Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: DOWNTOWN: Terrified mom was punched during robbery; two convicted
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
It's a shame these two guys couldn't be locked up for life

Posted on: 2009/12/22 19:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/22 21:37
From Carolina's Lavanderia
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Please tell me that the JJ did not use the term "man of the house."

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Uh... Significant Other Resident? Not Female Occupant?

When I read the article again I realized it was actually a quoting error:
They could have written
The men broke into the Downtown home while her husband was away on business and found the mother in bed with the two children, Troiano said.
or
"The men broke into the Downtown home while the man of the house was away on business and found the mother in bed with the two children," Troiano said.

Posted on: 2009/12/22 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Uh... Significant Other Resident? Not Female Occupant?

Posted on: 2009/12/22 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GeorgeWBush wrote:
Was this the one that happened over on 10th Street?

99% sure it is.

Posted on: 2009/12/22 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Was this the one that happened over on 10th Street?

Posted on: 2009/12/22 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Yes they did indeed, I first read the piece in my paper copy, I took the above from the online version.

(hmm maybe I now see why people aren?t buying the JJ)

Posted on: 2009/12/22 16:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 15:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Please tell me that the JJ did not use the term "man of the house." PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

lol. so damn funny. who writes this stuff?

death penalty for the both of them. and death penalty to anyone who doesnt think they should get the death penalty.

Posted on: 2009/12/22 16:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Posted on: 2009/12/22 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
(two more losers off the mean streets of JC)

Robinson, who was described as a heroin addict, had 21 prior arrests and 10 convictions. He was in prison from April 19, 2002 to March 28, 2005 and from April 19, 2002 to Aug. 5, 2007 on burglary convictions, state corrections records say.

Heath, aka Clyde Bowens, was in prison from Aug. 14, 1998 to Oct. 10, 2003 and March 2, 2005 to Oct. 7, 2006 on convictions for aggravated assault and two weapons offenses, state corrections records say.

From today?s JJ , support the JJ go out and buy it!!!

WTF? 21 arrests and 10 convictions?

Posted on: 2009/12/22 14:08

DOWNTOWN: Terrified mom was punched during robbery; two convicted
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(two more losers off the mean streets of JC)

Terrified mom was punched during robbery; two convicted

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Jersey City man faces up to 25 years in prison and his sidekick faces up to 20 after being convicted in a robbery in which a Downtown woman was punched in the face as she lay in bed with her young children, officials said.

A jury deliberated only two hours on Thursday before convicting Jersey City residents Fredrick Robinson, 42, of Dales Avenue, and Clyde Heath, 39, of Bergen Avenue, of first-degree robbery and conspiracy to commit burglary, Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Matthew Troiano said.

Heath was also convicted of second-degree burglary, Troiano said, adding that Robinson was also convicted of unlawful use of a credit card, both in connection with the Jan. 31, 2008 attack on the woman, her 10-year-old daughter and 6-year-old son.

"It was an incredibly emotional case," said Troiano. "It was a horrible, traumatic experience for them."

The men broke into the Downtown home while the man of the house was away on business and found the mother in bed with the two children, Troiano said.

The men ordered the mother and two kids to cover their faces with the blanket. When the mother eventually uncovered her face, she was punched in the face, Troiano said.

The woman then led Robinson downstairs and handed over her purse while the girl tried to call 911 but had to hang up before connecting after Heath heard her and ran back to the bedroom, Troiano said.

The robbers fled but Robinson was spotted on surveillance video using a credit card stolen from the home at a gas station at the Junction, officials said.

Robinson, who was described as a heroin addict, had 21 prior arrests and 10 convictions. He was in prison from April 19, 2002 to March 28, 2005 and from April 19, 2002 to Aug. 5, 2007 on burglary convictions, state corrections records say.

Heath, aka Clyde Bowens, was in prison from Aug. 14, 1998 to Oct. 10, 2003 and March 2, 2005 to Oct. 7, 2006 on convictions for aggravated assault and two weapons offenses, state corrections records say.

They will be sentenced on Jan. 29 by Superior Court Judge Joseph V. Isabella.

From today?s JJ , support the JJ go out and buy it!!!

Posted on: 2009/12/22 14:00

Re: Violent Home Invasion - Coles & Monmouth
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
You have made the claim a few times that "the average American can not handle the responsibility of carrying a gun in public."

Yet the states with the most liberal concealed carry laws in the northeast (VT, NH, and to an extent CT) have very low crime rates. States like NY, NJ, MA, MD and the DC have both much higher crime rates and prohibitionistic restrictions on carrying (or even owning) firearms.

My conclusions from this are that:
1) restrictive carry laws are not correlated with lower crime
2) allowing law abiding citizens their right to effective self-defense is correlated with lower crime.

As much as it may scare you to have average people legally armed; I have more trust in the average person than those who do not care about laws in general and gun laws in specific.

Quote:

mr_bunny wrote:
[snip]

I would like to thank you for making my point. You have demonstrated with your comment that the average American can not handle the responsibility of carrying a gun in public.

Posted on: 2008/2/12 3:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
from Downtown Jersey City Watch <downtownjcwatch@gmail.com> to Downtown Jersey City Watch <downtownjcwatch@gmail.com> The Downtown Jersey City Watch would like to say thank you to the JCPD on behalf of our group and the over 300 who receive our broadcast emails. Chief Comey has every reason to be proud of the JCPD in their work below on our community's behalf and we'd like to personally thank Captain Brian McDonough, Commander of the East District who together with other Police Officers, meets with the DJCW on a monthly basis. WELL DONE! Downtown Jersey City Watch "We are at least able now to let the community rest a little better," Police Chief Tom Comey said. "I'm proud of the effort the men and women of this department put forth. They did a great job in making arrests in what can only be described as a heinous act that scares a lot of our residents." Quote:
GrovePath wrote: Resized Image OFF THE STREETS 2 nabbed in home invasion; 5 more snared in crime web Saturday, February 09, 2008 By MICHAELANGELO CONTE JOURNAL STAFF WRITER A career criminal with a heavy heroin addiction and a second man have been charged in last week's terrifying home invasion in Jersey City, cops told The Jersey Journal yesterday. The duo tripped up by using a credit card they stole during the incident at a gas station that has a surveillance camera, police said, adding that the ensuing investigation has led to the arrests of five others on unrelated charges. Charged in the home invasion are Fredrick Robinson, 41, of Dales Avenue and Clyde Heath, 38, also of Jersey City. In the attack, a woman at 10th and Monmouth streets was awakened about 11:10 p.m. on Jan. 31 by a man in her bedroom telling her the home was being robbed. The front door had been kicked in, and she and her two children were ordered to put sheets over their heads while two men ransacked the home. The woman was also slapped before the thieves fled, cops said. A credit card stolen from the home was used at several locations over the next couple of days and when cops followed up at a gas station near the Junction they obtained a surveillance tape that showed a man in a Mercury Mountaineer whom cops recognized as Robinson, reports said. The victim identified Robinson from the videotape, and images of the vehicle's plates led police to the Mountaineer's Jersey City owner, who told them he'd been forced to lend the vehicle to a man who had also extorted thousands of dollars from him, Capt. Chet Major said. On Monday, cops spotted the Mountaineer on Armstrong Avenue and arrested four people who were in it and found drugs, jewelry and foreign coins, police said. The next day police reviewed reports and determined the coins and jewelry had been stolen from an Armstrong Avenue home on Saturday, Major said. That same day, cops also nabbed 42-year-old Mark Hill of Myrtle Avenue, the man accused of extorting the Mountaineer's owner. Charged with extortion and theft, he has 17 prior arrests and four convictions, Major said. On Wednesday, a Condict Street resident saw a man banging on doors and called police, Major said. When plainclothes Officers Brian Cullinan and Shawn Licata arrived they saw Robinson walk out of an alley and arrested him. Police found jewelry on him and while processing him they got calls from two area residents saying they had been burglarized, Major said. Robinson has been charged with burglary, robbery, credit card fraud and other offenses. Described as a heroin addict, he has 21 prior arrests, including drug charges, and 10 convictions, Major said. He was in prison from April 19, 2002 to March 28, 2005 and from April 19, 2002 to Aug. 5 of last year on burglary convictions. Heath, aka Clyde Bowens, was caught yesterday afternoon on robbery and burglary charges, Major said. Arrested in the Mountaineer on charges of receiving stolen property and drug possession were Farah McCrae, 28, of Wade Street; Dale Clark, 32, of Fairmount Avenue; Rhonda Burns, 39, of Tonnelle Avenue, and William Askew, 34, of Randolph Avenue, Major said. Detectives Mark Incinna and Al Lopez are reviewing other burglaries to determine if there are any other connections. "We are at least able now to let the community rest a little better," Police Chief Tom Comey said. "I'm proud of the effort the men and women of this department put forth. They did a great job in making arrests in what can only be described as a heinous act that scares a lot of our residents."

Posted on: 2008/2/9 23:27
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jclxz wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Great job JCPD - thank you!

Now - how about the prosecuter stepping up to the plate? With 21 prior arrests - and the violent nature of this home invasion - isn't it time to put this guy away for a long time?

And for those in the know - how realistic is it to think the individuals responsible for this will get a lengthy jail sentence?

It is unlikely that they will get a lengthy jail sentence, in my opinion that is not based on being involved in the "justice" industry in any way.

If there is an immediate outcry from the community, there is a better chance of a significant sentence. This will also demonstrate that violent criminals acting in Hamilton Park will not be spared.

I don't think people have any idea how much crime is prevented in Hamilton Park because criminals are warned that there are consequences in some neighborhoods. I don't know whether this guy forgot. But a reminder to the rest is important.

If drug addiction mitigates the seriousness of a crime, a message should be sent that this does not apply to violent crime in Hamilton Park.

We can't stop crime in Jersey City, but we can have a significant impact in deterring criminals from our neighborhood.

Make your feelings known to at least one government official. Include compliments to the JCPD for actually pursuing an investigation when it counted.

I'm not sure about them getting a light sentence. I don't know what the exact charges are and what degree. I'm sure that the AP from the prosecutors office can answer that. In my opinion, that way it seems is that in this home invasion the family was held not at their free will so, kidnapping may apply, so can: assault, theft, possession of stolen property, endangering the welfare of a minors and so on...we shall see, but I seriously doubt these pieces of _____, will see freedom for a long time!

Posted on: 2008/2/9 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

Now - how about the prosecuter stepping up to the plate? With 21 prior arrests - and the violent nature of this home invasion - isn't it time to put this guy away for a long time?

And for those in the know - how realistic is it to think the individuals responsible for this will get a lengthy jail sentence?

It is unlikely that they will get a lengthy jail sentence, in my opinion that is not based on being involved in the "justice" industry in any way.

If there is an immediate outcry from the community, there is a better chance of a significant sentence. This will also demonstrate that violent criminals acting in Hamilton Park will not be spared.

I don't think people have any idea how much crime is prevented in Hamilton Park because criminals are warned that there are consequences in some neighborhoods. I don't know whether this guy forgot. But a reminder to the rest is important.

If drug addiction mitigates the seriousness of a crime, a message should be sent that this does not apply to violent crime in Hamilton Park.

We can't stop crime in Jersey City, but we can have a significant impact in deterring criminals from our neighborhood.

Make your feelings known to at least one government official. Include compliments to the JCPD for actually pursuing an investigation when it counted.

Posted on: 2008/2/9 20:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

greenville wrote:
OMG!!! I know that guy! I helped apprehend this individual when he tried to steal from a store about two weeks ago. Now I'm really pissed that we didn't call the cops to arrest his ass!!!

wtf.....

Posted on: 2008/2/9 17:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

Now - how about the prosecutor stepping up to the plate? With 21 prior arrests - and the violent nature of this home invasion - isn't it time to put this guy away for a long time?

Well, there is nothing wrong with writing to The Hudson County Prospector; DeFazio http://www.hcpo.org and let your feelings be heard. What they did was a serious crime and I feel we should let the HCPO know we want these two people kept off our streets!

On another note, IMO with this is was a really good arrest and sending a note/email to the JCPD and let them know what a good job they did. (I did, one of the detectives in this story use to be one of the community relations officers in the East) With all the cop bashing that is done here, I find it really sad that this thread doesn't have more folks saying WELL DONE.
No matter if you work in private or public sector , hearing someone say "Good Job" is a wonderful feeling.

And THANK YOU , THANK YOU, THANK YOU to the concerned citizen who called the JCPD about the suspicious behavior on her/his block. The other thread on this board where some folks feel it's not their responsibility to do so, needs to read this thread as a bit of a reality check!!!

I'm sure I will get some wise ass post back saying I'm a government/ JCPD suck-up, blah, blah, blah.....and they will possibly send "another" anonymous letter to City Hall saying I spend all day at work posting on JCList, pretending to be a cop... seems like anytime I say anything positive about JCPD it sends a certain person in a rage.....oh well, too darn bad!!!!!

Posted on: 2008/2/9 15:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Nice mugshot, I nominate him as first to be sentenced under a hypothetical NJ 3 strikes law.

Quote:

metulj wrote:
"The whole point is that the right to bear arms in self-defense comes with a heavy responsibility. "

The 2nd Amendment does not mention self-defense as being the reason the right exists.

That argument has been in the courts for over a 100 years and by now it is generally accepted that it does indeed mean the right to protect oneself.

Posted on: 2008/2/9 14:59

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/12 12:56
Group:
Registered Users
"The whole point is that the right to bear arms in self-defense comes with a heavy responsibility. "

The 2nd Amendment does not mention self-defense as being the reason the right exists.

Posted on: 2008/2/9 14:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/2/9 13:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
OMG!!! I know that guy! I helped apprehend this individual when he tried to steal from a store about two weeks ago. Now I'm really pissed that we didn't call the cops to arrest his ass!!!

Posted on: 2008/2/9 12:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

OFF THE STREETS
2 nabbed in home invasion; 5 more snared in crime web

Saturday, February 09, 2008
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A career criminal with a heavy heroin addiction and a second man have been charged in last week's terrifying home invasion in Jersey City, cops told The Jersey Journal yesterday.

The duo tripped up by using a credit card they stole during the incident at a gas station that has a surveillance camera, police said, adding that the ensuing investigation has led to the arrests of five others on unrelated charges.

Charged in the home invasion are Fredrick Robinson, 41, of Dales Avenue and Clyde Heath, 38, also of Jersey City.

In the attack, a woman at 10th and Monmouth streets was awakened about 11:10 p.m. on Jan. 31 by a man in her bedroom telling her the home was being robbed. The front door had been kicked in, and she and her two children were ordered to put sheets over their heads while two men ransacked the home.

The woman was also slapped before the thieves fled, cops said.

A credit card stolen from the home was used at several locations over the next couple of days and when cops followed up at a gas station near the Junction they obtained a surveillance tape that showed a man in a Mercury Mountaineer whom cops recognized as Robinson, reports said.

The victim identified Robinson from the videotape, and images of the vehicle's plates led police to the Mountaineer's Jersey City owner, who told them he'd been forced to lend the vehicle to a man who had also extorted thousands of dollars from him, Capt. Chet Major said.

On Monday, cops spotted the Mountaineer on Armstrong Avenue and arrested four people who were in it and found drugs, jewelry and foreign coins, police said.

The next day police reviewed reports and determined the coins and jewelry had been stolen from an Armstrong Avenue home on Saturday, Major said.

That same day, cops also nabbed 42-year-old Mark Hill of Myrtle Avenue, the man accused of extorting the Mountaineer's owner. Charged with extortion and theft, he has 17 prior arrests and four convictions, Major said.

On Wednesday, a Condict Street resident saw a man banging on doors and called police, Major said. When plainclothes Officers Brian Cullinan and Shawn Licata arrived they saw Robinson walk out of an alley and arrested him.

Police found jewelry on him and while processing him they got calls from two area residents saying they had been burglarized, Major said.

Robinson has been charged with burglary, robbery, credit card fraud and other offenses.

Described as a heroin addict, he has 21 prior arrests, including drug charges, and 10 convictions, Major said. He was in prison from April 19, 2002 to March 28, 2005 and from April 19, 2002 to Aug. 5 of last year on burglary convictions.

Heath, aka Clyde Bowens, was caught yesterday afternoon on robbery and burglary charges, Major said.

Arrested in the Mountaineer on charges of receiving stolen property and drug possession were Farah McCrae, 28, of Wade Street; Dale Clark, 32, of Fairmount Avenue; Rhonda Burns, 39, of Tonnelle Avenue, and William Askew, 34, of Randolph Avenue, Major said.

Detectives Mark Incinna and Al Lopez are reviewing other burglaries to determine if there are any other connections.

"We are at least able now to let the community rest a little better," Police Chief Tom Comey said. "I'm proud of the effort the men and women of this department put forth. They did a great job in making arrests in what can only be described as a heinous act that scares a lot of our residents."

Posted on: 2008/2/9 11:19

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/9 2:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I hope we hear more details when they are ready to release them. In advance to these details, I'm saying WELL DONE JCPD!!!!

They should be out in less than 1 week with the NJ resolving door judicial system.

Posted on: 2008/2/9 2:23

Re: Two arrests in terrifying home invasion and other burglaries
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
I wonder if Restitution would solve this problem ?

CK

Posted on: 2008/2/8 22:28

Two arrests in terrifying home invasion and other burglaries
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Two arrests in terrifying home invasion, other burglaries
by Michaelangelo Conte
Friday February 08, 2008, 2:33 PM
Fredrick Robinson

A career criminal with a heavy heroin addiction and a second man have been charged in last week's terrifying home invasion in Jersey City, cops told The Jersey Journal today.

The duo were tripped up by using a credit card stolen in the attack at a gas station with a surveillance camera, cops said, adding that the ensuing investigation has led to the arrests of five others on unrelated charges, cops said.

Charged in the home invasion are Fredrick Robinson, 41, of Dales Avenue and Clyde Heath, 38, also of Jersey City.

In the attack, a woman at 10th and Monmouth streets was awakened about 11:10 Jan. 31 and found a man in her bedroom telling her the home was being robbed. The front door had been kicked in and she and her two children were ordered to put sheets over their heads while two men ransacked the home..........

continue reading the rest of the story with pics.....
http://www.nj.com/hudsoncountynow/ind ... s_in_terrifying_home.html

Posted on: 2008/2/8 21:53

Re: Violent Home Invasion - Police Briefing HPNA meeting
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DanL wrote:
one man, a career criminal was apprehended to date, I am sure more info will be forth coming.

This is great news and I hope we hear more details when they are ready to release them. In advance to these details, I'm saying WELL DONE JCPD!!!!

and~

24/7 the mom and her two kids are in my prayers.

Posted on: 2008/2/8 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
one man, a career criminal was apprehended to date, I am sure more info will be forth coming.

Posted on: 2008/2/7 4:45

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/7 4:11
Group:
Registered Users
I was unable to attend this meeting. Anyone know what the police had to say?

Posted on: 2008/2/7 4:12

Violent Home Invasion - Police Briefing HPNA meeting
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Have you had enough of the speculation on what happened? Attend the HPNA meeting TONIGHT Feb 6. I expect that the community will be briefed on this incident.

First item on the agenda, 7:45PM sharp at the Cordero School:
http://www.hamiltonpark.org/PDFS/2008-02-HPNA-newsletter.pdf

Posted on: 2008/2/6 17:28

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
"All our operators are busy right now. Please remain on the line and an operator will be with you shortly. Your call is important to us."

Can you imagine any words more horrifying after dialing 9-1-1? Your life's in danger, but there's no one available to help you.

This could never happen in the USA right?

Posted on: 2008/2/6 17:21

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/2/6 17:17

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username: