Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Greenville: Suspect Killed By Police
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
fyi CK - I never once attacked you for forming a different opinion then I. That must be too hard for you to do, Judging from your POSTS on here, you attack quite a few people because their opinion differs from yours. But i'm sure this is where you get your faceless kicks.. sh*t you would never DARE to say to peoples faces.

little known fact angeldust and Dip are two different things :)

Dip is a cigarette or weed dipped in embalming fluid and angel dust is an disassociative Anesthetic. If you want to be such a die hard activist for the bettering of JC neighborhoods maybe you should school yourself in some street names of drugs and WTF you are talking about.

Have a great night...
PS - If you don't want to be faceless you are more then welcome to join me at my favorite neighborhood "hood" bar for a drink, you know the one where someone got stabbed last week.

Good times for all!

Posted on: 2008/9/16 21:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CANKICKER wrote:
Quote:

greenville wrote:
Quote:

CANKICKER wrote:
Quote:

greenville wrote:
Damn NewHeights, you have no regard for human life, your a racist, and you full of sh*t. I do not support criminals but I also do not support criminal behavior by law enforcement personnel so I'm entitle to question actions when certain things don't add up.

So yr judge, jury and executioner and therefore feel that
the true criminal in this case was law enforcement???HUH???

You along with G-ville chic and JennyMayala must be tripping on some nasty stuff today????

Huhm

CK

Point to me where I said that? Point it please and make me look like a fool! Unfortunately the only fool is you and newheights. I raised a legitimate question and did not say anyone was guilty of anything.

"criminal behavior by law enforcement"just what are you trying to convey ????Your semantics doesn't impress me, you trying to make something out of nothing!

Nice people don't smoke angeldust and carry guns in their wastebands and if you think not, then you really need some help!

CK

This is what I said, "I do not support criminals but I also do not support criminal behavior by law enforcement personnel so I'm entitle to question actions when certain things don't add up." I raised a question because their is possibility that the cop's story doesn't add up. I never said the cop did anything criminal just that the story is missing facts because it just doesn't add up.

Posted on: 2008/9/16 21:13
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Quote:

greenville wrote:
Quote:

CANKICKER wrote:
Quote:

greenville wrote:
Damn NewHeights, you have no regard for human life, your a racist, and you full of sh*t. I do not support criminals but I also do not support criminal behavior by law enforcement personnel so I'm entitle to question actions when certain things don't add up.

You along with G-ville chic and JennyMayala must be tripping on some nasty stuff today????

Huhm

CK

Point to me where I said that? Point it please and make me look like a fool! Unfortunately the only fool is you and newheights. I raised a legitimate question and did not say anyone was guilty of anything.

"criminal behavior by law enforcement"just what are you trying to convey ????Your semantics doesn't impress me, you trying to make something out of nothing!

Nice people don't smoke angeldust and carry guns in their wastebands and if you think not, then you really need some help!

CK

Posted on: 2008/9/16 21:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Quote:

CANKICKER wrote:
Quote:

greenville wrote:

Huhm

CK

Relax, sweetie. I actually agree with your position on this. Much as it pains me...

Hey precious, your not doing me any favors!so don't seat it.

CK

Posted on: 2008/9/16 21:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CANKICKER wrote:
Quote:

greenville wrote:

Huhm

CK

Posted on: 2008/9/16 20:59
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

CANKICKER wrote:
Quote:

greenville wrote:

Huhm

CK

Relax, sweetie. I actually agree with your position on this. Much as it pains me...

Posted on: 2008/9/16 20:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

greenville wrote:

Huhm

CK

Posted on: 2008/9/16 20:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

shane612 wrote:
You offer a valid reason for your response, Greenvillechick. Ignore the self-righteous who can't let go of the anger that keeps them from seeing the complete picture.

+1 million.

I marvel at how ugly it gets around here when someone tries to share a unique opinion, speak with their heart, or, even worse, with an open mind. I guess some people find it threatening and have to resort to name calling and other lame tactics, rather than just acknowledging differing opinions.

Keep letting your voice be heard, GreenvilleChick! I'm still totally cool with what the cops did, but your POV is interesting nevertheless.

Posted on: 2008/9/16 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/9/16 20:17
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
Everything is starting to make complete sense. I always wondered why certain communities are in the situation they are in. Greenville chick and Greenville might have answered those questions.

Posted on: 2008/9/16 20:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/30 0:28
From Belmont Ave.
Group:
Registered Users
oh come on! you're mad because a cop shot and killed a convicted felon who was high on drugs and carrying a loaded weapon?! that's just ridiculous.

greenvillchick, i'm probably of the same cloth as you - i prefer city life and i tend to like rougher neighborhoods and the inhabitants thereof. i went to school in harlem, spent a lot of time in paterson, and now spend most of my time in jersey city. but when the circumstances fit (as in this case), arguing against it lessens the legitimacy of any sort of movement away from racial profiling or stereotyping.

Posted on: 2008/9/16 18:41

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/4 18:24
Group:
Registered Users
You offer a valid reason for your response, Greenvillechick. Ignore the self-righteous who can't let go of the anger that keeps them from seeing the complete picture.

Posted on: 2008/9/16 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:
I really dont side with criminals and "thugs", but I live side by side with what you perceive to be those types of people (black, white puerto-rican), I get to know them, I see it, No I am not a bad person... I don't partake in these activities, I don't even smoke weed 9which im sure some of you do). I work full-time, pay my rent on time, and generally mind my business. It's hard to make a observation or statement about someone unless you truely know them and that goes for both sides. I never said he shouldn't have been punished, I am saying he should not have been murdered. I think some of the comments are sterotypical of the black community and it bothers me that people still are on that type of mind-set. After all this is a forum, it's a place for people to communicate, I am not arguing simply stating my opinion, I do read all the posts, I take into consideration everyones words, I listen, I digest and then I form my opinion. If I feel I am wrong or you have made a valid point, I am not beneath myself to admit it, I also do not name call, call you stupid or an idiot because you do not agree with me, not everyone is going to agree with everyone, after all that's pretty boring. My thing is, some people have never been exposed to a world outside their own... I have been on both sides of the fence, I grew up in an all-white upperclass neighborhood, moved to the South Bronx, Paterson and then finally JC... I prefer living in a city compared to the suburbs, but that's me.

That was also to clear up the posts about me being a thug lover I guess....

Would you have the same opinion if he had shot the Cop ? Would you be making such a Strong argument for the Cops behalf if this were the flipside, that is would you be as passionate if we were discussing the murder of a cop due to a thug with a gun who got pulled over at 1:40am?

Something tells me Not ! Why?, because you have empathy for these Lowlifes and your perception is so blurry that you actualy can't distinguish between right and Wrong.

CK

Posted on: 2008/9/16 17:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
All I know is Jersey City has one less scumbag to worry about.

Right on !

CK

Posted on: 2008/9/16 17:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
I really dont side with criminals and "thugs", but I live side by side with what you perceive to be those types of people (black, white puerto-rican), I get to know them, I see it, No I am not a bad person... I don't partake in these activities, I don't even smoke weed 9which im sure some of you do). I work full-time, pay my rent on time, and generally mind my business. It's hard to make a observation or statement about someone unless you truely know them and that goes for both sides. I never said he shouldn't have been punished, I am saying he should not have been murdered. I think some of the comments are sterotypical of the black community and it bothers me that people still are on that type of mind-set. After all this is a forum, it's a place for people to communicate, I am not arguing simply stating my opinion, I do read all the posts, I take into consideration everyones words, I listen, I digest and then I form my opinion. If I feel I am wrong or you have made a valid point, I am not beneath myself to admit it, I also do not name call, call you stupid or an idiot because you do not agree with me, not everyone is going to agree with everyone, after all that's pretty boring. My thing is, some people have never been exposed to a world outside their own... I have been on both sides of the fence, I grew up in an all-white upperclass neighborhood, moved to the South Bronx, Paterson and then finally JC... I prefer living in a city compared to the suburbs, but that's me.

That was also to clear up the posts about me being a thug lover I guess....

Posted on: 2008/9/16 16:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
All I know is Jersey City has one less scumbag to worry about.

Posted on: 2008/9/16 16:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/26 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Unfortunately we may never know what truly happened. The police have a motive to slant the story in their favor. The passengers have a motive to slant the story in their favor. What we do know is that the passenger that has spoken does not know what happened. Presumably there are 4 people that know what happened and one is dead. I am interested in why the other back seat passenger (I believe there was one) has not spoken.

I do believe that those that say that he deserved to die because of his past or because he carried a gun are wrong. I also disagree with those that believe the officers should disregard their safety to protect others. I do know that if I was in that situation in the car, I would not be surprised if I was shot. Not because police are corrupt or bad but because I put an officer in a life threatening situation and his response is within the realm of possibilities.

While this may put a stress on our community, I would hope that community leaders act responsibly and teach our children to avoid situations like this. Rather than blame a police officer (presumably with a family) that some may say overreacted (I am not necessarily saying this because I don't know all of the facts), we should teach our children to avoid carrying guns, to avoid using drugs (especially in moving vehicles), and to avoid placing themselves in situations that are dangerous. The blame game doesn't solve any problems, teaching our children to act responsibly does.

Posted on: 2008/9/16 16:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Again it goes back to the company you keep. I for one don't hang around with convicted felons that pack heat while high on drugs.

below are 2 examples of simple arithmatic

1+ 1 +1 =3

convicted felon + illicit drugs + handgun = NO GOOD

This should be taught in math class at the JC high schools

Posted on: 2008/9/16 16:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
Well people there it is , the statement I've been waiting for. The grandmother, the woman who raised him, the one that knew him best. I consider her word bond. I guess this means we're going to have to find the police guilty of excessive use of force, they never should of shot this guy. According to granny he wasn't going to shot the police. Just because he has had three prior conviction, that he has plead guilty to by the way, doesn't mean he was going to pull the gun out on the police. He's a changed man, he has seen the error of his ways, I'm sorry granny I should have spoken to you before I left my last post, what was I thinking. I don't know why the police didn't go directly to grannys house and asked her if her grandson would be capable of commiting such an act, because granny wouldn't lie. Yes he admmited to making a few mistakes in life, I can understand someone might break the law if they were desperate and realize it was a mistake, and want to mend thier ways. I think that is what happened here, he SAW the light after his THIRD conviction of weapons and drugs offense, he FOUND his way to the PATH of righteousness and truth. I watch those programs on cable t.v. lockup abroad, and lockdown"San Quentin", and "Peliquin Bay", they are all missunderstood individuals who made, " Alittle mistake in life and want to repent and be forgiven and possibly given another chance in this world to live in peace and harmony amongst society. They found the errors of thier ways and realized that they made a mistake have been punished for it and now want to be a respected, upstanding, lawabiding citizen. I mean after all he must be a changed man when the police asked who had the drugs he was honest enough to admit to having it in his pocket and was more than willing to hand it over, he just forgot he had that gun in his pocket, I can see that happening, I mean I've put thing in my pockets and forgotten they were there. I mean just because he made a few mistakes doesn't make him a bad guy.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME...

I don't get it you expect me to believe the word of the guy who was in the front seat of the car. I'm sure he sat in the front seat and the cops let him turn around and watch his friend reach for the drugs. I've seen enough of those cops shows to know that when the cops have a car stopped they don't let the passengers make eye contact or move around in the car. Maybe we should take the word of granny after all why would she lie for her grandson, she admmited he made some mistakes in life and now is looking to make a new man out of himself, give me a break. You make one mistake in life and you tell yourself I'm never going to do that again. You change your life around if you really want too. I can honest agree with someone making a big mistake like committing a crime with a gun and going to jail and realizing it was the wrong thing to do, a desperate act, but not when you do it again, and again, and again. Sorry granny but you'd better come up with some better witnesses if you want me to believe that story other than the guy in the front seat.

Posted on: 2008/9/16 16:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Greenvillechick- I don't want to throw gas on the fire here but looking at your history of posts you always tend to side with the crimminals and thugs. Why is that? I'm not trying to to start a fight here but it's pretty clear that you are on the side of the bag guys making excuses for them. If you carry a loaded gun (been convicted THREE TIMES prior) you need to accept the cards you are dealt.

Live by the gun die by the gun.

Posted on: 2008/9/16 16:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
New Heights -

if your going to make statements about the other occupants please let them at least be facts... Did I miss the part where they also listed the criminal occupants as being high and havings a record?

Posted on: 2008/9/16 16:10

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/19 14:35
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
It's too bad the guy got shot IF he really didn't mean to shoot a cop, but his behavior was fairly suspicious to begin with.

If you are carrying a handgun, you are asking for gunplay.

Showing your handgun in front of a cop means you are asking for suicide by cop.

If the guy's intentions were good, he could have said he had a gun, wanted to disarm, held up his hands, done something to indicate his intent not to shoot the police. Or, when the police pulled him over, he could have put the gun under the seat. He evidently decided to be a badass.

Whether or not he pulled a gun on the police, and who knows the truth, he created a situation in which a very dangerous situation was likely to happen, and it did.

I won't call him names, because he was human, and, yes, the environment, race, social class, location, and time of day were all factors, but, man, what do you expect acting like that? I have neighbors of that age and race who weren't out driving around with guns at 2 in the morning but were in the house asleep or watching TV, and they're still alive.

Posted on: 2008/9/16 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
the police stopped a vehicle carrying convicted felons high on drugs with a handgun they were willing to use on the police.

Posted on: 2008/9/16 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
new heights -

read correctly, that wasn't my post but thanks

Posted on: 2008/9/16 15:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
WAKE -

I appreciate your response, I am nowhere saying the guy was an innocent man in his prior convictions or possessing narcotics.. hell he admitted to it! What I do not agree with is his killing, unforuntately this is going to make a pretty big impact in our neighborhood with regards to the cops and residents.

What really bothers me the most... none of the passengers have been charged with any crime. I guess they got the wrong vehicle.. and where is the article about "said" robbery? I didn't see that in the JJ...

Posted on: 2008/9/16 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
greenville chick are you kidding? huge light turns night into day? take the gun away? go back to lal la land , you are embarrassing yourself

Just an FYI for everyone , NJ civilians cannot carry handguns period with or without a felony conviction. Why the article even mentions it is beyond me.

Posted on: 2008/9/16 15:56

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

greenville wrote:
Quote:

wakelawyer wrote:
Not only was it dark, not only was he looking in a different direction, but if he were to somehow look back, the headrest, seat and pillars would obstruct his view.

Cops have a huge light on the drivers side of their patrol cars which will turn night into daylight. They would have been able to see everything. And it is really mystifying that the cop who was right next to the suspect would try to save the suspect life by taking the weapon away instead of shooting the suspect dead which is normal procedure. Also if the cop was really fighting for the gun with the officer the other officer would have had a tough time trying to avoid hitting the other cop. But the the suspect was very stupid in the first place by getting high and having a gun in the first place, glad nobody else but him got killed.

I stand corrected on the night issue but do me a favor and sit in the front passenger seat of an SUV, put your hands out the window and tell me how much you can see in the back seat of the vehicle. You need to turn your head to see anything. Presumably the police officers would have prevented this. Even if you could turn your head, it would have to be to the right and I doubt that you could see more than a glimpse of the backseat. Now add in the headrest, the seat you are sitting in and the pillars. Now, as you noted, do this while staring into a bright light. No reasonable person can argue that this guy could see anything happening in the backseat. Again, I invite those that give any credit to the passenger's story to do this and see what they believe he could have seen.

Posted on: 2008/9/16 15:38

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

oh please CanDicker, please show me the article in which he murdered someone.... show me that persons obituary, show me the time he served in jail.... HE DIDN'T so quite frankly, you might as well compare him with Mother Theresa if your going to compare him with Hitler

If you are to believe the police, which I do in this situation, we were spared having to read the police officers' obituaries by their quick response to a life threatening situation. Why else would he have reached for his gun?

The question remains unanswered by those defending the deceased. What reason, other than to use it to kill or severely wound someone, would this guy possess a gun? In looking at his reasons, it is appropriate to look at his past and surrounding circumstances.

He wasn't wearing a bright orange vest and he didn't have a duck call around his neck. It was approximately 1:30 in the morning, he was in a car that matched that used in a robbery (and there aren?t many silver Mercedes SUVs driving around late at night), the car smelled of narcotics, his friend admitted that the deceased possessed narcotics, everyone admits the deceased possessed a semi automatic hand gun and at least displayed it to the police, he had served time and was prohibited from carrying a weapon (I guess we forgot to read that part of the story ? ?Because of a prior conviction, Singleton was barred from carrying a weapon. He served at least six months of a sentence in 2006 for a conviction that carried a maximum 3-year term for possessing illegal weapons, according to the Department of Corrections Web site.? ? and further in the thread we learn that ?Singleton pleaded guilty to weapons and drug offenses in 2001, 2002 and 2005?), and his grandmother admits that he ?had a history with law enforcement (although he "had changed him life around. He was really striving to be successful.").

I can only draw one conclusion and, if you are honest with yourself, so must you.

Posted on: 2008/9/16 15:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

wakelawyer wrote:
Not only was it dark, not only was he looking in a different direction, but if he were to somehow look back, the headrest, seat and pillars would obstruct his view.

Cops have a huge light on the drivers side of their patrol cars which will turn night into daylight. They would have been able to see everything. And it is really mystifying that the cop who was right next to the suspect would try to save the suspect life by taking the weapon away instead of shooting the suspect dead which is normal procedure. Also if the cop was really fighting for the gun with the officer the other officer would have had a tough time trying to avoid hitting the other cop. But the the suspect was very stupid in the first place by getting high and having a gun in the first place, glad nobody else but him got killed.

Posted on: 2008/9/16 15:32
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
oh please CanDicker, please show me the article in which he murdered someone.... show me that persons obituary, show me the time he served in jail.... HE DIDN'T so quite frankly, you might as well compare him with Mother Theresa if your going to compare him with Hitler

Posted on: 2008/9/16 14:53

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017