Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
83 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 83

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 49 50 51 (52) 53 54 55 ... 60 »

Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AmyJCNJ wrote:
I've smelled it in the new cars since they came on line. It is the strangest new car smell I've ever encountered.

I hope this isn't the "new car smell" that we rave about. Some have even bottled it along with the other car fresheners out there.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 16:31

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/26 19:59
Group:
Registered Users
YES! I've been remarking on that "poopy" smell for a while. Weird and gross. At least it's better than the real urine smell on some of the old trains.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 16:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/22 21:37
From Carolina's Lavanderia
Group:
Registered Users
I've smelled it in the new cars since they came on line. It is the strangest new car smell I've ever encountered.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 15:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AmyJCNJ wrote:
Ok this is really starting to bother me. Has anyone noticed the new PATH trains smell funky when you first get in? It smells like stinky baby diapers. Seriously what is that funky smell?

I've noticed it, too. This time of year, I suspect it has to do condensation/mildew in the air conditioning system.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 15:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/22 21:37
From Carolina's Lavanderia
Group:
Registered Users
Ok this is really starting to bother me. Has anyone noticed the new PATH trains smell funky when you first get in? It smells like stinky baby diapers. Seriously what is that funky smell?

Posted on: 2010/7/23 14:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
I would have absolutely no complaints at all about PATH (hey, it's a hundred years old, there are only 2 tracks, delays happen, cut them some slack...) if they would simply KEEP US INFORMED!!!

a dozen freaking TV screens on almost every platform, and the geniuses at Port Authority can't get them to read "signal problems....expect delays."

and yes, I have lodged this very complaint with the Port Authority.

Posted on: 2010/7/20 3:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
whats up with 3 WTC trains in a row from 8:02 to 8:12 at Grove st today?

Posted on: 2010/7/19 19:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/18 21:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mfadam wrote:
make JC proud and submit some photos of PATH riders hogging seats from the elderly, pregnant, etc. -
http://www.seathogs.com/

If only I had pictures of all the PATH riders who just stared at my belly while I was pregnant and did not offer a seat. I am small to begin with so it was not like there was any question I was pregnant. Probably only 2 out of 5 trips did someone give me one.

Posted on: 2010/7/19 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
make JC proud and submit some photos of PATH riders hogging seats from the elderly, pregnant, etc. -
http://www.seathogs.com/

Posted on: 2010/7/19 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

coronalime wrote:
Resized Image

http://twitter.com/Remy/status/17489963227

what a mess

on the plus side, we've found Jimmy Hoffa.

Posted on: 2010/7/1 21:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/7/1 14:04

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/1/20 16:16
Group:
Registered Users
Thursday 7/1, 8:40am, morning rush hour.

WTC PATH Station

Escalators out of service:
Not ONE...
Not TWO...
But THREE!

And to make matters worse,
they had 3 escalators running DOWN,
(for the 10% of people doing a reverse commute).
and only 2 running UP
(for the 90% of people doing a standard commute).

3 for 10%, 2 for 90%

PATH management is totally clueless.

PATHSUX

Posted on: 2010/7/1 13:35

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/27 19:14
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
This morning the usual 8:04/8:05 am 33rd Street train pulled into Grove Street. However, only the doors on the first couple of cars of the train (I think) opened up. I was standing at the 2nd to last car and the doors were not opening on at least the last 3 cars. The conductor must have known because the train sat for 2 minutes. Then it just left, without opening the doors. It's bad enough for people trying to get on the train, but what about people who needed to get off the train at Grove Street? No announcement was made, or at least one that could be heard from outside the train. With today being one of the hottest days of the year, the next train was packed because of this and barely had air conditioning.

Posted on: 2010/6/24 13:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Tonight, 10:15pm, JSQ-bound train, 2nd car from the front.

Somewhere between Christopher and Pavonia Newport, we heard a loud boom, and looked over to see that one of the windows in the middle set of doors had completely blown out, rubber and all, just missing the middle-aged guy standing right next to it.

When the train stopped at Pavonia, a cop sauntered over to investigate. The man raised his phone to get a snapshot of the window, and the cop freaked out on him. "No picture-taking in the train!" This guy had come within inches of getting decapitated, and the cop is threatening to arrest him for taking photos of the offending door.

Way to prioritize, officer. I feel much safer now.

Posted on: 2010/6/16 2:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
[Ugh, that drives me nuts. That would NEVER be acceptable on a NYC subway. The slow approaching at the stops is something that is not unique to the new trains, though. I guess it depends on the driver.

The NYC subways are lightening fast at the station. Doors open, doors closed. Quick acceleration. The whole process with the PATH at the station is molasses. No hurry at all.

Not true. The newer F-train cars take forever to pull into and out of stations. My connection at 23rd St. with the PATH is always razor-thin when a new model F-train is involved. With the older trains, I usually have an extra 30-60 seconds and am not knocking people aside as I run up the stairs trying to make it onto the JSQ train before the doors close.

Posted on: 2010/4/22 21:06

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/3/8 12:16
Group:
Registered Users
Probably something to do with the brakes. Remember the train that slammed into the 33rd st station?

Posted on: 2010/4/22 17:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
What were they thinking to omit the center pole in the new PATH cars? On a crowded train, if you get sandwiched towards the middle of the car, you have NOTHING to hold onto. Thankfully, I'm tall enough to use the ceiling to brace myself (although that's a tricky endeavor), but for somebody who is shorter than 5'8" it could be a very unsafe situation.
Seriously, it's one pole, and doesn't take up space. Why did they omit it from the design?

All 3 door cars do not have the pole the old and the new. The pole gets in the way of oncoming passengers as well as thode exiting. This way passengers can move about without crowding the area.

Posted on: 2010/4/22 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
and they seem to approach the stops slower than the old trains...

Ugh, that drives me nuts. That would NEVER be acceptable on a NYC subway. The slow approaching at the stops is something that is not unique to the new trains, though. I guess it depends on the driver.

The NYC subways are lightening fast at the station. Doors open, doors closed. Quick acceleration. The whole process with the PATH at the station is molasses. No hurry at all.

Posted on: 2010/4/22 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
and they seem to approach the stops slower than the old trains...

Posted on: 2010/4/22 16:47

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/3/8 12:16
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe they are trying to discourage short people from using the train during rush hour. I completely agree with you. It is very annoying. Those new trains are too fancy for their own good. There is ALWAYS some kind of problem with them.

Posted on: 2010/4/22 15:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
What were they thinking to omit the center pole in the new PATH cars? On a crowded train, if you get sandwiched towards the middle of the car, you have NOTHING to hold onto.

Thankfully, I'm tall enough to use the ceiling to brace myself (although that's a tricky endeavor), but for somebody who is shorter than 5'8" it could be a very unsafe situation.

Seriously, it's one pole, and doesn't take up space. Why did they omit it from the design?

Posted on: 2010/4/22 15:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ThirdGrove wrote:
My experience is that you'll hate the PATH until you accept it. I use to memorize the schedule and lock myself to the arrival times. I was pretty successful to be honest. The PATH tends to be pretty punctual. But that didn't make me happy. Anxiously anticipating the PATH is really stressful. I learned to accept that it will come. It will come within 20 mins (except really really late at night), and it will take me home.

Don't get me wrong, lets try to fix a it! I'd love more trains per hour, tickers, and all new cars, but sometimes I remember to appreciate what I have (even the weekend Hoboken loop).

You know what's worse then a train running late...a train running early. Make sure you get to the station platform 2 minutes earlier than stated on the schedule.

Posted on: 2010/2/27 10:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/8 18:51
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
My experience is that you'll hate the PATH until you accept it. I use to memorize the schedule and lock myself to the arrival times. I was pretty successful to be honest. The PATH tends to be pretty punctual. But that didn't make me happy. Anxiously anticipating the PATH is really stressful. I learned to accept that it will come. It will come within 20 mins (except really really late at night), and it will take me home.

Don't get me wrong, lets try to fix a it! I'd love more trains per hour, tickers, and all new cars, but sometimes I remember to appreciate what I have (even the weekend Hoboken loop).

Posted on: 2010/2/27 4:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
I have emailed all the local chancels regarding their :ticker" board on the bottom to give Path train updates.Every morning I will see # 6,4,5 and letter N R but never path. The path train i like trowing dice against a curb. You never know until you arrive. Then the common curb game turns into craps. Maybe we should set up slot machines. I would have better luck

Posted on: 2010/2/27 2:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/18 3:56
Group:
Registered Users
I believe the TV installation still isn't actually finished, and they're supposed to be much more informative once they connect up the system to announce when the next train is.

They're pretty good at announcing the station cleaning closures, at least.

Posted on: 2010/2/26 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
my only beef with PATH is the complete lack of information regarding service changes.

the MTA manages to post flyers at every station, and they make announcements when a train is as little as 5 minutes late.

PATH has exponentially fewer stations to deal with, and they can't seem to get it together. but yeah, those "guess this NBC character" games are mighty helpful.

I have voiced this complaint with the Port Authority (where it may actually be heard, unlike PATHSUX)

Posted on: 2010/2/26 17:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/30 23:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ThirdGrove wrote:
Has anyone noticed the awful smell of the new PATH Trains? I enjoy a new ride, but the train certainly does not exhibit a "new car smell". It's not one train, but every new train with the same odor. Does anyone have any insight into why the new trains contain a funk? Will it go away?

I came to post the exact same thing. every single one of the new trains i have been on smells like horse manure! those trains need a thorough cleaning..

Posted on: 2010/2/15 7:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/8 18:51
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone noticed the awful smell of the new PATH Trains? I enjoy a new ride, but the train certainly does not exhibit a "new car smell". It's not one train, but every new train with the same odor. Does anyone have any insight into why the new trains contain a funk? Will it go away?

Posted on: 2010/2/15 4:38

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/3 15:45
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

Longhorn wrote:
Quote:
An escalator can never be broken. It can only become stairs.

Stairs would be fine, but they usually block it off with makeshift fencing. Still everything would go more smoothly if people stayed to the right on stairs and walkways. All of NYC has this problem. Tokyo does this right even with twice as many riders.

I saw a young Jap couple enter the new PATH train in one of the PATH stations they both approach the seat only to notice it was for a handicap person they immediately moved on to another seat.

Agreed - I really think 90% of the times when I am annoyed at the PATH, it's really just the people ON the PATH i am annoyed with. Things would go so much smoother if people didn't fish for their cards while standing right in front of a turnstile, or lean on the poles so no one can use it but themselves, or spread out their newspapers/books/backpacks out as far as possible. And what's with people getting up from their seats to stand in front of you when you've been standing the whole time and obviously are getting off too? I feel if you're lazy enough and have been sitting the whole time maybe you should WAIT until the people who have been standing the whole time get off. Just a pet peeve.

But hey, at least we don't have subway chikan (perverts) like they do in Japan! At least no one has ever felt me up on the PATH, even when i wear mini skirts and such.

Posted on: 2010/1/29 14:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Longhorn wrote:
Quote:
An escalator can never be broken. It can only become stairs.

Stairs would be fine, but they usually block it off with makeshift fencing. Still everything would go more smoothly if people stayed to the right on stairs and walkways. All of NYC has this problem. Tokyo does this right even with twice as many riders.

I saw a young Jap couple enter the new PATH train in one of the PATH stations they both approach the seat only to notice it was for a handicap person they immediately moved on to another seat.

Posted on: 2010/1/29 1:45

« 1 ... 49 50 51 (52) 53 54 55 ... 60 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017