Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 148

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Library Hall Lofts in Jersey City, NJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Secure parking is a plus, because I wouldn't want to be driving around at night looking for a parking spot. If the Cordage Building ever gets finished that would make that location much more appealing. But cross Communipaw from there and you're on Ocean Avenue in about a block. It would be a little too urban homesteading for me at this point in time.

The apt he is looking at is 1200 a month and it comes with a parking spot. He is also moving from Winthrop St in Bed-stuy so this IMO is a step up.

Posted on: 2013/11/26 21:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Secure parking is a plus, because I wouldn't want to be driving around at night looking for a parking spot. If the Cordage Building ever gets finished that would make that location much more appealing. But cross Communipaw from there and you're on Ocean Avenue in about a block. It would be a little too urban homesteading for me at this point in time.

Posted on: 2013/11/26 21:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
It is the Junction in the Bergen-Lafayette area of JC. Sounds like some real estate people are trying to put some out some spin using Berry Lane instead. Same as Bergen Hill which is just up Summit Avenue.

Quote:

stc4blues wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

stc4blues wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I also noticed the neighborhood has had a name change from Bergen Lafayette to Berry Lane. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Don't know anything about the building, but as far as I know, the neighborhood's still Bergen Lafayette. Berry Lane is the name of the (now on hiatus) park that's being built there right off of, you guessed it, Berry Lane.

There are signs throughout the area that says "welcome to the Berry Lane neighborhood"

Must be rebranding in action.

Posted on: 2013/11/26 21:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

stc4blues wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I also noticed the neighborhood has had a name change from Bergen Lafayette to Berry Lane. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Don't know anything about the building, but as far as I know, the neighborhood's still Bergen Lafayette. Berry Lane is the name of the (now on hiatus) park that's being built there right off of, you guessed it, Berry Lane.

There are signs throughout the area that says "welcome to the Berry Lane neighborhood"

Must be rebranding in action.

Posted on: 2013/11/26 20:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stc4blues wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/11/26 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/11/26 14:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I know this thread is old but a buddy of mine for BK is thinking about moving here, any updated info on the building?

I don't live to far from it but don't know of anyone living there.

Posted on: 2013/11/26 12:46

Re: Library Hall Lofts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/26 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrasg1 wrote:
Anyone know anything about these?
What about the neighborhood?

I will go look tomorrow but in the meantime thought there might be some on here that have info.

Thanks!

The neighborhood is really bad. The building is really nice. Check it out yourself to be sure, it depends on your definition of bad. I lived in that hood (@ the Foundry) for a few months and got out asap. Too many homocides.

Posted on: 2010/6/10 0:40

Library Hall Lofts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/9 22:52
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone know anything about these?
What about the neighborhood?

I will go look tomorrow but in the meantime thought there might be some on here that have info.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2010/6/9 22:22

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Library Hall Lofts in Jersey City, NJ Officially Opens with Grand Opening Party
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
The discrepancies in Library Hall between the STATED square footage and the ACTUAL square footage are remarkably large.

Also, someone should tell these developers that a triangular bedroom with a base of 12 Feet and a height to the apex of 10 feet is NOT a 10 X 12 ROOM. Nor is a diamond shaped room accurately measured from opposite point to point.

And this complex is ALL about points and angles.

So the "1038 square foot apartments" have less than 750 square feet of floor (counting inside closets and under sinks and appliances.)

But I love to look at floor plans anyway!

Posted on: 2008/7/20 17:11

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Library Hall Lofts in Jersey City, NJ Officially Opens with Grand Opening Part
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/28 23:23
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Library Hall Lofts in Jersey City, NJ Officially Opens with Grand Opening Party

PRWEB
July 13, 2008

"...The renovation and conversion of Library Hall Lofts is leading the renaissance of Bergen Hill, where other large-scale developments have started construction based on the success of Library Hall's sales. The building is currently more than 50% sold. There are12 generously sized loft style condominiums, 11 parking spaces and 2 street level commercial condominiums. Ceiling heights range from 10' to 20', there are Manhattan views in some of the units, and oversized custom interior doors in most. Kitchens offer unique CaesarStone Quartz countertops, black finished maple cabinets, and GE profile appliance packages. All units offer exposed brick and laundry, forced air HVAC for both cooling and heating, 5" wide oak flooring, and oversized windows. All units include five-year 30% tax abatements. The closest Light Rail stations are Liberty State Park and Garfield Avenue and buses to Newport and Journal Square are available right outside the building. For more information, availability and photos, please go to www.libraryhalllofts.com or contact Empire Realty Group, LLC at 201.792.8300. For Financing, please contact Jim Loch, Pinnacle Mortgage at 201.240.0932.

Empire Realty Group, LLC is a rapidly growing real estate company in Hoboken, NJ, specializing in sales and rentals of all property types including condominiums, brownstones, mixed-use properties and land. For more information on the company, our listings or our agents, please visit our website www.empiregroup.com or call our office open 7 days a week: 201.792.8300..."

Interesting news, but isn't this a press release? Posting it is akin to spamming ourselves.

Posted on: 2008/7/20 12:26

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Library Hall Lofts in Jersey City, NJ Officially Opens with Grand Opening Part
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/27 17:44
From Van Vorst Park Historical District
Group:
Registered Users
When I used to keep a car in Jersey City a few years back, I would admire this particular building when I'd be driving up Grand toward Communipaw.

I am glad to see that it was intelligently restored, and I hope it triggers some revitalization in that neighborhood.

Maybe the renovated commercial spaces in the building's lower level will usher in some new shopping options for those who live in that area.

Posted on: 2008/7/20 4:59

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Library Hall Lofts in Jersey City, NJ Officially Opens with Grand Opening Party
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/4 19:36
From McGinley Square / Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
It's a general historic standard these days to build extentions in a modern fashion with different materials so you can clearly delineate what is old versus what is new. I was at the paint store last week, and I thought the building looked great.

Quote:

ihatethiscity wrote:
The city allowed them to use those horrible bricks on their extension because they don't care either.

Posted on: 2008/7/16 14:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
Hey, I think renovation is all nice and DANDY, but when I inquired, these condo's where kinda over priced!

I know this area, the never ending hookers, drug dealers, crime... you better carry some sort of protection gear.

Posted on: 2008/7/16 5:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image
Resized Image

Quote:

parkman wrote:
I think you are confusing the Whitlock project on Lafayette St, which is not the greatest looking renovation, with the old National Carpet building on Grand St. The carpet building use to look like a white elephant and now is one of the most beautiful restorations I?ve seen in JC. Check the link in the first post to see a picture.

Posted on: 2008/7/15 12:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ihatethiscity wrote:
I think this is that beautiful old building near Tsigonia Paint. The developer, and the city, allowed this old building to be destroyed and turned into an eye sore. The building was built in the 1860's, with beautiful old red brick, and they added an extension onto the building and used disgusting "grey" bricks. It makes the builidng look like some modern day public works project. If the builder would "choose" to that to the outside of his builidng I can't imagine what he has done to the inside. But in the end, it come s down to the city. Developers have proven time and time again that they don't care about this city, they just want to make as much money as they can. The city allowed them to use those orrible bricks on their extension because they don't care either. As citizens, I guess we should count ourselves lucky that they didn't use the pink bricks that have shown up here in recent years.
I think you are confusing the Whitlock project on Lafayette St, which is not the greatest looking renovation, with the old National Carpet building on Grand St. The carpet building use to look like a white elephant and now is one of the most beautiful restorations I?ve seen in JC. Check the link in the first post to see a picture.

Posted on: 2008/7/15 12:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/26 3:14
Group:
Registered Users
I think this is that beautiful old building near Tsigonia Paint. The developer, and the city, allowed this old building to be destroyed and turned into an eye sore. The building was built in the 1860's, with beautiful old red brick, and they added an extension onto the building and used disgusting "grey" bricks. It makes the builidng look like some modern day public works project. If the builder would "choose" to that to the outside of his builidng I can't imagine what he has done to the inside. But in the end, it come s down to the city. Developers have proven time and time again that they don't care about this city, they just want to make as much money as they can. The city allowed them to use those orrible bricks on their extension because they don't care either. As citizens, I guess we should count ourselves lucky that they didn't use the pink bricks that have shown up here in recent years.

Posted on: 2008/7/15 10:22

Bergen Lafayette: Library Hall Lofts in Jersey City, NJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Library Hall Lofts in Jersey City, NJ Officially Opens with Grand Opening Party

PRWEB
July 13, 2008

After 3 years of restoring and converting the 1866 structure, Larry Brush, the Library Hall's developer, has finally opened its doors to the public. Over 75 people attended the exclusive party, held in unit 8 of Library Hall Lofts in Jersey City, NJ. A catered event with live music, the night was hosted by the Library Hall's developer, Larry Brush, as well as the owners of Empire Realty Group, LLC and Jim Loch of Pinnacle Mortgage, the pre-approved Bank for Library Hall Lofts. Attendees included buyers, neighbors, and Realtors, as well as relatives and friends of the developer. "I'm very excited about the turnout and I think its representative of the growing enthusiasm for the Bergen-Lafayette section of Jersey City right now", said Brush after the festivities were over.

The renovation and conversion of Library Hall Lofts is leading the renaissance of Bergen Hill, where other large-scale developments have started construction based on the success of Library Hall's sales. The building is currently more than 50% sold. There are12 generously sized loft style condominiums, 11 parking spaces and 2 street level commercial condominiums. Ceiling heights range from 10' to 20', there are Manhattan views in some of the units, and oversized custom interior doors in most. Kitchens offer unique CaesarStone Quartz countertops, black finished maple cabinets, and GE profile appliance packages. All units offer exposed brick and laundry, forced air HVAC for both cooling and heating, 5" wide oak flooring, and oversized windows. All units include five-year 30% tax abatements. The closest Light Rail stations are Liberty State Park and Garfield Avenue and buses to Newport and Journal Square are available right outside the building. For more information, availability and photos, please go to www.libraryhalllofts.com or contact Empire Realty Group, LLC at 201.792.8300. For Financing, please contact Jim Loch, Pinnacle Mortgage at 201.240.0932.

Empire Realty Group, LLC is a rapidly growing real estate company in Hoboken, NJ, specializing in sales and rentals of all property types including condominiums, brownstones, mixed-use properties and land. For more information on the company, our listings or our agents, please visit our website www.empiregroup.com or call our office open 7 days a week: 201.792.8300.

Posted on: 2008/7/15 6:00

Edited by Webmaster on 2010/6/10 6:15:53

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017