Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
55 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 55

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Re: Are Cops drinking on duty in JC? you have to see this video!!!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/11/6 1:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SefZi wrote:
Haha i'll make sure i pore through my extensive archive of back issues of the Jersey Journal for you! They're cataloged in my massive vault haha.

It's funny how the first-time poster person who started this thread by posting a video that doesn't even provide its viewers with a specific date is calling upon other people to do his research for him.

Nobody is saying that people shouldn't be aware that this happened. But people should be aware of the context it happened in, and shouldn't be misled by sensationalists who couldn't be bothered to investigate before crying wolf.

i did not create this video nor did i say when this happened. if you read my opening i admit that i was not even absolutely sure it was video of real police. the site says clearly that it occurred in the early 2000s .

i know that i have not heard about this incident getting the coverage it would seem to deserve in my opinion and neither did any of the people i know downtown including several who studiously follow the JC political scene and even the journalists whom i asked.

you are the one who makes statements in absolute certainty. You are CERTAIN that this occurred under a previous administration. You are CERTAIN that the police officers were punished. You are CERTAIN that is was already covered in the Journal. You seem to have no room for the possibility that what you recall may have been a separate incident. Whereas i am asking questions. i would assume you either have some incredible memory or documentation. Until you can back up your statement your are just talking.

It would seem that your logic would say that the Chicago prison torture scandal was a moot point because much of it occurred under people who are no longer in office or on the force now.

And your vehemence makes me wonder if you work for the the administration or the police department.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 0:56

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/12/30 20:15
Group:
Banned
Haha i'll make sure i pore through my extensive archive of back issues of the Jersey Journal for you! They're catalogued in my massive vault haha.

It's funny how the first-time poster person who started this thread by posting a video that doesn't even provide its viewers with a specific date is calling upon other people to do his research for him.

Nobody is saying that people shouldn't be aware that this happened. But people should be aware of the context it happened in, and shouldn't be misled by sensationalists who couldn't be bothered to investigate before crying wolf.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 0:30

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SefZi wrote:
Dreadstar, how long have you lived in Jersey City? Just because you didn't know that it happened doesn't mean there was a conspiracy to cover it up.

The video footage was covered in the local press, i remember reading about it in the Jersey Journal at the time, and being outraged by it. It took place under a prior mayor and under a prior police chief. What exactly would you like to be done about it, now four years (or more) later?

I guess i question your suppositions about the facts. Also you still haven't addressed my questions. Why should people not be aware of this? What is your agenda? And if you think this was covered previously provide a periodical and issue . It's great to SAY it was covered and dealt with but i like to see proof or documentation. And I have been in JC since '92 so i am not some new resident to the area.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 0:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
Actually you can see the exact spot is the North West corner of the old Butler Building (350 Warren Industrial).The yellow painted edge of the dock is exactly as it was in the video.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 0:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/19 20:14
Group:
Registered Users
Well I must say as far as I'm concerned healey does not have a good track record of discipline for cops that drink
ON DUTY!!! let alone off duty. Case in point, for those
of you who remember the lockdown of 111 1st st.
A video tape was made of a group of police officers at
the corner of warren and 1st getting SHIT FACED DRUNK!!!
in broad daylight, with guns and full uniform on. The
video clearly shows the officers passing around a BIG!
bottle of booze as they hang on each other laughing
and havin a good ol time. At one point one officer stumbles
away from the group and takes a piss in the street.
The video ends with the cops setting the empty bottle
down and DRIVING AWAY!! This video was taken directly to Mayor Healey to show that the J.C.P.D. (who were being
paid by LLOYD GOLDMAN) was not helping the situation.
Mayor Healeys respons was \"well, i guess we got a problem over there\" we could tell by the response the only problem was the whole thing was on tape. But nothing was done,the same cops were back at work, business as usual.
lets face it, they all look out for each other in every way,
And even if youre caught, your not, unless someone
presses charges. IF THAT WERE YOU AND I!!???
AND NO THIS WAS NOT COVERED IN ANY PAPER OR TV!!

Posted on: 2007/10/9 0:00

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Dreadstar, how long have you lived in Jersey City? Just because you didn't know that it happened doesn't mean there was a conspiracy to cover it up.

The video footage was covered in the local press, i remember reading about it in the Jersey Journal at the time, and being outraged by it. It took place under a prior mayor and under a prior police chief. What exactly would you like to be done about it, now four years (or more) later?

Posted on: 2007/10/8 23:45

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SefZi wrote:
"How come no papers are picking this up? Jersey Journal....HELLO!!! I mean this seems like a big issue that needs to really see the light and have some answers. Even if it was a couple years ago this type of behavior by the JC police department is sicking. We should demand answers. One of these heroes urinates in broad day light then clearly staggers away with a gun on his side. Unreal."

Maybe because it happened several years ago and was covered in the press at that time? What is newsworthy about this, that somebody found an old video on the internet? How would the headline read? INTERNET REVEALS OLD NEWS, NEW RESIDENTS DEMAND ANSWERS.

Can you or others who say this is an old issue provide any documentation or reference on the coverage this incident had at the time? To me this is something people should have known about and i know i have never seen it in print or tv media. people have questioned my agenda for pointing out this clip. I question the agenda of those who would want to squash awareness of this incident. I would summarize my agenda as power to the people. As we move into a surveillance culture, i believe the large part of that surveillance should be done by the the people on our government. i also find the hypocrisy stunning given the number of times i see police pointlessly and perhaps unconstitutionally hassling the homeless and drunk. And meanwhile we are told that the police cant protect us so tax paying businesses are forced to curtail their business hours as a part of curfews on streets like communipaw where there is a police station right in the curfew zone. I somehow think that when the developers get their hands on the real-estate the curfews will be gone along with the long term residents.

Posted on: 2007/10/8 23:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
This is actually a pretty well traveled road. It's right behind Shoprite and BJ's and if you know the short cut it is used a lot. It's also right around the corner from Chili's. Hardly deserted.

Talk about "I am above the law!" Quote:

stepanstas wrote:
Thats excatly why I started that BJs topic

When cops are privately hired (especially in deserted places like in the video) they can do whatever they want.

They have nobody to supervise them

Posted on: 2007/10/8 13:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
Thats excatly why I started that BJs topic

When cops are privately hired (especially in deserted places like in the video) they can do whatever they want.

They have nobody to supervise them

Posted on: 2007/10/8 1:58

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
"How come no papers are picking this up? Jersey Journal....HELLO!!! I mean this seems like a big issue that needs to really see the light and have some answers. Even if it was a couple years ago this type of behavior by the JC police department is sicking. We should demand answers. One of these heroes urinates in broad day light then clearly staggers away with a gun on his side. Unreal."

Maybe because it happened several years ago and was covered in the press at that time? What is newsworthy about this, that somebody found an old video on the internet? How would the headline read? INTERNET REVEALS OLD NEWS, NEW RESIDENTS DEMAND ANSWERS.

Posted on: 2007/10/7 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
How come no papers are picking this up? Jersey Journal....HELLO!!! I mean this seems like a big issue that needs to really see the light and have some answers. Even if it was a couple years ago this type of behavior by the JC police department is sicking. We should demand answers. One of these heroes urinates in broad day light then clearly staggers away with a gun on his side. Unreal.

Posted on: 2007/10/7 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Doesn't help resolve their drinking problem and the suspension didn't act as a deterrent for others.

Suspension only shows what a crap police force we have (when it comes to discipline) and how it appears a construction co. can corrupt cops.
They might have been suspended, but you would not be aware if they were drawing an income from their private work during that time.

Suspension is the MINIMUM form of discipline - these guys on tape look like SERIOUS drinkers, I'd love to see random alcohol tests for cops before they start their shift - it takes along time for the alcohol to leave the system if you have been drinking the night before and we forget these sorts of ass-wipes are in a position of authority and carry a gun.

They should have been sacked on the spot, once the video was made available and it was proven that they were on the JCPD approved private job, representing the justice system and people of JC.

These ass-wipes are not responsible cops and it makes sense on how Healy's nephew was able to remain a drunk driving killing cop on the books with the JCPD - nothing has changed.

We would like to cops to be tough on crime, but they can't be tough on their own when they fccuk up - it gives reason to why crime in JC is so bad.

Posted on: 2007/10/6 15:22
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Don't kid yourselves, these guys got a slap on the wrists - if that. They were working DIRECTLY for the construction co. and because its such an unregulated area of employment, nothing was really done.
This siht is one of many reasons why cops should not be allowed to wear the JCPD uniform when they do private contract work on the side or carry a firearm.
People forget, ALL they are doing is directing traffic, just like a children's crossing lady, so a cops uniform and gun isn't necessary - just a vest that says 'TRAFFIC CONTROL' or 'SECURITY' if working for a store like BJ's.

60 and 90 day suspensions (not paid) is not a slap on the wrist....

Posted on: 2007/10/6 14:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Accually they were working for LLoyd Goldman, owner
of 111 1st st. They were not there to direct traffic but were hired for 24 hr watch over the artist and building. Funny how the building had more crime in the last 90 days we were there than in the entire 16 years i was in the building. The cops were paid to look the other way.

Posted on: 2007/10/6 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Don't kid yourselves, these guys got a slap on the wrists - if that. They were working DIRECTLY for the construction co. and because its such an unregulated area of employment, nothing was really done.
This siht is one of many reasons why cops should not be allowed to wear the JCPD uniform when they do private contract work on the side or carry a firearm.
People forget, ALL they are doing is directing traffic, just like a children's crossing lady, so a cops uniform and gun isn't necessary - just a vest that says 'TRAFFIC CONTROL' or 'SECURITY' if working for a store like BJ's.

Posted on: 2007/10/6 14:01
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, this was during the 111 1st st lockdown
and is only part of the video. The website posting
this video DOES NOT have permission from the auther
to sell and profit from the sale of DVDs.

Posted on: 2007/10/6 13:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
That might have been the dumbest video I've ever seen.

Terror, greed...? Please....

Someone kick this dude off....Posting some stupid video to promote some lame website...This is not what this site is for.

Posted on: 2007/10/6 4:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dmark526 wrote:
Quote:
The video is not new, it happened about 3- 4 years ago during the Cunningham or Smith administration. This was near 111 First st.. The cops involved were severely disciplined. They were transfered, demoted, and/or suspended.

It definitely wasn't Tommy Smith. He left office in "81"

Funny guy (or gal)!

Posted on: 2007/10/6 0:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
The video is not new, it happened about 3- 4 years ago during the Cunningham or Smith administration. This was near 111 First st.. The cops involved were severely disciplined. They were transfered, demoted, and/or suspended.

It definitely wasn't Tommy Smith. He left office in "81"

Posted on: 2007/10/5 22:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
these guys must have been thrilled when Healy took over.I am surprised that more cops have not wound up in the same predicament as Healys cousin.

Posted on: 2007/10/5 21:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users

It was a total disgrace and I don't recall all the details but I'm glad it wasn't swept under the rug.

Posted on: 2007/10/5 21:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/18 15:05
From John Wilkes Park
Group:
Registered Users
Who cares what the poster's agenda is, I'm more concerned if the video is what it says it is.

Posted on: 2007/10/5 21:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
first post. hmm. no agenda there.

Posted on: 2007/10/5 21:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/11 14:22
Group:
Registered Users
OHHHHHHH SHHHHNNNNAAAAPPPPPPPP

Posted on: 2007/10/5 21:17

Are Cops drinking on duty in JC? you have to see this video!!!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i came across this video on a would-be underground news site. But for the life of me it looks authentic and it looks like bay st or maybe First st. Drunk Cops in JC? These guys have uniforms and guns and are clearly hammered! the cameraman even caught a license plate. Tell me what you think!

Posted on: 2007/10/5 21:07

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017