Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parking enforcement officer made up at least 100 tickets to cover for not working during his shift.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 0:44
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I got a notice about a ticket 6-7 months ago that I never actually saw. It was for not having a resident parking permit when I have one on my car. I called the courts and the person who anwers the phone tells me she is tired of getting phone calls from people getting tickets for permits when they have them. She tells me to call the parking authority.

I had to take a morning off from work and go down to the parking authority to take care of it.

Could have been the same guy. I got the ticket on 6th street.

Posted on: 2007/8/21 16:13

Re: Parking enforcement officer made up at least 100 tickets to cover for not working during his shi

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/10 14:28
Group:
Registered Users
That's very nice for you.

I got these tickets some months back, and the experience I described of calling without anyone answering occurred back then. I wasn't lying about calling and not being able to get through. I'm just saying that it's not necessarily a simple thing to get someone from a parking authority on the telephone in JC.

And regardless, my point is that when you find out you've received a ticket for mysteriously parking in a prohibited area 4 - 6 weeks after the described incident, it's practically impossible to determine whether or not that is true, which is why it's disconcerting to find out that the parking authority employees do actually give out tickets for violations that never occurred.

Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Quote:

ilovefood wrote:
Oh! Also, please don't tell me it's as easy as "calling the JCPA." I've called over and over and over for weeks at a time. Usually the phone just rings and rings, and if it doesn't ring, I get a busy signal for hours. I've actually spoken with a live person there probably 5% of the times that I've called. Maybe less.

Oh! Also, it was easy. I just dialed the number I gave you, hit the desired extention and a live person picked up.

Posted on: 2007/8/21 16:11

Re: Parking enforcement officer made up at least 100 tickets to cover for not working during his shi
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ilovefood wrote:
Oh! Also, please don't tell me it's as easy as "calling the JCPA." I've called over and over and over for weeks at a time. Usually the phone just rings and rings, and if it doesn't ring, I get a busy signal for hours. I've actually spoken with a live person there probably 5% of the times that I've called. Maybe less.

Oh! Also, it was easy. I just dialed the number I gave you, hit the desired extention and a live person picked up.

Posted on: 2007/8/21 16:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2007/8/21 15:38

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Right, I know that I can see all the details of my alleged offense, but my problem is that when I get a notice about not having paid a ticket from more than a month ago, It doesn't matter if it says that I parked in a prohibited area on the corner of Monmouth and 4th st. on May 30. I can't remember back to where exactly I parked on some random day. If i were to get a paper ticket on my windshield saying that I was parked illegally when I was not, I would take a photo with a date and timestamp and fight the ticket.

The only way I can even to think preventing this is by starting a log that notes where I park every single day and taking a photo, bc you're really at their mercy when they issue a ticket and you don't find out about it til much later.

Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Quote:

ilovefood wrote:
This makes me so angry. I've gotten 3 tickets for which I never saw the actual ticket, I just started getting late notices in the mail. How can you contest a parking ticket from some random day more than one month earlier? I have no clue where my car was parked on May 30. Now it turns out that it's possible I might not have even been parked illegally at all ...

If you look at the notice, there is a website link. Type in the exact information that is on the notice, you will see all the information regarding the date, location and reason for ticket. You can alson call the JCPA @ 201-653-6969 and if they issued the ticket, they can also give you exact information.

Posted on: 2007/8/21 15:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/3 12:11
Group:
Registered Users
The City should instruct the Parking Authority to refund and not proceed with any tickets issued by this person - it would be the only fair and ethical thing to do!

This would be a good opportunity for Mr Fulop to intervene and make this recommendation - Residents could lobby him into action!

Posted on: 2007/8/21 14:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ilovefood wrote:
This makes me so angry. I've gotten 3 tickets for which I never saw the actual ticket, I just started getting late notices in the mail. How can you contest a parking ticket from some random day more than one month earlier? I have no clue where my car was parked on May 30. Now it turns out that it's possible I might not have even been parked illegally at all ...

If you look at the notice, there is a website link. Type in the exact information that is on the notice, you will see all the information regarding the date, location and reason for ticket. You can alson call the JCPA @ 201-653-6969 and if they issued the ticket, they can also give you exact information.

Posted on: 2007/8/21 13:53

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2007/8/21 13:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
wow, first we hear about this kind of scandal in NYC and now in JC

Posted on: 2007/8/21 13:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
ops believe he made up at least 100 tickets over a one-month period, at least one of which was for a license plate number that actually existed.

Not only do we have crooks, we have really dumb crooks. Did this city worker not think that it would catch up with him?

Posted on: 2007/8/21 12:32

Re: Parking enforcement officer made up at least 100 tickets to cover for not working during his shift.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2007/8/21 11:12
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Parking enforcement officer made up at least 100 tickets to cover for not working during his shift.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
DREAMED UP TICKET HELL

Tuesday, August 21, 2007
By N. CLARK JUDD
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A Jersey City parking enforcement officer was towed out of the agency's headquarters in handcuffs after cops say he wrote at least 100 fake tickets.

Luis Bonilla, 30, of Brunswick Street, was charged Wednesday with second-degree charges of official misconduct, police said.

Cops believe he made up at least 100 tickets over a one-month period, at least one of which was for a license plate number that actually existed. Bonilla, who has been a parking enforcement officer for just under two years, wrote the tickets to cover for not writing real tickets during his shift, police said.

"The allegation is that when he was supposedly writing tickets, he was involved in personal activities," said Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio.

DeFazio said police were watching Bonilla at the times listed on tickets he wrote, and their surveillance suggests that he was doing anything but reading meters. DeFazio declined to go into detail, but did say that his alleged "personal activities" were not criminal.

City spokesman Stan H. Eason said that the two-week investigation began after Parking Authority officials noticed Bonilla was writing a large number of tickets that looked suspicious.

"The peculiarities of the vehicle descriptions were not even matching the license plate numbers, and were not even matching the jurisdictions," Eason said.

Eason later added that Bonilla did appear to write some real tickets as well. He is suspended from the Parking Authority.

If Bonilla did write more fake tickets for real cars, the car owners won't know until they receive a failure to appear notice from court - which won't be sent until more than a month after the fake ticket was issued, Eason said.

A statement from the city said that any such tickets will be administratively reviewed and dismissed.

DeFazio said last week that Bonilla has been released on bail pending a grand jury hearing. An official at Central Judicial Processing said yesterday that Bonilla is set to appear in mid-September.

Posted on: 2007/8/21 7:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017