Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 17 »

Re: Who here really, really hates Comcast?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/28 12:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

coop wrote:
Quote:

ianmac47 said:
Also, has anyone noticed that the comcast cable will sometimes turn the television into rainbow colors? At first I thought it was the television but the DVD, xBox and VGA streams were normal. Usually changing the channel will correct the color problems.

This has been happening to me recently. My wife and I thought the TV was going (an old CRT TV). But no, just Comcast. Might have to go to FIOS, especially now that they have the $150 rebate offer.

Same here-mostly turns green/purple and usually on channels 4 through 7. Glad to hear it's not my TV. Just another reason Comcast sucks.

Posted on: 2009/3/16 1:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/22 2:07
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 said:
Also, has anyone noticed that the comcast cable will sometimes turn the television into rainbow colors? At first I thought it was the television but the DVD, xBox and VGA streams were normal. Usually changing the channel will correct the color problems.

This has been happening to me recently. My wife and I thought the TV was going (an old CRT TV). But no, just Comcast. Might have to go to FIOS, especially now that they have the $150 rebate offer.

Posted on: 2009/3/15 20:35

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/4 14:33
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know about everyone else but I've never had any problems with Comcast. Internet is very fast and service hardly ever drops in my area.

Television is always good and I've never had a problem getting a rep on the phone either.

Posted on: 2009/3/15 19:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Supposedly FiOS was turned on in the Athena tower, and will be turned on in some Newport Towers next month.

Posted on: 2009/3/15 19:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
goodbye, Comcast. hello, Fios!

I walked by the Verizon store on 3rd and Washington in Hoboken, and thought I'd drop in and check out Fios. The super-helpful guy in there had me signed up and ready to go in minutes. A technician will come out Tuesday morning (let's see about that...)

I'll get every cable station except HBO & Showtime, plus internet that's supposedly way faster than Comcast, and it's $10 a month cheaper than the most basic of cable service and slowest of internets that I currently sometimes have, when the wind is just right.

Comcast offered me a $20 credit not to leave. they really have no clue.

Posted on: 2009/3/15 19:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
I recently switched, they came to my house at 9 am and were done by 2 or 230. I had everything done, cable phone and internet. I have the same package as I did with comcast and pay about $70 less a month for it. Since my cell phone service is on verizon they now send me one bill.

Posted on: 2009/3/15 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

super_furry wrote:
Does anyone know the current price for internet only service (no CATV or phone) from Comcast - or the lowest they'll offer it for?

I pay $43/month for just internet with Comcast. I used to pay about $60 but I called and told them Fios was cheaper and they gladly lowered my rate.

Posted on: 2009/3/15 0:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I had an appointment today for a comcast technician to come out and solve the mystery of why my internet has died for the third time this month. got an auto-call yesterday, confirming today's 3-6pm slot.

called at 5pm to make sure someone was still coming, only to be told that my appointment was canceled last night at 10pm, for "reasons unknown."

then the customer service rep (I'm resisting the urge to use quotation marks) chastised me for not calling before 2pm today, when their dispatcher was still in the office.

didn't think I needed to call them and confirm a day after they called me to confirm. my mistake.

so, how hard is it to switch to Fios?

Posted on: 2009/3/14 23:30

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/3/14 22:51
Group:
Registered Users
It's death by a thousand paper cuts. Regardless of the corporate, it seems today that your chances of a smooth customer service transaction is far lower than before. You essentially have to block out 1 hour of your day, get prepared to be frustrated, and have to repeat the same information, the same story, countless times to a revolving personnel. Most people, myself included, either give up because we consider our time too valuable or believe the exchange of value for our dollar and our own sanity is not commensurate.

To be fair, there are times I get great service. However, it is completely idiosyncratic, because at the end a *human* must solve a problem. Your impression of the company then boils down to how 1-2 people handle you. If I sense a good faith effort from them, regardless of the outcome, I typically am far more understanding. On the other hand, if I sense a robotic or apathetic stance, my patience wears very thin.

Competition is the best cure, and typically is why customer service in the US is unbeatable compared with elsewhere. I am extremely eager to get FIOS in my area so that I can drop Comcast, or at least have far more leverage when I talk to them.

Posted on: 2009/3/14 23:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/9 22:52
Group:
Registered Users
I live in Paulus Hook and I just saw a Verizon truck rolling down my street. There was a guy in the cherry picker above running cable all the way down the street. Don't know exactly what it was, but was wondering if FIOS is finally here. Anybody know?

Posted on: 2009/3/9 17:40

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/20 16:44
Group:
Registered Users
I have internet only and it's $63 / month (all taxes fees included). A complete rip-off considering how slow the connection has been as of late but the only other option is DSL, which is about $30 / month if you have a phone.

The added benefit to comcast internet only is you can also leave the cable connected (without the box) and get the local TV channels + a few others so you don't need to worry about running a separate antenna for your TV.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 17:28

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/13 20:39
From hamilton park
Group:
Banned
elvis

unfortunately my wife needed to be at work by 1 and the tech couldn' t be back soon enough. i b!thced...

super

i believe we went with the cheapest internets only option at $40 bucks a month i think

Posted on: 2009/3/9 16:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know the current price for internet only service (no CATV or phone) from Comcast - or the lowest they'll offer it for?

Posted on: 2009/3/9 15:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
Wild,

If you bitch enough, they will send that tech back. I have done it, you just need to get the right person on the line.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 15:44

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/13 20:39
From hamilton park
Group:
Banned
my wife waited home all morning no call, no door bell. they call to tell us the tech had been there and that we now have to reschedule! seriously?!?)(*&%%^#*%@#$@$^*&%&T really aggrivated

Posted on: 2009/3/9 15:40

Re: Comcast service notification ..... March 09 12am - to 6am
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
I just received an automated call from Comcast that tonight between 12am and 6am they will be upgrading their "fiber optic network" in our area and we will have service interruptions from 30 to 90 minutes on our home phone, internet which may effect our home alarm systems if we have one.

They claim this will make our internet speed faster....we shall see

I went to speedtest.net and my internet speed is definitely faster now. Prior to today my download speeds were about 10Mbps, now they are around 14-15Mbps. Try for yourself.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/7 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
We recently decided to get rid of Verizon DSL when our contract was up. I called Comcast Friday night to inquiry about package specials---we don't have cable, don't watch much TV except Netflix or via download. I got the information, discussed it with my family and called back to order internet alone, since they are running a very good deal on that. Well, the second person I talked to quoted a price $40/month higher, and said she had never heard of such a special. We both got a little heated, and I said I was hanging up and calling back later to get the real deal from one of her colleagues. And I did exactly that. I am not sure exactly what the lesson here is, but I do know we are at the mercy of many incompetents.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 14:34

Re: Comcast service notification ..... March 09 12am - to 6am
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/21 19:11
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Could this FINALLY lead to the long-rumored, long-promised, extra HD channels in our area?

Nearly all other Comcast markets have added at least 5 to 7 new HD channels in the past year (not counting the sports channels). Even though FIOS and Direct TV still have way more than Comcast, I'll take whatever I can get at this point.

Posted on: 2009/3/8 19:47

Comcast service notification ..... March 09 12am - to 6am
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
I just received an automated call from Comcast that tonight between 12am and 6am they will be upgrading their "fiber optic network" in our area and we will have service interruptions from 30 to 90 minutes on our home phone, internet which may effect our home alarm systems if we have one.

They claim this will make our internet speed faster....we shall see

Posted on: 2009/3/8 18:47

Re: Get money back from comcast for tonight's outage
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/27 16:58
Group:
Banned
If you are spending more than 30 seconds on the phone with Comcast to get a credit of less than $1, you obviously don't value your own time very much. I understand that it's the principle, but christ...

Posted on: 2009/3/4 0:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

checkersFries wrote:
there internet is excellent,i got the newest modem they have

why r u so stingy?

Stingy ?? so you would just give up what is rightfully your's ? Always get credit for what is due to you. You pay for every minute you have service not for when you don't have it. That is why this county is in a financial mess. Our parents and grandparents would never let anyone get away with this. Why spend more money when it is unnessessary.

I just spent today looking at all my bills and figuring out how I can save money on them. I noticed my vehicle insurance charged me $10 recently - apparently a "fee" because I phoned them to ask them to take a name off my car insurance. They put it in a bill that looked misleading and stated it was to be paid in two $5 payments - so the bill actually looks like it's for $5, which I'm sure people may not argue so much about but I scrutinized it because I was confused. I called them and before I even asked for a refund they waived it. It's like they give it a try first and if someone pays they accept it.

Posted on: 2009/3/3 22:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Im going to call comcast in a few. What have you guys been saying so I know what to tell them. Also what dept do I ask for.

Posted on: 2009/3/3 16:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

checkersFries wrote:

why r u so stingy?

Stingy ?? so you would just give up what is rightfully your's ? Always get credit for what is due to you. You pay for every minute you have service not for when you don't have it. That is why this county is in a financial mess. Our parents and grandparents would never let anyone get away with this. Why spend more money when it is unnessessary.

Your argumentative leaps never cease to amaze.

Why are you always so old-timey? Is life so bad and hard for you now? All you ever do is talk about the past. The future is here and now. Enjoy it, cranky mister.

Posted on: 2009/3/3 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

checkersFries wrote:

why r u so stingy?

Posted on: 2009/3/3 15:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

why r u so stingy?

Because Comcast should be executed on Sunday.

Quote:

2) If your internet is down, how are you posting here. Stealing someone's wifi?

Because I have a phone with internet that is not comcast

Quote:

How much of a credit are you getting?

I don't know, I haven't called them yet. But since Comcast has started capping internet, and because they are running ads on the television guide menu, and because Comcast throttles internet service, and for plenty more reasons, I'll take every nickle I can get from Comcast. And I'd encourage everyone else out there to do the same until they are bankrupt and liquidating their assets.

Posted on: 2009/3/3 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users
My internet went out when i was in the middle of some work. But based on my calculations, that amount of time would cost $0.53. How much of a credit are you getting?

Posted on: 2009/3/3 13:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/8 19:40
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
We didn't experience an outage at our house either...

Posted on: 2009/3/3 12:12
www.ninasdogwalk.com

A positive attitude brings strength, energy and initiative.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
1) I didn't have any outage down here.
2) If your internet is down, how are you posting here. Stealing someone's wifi?

Posted on: 2009/3/3 10:17

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/1 23:25
From JSQ
Group:
Banned

why r u so stingy?

Posted on: 2009/3/3 7:24

Get money back from comcast for tonight's outage
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Some of you may have noticed there is no internet from comcast tonight, from about 12:30 on. Service is expected to be back around 6am. I was told I can request a service credit tomorrow when service is restored and suggest you do the same.

Posted on: 2009/3/3 7:04

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 17 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017