Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 2nd Street Construction-Infront of Mandalay Apartments
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
There was a news article where one of the developers was quoted as saying "retail will always be a part of metroplaza" but I get the feeling the strip malls, big box store (Bed bath and beyond) are not part of the master plan, but instead the retail would be in the base of the complex's buildings

Posted on: 2007/8/30 16:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/20 16:18
Group:
Registered Users
aaah right-- Hudson Square-- I remember-- keeping ShopRite, right? :)

thanks for the linkage Ian.. agreed, that firm isn't everyone's taste but they will be somewhat iconic and at least NOT like everything else out there.

Posted on: 2007/8/30 16:14

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/6 21:25
Group:
Registered Users
HOLY COW!! SO MUCH construction planned in the coming years! It's impressive but at the same time a little unnerving. What kind of occupancy rates can they expect? Does anyone know what Shore Club's occupancy rate is right now?

Posted on: 2007/8/30 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

matchjames wrote:

I knew if anyone knew, it was Ian. Thank you sir... HOWEVER, I want to say that ELLIPSE is planned for this waterfront, and from what I remember it's not rental and is infact FAR from uninspired.. It's designed by Architectonica in Miami ... completely oval, should be quite dramatic. They also are doing whatever they're calling what's being built on Pep Boys eventually AND they did that multi-colored "thing" outside the Port Authority.

Yes, the Ellipse might end up being an icon for Newport. But at the end of the day, you're still living in Newport.

[ See link
http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/att ... hmentid=2301&d=1157026862 ]

Architectonica is also doing the Metropolitan, which is the proposal for the pep boys site, which for now, is still Pep Boys. Actually all of Metro Plaza is to be redeveloped as a total of 8 towers, called Hudson Square.

They have a number of buildings and design on their site including the Metropolitan and the Ellipse. They aren't really my favorites: http://www.arquitectonica.com/

Posted on: 2007/8/30 13:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

However, as to the Hudson Exchange being "the last waterfront tower," its not exactly inaccurate since the only remaining waterfront property is Newport owned, which means its almost certainly going to be rental along the water and the buildings will likely be uninspired boxes.

I knew if anyone knew, it was Ian. Thank you sir... HOWEVER, I want to say that ELLIPSE is planned for this waterfront, and from what I remember it's not rental and is infact FAR from uninspired.. It's designed by Architectonica in Miami ... completely oval, should be quite dramatic. They also are doing whatever they're calling what's being built on Pep Boys eventually AND they did that multi-colored "thing" outside the Port Authority.

Posted on: 2007/8/30 13:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
This is the link to the Newport Masterplan:

http://www.newportnj.com/pdf/3d_newport.jpg

There are a number of buildings planned for the north side of Newport. In addition, there is talk of NJTransit selling the air rights of the rail yard to private developers for high rise development on the Hoboken side of the yards. Long term this will probably mean a single contiguous city from the tip of Jersey City north through Hoboken.

However, as to the Hudson Exchange being "the last waterfront tower," its not exactly inaccurate since the only remaining waterfront property is Newport owned, which means its almost certainly going to be rental along the water and the buildings will likely be uninspired boxes.

There is one other possibility for residential waterfront property which is the site of the planned Harborside 8 and 9, also on Second Street. There were rumors last year that the lots would be sold to a residential developer rather than be built out as offices as originally planned. One of these lots would not be waterfront as Harborside 10 is on the water, but the other lot would essentially be on the water between HS10 and HS1,2,3. However, now that I've said that, the tightening of the office market in Jersey City corresponding along with the credit crunch many home buyers are facing today probably means its more likely HS 8 and 9 will remain office towers as planned.

Posted on: 2007/8/30 13:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There is a lot more planned between Shore Club and Hoboken. A LOT. There's a Newport masterplan out there somewhere... Ellipse on it's own pier, more of "Shore Club", low rise retail, some park space, and I'm sure something closer to the tracks on the 'cement company" land.

Posted on: 2007/8/30 13:07

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/6 21:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NNJR wrote:
[quote]Not true, there is still plenty of water front space north of Newport between Hoboken.

I doubt there is any other building scheduled to come up on the waterfront north of Newport after Aqua. There is one more building planned there which will sit directly in front of Shore Club 2 entrance (not exactly on the waterfront). After that's done, a walkway is due to be built by the water between Newport (from Aqua) to the Hoboken PATH terminal.

Posted on: 2007/8/30 12:45

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/15 12:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lipzilla wrote:
It's called Hudson Exchange by the Fisher Group. They built Liberty Terrace. It is supposed to be one of the best bldgs for views. It will be condo. Probably around 800 per sq foot. It will be pricey but it is the last waterfront bldg in JC.

This is not the last waterfront building in JC. There is more buildable land/piers north of Newport. Lipzilla not sure if you have inside scoop but I thought the condo/rental determination had not been made yet.

Posted on: 2007/8/30 12:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
It will be pricey but it is the last waterfront bldg in JC.

Not true, there is still plenty of water front space north of Newport between Hoboken.

There is still A LONG ways to go before there is no room for unobstructive views of Manhattan.

Posted on: 2007/8/30 12:19

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/14 5:24
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you very much! This helps a lot.

Posted on: 2007/8/30 4:04

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 18:23
Group:
Registered Users
It's called Hudson Exchange by the Fisher Group. They built Liberty Terrace. It is supposed to be one of the best bldgs for views. It will be condo. Probably around 800 per sq foot. It will be pricey but it is the last waterfront bldg in JC.

Posted on: 2007/8/30 3:52

2nd Street Construction-Infront of Mandalay Apartments

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/14 5:24
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know anything about what's going to be built right infront of the Mandalay? I saw today that work started, but can't find any info?

Posted on: 2007/8/30 2:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017