Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Visitor Parking Permits/Parking Regulations
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/23 15:50
From jazzy city
Group:
Registered Users
My friend lived on second st downtown for a year, no permit or anything and never got a ticket. Do they really enforce parking downtown? And a few times I've borrowed my girlfriend's car and took my chances parking on columbus while I went to work on a weekday, no ticket. I read some of you have gotten boots but I've never actually seen a car with one of them downtown. I'm bringing my car up here permanently in a week, I don't know if I'll have enough time to get a permit. Is it a grueling process if I go up to the place on central?

Posted on: 2010/10/14 14:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/15 11:24
Group:
Registered Users
I was just there last week and asked the same question. Seems that they are trying to get that working for January.

Posted on: 2010/8/2 23:40

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/23 1:43
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know if Mr. Fulop's ordinance passed that allows residents to purchase visitor parking passes from City Hall, instead of going to the parking authority on Central Ave? There is no reference to this on the city hall website or the parking authority website, unfortunately.

Posted on: 2010/8/2 23:07

Re: Parking Permits and Rules
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/14 13:47
Group:
Registered Users
Is this a done deal? Can Ward E residents get parking permits at City Hall now?

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
From Steve Fulop's email today:

City Hall Parking Permits
This ordinance represents a simple but significant change for the residents in Ward E. When passed, residents would be able to apply and pick up parking zone permits directly at city hall. Residents will no longer need to drive to Central Avenue in order to pick up the parking permit for zone parking or visitor passes.

Posted on: 2010/4/18 22:38

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/4 14:25
Group:
Registered Users
OH I did not know this was an option! Thank you for letting me know I was able to do this and not stress about it in the future! I might have to run up there myself! Thank you thank you!!!
Quote:

djh101 wrote:
Just to streamline headaches, when I'm renewing my own resident permit, I typically pick up about ten visitor permits which will last me the year.

Tomorrow is going to be that delightful annual day, so I just wanted to verify........

Are the visitor parking permits still $3 each or have they gone up in the past year?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2010/4/7 22:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

djh101 wrote:
Just to streamline headaches, when I'm renewing my own resident permit, I typically pick up about ten visitor permits which will last me the year.

Tomorrow is going to be that delightful annual day, so I just wanted to verify........

Are the visitor parking permits still $3 each or have they gone up in the past year?

Thanks in advance.

still $3 and scratch away day, month and year

Posted on: 2010/4/7 19:55
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/15 1:20
Group:
Registered Users

Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2010/4/7 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
From Steve Fulop's email today:

City Hall Parking Permits
This ordinance represents a simple but significant change for the residents in Ward E. When passed, residents would be able to apply and pick up parking zone permits directly at city hall. Residents will no longer need to drive to Central Avenue in order to pick up the parking permit for zone parking or visitor passes.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 15:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kribopple wrote:
fyi, visitor parking permits are $3 each. they take cash for them EXCEPT if you buy 3 or more. then it's money order. dumbest rule ever, but it's not the end of the world. there's a post office next door where you can purchase a MO. oh and supposedly you must bring a copy of your lease to show them you're a jc resident but they have never asked me for it.

My parents were just here and I had to get some. I think it's worth mentioning that they are scratch off (think lottery tickets).
You scratch off the month, day and year (Currently going to 2010). You could by three for nine bucks to have on hand.

I agree the money order is a bit ridiculous. Someone said it's probably because they don't trust the employees with cash and don't want to pay the monthly fees for credit cards. Not sure about the first one but the second one makes sense.

Posted on: 2009/5/15 18:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/9 16:42
Group:
Registered Users
fyi, visitor parking permits are $3 each. they take cash for them EXCEPT if you buy 3 or more. then it's money order. dumbest rule ever, but it's not the end of the world. there's a post office next door where you can purchase a MO. oh and supposedly you must bring a copy of your lease to show them you're a jc resident but they have never asked me for it.

Posted on: 2009/5/15 14:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
also you can buy daily parking permit for visitors. costs a couple of bucks, but it is cheaper than a ticket or the boot.

in the downtown area, out-of-state cars have an eerie tendency of attracting both parking tickets and boots.

i have never been able to figure out why ...

Posted on: 2009/5/15 4:33

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/30 3:04
Group:
Registered Users
1.) If your car is leased can you get a permit?

As long as it is registered to you

2.) Will a change of address sticker suffice on your driver license?

it worked when i did it. but i remember going to JCPA a few times because my lease wasn't valid enough. You might want to call them.

3.) Can a visitor park after 5p.m. until 8 a.m.? And what about weekends?

yep most streets - parking rules are 8-6 M-F just check the signs in your area. i always take it to mean 4pm -10am since visitors have two hours they can park.

BRING A CHECK TO JCPA they don't take cash. but I did accept cash from the poor stressed out customer in front of me and wrote a check for her. :)

the number the other poster left is for the jcpa
http://www.jcparking.org/

Posted on: 2009/5/15 4:20

Parking Permits and Rules

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/23 20:01
Group:
Registered Users
New to town and have a couple questions about the parking situation:

1.) If your car is leased can you get a permit?
2.) Will a change of address sticker suffice on your driver license?
3.) Can a visitor park after 5p.m. until 8 a.m.? And what about weekends?

?And if you have any other helpful info.

Thanks!!

Posted on: 2009/5/14 21:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
If you are applying for a parking permit for the first time, do you need to go to the JCPA in person, or can you just mail in the application form with a copy of your license and registration showing a JC address?

Posted on: 2009/2/20 22:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/18 20:26
Group:
Registered Users
What is the cost of a ticket if you don't move your car for street sweeping, but you have a zone permit?

Will I get a boot after 2 violations the same week?

I'm just wondering if getting 2 tickets is cheaper than parking at Newark airport (economy lots) for a week when on vacation.

Posted on: 2008/12/17 20:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
The Parking Authority permit renewal system was created by idiots. The form arrives with an attached return envelope and a form to stuff in the envelope. This envelope is smaller than 8.5 inches in width; permit renewals require a photocopy of your license and registration. The only way to stuff the photocopy and the attached form and your check into the micro return address envelope is to fold it all over on itself. Seriously, WTF.

Posted on: 2008/12/17 14:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

TheHookJC wrote:
I can't speak on whether criminals target out of state plates or not because they seem to be equal opportunity offenders, but anyone can park on the street over the weekend. And as far as Friday, they can park after the posted hours.

Criminals will DEFINITELY target out of state plates. Many visitors neglect to remove GPS units, stereos and items in trunk. Been here 20 years and seen it dozens of times.

Posted on: 2008/11/26 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stagnantartist wrote:
They've been here before, but it's totally bullshit that the parking people target them. makes me wanna boot the little trucks that go around ticketing. See how they like it. Fascists.

Boot them? why not just tip them over. Its like urban cow-tipping.

Posted on: 2008/11/25 0:46

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/4 14:25
Group:
Registered Users
They've been here before, but it's totally bullshit that the parking people target them. makes me wanna boot the little trucks that go around ticketing. See how they like it. Fascists.

Posted on: 2008/11/24 20:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/16 19:10
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
I can't speak on whether criminals target out of state plates or not because they seem to be equal opportunity offenders, but anyone can park on the street over the weekend. And as far as Friday, they can park after the posted hours.

Posted on: 2008/11/24 19:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
If your family is visiting, especially from out of state, I would in no circumstance allow them to park on the street even on the weekends. Out of State plates are prime targets for JCPA and criminals. Even if they don't violate the 2 or 4 hour parking limit they almost certainly will get a boot and ticket. How many out of staters are gonna come back to JC and fight a bogus ticket in court? NO WAY should they park on the street. Find a Parking Lot!

Posted on: 2008/11/24 19:02

Re: Parking at Night without a Permit
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
You're okay as long as you don't have commercial plates. I learned that the hard way when I first moved to JCity (boot on my U-Haul - ouch!).

Posted on: 2008/11/23 23:20

Re: Parking at Night without a Permit
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
You're fine. Just make sure to not sleep in.

Posted on: 2008/11/23 22:10

Parking at Night without a Permit
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/21 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
I just want to confirm that I can park on the street overnight during the week without having a parking permit. The sign says "2 Hour Parking from 8am to 5pm", but also says Tow Away Zone after two hours without a permit.

I just want to make sure I'll be ok parking here overnight and leaving before 8 the next morning.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2008/11/23 22:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/3 0:37
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

aloria wrote:
I just moved to Weehawken from JC and, no offense, but the JC Parking Auth could really get some lessons from them:

No offense?

You'll find people on this board arguing about the most ridiculous subjects, and opinions that vary so widely that you might suspect we don't all share the same DNA.

Yet if there's one thing everyone in JC can agree on, it's our mutual searing white-hot hatred for the JC Parking Authority.

Posted on: 2008/11/6 19:58

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/27 1:27
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I just moved to Weehawken from JC and, no offense, but the JC Parking Auth could really get some lessons from them:

*All you need to get a parking pass is three pieces of mail (or lease, or title, or deed) with your address OR your license and registration with the change of address stickers. For a permit in JC, they made me go to the DMV and change the address on my registration-- stickers aren't good enough for them

*You automatically get two visitor permits to use whenever.

*There is no charge for the Weehawken permit and it doesn't expire.

*They only clean the streets once a week, which means you only need to move your car once or twice a week. I never understood why JC insists on cleaning 4 days/week considering that the sweepers DON'T DO ANYTHING

*If you live on the border of West NJ or Union City, it's ok to park across the border. I lived on the border of zone 5 and zone 6 in JC, if I tried to park 1 block away in zone 5 I got a ticket.

It's not like we don't have the same problems with people from surrounding areas parking on the street for the fast commute into Manhattan, so I don't see why JC has to be so anal with their rules.

Posted on: 2008/11/6 19:31

Re: parking permit renewal question
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
What conditions must you satisfy to qualify for an I permit?

Robin.

Posted on: 2008/7/3 0:34

Re: parking permit renewal question
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/27 20:47
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not sure when you should have received it, but I would think you would have by now.

If you don't want to go to the parking authority. I run errands in JC and Hoboken, and the JCPA is on my route. I only charge $10, plus the cost of the permit.

Check out my website, and let me know if you have any questions.

www.keepyourweekend.com

Posted on: 2008/7/2 23:40

parking permit renewal question

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/7/2 23:21
Group:
Registered Users
hello. my "I" parking permit will expire at the end of this month and the thought of going back to JCPA is making me sweat. they were really awful last year and it took me about 1 1/2 hours to get my permit, a permit the clerk at the desk would not give to me until her supervisor came downstairs and told her to give it to me.

anyway, i read in another thread that someone had gotten their permit renewal form in the mail from JCPA. i'm wondering has anyone else gotten that? how soon before the permit expires should you expect that in the mail?

thanks!!

Posted on: 2008/7/2 23:33

Re: BEWARE Crack down on parking and permits etc.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
Some of Jersey City's assanine rules and city policies that are soooooooo...

ASSANINE!!!!!

I have a Pkg. Permit, AND, I think that it would have been nice if the PA would have informed me that I needed to replace my permit with another one to be placed in the rear window of my car before going for my scheduled NJ state car inspection.

Because I have tinted glass, this yrs. instructions for placement of the permit states to place the permit above my cars inspection sticker on the front shield left hand corner.

Well, guess what?

My car didn't pass inspection because the permit is a view obstruction!

Why is it that there was no thought to detail? Why did they not check with NJ State law?

Now I have to go to the PA!, get another permit, and go back to get my car inspected!!!!

This wastes my precious time and GAS!!!!

Also, let's say, you have 50 people who visit one of many neighborhood libraries, for let's say...The summer Reading Club, or for any other reason, is the city supplying permits for these people to visit the libraries so they won't get booted?

Posted on: 2008/7/1 1:17

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017