Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: Councilwoman Flood & her son flee Fox5's "Shame on you" TV reporter Arnold Diaz
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/28 15:23
Group:
Banned
Don't forget Bill the "no unleashed dogs in segregated dog parks cause they peed on my sports fields", helped Willie escape. Guess they kinda share the same name.

Bill ...I suppose Arnold Diaz peed on your sports field too?

Posted on: 2007/12/22 7:15

Re: Councilwoman Flood & her son flee Fox5's "Shame on you" TV reporter Arnold Diaz
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/12 11:16
Group:
Registered Users
Can't wait to watch this!

It's probably why the city is slow at cleaning up the junkie park on Wayne Street.

Must be convenient for some people...

Posted on: 2007/12/20 22:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/10 15:54
Group:
Banned
If he's making $30,000 at one job and $15,000 at another job then after taxes he should be able to afford 176.5 ounces of pot at local going rates

Posted on: 2007/12/20 19:08

Re: Willie Flood hires son twice for $50G-plus ( Yes, that son )
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 14:49
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
so what now? i'd be interested to see if something comes of this. if anyone else makes a statement. i hope arnold sticks it to her, and keeps bugging her. a one time run in would be a let down!

Posted on: 2007/12/20 18:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
They must be running courses on GRAFT & CORRUPTION 101 to all council staff! You can see why council-persons are all against the introduction of serious ethical standards. A tribute to flood II by flood Snr. [img][/img] [img][/img]

Posted on: 2007/12/20 3:40
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
GOOD,if they had nothing to be ashamed of they would have stood their ground and stated their case.I love how they fall back on the"picking on an old lady tactic"She knows exactly what she is doing and she has been doing it for years.She's a crook plain and simple.

Posted on: 2007/12/20 3:19

Re: Councilwoman Flood's son flees 'Shame on you' Fox5"s TV reporter
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/5/31 21:50
Group:
Registered Users
doh, you beat me to it. I hope they show this - it will be hilarious.

Posted on: 2007/12/20 3:08

Councilwoman Flood & her son flee Fox5's "Shame on you" TV reporter Arnold Diaz
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Flood, son flee 'Shame on you' TV reporter

by Journal staff
Wednesday December 19, 2007, 6:37 PM

There was a flurry of action tonight at City Hall -- but it had little to do with city council business.

When Arnold Diaz, who reports for WNYW-TV in New York (Fox5) and has gained fame with his "Shame, shame, shame" pieces, showed up with mic in hand and cameraman close behind, Councilwoman Willie Flood and her son, Phillip Flood II, went running.

Willie Flood made an early exit from last night's City Council caucus.

Down the second floor steps. Out the back door. They didn't stop until they got to their car, Diaz chasing behind, and Jersey Journal reporter Ken Thorbourne not far behind him. Willie Flood appeared out of breath as she reached her car.

"If anything happens to my mom behind this I'm going to sue all of you," Thorbourne says Flood II yelled at Diaz. "How could you treat an old lady like this?"

Thorbourne says Diaz shot back: "Why doesn't she just answer the questions?"

If you haven't guessed by now, Councilwoman Flood, who is also the Hudson County Register, is Diaz's latest target, most likely because she hired her son to work for her in her two elected positions -- as her council aide for $15,000 a year and as a data processing systems programmer in the Hudson County Register's office for $38,000 a year.

The apparent nepotism isn't the only thing that brought Diaz to Jersey City tonight. Flood II has had at least two brushes with the law. In February, the 29-year-old was busted for allegedly selling marijuana out of his mother's Mercedes Benz at Wayne and Barrow streets. That charge was downgraded to a disorderly persons offense and referred to the Jersey City Municipal Court.

Last year the state accused him of unlawfully collecting $13,000 of unemployment insurance. Flood II entered the pre-trial intervention program.

Diaz's piece is expected to air sometime in early January, Thorbourne says.

LINK

Posted on: 2007/12/20 3:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
whistleblowers should have some sort of law to protect them and if bulling / threats occur, the aggressor should be fined and/or fired when proven.

3 cheers for whistleblowers - I can hear the winds of change!

Posted on: 2007/12/17 14:13
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
A Flood of controversy surrounding jobs, jail

Earl Morgan's Corner
Jersey Journal
Monday, December 17

W hen it comes to the position of aide to Jersey City Councilwoman-at-large Willie Flood, there's controversy about whether someone is being hired or fired.

Last month, The Jersey Journal reported that Flood had hired her son - Phillip T. Flood II - as her City Council aide, at an annual salary of $15,000. (A month earlier, the councilwoman - who also serves as Hudson County Register - had hired her 29-year-old son as a $38,016-a-year data processing systems programmer in the register's office.)

Now the person who had previously held the council aide post is speaking out against her former boss.

Pat Waiters, who also holds a county job working for the Hudson County Department of Corrections, told the Hudson County Board of Freeholders that she was forced to resign from her position because she refused to give up a federal lawsuit against Hudson County Jail Director Oscar Aviles.

Flood said she had spoken to Waiters about her being present while corrections officer Juvonda Jackson was picketing outside the Hudson County Administration Annex, but denied she forced Waiters to resign.

Waiters and several other current and former Corrections Department employees complained about working conditions at the jail at Thursday's Freeholders meeting, and Kabali Tayari, president of the Jersey City chapter of the NAACP, asked for an inquiry into the policies, procedures and practices at the jail.

James Porch, a former corrections officer, told the Freeholders that he was fired three years ago after he was arrested by Bayonne police after he drew his weapon. However, he said, despite a grand jury declining to indict him on any charges, he wasn't reinstated. He also said corrections officials told the state Department of Labor that he was terminated for gross misconduct, causing his unemployment benefits to be held up for several months.

Several other corrections officers told the board that the working environment at the jail is so stressful, they dreaded going to work.

Freeholders Bill O'Dea and Jeff Dublin urged their colleagues to join them in calling for an inquiry into the jail.

"Part of the problem is they treat themselves like a paramilitary operation at the jail," O'Dea said. "When we try to ask questions about the complaints people bring to us during our public safety meetings, we are told they can't discuss anything because of pending litigation. But something is definitely wrong there."

O'Dea said he'll push for the inquiry at next month's Freeholders meeting, and until an inquiry is launched, he will refuse to vote for any appropriations for the jail, and Dublin may join him.

"It may take a while to get five votes up here for an inquiry, but with two people voting against money for the jail, and perhaps more votes from others in the future, something will have to happen," O'Dea said. "That's the power we have as Freeholders, and I don't mind using it in this case."

Posted on: 2007/12/17 13:23

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/15 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
Is "fox News" Arnold Diaz looking at these inappropriate hirngs by Councilwoman Flood? Did I miss something?

Posted on: 2007/12/7 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Public servants should be excempt from any drug charges like they seem to be excempt from any other trivial laws like parking rules!

Posted on: 2007/12/7 13:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/7/11 9:36
Group:
Registered Users
Not a chance, he's looking for slots to put his relatives into.

Posted on: 2007/12/7 11:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 12:23
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Flood II didn't return calls to comment. Willie Flood called her son "a very industrious and bright man."

He "grew up in the church" and helped distribute turkeys this past Thanksgiving, she added.

A drug dealer who grew up in church and distributed turkeys on Thanksgiving . . .

Hmmn . . . sounds familiar . . .

Ah, yes - channeling Frank Lucas - has anyone seen American Gangster?

Posted on: 2007/12/5 21:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Soft county re-entry, higher pay after school job went up in smoke

Wednesday, December 05, 2007
By KEN THORBOURNE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Less than three months after one arm of county government pressured Jersey City resident Phillip Flood II to resign due to a marijuana bust, his mother, Hudson County Register and Jersey City Councilwoman Willie Flood, hired him as a $38,000-a-year data processing systems programmer, officials said yesterday.

It was the first of two government jobs Flood II has landed thanks to his mother. On Nov. 20, Willie Flood hired him as her aide, earning Flood II another $15,000 a year.

The marijuana arrest occurred on Feb. 15, officials said.

Initial charges included six counts, including possession of a controlled dangerous substance and being under the influence of drugs, but was downgraded to disorderly person offenses and remanded to the Jersey City Municipal Court, where on July 19 Flood II pleaded guilty to one court of possession of marijuana, said Trial Court Administrator Joseph Davis.

Flood II was placed on one year probation and given $708 in fines and penalties, which he paid by Sept. 25, Davis said.

The arrest triggered Flood II's suspension at the Hudson County Schools of Technology, where he had been working since July 2001 as a data entry and Web site employee, county officials said. Flood II finally resigned the $35,000-a-year post in August, said county spokesman Jim Kennelly.

The final call to put Flood II back on the county payroll on Nov. 13 was made by his mother, Willie Flood, Kennelly said yesterday.

"As a constitutional officer, she (Flood) is the appointing officer," Kennelly said. "She is the ultimate authority over who is hired or fired in her office."

The marijuana bust wasn't Flood II's first brush with the law.

In the face of a theft by deception charge by the state Attorney General's Office last year, Flood II agreed to repay the state nearly $13,000 in unemployment insurance the state said he fraudulently collected between Aug. 4, 2001 and Aug. 23, 2003.

Flood never entered a plea and entered pre-trial intervention so no crime was entered on his record, said Attorney General spokesman Peter Aseltine.

Flood II didn't return calls to comment. Willie Flood called her son "a very industrious and bright man."

He "grew up in the church" and helped distribute turkeys this past Thanksgiving, she added.

Posted on: 2007/12/5 16:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
It would be ok IF IT WASN'T HER DRUG DEALING SON.

Posted on: 2007/12/5 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
are we really surprised by this ?

02/20/2005
Ah, the political season has begun

Announcements for mayor, council seats spur intrigue
Ricardo Kaulessar
Reporter staff writer

Former Councilwoman and elected member of JC Board of Education Willie Flood:

Flood said at the luncheon that a deal was made with Healy in the months after the November special election, allowing for her to run on his slate.

"We met, and he asked me if I would run with him," she said. "I agreed, but I wanted to make sure that the young people who worked on my campaign would be offered some kind of employment since they worked for no money." Flood said the employment would either be on a city or county administrative level.

Posted on: 2007/12/5 14:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
is anybody on the list willing to talk on camera to Fox news - "Shame on You" segment?

lemme know!

I think Fat Ass Bike should do it. He's outgrown his audiance here anyway. It could be the big break he's been waiting for. I think it could lead to a spot as a regular comentator on Fox. He could be like the Andy Rooney of Fox News..."A Few Minutes With Fat Ass Bike"

Posted on: 2007/12/5 13:53

Re: Flood of problems
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/25 20:46
Group:
Registered Users
I went to church too when I was a kid, can I have a job?

Posted on: 2007/12/5 13:27
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
"did I mention that he handed out turkeys?"

She's got a nerve, that mommy Flood... either that or an awesome sense of humor.

Man this just makes me more and more angry. I hope somebody steps up for the Fox News interview...

Posted on: 2007/12/5 13:19
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Well he had a lot to be thankful for, didn't he?

Posted on: 2007/12/5 3:21

Flood of problems
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/24 1:25
Group:
Registered Users
'Flood' of problems for councilwoman's son
by Ken Thorbourne
Tuesday December 04, 2007, 6:05 PM

Less than three months after one arm of county government pressured Jersey City resident Phillip Flood II to resign due to a marijuana bust, his mother, Hudson County Register and Jersey City Councilwoman Willie Flood, hired him as a $38,000-a-year data processing systems programmer, officials said today.
This is the second government job Flood II has landed thanks to his mother: On Nov. 20, Willie Flood hired him as her aide, earning Flood II another $15,000 a year.

The marijuana arrest occurred on Feb. 15, officials said.

Initial charges included six counts, including possession of controlled dangerous substance and being under the influence of drugs, but was downgraded to disorderly person offenses and remanded to the Jersey City Municipal Court, where on July 19, Flood II pleaded guilty to one court of possession of marijuana, said Trial Court Administrator Joseph Davis.

Flood II was placed on one year probation and given $708 in fines and penalties, which he paid by Sept. 25, Davis said.

The arrest triggered Flood II's suspension at the Hudson County Schools of Technology, where he had been working since July 2001 as a data entry and Web site employee, county officials said. Flood II finally resigned the $35,000-a-year post in August, said county spokesman Jim Kennelly.

The final call to put Flood II back on the county payroll on Nov. 13 was made by his mother, Willie Flood, Kennelly said yesterday.

"As a constitutional officer, she (Flood) is the appointing officer," Kennelly said. "She is the ultimate authority over who is hired or fired in her office."

The marijuana bust isn't Flood II's first brush with the law.

In the face of a theft by deception charge by the State Attorney General's Office last year, Flood II agreed to repay the state nearly $13,000 in unemployment insurance the state said he fraudulently collected between Aug. 4, 2001 to Aug. 23, 2003.

Flood never entered a plea and entered pre-trial intervention so no crime was entered on his record, said Attorney General spokesman Peter Aseltine.

Flood II didn't return calls to comment. Willie Flood II called her son "a very industrious and bright man."

Posted on: 2007/12/5 2:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
yeah, they're interested, and Arnold Diaz, the reporter, asked if there's anyone they can talk to, or get on camera...

Mr Fulop? Would you go on camera? I'll email the betterjc.org as well...

Posted on: 2007/12/4 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I was thinking, if they're is good to go on this, why don't you let the folks at betterjc.org know? Maybe there's someone there who'll talk on camera.

Because also I think it would make sense to wrap the Fulop referendums (esp. the one on not allowing council members to double-dip into other city/county jobs) into the Flood II story...

Posted on: 2007/12/4 19:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
man, I would but for my terminal shyness - I prefer to work behind the scenes, for the referendum(s) - but I hope someone else takes you up on it.

is Fox already interested?

because that would be great, to have local news look underneath the rock that is JC city hall...

Posted on: 2007/12/4 14:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
is anybody on the list willing to talk on camera to Fox news - "Shame on You" segment?

lemme know!

Posted on: 2007/12/4 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
It just shows that we all need to vote in local elections - and make a point of voting for anyone who's NOT an incumbent! As much as I hate to do so (and I've never done so before), I'll be more than happy to vote Republican on Jersey City and Hudson County offices just to get this effing lot of morally bankrupt losers out. I've raised this before on a previous post, but maybe it's time to consider a recall vote - starting with the mayor himself - i'll gladly sign a petition to put a recall vote on the ballot! If the GOP in Hudson County had any brains, they'd capitalize on this growing frustration and get a recall initiative on the ballot. It worked in California, why not JC/Hudson County??

Posted on: 2007/12/4 3:20

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/15 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
I,m sorry but if this whole episode doesn't show some sought of inbreeding at work here nothing will! A woman with 2 Goverment paychecks hiring her drug dealing son.
Than her right to do so is defended by Corporation Counsel Bill Matsikoudis, whose brother attorney Bill Matsikoudis seems to be defending the Councilwomans son. This is from the same administration that brought to us lateral transfers of Police Officers from middletown NJ who happen to be the Mayors relative! This is disgusting and shows a definite mixing of DNA in City Hall!

Posted on: 2007/12/3 21:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
why, it's the Jersey City "pre-trial intervention program" that the article at the start of the thread mentions...

"pre-trial intervention program" ...hilarious

Posted on: 2007/12/3 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Of course he goes before a judge in Jersey City and gets him off Scot free.

Can the DA comment on why charges were dropped in this case?

Posted on: 2007/12/3 14:40

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017