Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: JC Cop in DWI Accident is also the Mayor's cousin
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Crash probe shuts Skyway lanes for hours

Thursday, February 01, 2007
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A section of the Pulaski Skyway was closed for several hours yesterday as investigators continued their probe into a fatal crash involving an off-duty Jersey City cop who allegedly was drunk.

Police shut down the west-bound lanes near the Broadway on ramp, the site of the fatal accident on the night of Jan. 23, so investigators from the Bergen County Prosecutor's Office's Fatal Accident Investigation Unit could take measurements and photographs of the area, Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Michael D'Andrea said.

Hudson County officials said they called on the Bergen County unit because it has sophisticated accident investigation equipment.

Jersey City Police Officer Kevin Freibott, 39, was three times over the legal blood alcohol limit for drivers, authorities said, when his Jeep Cherokee rammed into the back of a Pontiac Grand Am that had just merged into the right lane after entering the elevated highway from the Broadway ramp - which is a left-lane entrance.

A toddler in the back seat of the Pontiac, Jose Carlo Zelaya, was fatally injured in the crash and died four days later at University Hospital in Newark. Authorities don't believe he was in a car seat.

His mother, 37-year-old Ruth Zelaya, who also was in the back seat, is still in critical condition at the Jersey City Medical Center.

His father, Carlos Zelaya, 35, and his brother-in-law, Raul Posas-Pineda, who was driving, were not seriously injured.

Authorities say Freibott's Jeep, which was traveling as fast as 75 miles per hour, flipped and came to rest on its roof. Freibott crawled out one of its smashed windows; he was treated and released at the Jersey City Medical Center for minor injuries.

He has been suspended without pay and is charged with aggravated manslaughter, assault by auto and driving while intoxicated. He has been released on $350,000 bail, secured by the $550,000 East Keansburg home owned by his father, a 40-year veteran of the Middletown Police Department.

Freibott, a cousin of Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy, was hired in December 2005 despite having a previous DWI, seven car accidents, seven moving violations and three license suspensions. He was a police officer in Middletown from 1996 to 2005 and then received a "lateral transfer" to Jersey City where he worked in the North District as a midnight shift patrolman.

Posted on: 2007/2/1 13:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/1 2:41
Group:
Banned
Only JCList could diverge a thread like this into a commentary on the technical workings of geneology.

I LOVE this place!

Posted on: 2007/2/1 1:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
While I've only seen it reported at "cousin" in headlines, which to me implies first cousin, I don't really see this as a nitpick. If the cop was the son of a first cousin it seems much more likely that Healy would know him than if he were the grandson of a grandparent's sibling (second cousin). I didn't read Healy saying that he didn't know the guy from Adam, which would be the first thing I'd do.

Quote:

NONdowntown wrote:
Nitpick alert:

All this time Freibott has been reported as Healy's "second cousin" when in fact he is actually Healy's first cousin once removed.

The child of my first cousin is my first cousin once removed.

Click to Enlarge:
Resized Image

Posted on: 2007/2/1 1:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/18 15:05
From John Wilkes Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
I don't want to see any Jersey City bars closed -- I just see it as a double standard that the Jersey Journal published that L.I.T.M. was the bar where the couple drank all night before the husband bludgeoned his wife to death. I know there are laws about bars and bartenders over-serving but I can't remember hearing of any ever getting into trouble. It just seems like it should be part of this story -- since the DWI off-duty cop had a blood alcohol level that was over three times the legal limit even though he wasn't tested till several hours after this tragedy.

Quote:

NONdowntown wrote:
If Astor Bar gets shut down because of this, Pete Ilvento's pizza recipe goes with them.

And i will blame you, GP.

Who metioned the Astor bar anyway? I see a lot of cops in the Park Tavern and the JSQ pub as well.........

Posted on: 2007/1/31 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/8 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
Hey, look, I think I just found an officer with the perfect amount of experience to take Feinbott's place:

New Police Chief Arrested on DWI, Promotion Rescinded

Oh, and look, he's available to start immediately!

Posted on: 2007/1/31 20:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
MISDIRECTION PLAY
Crash cop is 1 of 6 'transfers,' not the 15-20 city claims

Wednesday, January 31, 2007
By JARRETT RENSHAW
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Jersey City officials have repeatedly stated that Police Officer Kevin Freibott was hired along with at least a dozen other "lateral transfers" from other police departments, but a review by The Jersey Journal has found that wasn't the case.

City records show that Freibott - who came from the Middletown Police Department - was the only lateral transfer in December 2005, and just the second that year.

In fact, since Jerramiah Healy was elected mayor, there have been only six lateral transfers - a practice which allows officers to switch towns without losing their pension and Civil Service credits.

Even yesterday, after The Jersey Journal raised questions about the validity of the statements, Healy told a pool of reporters in Newark that Freibott was "part of 15-20 lateral transfers" during less than a two-year span.

The misstatements by City Hall officials - intentional or unintentional - muddies the water for critics who are trying to link Freibott's ability to land a transfer into the department, while having with a checkered driving history, with his relationship to Healy. (Freibott's mother is Healy's first cousin.)

Healy said he has seen Freibott about once a year - "at weddings."

"My role in this was simple," the mayor said. "No role."

Healy, along with other city officials, said they came up with the 15-20 number because they were lumping together lateral transfers and "waivers" - another hiring technique in which officers already working for other departments are transferred to Jersey City.

"I think they are very similar," Healy said yesterday. "Until now, I did not know there was a difference between the two and I used them both as the same."

However, while both involve transfers from outside the department, the two techniques are different in a number of key areas - specifically in the fact that priority for waiver hires is determined by Civil Service test scores. Lateral transfers are not; they are at the discretion of city and police officials, and test scores don't have to be taken into account.

Freibott, 39, is charged with aggravated manslaughter, assault by auto and driving while intoxicated. Investigators say Freibott's blood-alcohol level was more than three times the legal limit for driving when his Jeep Cherokee rear-ended a car that had just joined traffic on the Pulaski Skyway after entering from the Broadway ramp the night of Jan. 23.

The accident fatally injured a 2-year-old boy in the other car and left his mother, 37-year old Ruth Zelaya, in critical condition at the Jersey City Medical Center.

A Jersey Journal review of Freibott's driving record shows he was involved in seven different car accidents and committed seven moving violations between 1986 and 2001. The most serious of the offenses was a 1988 drunken driving charge that resulted in a 180-day license suspension.

He also was fired by Middletown in 2001 after investigators determined he was driving his own car and his patrol car with an expired driver's license for about three months.

However, the state's Merit System Board ordered him rehired, and he was in "good standing" with Middletown when he received the lateral transfer to Jersey City in 2005.

Posted on: 2007/1/31 10:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/3 12:11
Group:
Registered Users
I think the FAB guy is leading in the right direction. Policing is very much a ?brotherhood? environment with a culture that promotes positive and negative behavior within their ranks.
What has transpired in recent weeks is a negative aspect, which highlights a culture of drinking that isn?t so uncommon in any police department.
The problem here it appears, is that officers are only getting caught for drink-driving as a result of an accident where third parties are involved other then fellow officers namely the public!
A good percentage of Police are know to socialize with fellow officers after hours, which beckons me to think that on some occasions fellow officers are allowing their own, to get behind the wheel of a car.
It would be interesting to see how many officers a caught for drink-driving during random stops or check points within the City and jurisdiction boundary.
Officers should rally around each other and change this negative aspect of their ?brotherhood?. They should promote and look-out for each other with a positive culture of intervening when they can to prevent these tragic incidents and bad public relation issues.

Like always, my comments are only speculative.

Posted on: 2007/1/30 15:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/8 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
I cannot believe another JC officer has been arrested for DWI.

Don't you think - this week especially, if only for one week - you might say, "Gee, the heat is on around my workplace. Maybe for one week it would be a good idea not to drive drunk and get in an accident?"

I don't know... maybe this is unreasonable... but it's not like I'm suggesting that police officers give up drunk driving forever... maybe just a week or 2 after this infant died - how about that?

Posted on: 2007/1/30 14:56

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/2/22 21:36
From end of erie
Group:
Registered Users
someone actually told me yesterday that he should go free?? I looked at him like, where planet are you from?

Posted on: 2007/1/30 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
His defence will be that he had suffered and the City hasn't helped him with his problems - the focus will be on his loss (several years ago) and the stress of his job.
The toddler that died and the mother still suffering will not be the focus.

There will be some bull shit that makes him a victim also.

These JJ reporters suck big time, when it comes to reporting.

Posted on: 2007/1/30 14:07
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
As Mayor of any City you are the COMMANDER AND CHIEF of that City - you appoint people and make recommendations on what is best for the City.

Healy is clearly no leader and should walk away from the job. He appears to be a puppet for developers and self serving with no idea who to select for key roles within city hall - it seems to be based on self interest needs then community needs. What ever happen to appointing the best person for the job?

All the ongoing crap that happens in Jersey City is a reflection on the people who live here - he was voted in!

What crap will we look forward to next week and next month - it just never ends.

Obviously the culture in the Police needs closer attention. I bet there are 'checks and balances' that are not being followed. Maybe an independant internal affairs department should be set up to look at Police and City Hall employees?

I don't know how many Police officers are at the JCPD, but is would be under 1000 - which should be easy to manage and introduce change to the current crap that officers are getting upto.

Posted on: 2007/1/30 13:54
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Healy: It's not about Jersey City Police Department
Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Mayor Jerramiah Healy spoke to The Jersey Journal for the first time yesterday about last week's wreck on the Pulaski Skyway involving his cousin, Police Officer Kevin Freibott, who was off-duty and allegedly was drunk. Healy had released several previous statements about the accident through a spokeswoman.

Freibott's Jeep Cherokee rear-ended a Pontiac Grand Am, fatally injuring a 2-year-old boy and leaving his mother, 37-year-old Ruth Zelaya, in critical condition at the Jersey City Medical Center.

"The passing of the youngster has just elevated this into a full-scale tragedy," Healy said. "But Officer Freibott has two children, he has a wife, he has a father, he has a mother, and he lost a 3-year-old child several years ago."

Healy also addressed questions about whether Freibott - who had a previous arrest for driving while intoxicated and numerous speeding tickets - got preferential treatment in receiving a lateral transfer from the Middletown Police Department. He had been fired from that department after authorities determined he'd been driving his patrol car for three months with an expired license, but was later ordered rehired by the state Merit System Board. Officials in Middletown said he was "in good standing" when in 2005 he was allowed to transfer to the Jersey City Police Department.

"The fact that someone is a second cousin or a first cousin or a friend of mine does not preclude their appointment to a job in Jersey City," Healy said.

"When we came into office (in 2004), the Police Department was at an all-time low. I think we were down to 781 officers. We needed police officers. As a result, we put a call out to police academies for officers. Officer Freibott was one of them. At the time, he was a police officer in good standing," he said.

"The fact that this tragic accident has occurred really had nothing to do with Friebott being a Jersey City police officer," Healy added. "At the time of the accident, he was not on duty. He was driving his own car. This had nothing to do with Jersey City or the Jersey City Police Department."

EARL MORGAN

======================================================

Another cop hit with DWI
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
By KEN THORBOURNE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Another Jersey City police officer has been caught driving drunk, authorities said yesterday.

Jersey City Police Officer Thomas G. Porter, 47, of Toms River, was arrested Sunday night and charged with driving while intoxicated following a motor vehicle accident in his hometown, police said.

Porter, an 18-year member of the force, was off-duty at the time and no one was injured in the accident, police said.

Porter apparently drove his Ford pickup into the side of another vehicle as he entered the parking lot of Toms River restaurant, police said.

The accident was "minor" and the driver in the second vehicle, a 36-year-old Toms River resident, was not injured; nor were his four passengers, police said.

Police at the scene said Porter's blood alcohol level surpassed the .08 percent legal limit, but did not give the exact level.

Porter is still on the job, pending further review of the incident, police said. The incident comes less than week after Jersey City Police Officer Kevin Freibott plowed into a car on the Pulaski Highway, leaving 2-year-old Jose Carlo Zelaya with injuries that cost him his life.

"This is again an unfortunate incident that is reflective of societal problems we all face," said Police Chief Thomas Comey about the Porter incident. "As an organization we do not accept this type of behavior and will deal with these officers appropriately."

Since Porter didn't injure anyone and hasn't been charged with a first-, second-or third-degree crime, the department doesn't have the legal right to suspend him at this time, city spokesman Stan Eason said.

Posted on: 2007/1/30 13:33

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/3/27 19:47
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
He was just on NBC news, he is free on 350k bail.

No kidding. The point, however, was that he was "MIA" from just after the time of the announcement of the young boy's death (overnight Saturday into Sunday) until Monday morning when he appeared in DeFazio's office to surrender. Reportedly some harassing phone calls to his residence or something put him "on the fly" for that brief interim. I still wish he'd eaten his gun and did us all a favor instead.

Posted on: 2007/1/30 2:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
He was just on NBC news, he is free on 350k bail.

Posted on: 2007/1/29 23:03

Hide User information
Last Login :
From end of erie
Group:
Registered Users
yea, guess they gave em a little time to get the spirits out of his system - talk about looking out for your own. jeezz!

Posted on: 2007/1/29 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
I read that the blood sample was taken two hours after the accident. That means it was even higher during the accident, right? (I don't drink).

Posted on: 2007/1/29 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, the boy died, that is so f$%^ing sad.

Three times the legal limit for DUI, rear ending a car at 70-75 mph, while "home sick"--wow, what a loser.

Posted on: 2007/1/29 18:38
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Hide User information
Last Login :
From end of erie
Group:
Registered Users
oh, here is a better one from the original article - he was "allegedly" drunk. Blowing .3 on the drunk-o-meter is like catatonic and he was driving kids. Then they gave him bail and he disappeared. Com' on!!!

Posted on: 2007/1/29 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Freibott, who has a previous DWI and a long list of moving violations and three license suspensions, transferred to the Jersey City department from the Middletown police department in 2005. He is the son of Mayor Jerramiah Healy's first cousin.

Interesting - Son of 1st cousin, 3 license suspension, previous DWI, long list of moving violations - prior to JCPD move!

Posted on: 2007/1/29 18:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/5 20:49
Group:
Registered Users
From the Jersey Journal Now section:

DWI cop due in court today

The Jersey City police officer accused of drunk driving in a car crash on the Pulaski Skyway last week that left a 2-year-old boy dead and his mother in critical condition will face aggravated manslaughter charges.

Kevin Freibott, who has been suspended from the force without pay, was scheduled to appear this morning in Central Judicial Processing court to face the charges. The toddler died Saturday night, four days after the crash. Ruth Zelaya, who was in the same car, along with her husband and a relative, remains at the Jersey City Medical Center in critical condition.

Freibott and his lawyer arrived shortly before 9 a.m. today at the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office, Prosecutor Edward J. DeFazio said.

His lawyer, John A. Young Jr., said Freibott and his family were staying elsewhere since receiving some disturbing phone calls after the boy died.

"I don't want to classify them as threatening, but unpleasant,'' Young said, adding that the officer does not know who made the calls. "As soon as we learned they were looking for him, we reached out and advised authorities he would surrender. His and his family's thoughts are with the victim's family, the child's family."

Freibott, who has a previous DWI and a long list of moving violations and three license suspensions, transferred to the Jersey City department from the Middletown police department in 2005. He is the son of Mayor Jerramiah Healy's first cousin.

If convicted on the aggravated manslaughter charge, Freibott could face 30 years in prison.

Posted on: 2007/1/29 17:49

Re: JC Cop in DWI Accident is also the Mayor\\\'s cousin
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/19 20:14
Group:
Registered Users
I will check with the author of this video to confirm it was
Healey. I remember specifically the quote in response
to the video, "It looks like we got a problem over there"
came from the lips of healey, not smith, but i will confirm
that, Also please keep in mind, this video didnt go to fox 5
or local press because the author of this video
FEARED FOR THIER LIFE!!!

Posted on: 2007/1/29 5:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

freedom wrote:
NO, Mayor Smith would have done something about this, as
he proved by showing up at 111 1st st at 11;30 at night
in his sweat pants to assist us, and more than once because he CARED. this video was given to Mayor Healey
after he took office, and this was the beginning of the END
of the POWERHOUSE ARTS DISTRICT and HISTORIC
DESIGNATION for this entire district. Because LLoyd Goldman
PAYED THEM ALL!!! Cops , Construction officials , The Mayor
well dont get me started, maby this should go in the
PAY TO PLAY thread cus thats exactly what happened.

YES, I know the Former Mayor L Harvey Smith showed up at 11: 30 because I called him and told him to come. I was called on my cell (at my fathers? b-day party) and when I got there knew I needed some more help. Luckily he was coming home from an event in NYC so he was with his driver/security.

I will not get into who was paid because I and you do not have any proof of that. Lloyd Goldman has millions to spend on lawyers and he's a f-u-c-! That was obvious with the smokestack. IMO I do not believe Mayor Healy took any bribes. You can call me any name you want, for saying that but IMO, as soon as the building was vacated; I knew all hope was lost.

I agree with you that Goldman is and always will be the scum of the earth and I know the current Mayor is far from perfect but in no -way do I feel he was on the take.

I adore Harvey Smith he is and will always be my buddy, but sadly I feel even if Harvey was still Mayor the out come for 111 would have been the same as 110. I agree with you, L. Harvey Smith was truly supportive of the PAD and also Historic Designation.

And if my memory serves me correctly the incident you mentioned ( and without me seeing the tape, I can't say it did or didn't) happened before the first fire, After the fire the building was on fire watch which was done thru JCFD (the police can not do fire watch) JCPD had off duty detail also during that time,

Why don't you just give the tape to Councilman Fulop and have him give it to Internal Affairs. This new chief takes no chit from anyone.

Posted on: 2007/1/29 4:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
NO, Mayor Smith would have done something about this, as
he proved by showing up at 111 1st st at 11;30 at night
in his sweat pants to assist us, and more than once because he CARED. this video was given to Mayor Healey
after he took office, and this was the beginning of the END
of the POWERHOUSE ARTS DISTRICT and HISTORIC
DESIGNATION for this entire district. Because LLoyd Goldman
PAYED THEM ALL!!! Cops , Construction officials , The Mayor
well dont get me started, maby this should go in the
PAY TO PLAY thread cus thats exactly what happened.

Posted on: 2007/1/29 4:23

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/19 16:57
Group:
Registered Users
It was on Ch 7 late news tonight, probably because right now he can't be found....

from nj.com

A 2-year-old boy has died from the injuries suffered last week in a wreck on the Pulaski Skyway, and the off-duty Jersey City cop who was allegedly drunk when he rear-ended the family's car is now sought on charges of aggravated manslaughter, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said tonight.

Jersey City Police Officer Kevin Freibott, who posted 10 percent of $50,000 bail after being initially charged on assault by auto and driving while intoxicated charges, was to be arrested on the new charges earlier tonight, DeFazio said. But Freibott couldn't be found at his Red Bank home earlier today and police are still looking for him, DeFazio said around 6 p.m.

Jose Carlo Zelaya died Saturday night at University Hospital in Newark, four days after the crash on the Pulaski Skyway. His mother, Ruth Zelaya, is still in critical condition at the Jersey City Medical Center.

Posted on: 2007/1/29 4:15

Re: JC Cop in DWI Accident is also the Mayor\'s cousin
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

freedom wrote:
Well I must say as far as I\'m concerned healey does not have a good track record of discipline for cops that drink
ON DUTY!!! let alone off duty. Case in point, for those
of you who remember the lockdown of 111 1st st.
A video tape was made of a group of police officers at
the corner of warren and 1st getting SHIT FACED DRUNK!!!
in broad daylight, with guns and full uniform on. The
video clearly shows the officers passing around a BIG!
bottle of booze as they hang on each other laughing
and havin a good ol time. At one point one officer stumbles
away from the group and takes a piss in the street.
The video ends with the cops setting the empty bottle
down and DRIVING AWAY!! This video was taken directly to Mayor Healey to show that the J.C.P.D. (who were being
paid by LLOYD GOLDMAN) was not helping the situation.
Mayor Healeys respons was \"well, i guess we got a problem
over there\" we could tell by the response the only problem
was the whole thing was on tape. But nothing was done,
the same cops were back at work, business as usual.
lets face it, they all look out for each other in every way,
And even if youre caught, your not, unless someone
presses charges. IF THAT WERE YOU AND I!!???

I recall hearing this but I don't think Healy was the Mayor at that time it was Smith????

Posted on: 2007/1/29 3:21

Re: JC Cop in DWI Accident is also the Mayor\'s cousin
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Well I must say as far as I\'m concerned healey does not have a good track record of discipline for cops that drink
ON DUTY!!! let alone off duty. Case in point, for those
of you who remember the lockdown of 111 1st st.
A video tape was made of a group of police officers at
the corner of warren and 1st getting SHIT FACED DRUNK!!!
in broad daylight, with guns and full uniform on. The
video clearly shows the officers passing around a BIG!
bottle of booze as they hang on each other laughing
and havin a good ol time. At one point one officer stumbles
away from the group and takes a piss in the street.
The video ends with the cops setting the empty bottle
down and DRIVING AWAY!! This video was taken directly to Mayor Healey to show that the J.C.P.D. (who were being
paid by LLOYD GOLDMAN) was not helping the situation.
Mayor Healeys respons was \"well, i guess we got a problem
over there\" we could tell by the response the only problem
was the whole thing was on tape. But nothing was done,
the same cops were back at work, business as usual.
lets face it, they all look out for each other in every way,
And even if youre caught, your not, unless someone
presses charges. IF THAT WERE YOU AND I!!???

Posted on: 2007/1/29 2:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I hope you are right, but with all the legislation that we have in place there always seems to be gray areas - they are either not adhered to or enforced as it was legislated.

I still can't get over the fact that he remained a cop after his first DWI conviction - he wasn't some 'superman' cop, with outstanding arrest records or commendations of valor.

All he was, is a cop who got caught for drink driving more then once, was suspended, then reinstated and a cousin (1st or 2nd doesn't matter) of the Mayor.

Sadly, sometimes you need something bad to happen in order to make the grey areas go away.

I'm sure there will be some answers soon, this is now 100% in the hands of the H.C.P.O and they take full jurisdication whenever a death is involved.
(H.C.P.O = Hudson County Prosecutors Office.)

Posted on: 2007/1/29 2:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I hope you are right, but with all the legislation that we have in place there always seems to be gray areas - they are either not adhered to or enforced as it was legislated.

I still can't get over the fact that he remained a cop after his first DWI conviction - he wasn't some 'superman' cop, with outstanding arrest records or commendations of valor.

All he was, is a cop who got caught for drink driving more then once, was suspended, then reinstated and a cousin (1st or 2nd doesn't matter) of the Mayor.

I'd love to see anyone involved with law enforcement of any kind including cops, be made to take a breath test before they start work or shift - I'd also like to see all City Hall employees do the same, starting with the Mayor.

If they don't have .00 reading, then they are sent home without pay and not allowed to make any decision relating to their authority. This would eliminate any drinking lunches that council persons might have. They would have to be re-tested after meetings and lunches.

The 3 strikes apply, before they are saked.

Posted on: 2007/1/29 2:06

Edited by fat-ass-bike on 2007/1/29 2:34:21
Edited by fat-ass-bike on 2007/1/29 2:38:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Of course he was sick - being DRUNK would be considered sick. Alcoholism is a sickness - this dude keeps his pension.

Don't get me wrong pinko, I hope this BUM gets what should be coming his way like it would for you or me as 'Joe Citizen'.

FAB, he broke a law that is a statute, the pension and Merit board is governed by the state not the local municipality.

He will loose his job and with that goes his pension. You must have a min of 20 years (unless injured or killed in the line of duty) in order to collect.

The punishment for 2nd and 3rd time DWI is not lenient. Look up the laws in our state pertaining to DWI and also cross check how it affects any government employee in uniform. He has not had his hearing yet to permanently fire him, following union guidelines this situation has him suspended WITHOUT pay pending the review board hearing. There is no grey area here.

Posted on: 2007/1/29 1:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not so sure about this. I met a couple second cousins at my father's family's farm in Ireland and wouldn't have known them from anyone if I saw them on the street. I have over 50 first cousins and keeping them straight is hard enough. I've given up on knowing first cousins once removed (their children). A second cousin has a grandparent's sibling as one's common ancestor and is their grandchild. Families do talk but I have at least dozens and probably hundreds of second cousins and know none of them. Back in the day the Irish didn't have 2.1 kids...

Now I'm not saying that Healy's second cousin or someone else didn't remind him of their relationship (or that he didn't know it) but the possibility that he was just a bad cop hired by a city where being a cop is a tough gig (normally cops transfer out of places like JC/NYC, not into them) seems at least as likely. Also, it's not really fair to describe the cop as a "cousin", when most people understand that to mean first cousin.

For others who find cousins confusing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
If I was the Mayor, every distant relative that needed a favor, an appearance and /or referal of my good self would be coming out of the wood work.......shit, people on jclist would bang on my door and say 'remember me from listers!'

Not for one second do I believe that Healy was unaware of his cousins history - families talk, especially if one is the Mayor of a City.

Posted on: 2007/1/29 1:23

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017