Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
156 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 156

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Grand opening for The New Moon Saloon in Jersey City is today, tomorrow and Sunday??? Where???

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/3/6 23:32
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks! I guess I'll give it a shot next time I don't feel like going far.

Posted on: 2009/3/3 5:10

Re: Grand opening for The New Moon Saloon in Jersey City is today, tomorrow and Sunday??? Where???
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
suzanne i went back again about 2 months ago.. friday night, around 1030ish. i had just stopped by for a quick beer with my friend (both 23 - we were on our way to the city but we needed a few drinks first).

the place was again not too full, and again a mixed crowd. mostly guys in their 40s from what i could tell. average prices for beer, but not too many young people that i could see. however, the bartender was nice, and there were no dirty looks given or trouble started by any of the clientele. i think i might try it again on a proper night and time (after 11pm on a weekend night). the place has potential since it's clean, but most importantly ever so close to home

Posted on: 2009/3/3 1:41

The New Moon Saloon in the Heights

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/3/6 23:32
Group:
Registered Users
I live a block away from this place and I have yet to go in there. Whenever I go out it's usually in NY, and I'm looking for a decent place within walking distance.

What's the crowd like? What's it like inside? Would 2 girls in their early 20s feel comfortable there?

Thanks!

Posted on: 2009/3/3 0:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/19 14:35
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
Congrats, Heights residents. Now if only we could get some similar action going in Lincoln Park. If I want to go out, I have to get on the train and go downtown.

Posted on: 2008/11/13 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

regulator wrote:
saw them re-brand this place over the past few months (iirc, it used to be a dive place). i saw they had daily specials, including 'college night' on thursdays. i figured it'd be a pretty good hangout, so i decided to stop by on a friday night a couple of months ago. went around 11, place was pretty empty. a couple of people inside, aged anywhere from 22 to 50. pretty random bunch, and not much of a scene. the bar itself was nice though, and pretty big. i ordered a beer ($3 coors bottle i think), and left. i think they have a DJ on saturdays so i'd try it at least once more before i write it off. the best part about this bar is that it's 1.5 blocks from my house

Go back it's been pretty packed for the football season, the food is good too. A good J.C. Heights bar atmosphere.

Posted on: 2008/11/13 15:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
saw them re-brand this place over the past few months (iirc, it used to be a dive place). i saw they had daily specials, including 'college night' on thursdays. i figured it'd be a pretty good hangout, so i decided to stop by on a friday night a couple of months ago. went around 11, place was pretty empty. a couple of people inside, aged anywhere from 22 to 50. pretty random bunch, and not much of a scene. the bar itself was nice though, and pretty big. i ordered a beer ($3 coors bottle i think), and left. i think they have a DJ on saturdays so i'd try it at least once more before i write it off. the best part about this bar is that it's 1.5 blocks from my house

Posted on: 2008/11/13 13:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/24 21:03
Group:
Registered Users
Another step in the right direction - a brand new pizzeria, now a new bar - awesome. Now we need a cafe... a REAL cafe - clean, GOOD coffee, english spoken fluently - nice enough to sit in a sip on a cup of espresso - oh yeah, NOT Starbucks, but right now I would take one just to build neighborhood improvement momentum.

Has anyone been to New Moon yet?
What beers do they have on tap?
How is the atmosphere?
What is the clientele like?

Please let me know I need a hang out in my new hometown.

Posted on: 2007/10/23 1:33

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/27 21:06
From JC Heights
Group:
Registered Users
If it's the place I'm thinking of, it's on Manhattan Ave in the Heights. I think it's on the corner by Liberty Ave.

Posted on: 2007/9/28 22:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/15 3:01
From Maplewood
Group:
Registered Users
Twins?

Posted on: 2007/9/28 19:38

Grand opening for The New Moon Saloon in Jersey City is today, tomorrow and Sunday??? Where???
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Not sure about where this is but it was in the sports section of the New York Daily News today -- anyone ever hear anything about this place?

Moon Over JC: Grand opening for The New Moon Saloon in Jersey City is today, tomorrow and Sunday.

Party with owner Frank Gulace, bartender Matt Gulace, Chris Gulace's band "Counterpoint," plus bartenders Denise Devane, Lenny Urbanski, twins Josephine and Adelina and Jimmy (First of the day) Bianco. Shipwreck Sharples will meet and greet all at the door.

Posted on: 2007/9/28 19:36

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017