to a decibel level of 55 decibels from noon to 10 p.m. and then 45 decibels from 10 p.m. until closing. Nightclubs would be restricted to 65 decibels from noon to 10 p.m. and 50 decibels from 10 p.m. to closing. Sound measurements could be taken either inside or outside the establishment depending on the nature of the complaint, officials said.
I think this needs some clarification... 65 decibels is the equivalent of a normal conversation between 2 people. Clubs would be in violation of the ordinance if a waiter dropped a plate on the floor! Mark.
+1 Mark! See Below: Decibels Environmental

Posted on: 2009/4/13 19:46
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 14:49
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
icechute,
i am up for discussing, but i want more than just annoyed people who live over bars complaining about the noise as the pro stance. Yeah, i'm sure it sucks to live above a bar, thats why i'd never move above one.

i'm glad to see the council is working w/ the bars and restaurants hopefully they can come to a compromise.

Posted on: 2009/4/13 19:25

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017