Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
168 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 168

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 'Get the (expletive) out' -- Ice-T tells it like he sees it last night in Jersey City.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Slacky wrote:
Also Federer and Williams will cost you 50,000 plus.

It was just an example of alternatives - there must be BETTER role-models out there that young adults aspire to and are cheaper to attract.

Posted on: 2007/9/16 1:37
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: 'Get the (expletive) out' -- Ice-T tells it like he sees it last night in Jersey City.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/2 6:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:
..if I was a white woman of any age I think my fate would have been the same as the kittens.

Oh my god, the coloreds are after our women!

Also Federer and Williams will cost you 50,000 plus.

http://athletes-celebrities.tseworld. ... ennis/serena-williams.php

Posted on: 2007/9/15 23:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/18 15:05
From John Wilkes Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TaZMaNiO wrote:
There is no such thing as "feral" cats in the city, just those that are abandoned to fend for themselves and are so scared they can NEVER trust people (not that I blame them).

99% of "domesticated" cats have long ago left their place in the wild, but of course even a human can live like a wild animal if it has no choice, training or facilities.

Then again I saw those types of humans last night, which is the point of my post.

I realize this will most likely go over-the-head of most people, but hey one can always hope.

FWIW, I have captured "feral" cats, cleaned them up, trained them and adopted them out without a hitch.

Only VERY occassionally will I come across a cat too damaged to help...BTW, we're talking about KITTENS here.

Then again, looking at the way people treat each other in general, I guess I should be happy these animals haven't been sold for sport...

I'm not knocking you, I like cats, I have 2 myself, I just don't see what it has to do with Ice T.

Posted on: 2007/9/15 19:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/10 16:39
From Donny City
Group:
Registered Users
There is no such thing as "feral" cats in the city, just those that are abandoned to fend for themselves and are so scared they can NEVER trust people (not that I blame them).

99% of "domesticated" cats have long ago left their place in the wild, but of course even a human can live like a wild animal if it has no choice, training or facilities.

Then again I saw those types of humans last night, which is the point of my post.

I realize this will most likely go over-the-head of most people, but hey one can always hope.

FWIW, I have captured "feral" cats, cleaned them up, trained them and adopted them out without a hitch.

Only VERY occassionally will I come across a cat too damaged to help...BTW, we're talking about KITTENS here.

Then again, looking at the way people treat each other in general, I guess I should be happy these animals haven't been sold for sport...

Quote:
Capitalism isn't an economic system, it's a religion for a$$holes.

Posted on: 2007/9/15 19:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From John Wilkes Park
Group:
Registered Users
How do you know these are not feral cats? There seems to be hundreds of them in JC, even more so on the Westside where I am. It's a shame but we are talking about urban dwelling wild animals here not Timmy the Tabby.

Also, it's pretty weird connection to make between Ice T and cat abuse, unless of course that song was actually called "Cat Killer".

Posted on: 2007/9/15 19:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/10 16:39
From Donny City
Group:
Registered Users
I was trying to help a kitten last night over next to the "Tunnel Diner", that some how got one of his front arms broken (no surprise given the environs).

He's part of a litter of kittens about 6 months old and very shell-shocked living in a neighborhood that I can only describe as a cross between Harlem, Tijuana and Beirut.

Seems to be about 10-15 abandoned cats in that area, probably abandoned by wonderful "people" that dwell there...most of them appear to have been domesticated at one time.

Anyways, Ice-T's culture was in full effect there, boyz in da hood milling about drinkin' & druggin' with their Hoes and double parking all over the place with gangsta rap blaring.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for the kittens that were being chased by the rapper wannabes, which on several occasions looked at me in the same manner.

I guess it's a very good thing I'm 6'4", 270 lbs. and spent most of my adult life bodybuilding, if I was a white woman of any age I think my fate would have been the same as the kittens.

P.S. Since I moved to the NYC area 11 years ago I have rescued and adopted out 28 cats. I'm an independent rescuer that is loosely affiliated with a couple of groups.

That so many animals are left in urban nightmares by the locals, ignored at best and often tortured, says volumes about the NYC area.

What a hellhole...

Posted on: 2007/9/15 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RABBITRABBIT wrote:
and the one's who aren't planning out their lives are falling into owning huge businesses like Google and Monestary

The mere fact that these guys are at college would suggest they have a plan for their lives - and pointing in the right direction.

I wonder what MLK would think with Ice-T's language and motivational style of speaking? I bet MLK would laugh at his name first.

I would have liked to see them invest their money in someone like Federer (tennis) to come out and do a speech or even the William's sisters

Posted on: 2007/9/15 17:46
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:
I pretty much agree with this, however I would like to point out that Ice T and Public Enemy's debut albums both came out in 1987.

I thought it was widely held that Ice T's Killers single from 84 was considered the first political rap record. Personally I wouldn't even say that the first PE album was overtly political (or even good), the second though, that blows away anything either they or Ice T ever did or will do.

Posted on: 2007/9/15 17:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
a couple of years ago, my college decided to bring colin quinn over for a comedy night. im pretty sure he cost around 15k for the hour long performance; he showed up trashed and was incoherent and not really that funny. i'd take ice-t for the same price any day.

Posted on: 2007/9/15 16:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/10 15:54
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Summing up Ice-T

Cursing and using vulgar language is common, should be encouraged and there is nothing wrong with it. If you have a problem with the use of such language then its your problem, but using the lords name in vain or a negative connotation is wrong.

He is perplexed to understand why the cops hate him after releasing his song ?Cop Killer? that he believes had no reference to go out and kill ?honest? cops ? I was wondering do ?honest? cops wear a different uniform in L.A?

And my favorite line for the youth of today is ?Don?t plan out your life?.

WHAT A COMPLETE IDIOT and a waste of $15,000. I look forward to reading the newspapers in years to come when Ice-T's kids end up in prison with his philosophy.

Finally, who was the FFCCUUKK - WIT that deemed him a role-model to speak to impressionable children / young adults?

i don't know if college students are impressionable children / young adults.

they are smarter than you or i were at that age. and the one's who aren't planning out their lives are falling into owning huge businesses like Google and Monestary

Posted on: 2007/9/15 16:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/18 11:36
Group:
Registered Users
i love that he lives in north bergen. maybe i'll run into coco at leo's bakery one of these days.

Posted on: 2007/9/15 16:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From John Wilkes Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Slacky wrote:
I think he's an articulate and intelligent man. Anyone who remembers seeing the anti-censorship tag team of him and Jello Biafra destroying Tipper Gore on Oprah can attest to this.
Along with KRS One he was instrumental in developing rap as a political medium in the 80's, a lyrical successor to the Last Poets and Gil Scott Heron who paved the way for Public Enemy.
While I do think 15,000 is excessive, as a combination of rap artist, tv and film star and as someone with a message for today's youth with enough cred to actually get them to turn off the playstation and go see him talk, then I think its money better spent than ten speakers at 1,500 a piece with nothing to say and nobody there to hear it even if they did.

I pretty much agree with this, however I would like to point out that Ice T and Public Enemy's debut albums both came out in 1987. They developed at the same time on different coasts.

15,000 seems like a lot of money though, especially for a guy who obviously doesn't need it. He should have done it for free. In saying that, kids are more likely to have listened to him than say... some corporate CEO that has nothing in common with them.

Posted on: 2007/9/15 15:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I think he's an articulate and intelligent man. Anyone who remembers seeing the anti-censorship tag team of him and Jello Biafra destroying Tipper Gore on Oprah can attest to this.
Along with KRS One he was instrumental in developing rap as a political medium in the 80's, a lyrical successor to the Last Poets and Gil Scott Heron who paved the way for Public Enemy.
While I do think 15,000 is excessive, as a combination of rap artist, tv and film star and as someone with a message for today's youth with enough cred to actually get them to turn off the playstation and go see him talk, then I think its money better spent than ten speakers at 1,500 a piece with nothing to say and nobody there to hear it even if they did.

Posted on: 2007/9/15 15:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/18 11:36
Group:
Registered Users
ice t rules. i saw him do a similar talk at ESU a few years. had i know about this one i totally would have gone.

Posted on: 2007/9/15 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Summing up Ice-T

Cursing and using vulgar language is common, should be encouraged and there is nothing wrong with it. If you have a problem with the use of such language then its your problem, but using the lords name in vain or a negative connotation is wrong.

He is perplexed to understand why the cops hate him after releasing his song ?Cop Killer? that he believes had no reference to go out and kill ?honest? cops ? I was wondering do ?honest? cops wear a different uniform in L.A?

And my favorite line for the youth of today is ?Don?t plan out your life?.

WHAT A COMPLETE IDIOT and a waste of $15,000. I look forward to reading the newspapers in years to come when Ice-T's kids end up in prison with his philosophy.

Finally, who was the FFCCUUKK - WIT that deemed him a role-model to speak to impressionable children / young adults?

Posted on: 2007/9/15 14:33

'Get the (expletive) out' -- Ice-T tells it like he sees it last night in Jersey City.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Ice-T: 'Get the (expletive) out'

by The Jersey Journal
Friday September 14, 2007, 10:28 AM

Dylan Wilson/The Jersey Journal

Ice-T tells it like he sees it last night in Jersey City.
Give him points for honesty ...

Starting off by telling a standing-room-only crowd at Hudson County Community College last night that if they can't take profanities, they should "get the (expletive) out,'' Ice-T talked in super-colorful terms about issues as diverse as war and gang life and how he mistakenly became police enemy No. 1 when he released a song called "Cop Killer'' that he says folks just misunderstood.

Find out more in Arts Editor Jeff Theodore's report, in today's Jersey Journal.

-----------------

UNCENSORED
Ice-T tells of youth, career, and living in N. Bergen

Friday, September 14, 2007
By JEFF THEODORE
JOURNAL ARTS EDITOR

The "I" in Ice T could very well stand for irreverent.

The noted rapper and star of "Law and Order: SVU" made no apologies last night for using a colorful brand of language in a free-wheeling hourlong lecture at Hudson County Community College.

Ice-T was the first speaker in HCCC's "Welcome Week" lecture series.

"If profanity bothers you, then you need to get the (expletive) out right now," he said at the start of his message. "I use every word in the English language.

"It's blasphemous to me that moms are telling their kids that profanity is wrong. Only word I don't use is 'goddamn' because God is in that. If any church people in here have any problems with that, speak now."

Nobody said a mumbling word.

"That's what I thought," said Ice-T, who has also appeared in seven movies.

The 49-year-old entertainer was born Tracy Morrow in Newark and was raised in Summit before moving to Los Angeles to live with an aunt after both his parents passed away. He and his wife Nicole Austin - a former swimsuit model better known as Coco - now live with their children in North Bergen.

"I love living in North Bergen because it's way cheaper than New York," he said. "And now, I have a great view of New York."

Known as one of the creators of gansta rap, Ice-T told the standing-room-only audience, mostly students, that they are in the dangerous portion of their lives.

"You're in the 18 to 25 spring break portion of your life when you're basically trying to kill yourself," he said. "You'll spend the rest of your life trying to clean things up."

During his address, Ice-T also spoke out on issues ranging from war and gang life to how he came to be known as police enemy No. 1 after releasing his controversial rap record "Cop Killer."

"That was a protest record some people took bad," he said. "I put it out because in Los Angeles cops were grabbing us and putting a foot in our ass. I was fed up with police, but it wasn't about going out there and killing honest cops doing their jobs."

His reaction when he heard that President George H. Bush was calling him out about the record on television was, "Oh (expletive)! I must have said that like 100 times. Next thing you know I had an ice cream truck in front of my house in the dead of winter."

Ice-T was living in Los Angeles when "Law and Order" creator Dick Wolf sought him out to play on the show.

"They asked me to do four shows and at first I was like 'no thanks' because I didn't want to move to New York," he says. "Now, nine years later, I'm still on the show.

"The moral of the story for you is not to be afraid to try things. Don't try to plan out your life. You never know what's coming."

The community college paid Ice-T about $15,000 from the school's student activities fund for his speech.

Posted on: 2007/9/15 14:09

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017