Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Re: Are Cops drinking on duty in JC? you have to see this video!!!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/11/6 1:44
Group:
Registered Users
i got a dollar that says your wrong!

Posted on: 2007/10/11 15:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
This video is pre-Healy.

Posted on: 2007/10/11 14:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

81905 wrote:
Cheese and rice! Still no link to the documented proof, no date and issue from the Journal? There was supposed to be all this coverage when this happened? Unreal? What gives here? "Much more details about the punishment was posted on another forum." Why not share this link and all the documented proof? Please do tell about this 'so called' punishement.......
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Quote:

81905 wrote:
I have to agree F.A.B. I have been following this thread since it was started last week. Funny how in the beginning there were a number of people (perhaps loyalists?) who knew it had been covered in the local papers and/or that these despicable men in uniform had been either been let go, reprimanded or fill in the blank. Around a week has gone by and there is NO proof that this was in the papers at all. Why is that? Hmmmmm......Gotta love the spin people will play when their government jobs could be in jeopardy.

For our Mayor, City Council, Police Chief and all the local papers to cast a blind eye to this and let this kind of behavior slide through the cracks is yet another reason that most of the USA finds NJ to be such a corrupt state. Sad but true.

Come on JC Government what are you going to say about this? Look at all the constituents who have seen this thread and yet none of us have heard your response. Pathetic!!!
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
This thread has pointed out individual alliances to the current political administration. Some posters would love to 'blow' this topic which only shows to me their loyalty. A bit like their loyality to posting on different websites and creating multi usernames to pedal that loyality.

Unreal, if you want to know why the media doesn't want to cover it ask them. The reporter from both the Jersey Journal and the Hudson Reporter are logged in thru out the day. Also the thread was also started on another forum and much more details about the punishment was posted.

I'm done posting on this thread because I have nothing further to add. So, if you want to make my "silence" a conspiracy theory" so be it, I do find it a bit funny how some here really do stink when it comes to research.

Read post #91 he/she posted the other forum, do the same thing others did, go to the site mentioned and read.

Posted on: 2007/10/11 13:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Cheese and rice! Still no link to the documented proof, no date and issue from the Journal? There was supposed to be all this coverage when this happened? Unreal? What gives here? "Much more details about the punishment was posted on another forum." Why not share this link and all the documented proof? Please do tell about this 'so called' punishement.......
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Quote:

81905 wrote:
I have to agree F.A.B. I have been following this thread since it was started last week. Funny how in the beginning there were a number of people (perhaps loyalists?) who knew it had been covered in the local papers and/or that these despicable men in uniform had been either been let go, reprimanded or fill in the blank. Around a week has gone by and there is NO proof that this was in the papers at all. Why is that? Hmmmmm......Gotta love the spin people will play when their government jobs could be in jeopardy.

For our Mayor, City Council, Police Chief and all the local papers to cast a blind eye to this and let this kind of behavior slide through the cracks is yet another reason that most of the USA finds NJ to be such a corrupt state. Sad but true.

Come on JC Government what are you going to say about this? Look at all the constituents who have seen this thread and yet none of us have heard your response. Pathetic!!!
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
This thread has pointed out individual alliances to the current political administration. Some posters would love to 'blow' this topic which only shows to me their loyalty. A bit like their loyality to posting on different websites and creating multi usernames to pedal that loyality.

Unreal, if you want to know why the media doesn't want to cover it ask them. The reporter from both the Jersey Journal and the Hudson Reporter are logged in thru out the day. Also the thread was also started on another forum and much more details about the punishment was posted.

I'm done posting on this thread because I have nothing further to add. So, if you want to make my "silence" a conspiracy theory" so be it, I do find it a bit funny how some here really do stink when it comes to research.

Posted on: 2007/10/11 13:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

81905 wrote:

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2007/10/11 12:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2007/10/11 12:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Finally anyone condoning this 'all authority and power' but no accountability is merely in agreement with the current administration and status quo.

It not just these cops on video, but the whole appointment and accountability process that includes the recent Judges and admin. staff screwing around with parking tickets.

I guess we can't expect much more from a convicted criminal as Mayor.

Posted on: 2007/10/11 12:01
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2007/10/11 10:48
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I agree and find the number of posts saying to give the cops a break kind of shocking. This has been bumper year for questionable shootings all across the country. Even in NY where a law was passed to give police sobriety tests after shootings , the policeman's union is fighting the law. these guys are not stocking shelves.. they carry guns. I doubt that many people would find it acceptable if a bus driver or pilot was discovered to be drunk while working even if it was a freelance gig and only got a slap on the wrist. At least according to posts on the NJ.com forum the guy driving in the video was promoted to LT. People seem to forget how quickly one can go form being a citizen to a arrested and if the people who wield the power have no public accountability how safe are we?

Posted on: 2007/10/11 4:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
My "working" for The City of Jersey City has absolutely nothing to do with why I pay very close attention to all types of situations concerning off- duty details. In the last 10 years, I've grown to be a bit more educated about "off duty details" and how departments through out the state handle these types of situations and civilian complaints. If you think for one moment I will post to protect any law enforcement officer behaving badly, you're deeply mistaken.

I suggest if anyone wants any further details you call Councilman Fulop and get the information from him.

Not for Nothing, you are asking us to call a Politician. How do we know he isn't try to protect the city's interests? I searched the Jersey Journal's database and found no reference to any story from this incident. I tried the Merit Review and found no reference there. All I am asking is if anyone has some concrete evidence or a reliable Press reference to get to the bottom of this story. I am not accusing anyone of anything but it is difficult to just take someone's word on an internet blog. I am not anti-cop but these guys should know better, they are not teenagers.

Posted on: 2007/10/11 2:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
My "working" for The City of Jersey City has absolutely nothing to do with why I pay very close attention to all types of situations concerning off- duty details. In the last 10 years, I've grown to be a bit more educated about "off duty details" and how departments through out the state handle these types of situations and civilian complaints. If you think for one moment I will post to protect any law enforcement officer behaving badly, you're deeply mistaken.

I suggest if anyone wants any further details you call Councilman Fulop and get the information from him.

Posted on: 2007/10/10 22:45

Edited by r_pinkowitz on 2007/10/10 23:01:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
I have googled every possible variant of this incident and have not found anything. It seems that the Merit Review Board only handles cases in which the punishment is challenged by a NJ State employee. If anyone has some evidence that these guys were punished I (and I am sure everyone else) would love to see it. I am sorry but I can't take the word of another city employee unless some proof is brought forward.

Posted on: 2007/10/10 20:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/3 12:11
Group:
Registered Users
wow! This video (if a true account of Jersey City Police Officers) would see these Officers dismissed immediately in any other law enforcement agency. If they haven't been dismissed, then an open and public investigation should take place.
The public trust has be compromised, not only the officers should be investigated, but also the people and process to retain their services. Internal Affairs has a lot to answer for in my opinion, regardless if there was any internal politics at play.

Posted on: 2007/10/10 15:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/22 9:03
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I find the discussion regarding whether or not the video in question is old news or "new" news strange. Similarly why is there concern over the motives of the person who posted it? The video speaks for itself, it is not like the poster made a wild accusation not based in fact.

I asked a few posts ago if any of the long time JC residents on here know the approximate time/date this happened. I have searched through the local media going back to 2000 and haven't seen anything on this. Ive also lived here since 2000 and don't recall ever hearing about this.

Posted on: 2007/10/10 14:04

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
ahh but my replies are responses to your comments for the most part. there is freedom of speech and if you dont like what i have to say you have the freedom not to look at it. but otherwise i guess we will have to live and let live.

Posted on: 2007/10/10 4:55

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/12/30 20:15
Group:
Banned
Hahaha your back-to-back posts make it pretty clear that this thread is in no danger of 'dying' while you're around. So there's no harm in my responding on that front.

Posted on: 2007/10/10 4:51

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
C'est la vie. but with every comment you just keep it alive.. thank you.Quote:

SefZi wrote:
See that's where you really make no sense. I think Healy is a bumbling idiotic slob, and a lame excuse for a Mayor. I haven't said a single thing in his defense. Try reading the things people write before repeatedly putting words in their mouths.

I share your opinions of our local elected officials, dreadstar. It's fascinating that you find it so hard to believe that somebody can both think you're a hack, without having somebody in the alternative to defend.

And don't flatter yourself into thinking that blank was meant to suggest I was referring to you. Anybody who knows anything that's going on in this City can read between the lines on that one, and your inability to catch the reference shows how clued in you are to Jersey City politics.

Posted on: 2007/10/10 4:46

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
See that's where you really make no sense. I think Healy is a bumbling idiotic slob, and a lame excuse for a Mayor. I haven't said a single thing in his defense. Try reading the things people write before repeatedly putting words in their mouths, Captain "Truth".

I share your opinions of our local elected officials, dreadstar. It's fascinating that you find it so hard to believe that somebody can both think you're a hack, without having somebody in the alternative to defend.

And don't flatter yourself into thinking that blank was meant to suggest I was referring to you. Anybody who knows anything that's going on in this City can read between the lines on that one, and your inability to catch the reference shows how clued in you are to Jersey City politics.

Posted on: 2007/10/10 4:41

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Perhaps at some point you will know enough about me to realize that i have more hopes to see the city hall torn down and started over from scratch than desire to hold office there. I am disgusted by both parties but since i unfortunately have to tolerate the stench of our filthy local pols at closest proximity i start at home. Name a pol and i am ambivalent to negative. nothing was misrepresented in my posts or on the site that put up the vid. for some reason you just dont like things that seem like they may be spun to hurt the current mayor. i dont care who it damages as long as the party is guilty. i had my blind loyalty glands removed.
Quote:

SefZi wrote:
"I didn't read Healy nor local pols into this ancient history event. Though I would question the current conflict-of-interest in having the City police chief's wife running the off-duty JCPD assignments."

Neither did I, but it's clear that some would like to read them into this event. And I completely agree with you regarding the police chief's wife and her running the off-duty JCPD business! If only there was a video of her in action, the Woodwards and Bernstein's would actually give a damn about real problems taking place now!

Posted on: 2007/10/10 4:33

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Icantdrive55, scroll up to post #65 and see who brings Healy into the discussion. I was merely responding to that poster.

I am fortunate to have lived in this city for a long time without having a bad run-in with the JCPD. I know it happens, and I don't in any way think misconduct should be minimized in any context. I do think it should be spoken about honestly.

Still doesn't make it right to characterize all of this City's police force as "the proud drunk-driving-baby-killing JCPD". That's a reprehensible thing to do, particularly if your gripe is about cops lacking "people skills".

Posted on: 2007/10/10 4:31

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/6/9 15:32
Group:
Registered Users
why are you trying to politicize this sefZi? it's not about Healy vs. whoever, it's about the fact that there are some seriously #OOPS#ed up jerk cops in the JCPD.

two in particular i can think of are officers tedesco and connorton (sp?). they are complete assholes. tedesco is just a stupid shithead, and connorton... well, you hear him speak and you realize why the guy became a cop. he thinks people won't make fun of his sylvester the cat impression (to his face at least) if he's wearing the proud drunk-driving-baby-killing blue of the JCPD. both of these tools get off on being shitheads to citizens, and they lack basic skills in dealing with people. this is a problem, and it's not all about healy. it's about the police. many of them seem like they're not even aware of the laws they are supposed to uphold.

Posted on: 2007/10/10 4:24

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
"I didn't read Healy nor local pols into this ancient history event. Though I would question the current conflict-of-interest in having the City police chief's wife running the off-duty JCPD assignments."

Neither did I, but it's clear that some would like to read them into this event. And I completely agree with you regarding the police chief's wife and her running the off-duty JCPD business! If only there was a video of her in action, the Woodwards and Bernstein's would actually give a damn about real problems taking place now!

Posted on: 2007/10/10 4:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/28 15:23
Group:
Banned
Quote:

SefZi wrote:

And let's connect the dots... PR that's bad for Healy would be good for __________. You get three guesses.

Most ppl with their own agendas spend their time questioning other peoples motives. Fuggin agenda police.

I didn't read Healy nor local pols into this ancient history event. Though I would question the current conflict-of-interest in having the City police chief's wife running the off-duty JCPD assignments.

Posted on: 2007/10/10 4:04

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Hahaha dreadstar. You're a riot. I'm against misrepresentations of fact, therefore i must be pro-cops-drinking-in-uniform. Riiiiight.

As G_Elkind so rationally stated it, if you had been honest about your connection to the "news" website and the date of the video when you posted it, then I think your having done so might have inspired a rational discourse on the subject. Instead, you took the low road. And you insist on being sanctimonious about it. Shame on you.

And let's connect the dots... PR that's bad for Healy would be good for __________. You get three guesses.

Posted on: 2007/10/10 3:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Hey dreadstar, don't assume what is said by some, as a representation for all.

This is clearly a political bomb for the pro-Healy group on JClist and as commander-in-chief of this city, Healy is ultimately responsible for any fccuk-ups or lack of action with our cops.

I'd post the video on all JC / NJ forums you can find now and during election time.

For the record, I'm pro-nobody.

Posted on: 2007/10/10 2:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

s6kMedia wrote:

BTW - I though that's what these types of lists were for; someone posts something and others provide relevant information. We aren't interested in the opinions of those who say "this is old news." We are only interested in people who provide facts; what were their names?...how long were they on the force?...why don't more long-term JC residents know about this?...ect.

That was your first mistake.

You can't possibly expect to post something so incindiary and not get an equal reaction.

Welcome to JC List.

Posted on: 2007/10/10 2:03

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
you talk and talk yet nothing contradicts the fact of the video. in fact each of your posts helps keep the issue alive anyway so pls keep it coming. Feel free to keep your current choice of eyes wide shut as you seem very comfortable on your butt holding down the status quo. Even r_pinkowitz acknowledges that this almost certainly real cops drinking in uniform while armed. given the complete lack of awareness of the specific media coverage by anyone else. along with others who directly contradict her statements and had not seen or heard of this in the popular press in JC or NJ it did not get the attention it deserved. i just cant figure were you stand.. Are you in favor of police drinking on in uniform? Do you think the video was fabricated?Or is your issue that it happened more than 48hrs ago and people must not be concerned with issues which may be over a year old? Or are so in love with government that to see or hear about missteps offends your senses?

Abu graib is a great example of exactly why things like this video are important and how single individuals making the choice to let others know about wrongs can change the world.

You seem like you would have been a great citizen in a totalitarian state. you are happy being blind.
Quote:

SefZi wrote:
(Oh no, dreadstar, the thread was moving closer and closer to the bottom of the page! Better reply again, even though you were the last one to post!)

And you and your partner are accusing others of being the "angry" ones? Ha ha.

A little humility goes a long way, little man. Comparing yourselves to taking down Capone and exposing Abu Graib is pretty hilarious!

Posted on: 2007/10/9 22:33

Re: Registered Lobbyist?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/7 12:08
Group:
Registered Users
Since you've gone to our site and pulled one program from literally 34 programs, I felt the need to address this. You could have just as easily pulled a quote from Veterans For Peace or Vicky Virgin or Sexual Harassment Intervention Team or Good Hair Gone Bad or any number of myriad of things that we do FOR FREE at our own costs.

We ask that anyone who believes that we are trying to drum up $'s, go to our site and try to find where the quote was pulled from. Nowhere on our homepage are we asking for dollars...because we have well-paying careers! The site is a labor of love that has thousands of documents and links to verifiable information sources.

Nowhere in our posts was it implied or stated that we were trying to drum up money or clients. Clients come to us because of the other work that we do. If you REALLY looked at our site you would realize that only a certain type of politician would want to be associated with us...and it is obvious that we aren't political kiss-asses to demo-republi-crats. They've both worked against what we've stand for and work towards.

As for this being some kind of "political hatchet job," who exactly would we be working for and what hatchet? I'm sure if this were brought out into the light of day one would find both dems and reps involved.

A good political strategist working for a campaign would have avoided such a topic that would probably negatively effect your clients party...unless you already knew who was involved. Since everything posed in the video came in the form of a question, you could hardly attach us to either party or a candidate. Nice try...but "swiftboating" us won't stop the truth from getting out.

I will end my communication with this...Anyone who has a problem with the unvarnished truth has an agenda that is against the notion and spirit of living in a "democratic society." Never in our post do we slander anyone, present false information or try to get you to believe our thoughts.

Never stop asking questions...
Good Night and Good Luck

Posted on: 2007/10/9 22:27

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
(Oh no, dreadstar, the thread was moving closer and closer to the bottom of the page! Better reply again, even though you were the last one to post!)

And you and your partner are accusing others of being the "angry" ones? Ha ha.

A little humility goes a long way, little man. Comparing yourselves to taking down Capone and exposing Abu Graib is pretty hilarious!

Good luck with your "news" website (as well as with your web-based media company http://bt-medialabs.com/page.cfm?id=64580177). Next time I need something misrepresented and taken out of context, I'll be sure to call bt-medialabs to do the job!

Posted on: 2007/10/9 22:11

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

You say that you were on the receiving end of a bogus stop, what was the outcome? If you didn't back down and it went as far as federal court since you say it was a bogus stop, and that would be violation your civil rights under the US constitution you would know that all formal charges and determinations become part of their permanent record.

Look, I saw your blog and know what you do and yes, when there is injustice people need to expose it. But, this issue is old news. What more do you want, they went before the state merit board, charges were filed, they didn't contest it and they each received different punishments as I stated in a prior post.
Anyone who has been on the receiving end of some sort of police misconduct deals with it in different ways. I for one have learned that the good out way the bad and good cops hate bad cops. If fighting police brutality/ misconduct is your cause, more power to you, IMO, and this is coming from someone who can say: been there done it.... this is just not one of them.

First this happened during winter in NY. I was driving on Canal St when I passed a police van on my driver side. The officers pulled me over and when Officer Sofachik came up he looked shocked and said "Were you wearing that seat belt before?" to which i replied yes (the belt had been partially hidden beneath my northface jacket). The officer gave no other reason for stopping me. He returned to his vehicle and returned with another officer who had been driving and evidently had more seniority. This officer stated that he saw me without a seatbelt even though he had been and would have been seated on the far sdie of the vehicle form me precluding any chance of seeing me on the right side of the van. At the point they made a mistake i would have been fine if they acknowledged that and let me go. But instead they wanted to cover their *ss and or fill their quota.

Before even going to court, i filed a complaint with the Civilian review board. the report was followed up by a Detective. That immediately set off alarms. Why are the Civilian Review Board complaints investigated by the police. I never heard back from them again. Even though the detective fed me a line of platitudes about how egregious the situation was and how the judge should have no problem seeing the situation.

I went to court and even took time to order procedural books through lexis. The judge in the case sided with the officers. Between losing one day of work and the expense of the books. I am not independently wealthy and cant afford to engage a lawyer over an $80 ticket.. much as i would have liked to. i am sure there are others out there who can attest to the same decision process. it seemed more practical to simply write the story up with the officers' names. Although the dollar amount is small i feel the malfeasance is great.

The entire situation and others that occurred to myself or acquaintances have illustrated for me that trying to "play buy the rules" just tends to get you in a bureaucratic morass meant to waste your time while those with real power do what they will.

NJ is one of the states in the union where we have no excuse for that. just about every city has referendum rules that effectively give citizens the right to create ballot initiatives. to me it is this path combined with hyper vigilance over those we trust with the destiny of our city. i am tired of being in a situation of having to beg for crumbs from the table. To me, our elections dont do enough: they just select who will be the next round of people to get the bribes.

I do want to shake the hornets nest because if people are outraged enough perhaps they will get off their fat asses.

As for there being more recent issues, perhaps but we don't have the google video, audio or other proof of that stuff now. Besides capone was taken down for tax evasion not murder and likewise it is often the Achilles heel that takes down the beast not the decapitating strike.

Posted on: 2007/10/9 21:41

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017