Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Where does the rent-a-cop money go?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/4 18:16
Group:
Banned
Quote:

billtimslee wrote:
Don't be Jealous because I am more intelligent and Successful than the Loser and DullMoment

Intelligent? Your post *clearly* disproves that statement.

Sucessful? If your standard is being able to post on JCList at 11 in the morning - wow!

It hurts when you get called out on your shit. Deal with it. Learn and grow.

Or not.

- Loser

Posted on: 2007/11/13 2:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Let's call a spade a spade. This is the city's way of "out-sourcing" overtime. It makes sense in a way because the money is pilfered from the developers etc. On the other hand the cops should understand that they still are working to uphold the laws of Jersey City and not the desires of the developers as we saw at 111 First. I am all for it if the police stay "neutral" but in reality it would make more sense to have a fireman or paramedic on construction sites when there isn't any traffic control going on.

Posted on: 2007/11/12 19:13

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/8 15:33
From sugarhouse
Group:
Registered Users
Don't be Jealous because I am more intelligent and Successful than the Loser and DullMoment

Posted on: 2007/11/12 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nugnfutz wrote:

Sweet...i totally suck at pool...and im sure u can kick my ass for $20-$100 bucks a game. Actually dude or dudette...let u off lightly...we can play for beers :)

Beers are fine! Let me know where and when.

Posted on: 2007/11/12 5:08
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/28 15:23
Group:
Banned
[quote]
BrightMoment wrote:

Yeah, well it's been 5 years since I last picked up a cue in open league competition, but I'm sure I could still kick YOR butt! Straight pool, call pocket only, all balls pocketed not called are spotted, 14 to 1 continuous till 144 points scored. Any table in Jersey City. Let me know when and where.

[quote]

Sweet...i totally suck at pool...and im sure u can kick my ass for $20-$100 bucks a game. Actually dude or dudette...let u off lightly...we can play for beers :)

Posted on: 2007/11/12 5:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
Quote:

nugnfutz wrote:
BM - kick ur ass anywhere, anytime at 8-ball, 9-ball, straight, snooker, billiards...name ur poison. I'm not very good, but i got a nice stick :)

Oh ...and can you give me the short answer plz....fell asleep on the long one. Not worth my time. But thats ur Zzzzzzzz.

Yeah, well it's been 5 years since I last picked up a cue in open league competition, but I'm sure I could still kick YOR butt! Straight pool, call pocket only, all balls pocketed not called are spotted, 14 to 1 continuous till 144 points scored. Any table in Jersey City. Let me know when and where.

New Jersey hasn't seen this kind of action since Hamilton-Burr in 1804. Hope you guys are gonna sell tickets, cause I'm there!

Posted on: 2007/11/11 16:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nugnfutz wrote:
BM - kick ur ass anywhere, anytime at 8-ball, 9-ball, straight, snooker, billiards...name ur poison. I'm not very good, but i got a nice stick :)

Oh ...and can you give me the short answer plz....fell asleep on the long one. Not worth my time. But thats ur Zzzzzzzz.

Oh and the short story:

*you didn't get the QED joke. I pulled a mase shot on yor obvious lay and my english and position left you behind the 8 ball with no possible shot except to scratch.

Posted on: 2007/11/11 10:41
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2007/11/11 6:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nugnfutz wrote:
Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
Quote:

nugnfutz wrote:
Q.E.D.

Quod Ego Dic(k)o, "because I say so" or quo errat demonstrator, "where the demonstrator errs".

Figures.

Resized Image

When I signed up to this website i agreed not to entered into personal flames with other people. And when I have, I believe I have had enough humility to apoligise when needed.

Think you've forgotton that BM. You just proved my assertions with your intolerance and total dismissal of anyone that doesn't share you views nor experience.

LOL! nugngutz you have as little humor as you have more than enough pomposity. My proclaiming your laziness in not doing a search on this site for your answer is not "...dismissal of anyone that doesn't share your views now experience.", it's a statement of fact that the answers are here on this site. Your debate tactic of trying to state that this shows "intolerance" is not about my views or anyone else's views you disagree with here other than again your lack of research skills.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
QED = An abbreviation of the Latin phrase "quod erat demonstrandum". It literally translates as "which was to be demonstrated", and is a formal way of ending a mathematical, logical or physical proof. It's purpose is to alert the reader that the immediately previous statement, which naturally was arrived at by an unbroken chain of logic, was the original statement that we were trying to prove.

Again, your definition of Q.E.D. is only one of many definitions of this Latin acronym. My humorous take you find "intolerant" because it disagrees with your so-called "proof". If you had a sense of humor I wouldn't have to explain to you that my "black square" of the 8 ball is both a humorous commentary on the traditional use of a black square in mathematical proofs to indicate:

Q.E.D.

"End-of-proof symbolism in the present day is often the symbol ■ (solid black square), also called tombstone or Halmos symbol (after Paul Halmos, who pioneered its use)"

if you don't know what "behind the 8 ball" means you didn't spend enough time in pool rooms as some of us did.

Check here for further definitions of QED, beyond your own, nugnfutz:

Variations on the abbreviation

In English speaking countries the letters have been humorously interpreted as "Quite Easily Done" or "Quickly and Easily Done", "Quite Easily Demonstrated", or, occasionally, "Quite Eloquently Done", or "Quite Enough Done". Other humorous expansions in the context of mathematical proofs are "Question Every Detail" or "Question Every Deduction", suggesting that the reader should check that the proof is indeed correct as claimed, or "Qualitatively Extracted Deduction" or "Quit and Eat Dinner." It has also been rendered as quod ego dico, "because I say so" or quo errat demonstrator, "where the demonstrator errs".

There is another Latin phrase, with a slightly different meaning, but a similar, if less common usage. Quod erat faciendum is translated as "which was to be done." This is usually shortened to Q.E.F.. As with Q.E.D., Q.E.F. is a translation of the Greek geometers' closing ὅπερ ἔδει ποιῆσαι (hoper edei poiēsai). Euclid used this phrase to close propositions which were not precisely "proofs", but rather examplar constructions. The distinction between Q.E.D. and Q.E.F. is roughly equivalent to the distinction between a proof and an illustration of the proof.

Alternatively, some people prefer to use the more tongue-in-cheek WWWWW or W5 which stands for the English "Which Was What We Wanted."

This abbreviation has as many foreign equivalents as there are languages; in French and German (two languages a mathematician might see often) it is respectively C.Q.F.D, for "ce qu'il fallait d?montrer", and W.Z.B.W, for "was zu beweisen war". Other variants may be found in the language Wikipedias on the sidebar.

Posted on: 2007/11/11 4:31
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
Quote:

nugnfutz wrote:
Q.E.D.

Quod Ego Dic(k)o, "because I say so" or quo errat demonstrator, "where the demonstrator errs".

Figures.

Resized Image

When I signed up to this website i agreed not to entered into personal flames with other people. And when I have, I believe I have had enough humility to apoligise when needed.

Think you've forgotton that BM. You just proved my assertions with your intolerance and total dismissal of anyone that doesn't share you views nor experience.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
QED = An abbreviation of the Latin phrase "quod erat demonstrandum". It literally translates as "which was to be demonstrated", and is a formal way of ending a mathematical, logical or physical proof. It's purpose is to alert the reader that the immediately previous statement, which naturally was arrived at by an unbroken chain of logic, was the original statement that we were trying to prove.

Posted on: 2007/11/11 4:09

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/4 18:16
Group:
Banned
hah hah you said loser

you are so dumb. everybody knows

the company pays the Police Dept.

the City pays the Po-Po

everybody is happy

except for the date rape boy sitting all lonely in the BoogaSugahHowse

- Loser

Posted on: 2007/11/9 2:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nugnfutz wrote:
Q.E.D.

Figures.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2007/11/8 22:59
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

billtimslee wrote:
Quote:
BrightMoment

What a Loser this guy is, Get a Life Man
Instead of spending 4 hours composing your reply you could have just posted something useful such as a link to the thread or answer the question if you know what the answer is. Get off the computer for a few hours a day man and Live, Damn it, Live your Life.

I have confidence you can do it

-- FYI-- His response will be full of images,quotes, or useless videos because he has nothing worthwhile to contribute...

LMAO! This from the former "date-rape drug GHB" avatar user. Thought we forgot about that asinine avatar, hey "tim slee"?

Unlike you of little skill, my reply took all of several minutes as some of us know what we're doing.

BTW, what else do YOU do besides disgruntled restaurant reviews after you've stiffed tipping the staff, huh wanker?

Play rugby and sell insurance probably

Q.E.D.
Resized Image

Posted on: 2007/11/8 22:49
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

billtimslee wrote:
Quote:
BrightMoment

Instead of spending 4 hours composing your reply you could have just posted something useful such as a link to the thread or answer the question if you know what the answer is. Get off the computer for a few hours a day man and Live, Damn it, Live your Life.

-- FYI-- His response will be full of images,quotes, or useless videos because he has nothing worthwhile to contribute...

At least he tips.

I actually found the response pretty interesting, because it shows actual action -- people DOING SOMETHING -- rather than just coming online and bitching and moaning and expecting someone else to solve the problem.

Now, back to the regularly-scheduled-boring-bash-the-cops-programming...

Posted on: 2007/11/8 21:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/8 15:33
From sugarhouse
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
BrightMoment

Posted on: 2007/11/8 20:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

nugnfutz wrote:
Q.E.D.

In any case: the $15 an hour figure (which, as I said, could be off) isn't any big secret.

If you call City Hall and ask for a permit for a construction project that requires use of off-duty police officers, they'll tell you what the cost is. (Or refer you to a security agency that will tell you what the cost is.)

I know about this system because someone I know was complaining about having to make the payments through this system. The reason I don't know about the exact figure is that the guy I know made these arrangements, and he made them about a year ago.

Regardless: the actual payment system is set up in a way that is not necessarily corrupt. The client simply pays someone in an above-board way, not by shoving an envelope of cash under the table.

But one problem is if a security client ends up paying an officer more than JCPD does, and another problem is if moonlighting ends up interfering with officers' work during normal hours or preventing officers from taking necessary JCPD overtime work.

Finally, I guess I have become very bitter about the JCPD, but I think it would be pretty easy for the JCPD to change its image by making even ineffective efforts to harass the various open-air drug supermarkets and by arranging for the city as a whole to be gentle when dealing with victims of car theft. (Note: I'm referring here to the hair-raising posts on the "funniest thing about having a car stolen in Jersey City" thread.)

Posted on: 2007/11/8 17:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Q.E.D.

Posted on: 2007/11/8 12:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
nugnfutz wrote:

Trying to understand u Brightmoment....u lash back at anyone and everyone that has a serious question about policing in downtown JC. My question was a serious one without any agenda. What ur doing is showing your intolerance for any view not compatible with your own.

Not at all nugnfutz, I abhor laziness though and your question for this topic you set up shows just that quality, as you're like the guy who shows up late for the party and wonders why everyone is finished with dinner and ready to go home.

There is a very long topic post here that I refuse to do your own slacker work and post for you that answers your very topic query, but you're just too lazy to find it so you post topic after topic on the police without finding the original posts, reading the info and then with some context provide commentary. What you're doing is simply shooting from the hip without contributing, imo.

If you can drop the posturing, I may consider joining the DJCW group.

I would suggest that it is you posturing, nugnfutz, by asking questions repeatedly that have already been answered here as if to show you've uncovered some kind of conspiracy when the info is here if you'd only bother to look.

I invited you several times to come to the DJCW mtg. and you and anyone else is always welcome. NONE of us "u guys" are "members" simply your neighbors who volunteer our time and concern to get involved and not take potshots from the sidelines.

As it stands...u guys need to start listening to people downtown

You obviously don't know what you're talking about as all of us who participate in DJCW, come to the meetings, work with the neighborhoods and police, ARE "people downtown", just like you, the difference is we are engaged, involved, volunteer and commit time to the DJCW and many other neighborhood groups not just posturing on a bulletin board.

A classic example was this summer in Van Vorst Park where several women contacted the DJCW, engaged us to help them with a rally that they organized and we helped and they effectively rallied at City Hall in Council Chambers, got press, had everyone from Chief Comey, on down attend and talk with residents one-on-one about their concerns and do something about them as well.

That kind of committment came from the very type of women who also organized the DJCW out of their concerns for safety not out of "not listening" as you state above.

and not slam people with valid concerns that may or may not put the police in a bad light.

Again "valid concerns" merit discussion and the very questions you pose were discussed at length here. Just because you aren't aware of that fact once again you take to mean that your non-awareness means it must not have been discussed. All of the info is here if you look, nugnfutz.

No one, least of all myself, care whether any info posted here or elsewhere puts the "police in a bad light".As I state for the umpteenth time it was I who first brought up to Captain McDonough the comps on crime statistics being amiss when looked at by each of the 6 zones that comprise the East District Command on a monthly comparison by respective zones. You don't know that cause you never saw that info I posted at JCList back in 2005 when both Steven Fulop and I brought it to the Captain's attention. That info led to Fulop questioning the downtown crime stats being on the decrease when we saw otherwise and was written about at some length in local papers.

At the moment you're appearing as an apoligist for the JCPD...and nobody outside the JCPD and City gov need that.

LOL! Listen nugnfutz, I'm not running for anything now or ever so I hardly am an apologist for the JCPD or anyone else. I complain to them when I think something is a problem and compliment them when they do a good job.The only one who thinks I'm "...an apologist for the JCPD..." is you, due to you being clueless to anything beyond your inattention to topic posts that precede you by several years.

You're such a great detective, try buying a clue to what's already posted here as to "where do the JCList topic posts about rent-a-cops money go ?". Or better yet, come to the DJCW meeting this Monday at 7PM and ask your questions to the Captain at that time

Posted on: 2007/11/8 6:04
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Trying to understand u Brightmoment....u lash back at anyone and everyone that has a serious question about policing in downtown JC. My question was a serious one without any agenda. What ur doing is showing your intolerance for any view not compatible with your own.

If you can drop the posturing, I may consider joining the DJCW group. As it stands...u guys need to start listening to people downtown and not slam people with valid concerns that may or may not put the police in a bad light.

At the moment you're appearing as an apoligist for the JCPD...and nobody outside the JCPD and City gov need that.

Posted on: 2007/11/8 3:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alb wrote:
Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
Do a search, nugnfutz. Info was posted here and long topic discussion. I have confidence in your "detective" skills.

But did the thread talk about who got the money and how it was allocated?

I think the organizations hiring the officers pay something like $15 an hour directly to the officers, but I don't remember clearly where I heard that figure and maybe it's off.

Good Luck!
Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2007/11/7 17:36
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
Do a search, nugnfutz. Info was posted here and long topic discussion. I have confidence in your "detective" skills.

But did the thread talk about who got the money and how it was allocated?

I think the organizations hiring the officers pay something like $15 an hour directly to the officers, but I don't remember clearly where I heard that figure and maybe it's off.

Posted on: 2007/11/7 15:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nugnfutz wrote:
We see cops directing traffic downtown everywhere. How much do they get, how much does the City get, and how much lines the pockets of their bosses?

Posted on: 2007/11/7 5:30
Resized Image

Where does the rent-a-cop money go?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
We see cops directing traffic downtown everywhere. How much do they get, how much does the City get, and how much lines the pockets of their bosses?

Posted on: 2007/11/7 4:53

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017