Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: The Lamp Post or The Latin Lounge: SUV driver critically injures one after fight at 2nd Street b
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jimmy wrote:
Just curious, does anyone think bren12 is not WOW08?

MY FACT: This thread gives ME a "HEADACHE".

better yet what are the chances bren12 and wow08 is also the manager or owners of the latin lounge and trying to deflect unwanted attention from the place

Posted on: 2008/2/28 20:44
utterly deplorable

Re: The Lamp Post or The Latin Lounge: SUV driver critically injures one after fight at 2nd Street b
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/29 19:49
Group:
Registered Users
Just curious, does anyone think bren12 is not WOW08?

MY FACT: This thread gives ME a "HEADACHE".

Posted on: 2008/2/28 20:31

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/14 4:37
Group:
Registered Users
WOW08 and bren12:

I thought I was pretty clear that "I was told" by bystanders what happened. That's my fact. You'd might want to re-read my post.

At this point, I actually miss Rivera's, and I still maintain a perceivable difference in the two atmospheres.

And no, I don't have a "personal" issue with the Latin Lounge. If it was a Lamp Post issue, then it would be a Lamp Post issue. This time, it is not.

Can we please keep in mind that the victim is actually the man in the hospital, and not the bar. Our job at this point should be to take any measure possible to keep this from happening again.

WOW08 and bren12, I encourage you (and anyone else interested in this matter) to please attend our meeting tonight, and we can discuss this further. A representative from the police department will be there to provide us with the "facts" thus far. (See previous post for details)

Back to work.

Posted on: 2008/2/28 20:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/3 20:48
Group:
Registered Users
ROBC Fact #3: They told me they came out of the Latin Lounge after 3am

If that is so a fact: Were the people walking out of Latin Lounge workers or regular customers?? Did your Eye witnesses provide you with that information?

According to your sources, Did the "Maniac" walk out of Latin Lounge?

This could happen to any Bar!!! Blame it on the Night Life, On the Alcohol, on the people that can't handle their liquor but it is not fair to point fingers at just one place because they were victims of someone who didn't know how to handle his liquor...LIQOUR that he probably consumed at another BAR!

Posted on: 2008/2/28 19:24

Re: The Lamp Post or The Latin Lounge: SUV driver critically injures one after fight at 2nd Street bar

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/3 18:00
Group:
Registered Users
RobC, how are these YOUR FACTS if you weren't even a witness, your just going by what other "suppose witnesses" told you. These are the same witness that spoke to the newspaper and gave an exxagerated version of what happened.

YOU DON'T know what happened, please stop assuming you do. Also, if your gonna put so much effort into making your block a safe haven to live in, then you should concentrate on removing ALL the bars in the nighborhood, not just one. Or is that you have a PERSONAL issue with Latin Lounge??

Posted on: 2008/2/28 19:14

Re: The Lamp Post or The Latin Lounge: SUV driver critically injures one after fight at 2nd Street bar

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
ROBC: These can never be YOUR fact because you were not there at the time of the incident... You are simply going with the HE said, SHE said!!!! If it is safe to say that Latin Lounge should be close, then CLOSE THEM ALL!

One Fact is that Before Latin Lounge was Latin Lounge it was Rivera's and it was more or less the same environment!! TRUE FACTS.

Posted on: 2008/2/28 19:03

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder where you gather your facts from, or is it that you yourself are "familiar" with Latin Lounge

[quote]
Charlie wrote:
The Latin Lounge is a notorious Coke bar. If you want coke, go there, everyone knows that.

Posted on: 2008/2/28 18:59

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Some facts:

Fact: I moved to this block well before the Latin Lounge opened, and have witnessed first-hand the bar's negative effects on the neighborhood.
Fact: I was there shortly after the incident.
Fact: I spoke to several eye witnesses.
Fact: They told me they came out of the Latin Lounge after 3am
Fact: They told me the bouncer and the two men (not employees) were "kicking the shit out of the driver. Three against one. Then the driver ran them over."

Those are MY facts.

I'm not sure why people are taking such an odd stance in defending the bar. Our association is simply trying to make this neighborhood a safer place to live.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm sure the police will catch this guy. I'm hoping we'll learn more about what happened, and how it can be prevented in the future.

Posted on: 2008/2/28 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bren12 wrote:
WOW! How very disappointed I am to know that all ?opinions? written on this forum are made by ?mature adults?

you give the vast majority of jclist posters (or any message board regular) too much credit

Posted on: 2008/2/28 18:37

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/21 16:22
Group:
Registered Users
Ok, I can't bite my tongue any longer - The Latin Lounge is a notorious Coke bar. If you want coke, go there, everyone knows that. I used to live on that block for 16 years and I would say that there is an incident that has to do with the Latin Lounge every two weeks or so. It's coke! The root of the matter is coke! The guy probably wanted some and he couldn't score! It's simple. I'm sorry - but that place is a haven for trouble. It offers nothing positive toward the neighborhood. There is nothing good that comes out of there. I'm sick of that place, walk by, the smell that wafts out of there sums it up. Pure S**t.

Posted on: 2008/2/28 18:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
No sweetie it actually occured outside in the street. Not inside of Latin Lounge or inside of Lamp Post. Let's get our fact's straight before we start pointing fingers.

Thank you.

Posted on: 2008/2/28 16:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
LATIN LOUNGE not Lamp Post

Posted on: 2008/2/28 16:35
utterly deplorable

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The cops arrived at 3:35am which clearly states the incident occured BEFORE!

Posted on: 2008/2/28 16:17

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Here's another one for RobC

Im sure that you are aware that the Latin Lounge is not the only bar in the neighborhood. The Lamp Post is right accross the street and also has quite a few incidents that occur regularly. So if your gonna point fingers, make sure that your fair when doing so.

FYI: Latin Lounge was closed when the incident occured, the person responsible for this incident WAS NOT in inside of Latin Lounge. Get your facts straight before making assumptions.
[quote]
"The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived opinion, by prejudice."

Posted on: 2008/2/28 16:12

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/28 16:01
Group:
Registered Users
Just to point out some facts.

Bars close at 3am on Friday and Saturdays.

The incident happened at 3:35am.

So, it is possisble that these people were just walking home from work that night. That's if they work there.

So, it is possisble that some crazed psycho boyfriend was waiting to see if his girlfriend was inside the bar or not. That's right, that part is not in news report.

Well, sometimes, the news doesn't get all the news.

Whatever the case may be, it did come from the Latin Lounge. I'm not trying to bash the place, or praise the place. The fact is, it was from the Latin Lounge. Not Lamppost.

I also know people that live on that block, and people that actually witnessed the incident. If you want to know what happened, you should ask people on the block what happened. I did.

So, I really don't know what to say anymore.

I think that the people that are organizing the Village Association Meeting is trying to do the right thing. If you live in that neighborhood, then maybe you should attend the meeting to discuss the issue further.

Good luck with everything, and I hope they really do nail this psycho ex boyfriend or crazed man, whatever his issue is.

Posted on: 2008/2/28 16:09

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There are a lot of opinions but where are the facts?

In an incident where a loved one is hit and laying on the middle of the street gasping for air and with blood gushing out of his head and a ?Maniac? hitting reverse and speeding forward with his YUKON (a large sport utility vehicle) aiming to hit your loved one again and again, In my righteous opinion your main concern would be trying to move his semi-conscious body from the middle of the street so that the ?Maniac? won?t hit him again. Do you try to save your loved one from being hit by the vehicle repeatedly or do you take the time to try and get the ?Maniac?s? license plate not knowing what his next action may be? When things like this occur we all tend to take a different approach then the one we normally think we would take.

Do you all know exactly the procedures taken by the owners of Latin Lounge and Lampost once their customers are all gone?Do they clean the Bar? Pay their employees? Count their earnings? Or perhaps, Do they exit through a back door or do they exit through the same door used by their customers? If they use the same exit as their customers, more then likely there will be a group of five or more (They?re called Employees) coming out from the bar after the scheduled close time. Does that mean the Bar is open to customers? No! Let?s be realistic adults!!

My understanding is that the Bar was being closed at the time the ?Maniac? approached... The Bouncer explained to him that the Bar was closed and asked him to please proceed on to his car and leave. Whatever happened after that, do we blame it on the Bar or the ?Maniac? who was either extremely intoxicated or who knows what influence he was under when he got to the front of the Bar?If the bar is scheduled to close at 3:00am and police arrived at 3:35am and the bar was already locked, that clearly states that the BAR was CLOSED on TIME!!

Our main concern should be getting this ?Maniac? out of the street rather then pointing fingers at these Bars/Lounges. The same way it happened outside of these Lounges, it can happen anywhere!!

Posted on: 2008/2/28 15:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
WOW! How very disappointed I am to know that all ?opinions? written on this forum are made by ?mature adults? or NOT. I believe that every human being is entitled to his/her own opinion, however when these opinions become nothing but assumption filled with lies it enrages me. It?s so sad to see and read how other people entertain themselves on a family?s heartache.
I?m sure we all know what they say when grown mature ?adults? assume RIGHT; yup they make an ASS out of themselves.

Just in case the nosy?s on here want to know, yes this incident hits close to home.
This one is for JMCEE, Charlie, Guzman, and RobC: How are you so sure that it was the Latin Lounge or that the Latin Lounge was open way past closing time? Or how many witnesses were present? And the whole jealous girlfriend story-that one makes me LOL. Although not everything printed on the newspaper was correct, one fact is and I quote
Jersey Journal wrote:
?A driver, enraged after discovering that a Jersey City bar was closed?

Seriously it has absolutely nothing to do with the incident happening in front of or inside of the Latin Lounge or the Lamp Post. Both locations attract crowds and both have their nights in which situations happen that are beyond control. The serious problem at hand is capturing the crazy individual that caused this accident; clearly he?s not stable and should not be walking the streets.
Here?s a quote to go by; ?At any given moment, public opinion is a chaos of superstition, misinformation, and prejudice?.

Posted on: 2008/2/28 15:45

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

2. If the open of the article was carefully read it clearly states, "A driver, enraged after discovering that a Jersey City bar was closed'!!!

Don't assume everything printed in the newspaper is fact.

First, I was on the scene shortly after the incident, and a few bystanders mentioned that people were coming in and out of the bar. Sounds "open" to me.

Second, according to the presentation at last night Captain's Meeting (Jersey City Police Department, East District), the injuries suffered by the man were not "life-threatening" as mentioned in the article. We were told he is doing much better. Something we can all agree on is good news.

Posted on: 2008/2/27 20:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/4 14:09
From Journal Square, duh!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JERSEY JOURNAL wrote:
A driver, enraged after discovering that a Jersey City bar was closed

What an idiot! Where did he think he was? We need to go to sleep, because we need to work next day. This include whole Sundays.
... I can't wait for the monthly PATH permit...

Posted on: 2008/2/27 12:38

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
ummmm, ok so I guess you were there? Tell us your facts.

Posted on: 2008/2/27 12:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/3 21:45
Group:
Registered Users
One thing that is beautiful, to me, is an opinion. An opinion is neither right or wrong, and it can be agreed or disagreed with, but there is a difference between assuming and opinionating. It is unfortunate that most passages that I have read are assumptions that want to come off as facts. To me that is unfair because the topic here is where did this event came from? and not " Where is the guy who did it?" A "Human Being" almost lost his life and here are some people pointing fingers and saying things that aren't even close to the truth.

F.Y.I
1.It wasn't a jealous boyfriend
2. If the open of the article was carefully read it clearly states, "A driver, enraged after discovering that a Jersey City bar was closed'!!!

Posted on: 2008/2/27 9:30

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The main issue is the fact that The Latin Lounge was open past closing. This bar is constant struggle with our neighborhood, and a source for many discussions with our neighborhood association. As acting president of The Village Neighborhood Association, I feel it would be appropriate to take this opportunity to recommend that any concerned citizens regarding this incident attend our monthly meeting this Thursday evening. The police will be on hand with more details.

The Village Neighborhood Association
PS#5 (Use the Third Street alley entrance)
February 28, 2008
7pm

I am certain that the police will apprehend this guy, and soon. But again, the responsibility rests solely on the Latin Lounge for harboring this activity and staying open past closing.

This is not new.

If you live in the Village (west side of Coles Street-Merseles Street/Sixth Street-Christopher Columbus) and want more information please email me at info@jcvillage.org

-Rob

Posted on: 2008/2/26 15:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
I was at the Lamp Post last night to catch Bryan Beninghove's organ trio (shameless plug )and was told by several the story already stated here about the Latin Lounge. Also, the Lamp Post bartenders are adamant about getting everyone out of there by closing time so they had nothing to do with creating any disturbance.

Posted on: 2008/2/26 13:53
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/28 16:01
Group:
Registered Users
Just a bit of info for you that I've found out.

1. It was a jealous boyfriend that was looking for a woman at Latin Lounge. He only got into a confrontation with the bouncer and staff there because he thought they had his girlfriend in the bar.

2. I know the person who called the cops when this was all going down. Good for him to make the call. People shouldn't be afraid to call the cops when something bad is going down.

3. It's hard for me to believe that no one got a good look at a license plate, or the person. I'm pretty sure that the victims know exactly who they are. However, the cops do have an idea and some good clues to get this guy.

I also talked with several bartenders that were working at their respective bars on that Saturday night, and they all had incidents that were strange and bizarre. Trust me, it was a weird and crazy night.

It's a shame that people act the way they act. Ladies and Gentlemen, if you can not handle your alcohol, then stay home and let the peaceful people enjoy the night.

And to the guy that was driving that Yukon that night. Your best bet is to turn yourself in, b/c you know JCPD is knocking at your door very soon.

Everyone, be safe when you go out. Please, don't drink and drive.

Posted on: 2008/2/26 11:25

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
First of all, can we clear one thing up. This incident had nothing to do with the Lamp Post, the patrons and "want to be" patrons were in/going to the Latin Lounge. As for crowds outside of bars, well.....yes, the crowd (especially from the Latin Lounge) can get rather loud and annoying at night due to the blatant drunkenness and use of shhh...., however......when I moved around there I knew that there were a few bars in the vicinity and I said to myself, well, it's obviously going to get loud some nights but....I can always go get a nice cold pint. My point, don't move into an area with bars if you don't want annoyances, it comes with the territory. However, this does not condone the behavior, this incident was crazy, I really do wish the Latin Lounge would disappear and a new bar would open up. The patrons who go there are not from that neighborhood - this is obvious by the amount of cars parked around on weekend nights. Wishful thinking - food for thought - cheers!

Posted on: 2008/2/25 20:46

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/21 16:54
Group:
Registered Users
A local cartoonist told me that he sometimes bought coke at the Latin Lounge -- in any event if it closed on time where did the big crowd of patrons come from at 3:35 am and why did no one call the cops and call for medical aid? ( The cops just happened upon the scene according to the first article.)

Exactly what the residents want to know, why there were people in and around the bar after closing? We can only speculate but this has been a constant problem in the neighborhood and the East District is very aware of whats going on. I know that there are limited resources at that time of night but waht about Narcotics and the A.B.C.??? This goes on unabashed and can only get worse as good weather is right around the corner. God help us.
Jim

Posted on: 2008/2/25 19:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
A local cartoonist told me that he sometimes bought coke at the Latin Lounge -- in any event if it closed on time where did the big crowd of patrons come from at 3:35 am and why did no one call the cops and call for medical aid? ( The cops just happened upon the scene according to the first article.)

"Police saw a large group of people gathered in the street at Brunswick and Second streets around 3:35 a.m. and heard people screaming, authorities said."

Nothing much new here, it has even less info but here it is -- the newest rewrite by Charles Hack:
================================

Man hit by SUV - several times
by Charles Hack
Sunday February 24, 2008, 6:17 PM

Apparently upset that he couldn't get into a Second Street bar, a man climbed into his GMC Yukon and ran down a group of three men early this morning, critically injuring one of them.

A bouncer had told the man around 3:35 a.m. that the bar on Second Street between Brunswick and Monmouth streets had closed for the night, but he fought with the bouncer and two other men before climbing into the large sport utility vehicle.

The three men then began walking in the street when the SUV barreled down Second Street. The bouncer jumped to safety but the other two men were hit by the truck, witnesses told police.

One man was knocked into a parked car; the other was knocked to the pavement. The Yukon driver then hit the brakes, put the truck in reverse and backed over the man in the street - then hit him again. Witnesses said the man was hit at least four times before the bouncer and the other man could pull him to safety by dragging him between two parked cars. The Yukon then sped off.

The victim is in critical but stable condition at the Jersey City Medical Center, police said. The other man who was hit also was treated at the hospital but his injuries weren't serious.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2008/2/25 18:58

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/21 16:54
Group:
Registered Users
The men came from the Latin Lounge and the altercation happened between the Lamp Post and Brunswick. you can still see the blood.
Jim

Posted on: 2008/2/25 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/26 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
First off, I guarantee it was the Latin Lounge not the Lamppost. Secondly, nobody got the liscence plate? The guy was backing up to run him over the fourth time and no one thinks to look at the plate #.

Posted on: 2008/2/25 18:21

Re: The Lamp Post or The Latin Lounge: Driver strikes two with his SUV after episode at Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
So what do we know?

Two guys in their late 20's from the Heights were in a fight with another guy also in his late 20's. Then this guy tries to murder them and the bar's bouncer at almost 4 AM on Saturday Night -- way past closing time. One victim still might die. The assailant is in his late 20's, is short and chubby and has a big white GMC Yukon that is now all beat up. There were lots of other patrons gathered around so there are lots of witnesses.

I would still like to know if this was at the Lamp Post or the Latin Lounge.

I'd also like to know more about what the guy looks like -- and what his Tattoo looks like.

I am sure someone here on JCLIST knows who this nut job is.

Posted on: 2008/2/25 18:19

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017