Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 9 »

Re: Where are all the BJ shopping carts coming from?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/27 19:14
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Instead of posting where you see the carts on here, which will accomplish nothing, why don't you call BJ's to collect them?

Posted on: 2008/7/24 18:51

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/6 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
Just saw one on York Street behind the Old Colony Shopping center about one block east of Siperstein's.

Posted on: 2008/7/24 18:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
We got a double in VVP, one from ShopRite with an old microwave in it and one from BJ?s.

Posted on: 2008/7/24 18:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
There's a BJ's cart in front of a checkout aisle in the ShopRite next door. It's loaded with books with an SR sign on it advertising their bargain book sale. It never made it out of the parking lot, but BJ's just gets no respect.

Posted on: 2008/7/24 16:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
saw a lovely bj's cart up on bergen & jewett or belmont being pushed by a man...completely full of scrap metal. i hope these carts get picked up too.

Posted on: 2008/7/24 14:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
jclxz steals shopping carts!

so sue me.

Posted on: 2008/7/24 4:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/27 15:08
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
really? I have something to retract when you've refered to all the "complainers" as yuppie scumbags? don't think so, why don't you tell us where you live and I'll be happy to roll ALL the carts I find laying around up to your door so you'll never be at a loss for one!

You'd better get a lawyer now if you don't realize that "yuppie scumbag" is not a libelous statement, but knowingly falsely accusing someone of a crime is.

I'm still willing to accept a statement that you did not intend to accuse me of criminal activity. It does not need to reach the level of an apology.

Just as an anonymous poster making a generalized accusation about another anonymous poster is not libel, because your identity is protected. Genius.

Posted on: 2008/7/24 1:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
really? I have something to retract when you've refered to all the "complainers" as yuppie scumbags? don't think so, why don't you tell us where you live and I'll be happy to roll ALL the carts I find laying around up to your door so you'll never be at a loss for one!

You'd better get a lawyer now if you don't realize that "yuppie scumbag" is not a libelous statement, but knowingly falsely accusing someone of a crime is.

I'm still willing to accept a statement that you did not intend to accuse me of criminal activity. It does not need to reach the level of an apology.

Posted on: 2008/7/24 1:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

sporkster wrote:
...please tell me where I can buy a "Hello, I'm a Yuppie Scumbag" badge.

I can totally hook ya up.

Posted on: 2008/7/24 1:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
I hope that each one of you that complained take a shopping trip to BJ's, find that you can't get a cab to take you back in a timely manner (most of the cab services will not reliably show up at the supermarkets), and have no way to push the shopping cart home.

I also further hope that you have to buy a car for the sole purpose of grocery shopping.

I also further hope that once you have removed another tiny piece of the charm of Jersey City without it being replaced with something legitimate and positive, you find it a more and more miserable place to live.

Yuppie scumbags.

That'll be me honking as I roll through your intersection.

BEEP BEEP!

Posted on: 2008/7/24 1:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/27 13:32
Group:
Registered Users
I've never considered myself to be a yuppie scumbag, but if I have to be one b/c I think bright red plastic carts filled with trash have no place in ANYONE's neighborhood, then please tell me where I can buy a "Hello, I'm a Yuppie Scumbag" badge.

Also, even if you forgot your granny cart at home, couldn't find a cab service, and had no way of carrying everything you just bought home and absolutely HAD to borrow a cart, why is it so difficult to return them? I've never seen anyone pushing an empty cart to the store, though obviously most shoppers plan on returning at some point, right? I think what most people are taking issue with is the ignorant, "Oh, I'll just leave it on the street (or in my hallway!) and somehow it will magically disappear."

Posted on: 2008/7/23 19:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
I hope that each one of you that complained take a shopping trip to BJ's, find that you can't get a cab to take you back in a timely manner (most of the cab services will not reliably show up at the supermarkets), and have no way to push the shopping cart home.

I also further hope that you have to buy a car for the sole purpose of grocery shopping.

I also further hope that once you have removed another tiny piece of the charm of Jersey City without it being replaced with something legitimate and positive, you find it a more and more miserable place to live.

Yuppie scumbags.

clearly this wouldn't be an issue if you would return the flippin' cart to the store you got it at scumbag

You should be more careful about making libelous statements. I'm giving you the opportunity to retract them before I take legal action, but I have no such responsibility.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 19:22
utterly deplorable

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/21 16:54
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
JClxs, if you will share your home address with the yuppie scum of JClist, we will happily wheel over all of the charm we find parked in front of our houses.

as a bonus, you can even have the trash that's filling the charm.

that way, you can have all the richness of the urban landscape to yourself, while we settle for a more miserable, charm-free existence.

it's win-win, really.

+1

Posted on: 2008/7/23 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/1 2:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Just4Phun wrote:
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
Yuppie scumbags.

Get a job.

Errr... don't you mean "Get a car." or "Get a granny cart." ??

Or just, "don't be a douche."

Posted on: 2008/7/23 18:28

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/30 21:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
Yuppie scumbags.

Get a job.

Errr... don't you mean "Get a car." or "Get a granny cart." ??

Posted on: 2008/7/23 18:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
Yuppie scumbags.

Get a job.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
JClxs, if you will share your home address with the yuppie scum of JClist, we will happily wheel over all of the charm we find parked in front of our houses.

as a bonus, you can even have the trash that's filling the charm.

that way, you can have all the richness of the urban landscape to yourself, while we settle for a more miserable, charm-free existence.

it's win-win, really.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 18:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jclxz wrote:

Yuppie scumbags.

Hard to believe that IGNORANCE like this actually exists in this world!! Simply stunning! I'm at a loss for words.

Jaah

Posted on: 2008/7/23 17:59

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Jclxz ?

I said it before and I?ll say it again. What planet do you live on?

From what information I gathered each BJ?s cart costs them approximately $125.00ea. Tim has worked at the store for a year and a half and has reported that over 1000 carts have disappeared. That?s a grand total of $125,000.00. At even 1 cart at $125.00 I assume that it would be considered petty larceny, a term used for theft of objects usually under $500.00. Guess what? Taking a BJ?s cart is theft, period. If you need to get your groceries home from BJ?s then plan a little better or, heaven forbid, purchase a granny cart. Act responsibly.

Jim

Posted on: 2008/7/23 17:32

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/31 19:15
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jclxz wrote:

Yuppie scumbags.

Why don't you go out and buy a black folding cart and use it to push your groceries home instead of littering downtown JC with the cart you stole?

You consider red BJ's carts strewn about downtown charming? Wow.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 17:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jclxz wrote:

Yuppie scumbags.

Are you really this dense? Firstly, its illegal to "take" the carts home. Its called stealing. It has never even crossed my mind to take one home because thats not what they are there for. I do not have a car and somehow manage to get all my groceries home without ever stealing a cart. Does it suck? Yes. Do I steal carts to make it easier on myself? NO. You think shopping carts add to the charm? They do NOT.

Your answer to everything is "Just leave Jersey City" Why not try and actually make it better? What do you have against making the city a nicer place? I have lived here for 10 years and have seen vast improvements in many areas. Its a quality of life thing. If you want it to stay the same, go to Newark. But the tides of change have come to JC and the decent people will soon outnumber the short-sighted people like you.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
Quote:

jclxz wrote:

Yuppie scumbags.

clearly this wouldn't be an issue if you would return the flippin' cart to the store you got it at scumbag

You should be more careful about making libelous statements. I'm giving you the opportunity to retract them before I take legal action, but I have no such responsibility.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 17:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jclxz wrote:

Yuppie scumbags.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 17:13
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Yuppie scumbags.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 17:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

zderic wrote:
Friends & Neighbors,

As I am sure you are aware, our neighborhood has a problem with shopping carts left in our neighborhood, particularly with carts from BJ's.

BJ's does collect them, and we need to encourage them to do so in a more timely manner while we figure out a more permanent solution to keeping the carts in the parking lots where they belong.

If you see a cart, call BJs at (201) 798-0500 and tell them exactly where the cart is so they can collect it. The general manager at our local BJs is named Tim Hebert. I also encourage you to email MemberCare@bjs.accentonline.com to let them know that this is a problem in our neighborhood.

You can also call the Incinerator Authority at 201-432-4645 ext. 631 or 646.

Thanks

Eric Fleming
president, HCA

Eric,
FYI, Bj's is taking action in a way that we are hoping IS a permanant solution. They are going to install an anti-theft wheel lock on 1 front and 1 back wheel of every cart. When the carts are rolled over an in ground sensor the wheels lock up prevent the carts from leaving the lot. We all must still be vigilant in calling BJ's whenevr we see a cart so they can pick them up. Thank-you for restating the numbers. Hopefully all these abandoned carts will be a thing of the past!!

Jaah

Posted on: 2008/7/23 1:22

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/13 22:23
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Friends & Neighbors,

As I am sure you are aware, our neighborhood has a problem with shopping carts left in our neighborhood, particularly with carts from BJ's.

BJ's does collect them, and we need to encourage them to do so in a more timely manner while we figure out a more permanent solution to keeping the carts in the parking lots where they belong.

If you see a cart, call BJs at (201) 798-0500 and tell them exactly where the cart is so they can collect it. The general manager at our local BJs is named Tim Hebert. I also encourage you to email MemberCare@bjs.accentonline.com to let them know that this is a problem in our neighborhood.

You can also call the Incinerator Authority at 201-432-4645 ext. 631 or 646.

Thanks

Eric Fleming
president, HCA

Posted on: 2008/7/22 19:08

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/13 22:23
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
BJ's has a contractor picking up carts in the neighborhood 5x a week, but it hasn't been enough.

So, by the end of July, their carts will be fitted with special wheel locks to prevent their carts from going astray.

Posted on: 2008/7/18 20:05

Re: How to Clean up Abandoned Shopping Carts in Harsimus Cove
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JimA wrote:
I recieved a call today from Tim Hebert as well confirming the installation of an improved wheel lock system for their carts. The installation and retreval of abandoned carts will take aproximately two weeks. To assist in the retreval of the carts please call Tim when you see one so BJ's can pick it up as soon as possible.

Thanks to everyone!

Jim

That's great news indeed! Thank-you Jim and thanks to all for bringing this issue into awareness. In the meantime, as Jim said, anytime you see a cart call BJ's 201-798-0500 then dial #0 and report them for a pick-up. Hopefully the new wheel locks will prevent the widescale cart dumping we all see but we all still need to be observant and vigilant in reporting stray pick ups!!

Thanks,
Jaah

Posted on: 2008/7/18 17:46

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I recieved a call today from Tim Hebert as well confirming the installation of an improved wheel lock system for their carts. The installation and retreval of abandoned carts will take aproximately two weeks. To assist in the retreval of the carts please call Tim when you see one so BJ's can pick it up as soon as possible.

Thanks to everyone!

Jim

Posted on: 2008/7/18 17:06

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/31 19:15
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
jerseyboy422 wrote:
Here is the email response that I received today from the general manager: I am pleased to inform you that within the next two weeks BJ's Wholesale Club will be installing a new and improved wheel locking system on our shopping carts.

Reminds me of the movie "The Money Pit" with Tom Hanks.

"How long will it take to fix my home?"
"Two Weeks!"

Posted on: 2008/7/18 16:25

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact